You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 29, 2020, 08:50:08 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Gorean Adventure, Moved  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Sally Aces

Re: Gorean Adventure interest check.
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 10:37:40 PM »
*laughs*

I could see her fitting into the slave role if she loves the media spot light.  She might do well at least in some aspects of the slave role, and not at all for the more mundane things required. 
I agree, the attention junkie thing folds neatly into some aspects of being a kajira... I'm thinking she's helpless domestically... she can burn water, hates cleaning etc

I'll promise Kahru wont go easy on her because she's a barbarian.
All I can say is... yummy

Background...
You might want to simplify things,LordRod.
- Give your guy a military type background (helps with combat skills and leadership).
- make his company on Earth a conglomerate- some biotech (gmod seeds), some security work some communications(perhaps finding girls to transport) and aerospace (supports the back and forth)
- on Gor his House is a ruling one in the City they control due to all they provide behind the scenes and their skills at general badassery

And that sounds fun Sally :D Maybe she is even taken accidentally by the same means my char uses

THAT would be fun... either by Accident or "accident" he could be a fan/hater...

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:00:27 PM by Sally Aces »

Offline LordRod

• Lord of the Manse of Rod
  • Deverified
  • Enchanted
  • "...You will find me there, staring back at you."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 11:04:40 PM »
I agree, the attention junkie thing folds neatly into some aspects of being a kajira... I'm thinking she's helpless domestically... she can burn water, hates cleaning etc
All I can say is... yummy
You might want to simplify things,LordRod.
- Give your guy a military type background (helps with combat skills and leadership).
- make his company on Earth a conglomerate- some biotech (gmod seeds), some security work some communications(perhaps finding girls to transport) and aerospace (supports the back and forth)
- on Gor his House is a ruling one in the City they control due to all they provide behind the scenes and their skills at general badassery

THAT would be fun... either by Accident or "accident" he could be a fan/hater...

Thoughts?

Yeah, this makes sense to me.  Stock broker is useless in Gor ;)

And the pics are lovely.  I can tell I am going to love this. :D

Offline SupiasTopic starter

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 11:18:39 PM »
That middle picture looks like she is already in the Tahari desert. 

With her lack of domestic skills I wonder what Kahru will think of her tagging along on their adventure.  He might start calling her walk sleen feed. 

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »
Hehehe, I can just imagine how useless she'll be at first... OMG, if someone got food poisoning from her cooking... they might think she did it deliberately...

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 11:40:26 PM »
Kahru always makes his slaves taste it first...so erm... we better stop for a latrine huh

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 11:47:54 PM »
Oh! That's so a demeaning job for her... she's so valueless she's best used as a disposable taster

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »

Player: Supias
Name: Kahrumour Volundar
Origin: Anango
Sex: Male
Orientation: Pansexual
Role: Once Tarnsmen, now Mercenary

Appearance: Height-6’3’’ weight-175lb, Hair-brown, Eyes-gold and blue, Scars-One over his chin and lip, a deep gash at his left shoulder and one at his right hip, excessive whip cuts upon his back.

Talents: Karhu is expert at the whip, sword and knives.  He can ride a Kaiila, tharlarion, or Tarn but it has been some time since he has had the chance to ride a Tarn.  For the last decade, he has been involved in some grittier hunting work, where he has become blood brothers to a clan of the wagon people to the south as well as to a Torvaldian Jarl in the north.  He has traveled most of Gor though only ever calls Anango Home.

Possessions: Kahru owns two Kahli, and a pack of three hunting sleen. 

Note: He is addicted to Kanda root, and will become irritable and somewhat desperate if he runs out.

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 11:15:59 PM »

Player: Sally Aces
Name: Dior Watanabe
Origin: New York City, NY USA - Earth
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Once social media darling, now ???

Appearance:  Height-5'9’’. |  Weight-113lb  |  Hair-Black  |  Eyes-Brown
An exotic beauty with skin the color of milk chocolate and delicate features that hint at Asian descent, Dior is the kind of woman whose presence attracts attention and whose smile invites desire. Her body is slender and willowy but possesses the graceful curves and a fine derrière. She carries herself like a queen and her eyes sparkle with the sort of discerning intelligence that lets folks know she doesn't suffer fools lightly.

Talents: Text at ridiculous speeds one handed, get into any hot club and reach out to up and coming designers to show off their collections at THE parties of the season. Modeling, more than decent actress, speaks 5 languages (English, French, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish). Intuitive and empathic, she reads people quickly and well. Witty and charming, she has an entertaining and influential 'voice' whether speaking or writing. Graceful and flexible, after years of yoga and dance training, she's fit and athletic.

Possessions: None at present

Note: Anti-talent - utterly NOT domestic. Can't cook or clean to save her life

Offline LordRod

• Deverified
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 08:32:18 AM »
(sigh) I REALLY need to crack how to post pictures....:(

Will post stats this evening.

