Star- Touched

Started by Beainfamous, March 28, 2017, 08:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beainfamous

Star -Touched

"This whole nightmare started one fairly ordinary day in Edora, which is a continent
in Espea if you didn't know. Everyone was going about their business (including me)
until fate brought me and a bunch of real weirdos to the West air dock at exactly
quarter to sunrise. Don't ask me how, but we all ended up piled on this bucket of an
airship, captained by the devil incarnate and headed for airspace unchartered and
dangerous! You might think we'd have better control of our lives, a bunch of strangers
ending up on an airship captained by his unholy lordship isn't exactly a simple mistake,
ay you're right but if I'm totally honest with you... I wouldn't change one thing about
that fateful day for the world.
Whether by mistake or choice there's nowhere else I'd rather be." - A Reluctant Crewmember of The Three Swords.

The General Idea
The idea of the Roleplay "Star-Touched" is for a brand new, small time crew to embark on crazy adventures and become great friends along the way. Did I mention this is a Sky Pirate roleplay?? The Roleplay would ideally begin with an advertisement for crew members to board a Sky Ship sailing far away which lures all sorts of individuals! Some are looking to escape a predicament, others are looking to further their life goals and the crazy few are simply searching for adventure or to fulfil their dreams. One thing is for certain, adventure is one thing the makeshift crew will never be short of on this particular vessel. [If preferred some of the characters can already be a part of the crew]

Brief overall plans/ideas for the ship.

1# Bring together a small and varied crew of characters: - this opens an opportunity for bonding, character conflicts and more!
2# Discover where it is they're travelling to and why? - Captain's wishes, it'll be to achieve a ridiculous and perhaps unattainable goal that I'm open to collaborating upon with players.
3# A character development journey that welcomes new characters to enter at a later date, character deaths and tragedy. Pushed forwards by mini-adventures within the main arc. I anticipate sexual tension, potential romances/flings, fights, buckets of adventure and hopefully a few laughs. This isn't a smutty, one shot story and although romance can be a theme it really isn't desired as the 'point' of the story. I want a good character driven thing here. Characters don't have to be all chest and legs, six packs and trouser snakes- I want quirky and fun too!

The World/ Universe

So far I plan for the world to be a mixture of old and new. It's One Piece inspired (it's an anime/manga) with its own twist.

There will be a military government and a king's council. The military government is responsible for upholding universal laws and squashing crime. They have complete jurisdiction and are able to implement the law where ever they see fit although some areas of the world are more dangerous to venture for them than others. Marines and Air Force, they patrol land, sky and sea. The two forces often bicker upon meeting, arguing over which force is the best.

The Kings Council is a collection of Rulers, who gather frequently to discuss problems and negotiate in order to keep peace and order amongst their countries. There are fifteen Rulers altogether.

The world itself is peculiar and there's plenty left to be discovered. A treacherous, natural line called "The Verge" separates the ordinary world from the peculiar. On one side there are stable seas, predictable skies and ordinary pirates. On the other side, absolute mayhem! Weather and climates that are unstable, magnetic plates that make compasses useless, floating islands and things beyond your wildest dreams! Known as No Mans Land. The universe will have a slice of magic in it to keep things interesting and unpredictable but it won't take over.

Potential Characters

Captain - Reserved for GM. He will be male and mid-twenties.
Navigator
Shipright
Doctor
Cook
Sharpshooter
First Mate
...Think of anything else please share! I would prefer for the crew to be relatively young unless you can present a worthy aged character
I think will benefit a character driven plot. Characters should be human unless a good, suitable suggestion is made otherwise.

Interested? Fantastic! Feel free to express interest or ask questions here on this thread!
My Ideas
My On's and Off's
RL Female Character Images
RL Male Character Images

Writing Website: - Bea Infamous | Wattpad

Expect Delays: - I am studying a fulltime degree and have a part-time job.

Relikai

Interested in a Doctor or a Cook. Prefer to play a female character for this :)

Florence

Hmmmm, I could see about whipping up a female character (probably gay or bi, most of my characters are xD) for the sharpshooter or first mate positions
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Beainfamous

Quote from: Florence on March 28, 2017, 08:08:47 AM
Hmmmm, I could see about whipping up a female character (probably gay or bi, most of my characters are xD) for the sharpshooter or first mate positions
Yep, okay. Sounds good. Feel free to PM me any ideas or images you have for your character as and when you think of it.

