You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 20, 2018, 11:41:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A wild newbie has appeared!  (Read 68 times)

inkwren and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Argon JadenTopic starter

A wild newbie has appeared!
« on: Today at 12:42:04 PM »
Hey ho!

Hi, I'm AyJay. I just joined and the interface still confuses me (I'll get used to it soon, I promise!) But I hope that we all get along.  :D

I've been RPing for a long time, and I'm really just looking for more platforms to play on. :) Please take care of me.

Thank you!!! 💙💜❤

Offline Flower

• Rumple || Critter || Hyacinth Forever Dancing
  • Mentor
  • Carnite
  • Let the Music Play || You Can Dance If You Want To
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: A wild newbie has appeared!
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:48:27 PM »
Hey! Welcome to Elliquiy, AyJay! ^_^ We're glad to have you here! Please feel free to ask us any questions. We'd rather you reach out than become frustrated.

There are a few things you need to do in order to kick the introduction process into motion.

Elliquiy's introduction and approval process is an interactive one and requires your participation. Please click here to read the rules and then pick up the questionnaire. Come back to this thread to answer it so we can get to know you better! Mentors, staff, and approved members will drop by to ask you questions.

Thanks! Hope to see your answered questionnaire soon.  :-)

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:22:18 PM »
My bad. I accidentally hit the post button without checking whether I copied the questionnaire, so I had to rewrite my responses all over again. XD It's my fault for being careless. Sorry 'bout that.

[/hr]

Required Questions:
These questions must be answered to start your application

1.    Tell us how you found us, please? I found it while surfing the net for RP sites online.

2.    Confirmation that you understand our rules. I've read it, so I understand it. I'll just ask if I get confused at some point. It's bound to happen.

3.    A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. I am old enough to have a professional driver's license. The only reason that I don't is because I can't drive.

4.    Your native language(s) and what region you are from.
My mother tongue is English but my native tongue is Filipino. I hail from the Philippines.

5.    What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy, and what aspects of our community are you interested in? I'm looking for a fun time doing something I had grown to enjoy and love over the years. I like role-playing, exchanging with different people, the various quirks and interests. It's all interesting to me. I also like seeing how styles differ and how people play. So there's that. Mostly, I was roped in by the fact that there was a lot of available types of RPs here.

6.    Are you new to roleplaying? Nope. Been doing this for a long while. I like having different partners, but I do favor length and quality, or at least RPs that give me a lot to respond to. So long as I have enough to go on, then on I go.

7.    Elliquiy consists of a wide array of sexualities, personalities and enthusiasts of various kinks. How comfortable are you interacting in such a community? Very Comfortable. I like diversity, and finding new things and people. It's a great learning experience.

8.    How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? To each their own, I believe. I don't really mind. I feel like I have no right to question why a boy wants to play as a girl and vice versa. That said, whatever they feel like, they do. As long as you're having fun and not offending anyone, play any gender you want.

9.    Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. No one liners in RPs. That is all. I can pretty much adjust and deal with things, so I'm good.

Optional Questions:
As our application process is a chance for us to get to know you better, we've left a few optional questions to get you started.  A member of our Welcoming team will be along soon to continue the process. If you do choose to answer these at a later date, you will need to reply to your introduction thread with a new post, as unapproved applicants cannot edit posts.

A.    Would you like to disclose your gender identity? We do not require our members to reveal their real gender. However, doing so determines your User Group, Badge, and some OOC Boards on Elliquiy. General membership will be processed as Legate I don't mind disclosing my gender. Funny thing though, people have long took me as the opposite gender online so it's come to the point where I don't really identify with a certain gender OOC.

B.    What are some hobbies or activities you particularly enjoy? Uhh, Role-playing, I guess? I play League of Legends, some Minecraft, but mostly I'm busy with uni so I spend my time either playing those games, sleeping or working on my thesis. Oh, I love pixel horror games though. Would love recommends on those.

C.    What would you do if a writing partner suddenly, and without prior discussion, included one of your major offs in your roleplay? I either talk to them about it, I suck it up and continue on, looking at it as a learning stone, or I tell them I don't like it and if the offense is multiple, I may explain and then drop the game.

