You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:48:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Strip Poker [Trying again]  (Read 1305 times)

Offline BigBuckBobTopic starter

Strip Poker [Trying again]
« on: December 26, 2008, 10:19:12 PM »
I intend for this to be a game of Texas Holdem poker.

I will play the dealer, and pm your cards for the round. You get two, you bet a number of clothes [out of ten]

Characters: Write out what your ten articles will be. Even if it's [two socks, two earings, jacket, shirt, skirt, glasses, bra, panties] You do not have to do it in that order. You are free to make deals with other players to get your stuff back. You can't use your winnings as bets until naked.

Not sure why this doesn't get more interest. Can someone explain it to me?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:39:19 PM by Buchanen »

Offline Ixy

Re: Strip Poker
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 08:16:34 PM »
Hey, sounds like fun.  If people put a lot of description into their characters, that is *grin* 
Put me down as 'intersted', definitely. 

What's the setting?  I'll send a 'persona,' assuming it's modern, via PM.

Offline Carlcjjohnson

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 08:23:57 PM »
Consider me very interested!!

It'd be good if we perhaps based our characters on images amateur adult models, then we could depict them stripping off their layers as the game progresses  8)

Very good of you Bob to take the role of dealer.

Offline Ixy

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 08:25:56 PM »
It'd be good if we perhaps based our characters on images amateur adult models, then we could depict them stripping off their layers as the game progresses  8)

How does that work?  Sounds like a neat idea...

Offline Carlcjjohnson

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 08:35:11 PM »
How does that work?  Sounds like a neat idea...

Well, in our character profiles (which we'd present before the game), we'd use an image of a model. Since taking their clothes off is what they do best, we could post different images depicting further stages of nudity at critical points in the game, coinciding with our characters losing their clothes.

I've got to be honest - doesn't 10 items of clothing seem a bit much? We might have to play 15-20 rounds via these forums before anyone gets near nudity.

It could work via IM. It'd be instant, like actual poker. Haha, if webcams were involved it'd be all the more real  ;)

(Yes, I've lately become an advocate for IM RP. So sue me ::))

Offline Ixy

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 03:26:59 AM »
Well, if I can find a model, maybe.   Webcam's a 'no' for me.  Writing's always been my interest, though, and IM requires a long night, which would be good if it worked.

Offline Fragile Dreams

• Officialy Elliquiy's Cookie Pimp.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Today I introduce myself... to my own feelings
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 03:44:23 AM »
Great idea although the only strip poker i know the rules of is the one in touch screen arcade games. If the rules are the same them i would really loved to play. And the model idea sounds really great. Great job to all :D *grabs a cigar and flips a betting chip around his fingers*

Offline Older And Wiser

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »
I am interested.  What are the limits?

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 12:23:46 PM »
I like Carl's idea. Using a model to do the stripping for you [if you can find one]. But I lalso ike the idea of 10 pieces, because I'm not doing it just for the stripping aspect. I'm thinking detailed rp, but only one post per person between rounds of card dealing. No raises, except all in.

Offline Fragile Dreams

• Officialy Elliquiy's Cookie Pimp.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Today I introduce myself... to my own feelings
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 12:28:53 PM »
Can we make the scene in the late 20's? You know, mafia, hats, costumes. It would be interesting setting.

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »
I'd think a Halloween party would be more appropriate. Gives everyone the opportunity to act like they would want. I have trouble believing a room full of mafia gangsters would agree to strip poker with only one female at the table.

Oh and as for the limits question: I'd say discuss that privately with whoever you need to. But this is a public poker game, with strangers. I intend to put it in light.

Offline Older And Wiser

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 05:08:53 PM »
At this point it would appear we have only one woman interested.  Should we expand recruitment or encourage gender bending or switch behavior? 

Offline Ixy

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 07:54:18 AM »
After some thought, I think the pic idea would be neat as a supplement, but I'm concerned that we'd get shorter-written posts as a result.  I think the best way to attract players is to focus on a neat setting (a Halloween party would be a great idea, guys... good stuff!), interesting descriptions of characters and actions, and keeping the events moving... most people on E are looking for a highly-readable scenario less than mechanics.

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 02:33:14 PM »
I intend to keep my character professional, so I don't care if men play as women or vice versa. But I do think we need more then just the one woman.

And I think the ten piece clothes betting will make finding pictures more difficult. I haven't seen many pictures depicting each article of clothing [i.e. earings and socks and the like]. Which means even with the picture idea there will be plenty to write about. Especially since the stripping is only a part of it.

Offline seducer12

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 05:37:53 AM »
Is it still open. I'd be very very interested!

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 01:54:37 AM »
Still open, waiting for a few more females.

Offline Older And Wiser

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »
I like to gender bend, so I'll play a woman.  Ithink it helps me with my non-erotic writing too.

Offline HiddenLover

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »
I might be interested, although it's not a sure thing. I'm still trying to understand the concept completely. -laughs-

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »
Interest seems to be here, so as soon as I get a chance to actually sit down at a computer for more then three minutes, I'll set up the thread.

First post can be used as a character sheet, as the players enter the room.

Hiddenlover- Ask what you are unsure about. The only bad question is the one not asked.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:58 PM »

Thread: http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27361.0
Post your character info as part as your intro as you sit at the table.

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »
Only two people have arrived so far. You are accepted as you enter, so don't think it's full.

You're welcome even if you haven't posted here yet.

Offline Older And Wiser

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »
and we could use some guys
 ;D

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »
I usually aim for the 'the more females the better' angle.

I'm willing to split my attentions amongst multiple females if I need to.

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
Last call.