Quote from: Relikai on March 28, 2017, 08:06:25 AM
Interested in a Doctor or a Cook. Prefer to play a female character for this :)

That sounds great. Of course, I would welcome a female character. I will say now that any images used should be preferably non-real. Feel free to PM me as and when you have any ideas for your character.

I don't mind there being a gender imbalance within the crew but there should logically be a couple of guys in the crew other than the poor captain! Just a note for everyone else looking to join. Also I didn't mention it but I will just to be clear, I don't mind what gender you are in reality! I'm a girl and I'll be playing a male captain so y'know, it's cool! I may also play a female character after I see what sort of group we can round up xD
My Ideas
My On's and Off's
RL Male Character Images

Metraxa

Hm, I'd be interested in this. Nothing like some good old fashioned piracy.

Beainfamous

Quote from: Metraxa on March 28, 2017, 09:25:19 AM
Hm, I'd be interested in this. Nothing like some good old fashioned piracy.

I know right! Do you have any inclination to a particular role or gender?
My Ideas
My On's and Off's
RL Male Character Images

Azee

I am very interested in playing a shipwright or another kind of mechanic or engineer for this. A female one :P

Metraxa

Quote from: Beainfamous on March 28, 2017, 09:48:17 AM
I know right! Do you have any inclination to a particular role or gender?

Not so much on immediate role on the ship, but I'm going to be male.

Beainfamous

Quote from: Azee on March 28, 2017, 09:52:55 AM
I am very interested in playing a shipwright or another kind of mechanic or engineer for this. A female one :P

Ah, so many females xD Well at least Captain Eren won't be lonely haha! I appreciate your interest.

Quote from: Metraxa on March 28, 2017, 09:53:59 AM
Not so much on immediate role on the ship, but I'm going to be male.

Okay good, another man for team Eren! Can't let him be alone with a crew of women he'll either be the laughing stock or the most envied captain in the universe.
My Ideas
My On's and Off's
RL Male Character Images

yuki92

Oh, wow, i love One Piece. and the potential characters list seems like a Luffy's crew there lol

And i put a tentative interest to be a female navigator...

Metraxa

Quote from: Beainfamous on March 28, 2017, 10:06:34 AM
Okay good, another man for team Eren! Can't let him be alone with a crew of women he'll either be the laughing stock or the most envied captain in the universe.

Probably the latter. But no worries, I'll help out there. At least I have a backstory idea, even if I'm now settled on a role.

Beainfamous

Quote from: yuki92 on March 28, 2017, 10:12:40 AM
Oh, wow, i love One Piece. and the potential characters list seems like a Luffy's crew there lol

And i put a tentative interest to be a female navigator...

Haha yay! Yeah, that's kind of what I'm going for! To be quite honest I was considering using 'Zoro' as a face claim for the captain but I'm still debating. He matches the kind of grizzly character I wanted to play.
My Ideas
My On's and Off's
RL Male Character Images

Beainfamous

Quote from: Metraxa on March 28, 2017, 10:14:30 AM
Probably the latter. But no worries, I'll help out there. At least I have a backstory idea, even if I'm now settled on a role.

I'd be interested to know the back story  :D
My Ideas
My On's and Off's
RL Male Character Images

Diesel Heart

I'll place my interest down for a
male
.  The position I'll just not decide since everyone's already claiming things and hasn't decided what they want.  If I had a choice, however, I'd play navigator.

la dame en noir

I"m interested! It seems a few people want to play a female sharpshooter - but I'm still going to throw myself in here as well.

I would love to make a female sharpshooter or navigator.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Gateman

I think I've got a male character in the vault that would work as either a doctor, first mate, or, if we're going more action oriented, a raider (the guy who boards the enemy ship). A few questions though:

What's the sex:story ratio gonna be like? I prefer a 40:60 split leaning toward story myself, or a 50:50 split.

What's the magic situation like here?

How crazy and violent can I make my character if I bring in my raider?

Beainfamous

Quote from: Diesel Heart on March 28, 2017, 04:18:54 PM
I'll place my interest down for a
male
.  The position I'll just not decide since everyone's already claiming things and hasn't decided what they want.  If I had a choice, however, I'd play navigator.
Yes it seems the navigator position is hot stuff, (why?) so it's up to you whether you want to compete for it or like you mention hang back to see what's what. There is no first come, first serve so everyone has an equal chance of getting each role. I like your character image as well.