D.    Please describe your writing style and preferences.
I prefer Romance, Slice-of-Life, Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Mature. I mostly play gay characters, if not female. My post length is from para to semi-lit to novella. I may docasuals every now and then, or my posts are shorter than usual, but that's usually because I'm on mobile and I have the tendency to rush responses when I'm on my phone. But other than that, if my partner posted a novella, then I'm positive I'll also post a novella.

E.    Please describe your ideal roleplaying partner and their character. I like chameleon-esque players who respond the same length as I do. Or at least players who give me enough to work with. Just no one liners. I enjoy an RP challenge and while I do have a preference, I am willing to play other genres to gain some XP.

F.    As part of the application process, our members like asking fun questions of applicants. We want to get to know you and entertain you during your approval process!

F1. Please let us know if you would you prefer: fun/silly questions, writing prompts, both, or neither. I can do both. I like people knowing what kind of craziness I jump into so they can better get a feel of how I prefer playing. Mature and serious questions are good too, for the same reason.

F2. If you would like fun questions or a writing prompt, please start by treating the following as either a question, writing prompt, or character building exercise, and remember to keep it PG13: People start waking up with superpowers, but they are mostly useless. For example, the power to be immune to every third bullet, or the power to force people to do the chicken dance whenever the song is played. What would your ‘mostly useless’ power be, and how would you use it? My most useless power would be the power of knowing who farted in the elevator. I'm pretty sure there are no elevators in my building, so it's not very useful, but it can work? I think? When the time comes? Does that count?

F3. If you prefer no crazy questions or prompts, you can still include a sample of your writing, if you would like; we would love to see your writing style and creativity!
He opened his mouth to respond before quickly snapping it shut, brows furrowed in mild confusion before letting out a soft exhale. "Whatever works, I guess?" He mutters softly before lifting his head and glancing at his roommate. "Hey Shima?" The young man barely waited for the other to respond before he fires out a question. "Are my eyes blue or are they turquoise?"

A strangled sound came from Shima, who peered at him with an unamused expression. "Don't know, don't care. Dude, I'm in the middle of a game." He hisses. Sable shrugs and turns back to the computer. "Is that enough of a sample for you?" He says as he types the words out. From his position by the couch, Shimaaji makes another strangled sound.

"Sable, it's two am. Can you not mutter? It's creepy as hell." He says. Sable just shrugs in his direction with a grin.

(I tend to play two characters when allowed)

G.    Do you have any questions of us? Is there a more mobile friendly version? I tend to play from my phone a lot so, yeah, it's not the best way to check at times.

Offline Daeva

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:27:41 PM »
    Good afternoon Argon and welcome to Elliquiy!

As far as the application goes, it happens more often than you'd think so don't even worry about it :)

• If you are looking to roleplay while you wait, I would suggest looking at the Non-Adult Roleplay Requests forum that you have access to. Here you can look at other people's requests and even post one of your own.
    • If something catches your fancy, please use this forum for such pursuits.
    • We also have daily activities that you can take part in! Word of the Day, where you can learn new words and challenge yourself to write a piece with the term.
    • Also, Forum Games/Socializing board, which is an excellent way to pass the time and meet new people!
    • You may also visit The ShoutBox - it is possible I may be there at times, too. Before doing so though please read over the ShoutBox Rules.

Also make sure to check in here, your introduction thread, on a regular basis to stay on top of any replies.

As you have a preference for more serious questions -

What would you say is your favorite part of plotting a new story?

I look forward to your answer :)

Online Britwitch

« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:45:02 PM »
Hello there Argon and welcome to Elliquiy!

I'm Britwitch, another of the mentors here at E, and just wanted to stop by and wish you all the best for the approval process.

While I'm here, in the spirit of helping things keep moving along, I'll leave you a little question to be going on with...

What do you enjoy about writing collaboratively?

Best of luck!

Brit

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:49:16 PM »
Okay, okay, there really is a lot to do. I like this.

Also, thank you for the wonderful questions. 💙💜❤

Answer 1: My favorite parts would be plotting how the story begins, like, where do our characters start? What are they to each other? What's our basic premise? I prefer having the characters develop into the plot as we go along and us plotting where they go from how they developed.

For example, we plotted your character would be a struggling young actor waiting for his big break, and my character is this newbie video editor guy working for the studio and they just bump into each other. Then, as the story progresses, we begin to see what these two can be. Friends? Best friends? Lovers? I enjoy that part where we say what they are at the start, watch them grow into their roles and see what they can branch out from there, giving them more options.