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »
(sigh) I REALLY need to crack how to post pictures....:(

I learned by Quotient-ing posts with pics and making edits to them :)

There's a good tutorial on it on the site

Offline Jazra

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2017, 01:03:59 AM »
I left Friday for some weekend fun. Sorry for the belated post. I am flexible on the character I might play.

My first idea is to play a Free Woman of Port Kar, a member of the Thieve's Caste. Whether she remains free or not is a question to be resolved in the game. From what I have read, this means she will have a tiny three-pronged brand burned into her cheekbone below her right eye. Why a thief would advertise their membership as a member of the thieve's case (in particular given that a woman who gets caught is enslaved) is something I don't know the reason why.

My second idea would be to play a (at least initially) Free Woman of Gor who has some connection with one of the male players. I think this would provide a nice point of interaction, especially if I late do something to bring dishonor onto that player's house and end up enslaved.

I'll work up a character once I get some feedback and narrow down who I will be playing.

Offline LordRod

• Deverified
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2017, 08:57:53 AM »

Player: Lord Rod
Name: Cicero Mason
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Heir to business empire, Merchant Caste

Appearance:  Height-6'5". |  Weight-220lbslb  |  Hair-Brown  |  Eyes-Brown
Handsome but rugged at the same time, with a physique obviously used to working in the outdoors.  There are some scars on his chest and hands but nothing that is not usually covered up with the right clothing.  He carries himself with confidence and poise with a deep smooth voice that fills the empty air.

Talents: He has been trained for Gor in ways he didn't know possible.  His father worked him practically to death building 'character' on the family farm using old and new methods; making sure he understood the family agribusiness both in product and in philosophy.  He also strong armed him into joining the national guard and ROTC.  Unfortunately, the only 'old school' weapon his father could convince him to learn was the bow; which he became quite good at, participating in several national tournaments.  He has an instinctive understanding of social situations, oozes charisma and speaks fluently and well.  He has an excellent memory and has learned several earth languages as well as Gorean (abiet with a horrible accent for now.)

Possessions: Backpack full of light survival gear sans anything that violates the strictures of the high priests and two bags full of valuables; jewels, gems, gold and even more valuable, a number of cutting edge seeds in the other.  He is wearing earth style clothing but has a 'ren fest' get up in the backpack at the insistence of his father.
He also has a steel knife and collapsible steel long bow.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:59:57 AM by LordRod »

Offline LordRod

• Deverified
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »

Player: Lord Rod
Name: Cicero Mason
Role: Heir to business empire, Merchant Caste

Appearance:  Height-6'5". |  Weight-220lbslb  |  Hair-Brown  |  Eyes-Brown
Handsome but rugged at the same time, with a physique obviously used to working in the outdoors.  There are some scars on his chest and hands but nothing that is not usually covered up with the right clothing.  He carries himself with confidence and poise with a deep smooth voice that fills the empty air.

Talents: He has been trained for Gor in ways he didn't know possible.  His father worked him practically to death building 'character' on the family farm using old and new methods; making sure he understood the family agribusiness both in product and in philosophy.  He also strong armed him into joining the national guard and ROTC.  Unfortunately, the only 'old school' weapon his father could convince him to learn was the bow; which he became quite good at, participating in several national tournaments.  He has an instinctive understanding of social situations, oozes charisma and speaks fluently and well.  He has an excellent memory and has learned several earth languages as well as Gorean (abiet with a horrible accent for now.)

Possessions: Backpack full of light survival gear sans anything that violates the strictures of the high priests and two bags full of valuables; jewels, gems, gold and even more valuable, a number of cutting edge seeds in the other.  He is wearing earth style clothing but has a 'ren fest' get up in the backpack at the insistence of his father.
He also has a steel knife and collapsible steel long bow.

Holy @#$@# I got it to work....

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2017, 09:19:48 AM »
Holy @#$@# I got it to work....

Woohoo...congrates!

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 09:28:42 AM »

My first idea is to play a Free Woman of Port Kar, a member of the Thieve's Caste. Whether she remains free or not is a question to be resolved in the game. From what I have read, this means she will have a tiny three-pronged brand burned into her cheekbone below her right eye.

My second idea would be to play a (at least initially) Free Woman of Gor who has some connection with one of the male players. I think this would provide a nice point of interaction, especially if I late do something to bring dishonor onto that player's house and end up enslaved.

If you would like to play a thief from Port Kar, I have no concerns, so long as you are aware of the price for stealing outside of Port Kar, and in particular should she do so against those of the company.  If  that were the  character you chose, there is a possibility Kahru would know her.  He has lived in Port Kar for a time, and his reputation is not particularly squeaky any longer.  He is also addicted to Kanda, which means he would likely be going to unsavory places to acquire some, particularly since he avoids the green at all costs.

The second option also has potential, just let us know which character is calling to you more.