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 28, 2017, 07:21:56 PM
I"m interested! It seems a few people want to play a female sharpshooter - but I'm still going to throw myself in here as well.

I would love to make a female sharpshooter or navigator.

Why not? Pile in! Well, you'll have to fight a few for either role. I wish you luck :)

Quote from: Gateman on March 29, 2017, 02:03:01 AM
I think I've got a male character in the vault that would work as either a doctor, first mate, or, if we're going more action oriented, a raider (the guy who boards the enemy ship). A few questions though:

What's the sex:story ratio gonna be like? I prefer a 40:60 split leaning toward story myself, or a 50:50 split.

What's the magic situation like here?

How crazy and violent can I make my character if I bring in my raider?

Okay in regards to sex:story ratio I would probably say 40:60 (if that!) towards story. I'm happy for flirting and tension to be a general thing but sexual content isn't the focus or aim of this and should only be featured when and if appropriate and natural. If someone wants to play a 'Sanji' like character to bring a sexual vibe into their characters nature that's fine.

Magic...I honestly haven't got an answer right now. I know in my mind I want there to be elements of magic featured in the story in order to enable weird and wonderful things to occur on their journey but I also don't want it to be overpowering. In no man's land, there's a lot of things happening that don't make sense or seem impossible. Is there a specific thing you're thinking of?
In one piece they have the devils fruit which allows an individual who consumes a fruit to gain a weird and crazy power but other than that magic isn't a huge thing. That balance seems ideal to me. We could create something similar whether it be like the fruit or with rare objects.

As for characters, I haven't thought about a raider and I'm not sure that role would fit. I don't mind aggressive characters but someone very crazy/violent would make them a difficult crew member to associate with surely? I think I'd need to see what you mean before I could say. Your version of crazy and violent might not seem so bad or on the flip side might seem a terrible fit for the story.
My Ideas
My On's and Off's
RL Male Character Images

Gateman

Quote from: Beainfamous on March 29, 2017, 08:50:02 AM
Okay in regards to sex:story ratio I would probably say 40:60 (if that!) towards story. I'm happy for flirting and tension to be a general thing but sexual content isn't the focus or aim of this and should only be featured when and if appropriate and natural. If someone wants to play a 'Sanji' like character to bring a sexual vibe into their characters nature that's fine.

I'm not planning to bang everyone on the ship, I just like to have a good idea of what to expect in terms of story and such. Depending on the character I play, I may play a natural flirt, but any sex would have to be part of the natural flow.

Magic...I honestly haven't got an answer right now. I know in my mind I want there to be elements of magic featured in the story in order to enable weird and wonderful things to occur on their journey but I also don't want it to be overpowering. In no man's land, there's a lot of things happening that don't make sense or seem impossible. Is there a specific thing you're thinking of?
In one piece they have the devils fruit which allows an individual who consumes a fruit to gain a weird and crazy power but other than that magic isn't a huge thing. That balance seems ideal to me. We could create something similar whether it be like the fruit or with rare objects.

The main reason I ask is because I was thinking of something like Monster Hunter's hunting horn, or D&D's Bard. One of the characters I was considering bringing on is a hard drinking, hard partying bard with an item called a Ring of Eloquence that lets him be fluent in multiple languages he otherwise wouldn't know. Aside from that, most of his stuff is natural ability or some alchemical item, like candies that amplify his voice, or lozenges to change the pitch for when he pretends to be a girl. (long story)

As for characters, I haven't thought about a raider and I'm not sure that role would fit. I don't mind aggressive characters but someone very crazy/violent would make them a difficult crew member to associate with surely? I think I'd need to see what you mean before I could say. Your version of crazy and violent might not seem so bad or on the flip side might seem a terrible fit for the story.

I didn't really see anything detailing the kind of conflicts we'll have, so I was thinking of bringing back this ship captain named Fergus Seabring, who'd gone slightly crazy after being shipwrecked and marooned on a deserted island when he was a child. He had a tendency toward cannibalism as part of the religion he adopted during the ordeal, and would often charge into battle aboard enemy ships with a pair of boarding axes, ready to kill and eat anyone he didn't sacrifice to his god. Think Hidan from Naruto meets Queequeg, with a little bit PTSD thrown in for flavor. He never attacked shipmates, though.