You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

March 03, 2021, 02:42:20 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (In Discussion)  (Read 397 times)

Offline Cold HeritageTopic starter

(In Discussion)
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:45:50 pm »
edit 27/03/2017: talking about this potentially with some folks! Thanks kindly.

Hello fellow Elliquiyan. Thank you for taking the time to drop on by. I'm posting this message in the hopes of finding someone to write a superhero story with me. I'd really like to write a bombastic, melodramatic, two-fisted tale of adventure with enough explosions to make Michael Bay weep a single tear of appreciation while giving a thumb up in approval.

I don't necessarily want to play the number 1 top dog superhero. Or even the number 2. I've always had a lot of fun playing someone lower down the ladder - while the big names are saving the planet from an existential threat, my character is fighting to save a run-down memorial center from some baddo who made their own Truckasaurus. Or instead of fighting the space vampires from Cosmos X who have a techno-castle on the dark side of the moon, my character's facing down a New Zealander vampire who trolls Twilight conventions for his prey. The story would be about stuff like that. But also inter-personal drama. I don't really want a perfect fairy tale love at first sight kind of thing between my character and the character of my writing partner. I'd like a story where our characters can say the wrong thing and hurt each other - whether the relationship is platonic or more I'd like it to have highs and lows.

The character I have in mind is a well-meaning, good-hearted type. Goes with being a superhero. But he's also a turbo-Chad. Popped collar a lot of the time (v-neck for his shades the rest of the time), hooked on Bud Light Lime, always taking care to spike his hair, dangerously bro. That kind of thing. Some convoluted backstory elements - because that's just par for the superhero course, am I right? - include being heir to the Campbell's soup fortune; a stint in Japan as a masked wrestler named Broski X; weird extended family in Argentina, including a cousin who wants to usurp his position as heir to the aforementioned soup fortune; a bad break-up with an alien prince that has left him the nemesis of the ENTIRE planet of Gleeblegrop 6 (where kids in school learn that he is a bad person who should feel bad, but because he is so bad, he doesn't feel bad). His super powers include super strength, super toughness, super abs.

I'd like a partner who can write about 200 words a post. I mean, in general. Sometimes a short, pithy post accomplishes more than a novella. But I don't really want consistent one-liners. That's just not to my taste, you know? Nothing negative for those who prefer that. If you're interested, hit me up with a PM. If not, thanks again for stopping by, and best of luck in finding something more your speed.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:15:52 pm by Cold Heritage »