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2017, 09:59:40 AM »
Why a thief would advertise their membership as a member of the thieve's case (in particular given that a woman who gets caught is enslaved) is something I don't know the reason why.

As a Free Woman you would likely be wearing a veil much of the time anyway so the mark would likely not be as damning as it needs to be.  She could easily have it covered without any suspicion and by most city laws.

Offline Jazra

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »
Excellent, I'll work on creating a free woman of Port Kar, a member of the thieve's caste. I totally understand the penalty of getting caught. If it happens, it'll be fun to play out. I'd love her to have some connection with or history with Kahru. Let me work on creating my veiled Free Woman and her history, then we can decide if and how the two might know each other.

I'm off to work now, so will be posting later.

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
hi hi, just wondering if you had any thoughts/notes for me about my earthgirl :)

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2017, 11:42:43 AM »
You might want to think about how she's been caught and why.   Be aware if she's not a virgin she'll likely be raped on transport ship.  She could be brought for a particular person OR you might want to talk with your fellow earth barbarion why you might have hitched the ride over on his talisman.   

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »
We are chatting about that over PM, Supias :)

As my girl is far from being a virgin, that happened... unless some big, strong, intelligent, Earthman with power and wealth decides to keep me for himself *batts eyes at LordRod*

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »
Oh good, being a personal slave will help protect her and give her a reason to be on the trip when she is more of a red silk than domestic help type slave.

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2017, 02:10:36 PM »
Hehehe, best way to keep from being Sleen Feed, eh?

Yah, my girl is destined for Red Silk... and when she gets 'used to' how things work, she may begin attempting to shift things in her favor. Interestingly enough, she's probably millennial-feminist enough to think she should have ambitions of bettering her lot, but hasn't yet figured out what that could mean in this new society

Offline LordRod

• Deverified
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »
We are chatting about that over PM, Supias :)

As my girl is far from being a virgin, that happened... unless some big, strong, intelligent, Earthman with power and wealth decides to keep me for himself *batts eyes at LordRod*

There is something about that avatar pic that makes me very easy to convince ;)

Offline Jazra

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2017, 04:58:44 PM »
Proposed Character:

Player: Jazra
Name: Adria Larentia
Origin: Port Kar
Sex: Female
Role: Member of the Thieves’ Cast

Appearance: Height-5’3’’ weight-125lb, Hair-Long and black, Eyes one is vivid blue, the other is almond brown, Scars: one small three pointed brand behind and below her right eye on her upper cheek. She is strong for her sex and size with great endurance due to a life of hard, physical training in the skills of her caste. Her body is slender with feminine, but slight curves.

Talents: Adria is a trained thief with a focus on the ability to infiltrate small and high up locations. She is a skilled acrobat and skilled at sleight of hand and pick pocketing. She’s also something of an entertainer being able to do card tricks, tell fortunes, juggle and pull coins from the ears of young children. She will often say if recognized as a member of the Thieves’ caste, “there are thieves, true masters of the art, and then there are simple folk like myself who entertain woman, slaves, and children with my humble if inadequate skills.” She is not a warrior, but she is skilled with a blade and can place a series of daggers in a target without fail. She is also a skilled archer and crossbow woman. Trained in self-defense along with her other skills since the age of three, her self-defense skills are aimed primarily at protecting herself and escape.

Possessions: A set of four beautifully balanced, dangerously sharp throwing daggers and a crossbow. Lock picks, a deck of fortune telling cards, dice (not loaded, but she can make them turn up as she desires most of the time), and a few other minor tricks. She possesses a bag of medium value gemstones that she had gained over a period and this represents her life savings.  She also carries a small supply of Kanda root, which she uses to keep alert and awake when such is called for.

Note: She is the daughter-in-law of the Thief Guild master in Port Kar. Sandalius (nickname Sand), her husband’s fate is unknown as he vanished after accepting a dangerous assignment. For some reason, her father-in-law now holds a grudge against her and after there was a kidnap attempt by slavers, she’s made the decision to leave Port Kar.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:34:16 PM by Jazra »

Re: Gorean Adventure, (Still Open)
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2017, 04:20:23 PM »
This character looks intriguing.  I'm curious to talk about how Kahru might have known Adria and how they might use each other's talents.  Just a note, make sure to use her weapons abilities sparingly.  The small throwing knives could be explained fairly easily for utility knives, but the others might raise some eyebrows particularly in the smaller or tribal areas. At one point I had thought of having our thread open in Port Kar.  It's a nice place to go wherever we want from  but I'm open to having it start anywhere along the Vosk river if others had thoughts. 

We are not full yet.  We could use a physician, a scribe, another warrior and possibly more slaves, however I am thinking of starting the thread over the weekend, and just adding from there.  I have a more or less NPC scribe in my head if one doesn't show up, and it might be interesting to need to go into a town for any physician. 

Any thoughts or questions just drop me a line.