Answer 2: The part where we discuss what's going to happen next and how the characters grow outside each other's expectations, making it so that each player has to adjust every now and then while staying in character.

It's a thing that frustrated me to no end at first, how when in an RP, things don't go the way you want it but there's two of you playing (or more) so it absolutely makes sense. I love the fact that it may be scripted a bit but you can adjust to each other.

Offline Daeva

« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:05:27 PM »
Okay, okay, there really is a lot to do. I like this.

Also, thank you for the wonderful questions. 💙💜❤

Answer 1: My favorite parts would be plotting how the story begins, like, where do our characters start? What are they to each other? What's our basic premise? I prefer having the characters develop into the plot as we go along and us plotting where they go from how they developed.

For example, we plotted your character would be a struggling young actor waiting for his big break, and my character is this newbie video editor guy working for the studio and they just bump into each other. Then, as the story progresses, we begin to see what these two can be. Friends? Best friends? Lovers? I enjoy that part where we say what they are at the start, watch them grow into their roles and see what they can branch out from there, giving them more options.

There really is a lot to see and do here, so if you have any questions while you're looking around, please don't hesitate to ask :)

I really enjoy that part of the collaboration as well. Building the scene and life of these characters before we let them fly.

Another question if you don't mind..

Do you ever use music as an inspiration for a story, or ever heard a song and said "There's a plot in that" ?

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:24:54 PM »
Please, keep the questions coming.  :D
(So far, this and the rules thread are the only threads I can navigate through without getting lost. Also considering that I'm on mobile, I get lost pretty easily.)

Answer: Yes! Definitely. Especially if it seems to strike a chord with my muse at the moment. Or better, let's say, I put my player on random and hit play. There are times when the songs play and I get this really good plot idea that I'm itching to write, so I write it out. Or end up crying because I let the idea stew in my head for too long and I've completed a story and I'm sad that it finished.

But yes. Songs give me inspirations, just as much as pictures and smells, oddly enough. As long as my muse clicks into it, I can see a ploy on it. OwO

Online Britwitch

« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:26:16 PM »
Answer 2: The part where we discuss what's going to happen next and how the characters grow outside each other's expectations, making it so that each player has to adjust every now and then while staying in character.

It's a thing that frustrated me to no end at first, how when in an RP, things don't go the way you want it but there's two of you playing (or more) so it absolutely makes sense. I love the fact that it may be scripted a bit but you can adjust to each other.

The interplay between you and a writing partner is such a wonderful thing to watch taking place and leads me onto another question, if you don't mind...

What if, once you've made all your wonderful plans for your story, something organically happens that's a massive departure from your original idea. What do you do...follow the unfamiliar road to see where it leads or try to steer things back 'on course'?

;D

Offline Daeva

« Reply #9 on: Today at 02:29:16 PM »
Please, keep the questions coming.  :D
(So far, this and the rules thread are the only threads I can navigate through without getting lost. Also considering that I'm on mobile, I get lost pretty easily.)

Answer: Yes! Definitely. Especially if it seems to strike a chord with my muse at the moment. Or better, let's say, I put my player on random and hit play. There are times when the songs play and I get this really good plot idea that I'm itching to write, so I write it out. Or end up crying because I let the idea stew in my head for too long and I've completed a story and I'm sad that it finished.

But yes. Songs give me inspirations, just as much as pictures and smells, oddly enough. As long as my muse clicks into it, I can see a ploy on it. OwO

While I havent navigated the site too much by mobile, I think the shout box (Elliquiy's chat room if you will) might be an easy spot for you to take a look at. The links I sent you also include some forum games; our word of the day thread which is a daily prompt for writing and our non adult rp section.

Was there a particular link there you were had questions on?

And of course we'll be happy to keep the questions coming for you in this thread as well.

What has been your favorite character to write to date?

« Reply #10 on: Today at 02:48:22 PM »
@Britwitch

It really frustrated me back then. Hahahaha. I used to refrain from responding and ignored the game if it didn't go the way I want when I started out. I'm just pretty glad that attitude was quickly rectified by one of my partners.

Answer: Well, I usually follow the unfamiliar path. Especially if the person I'm playing with has a different idea. I mean, sure, I'd get very frustrated, but at the end, I'm interested to see what they're thinking. Mostly though, I compromise. I let them steer it, then slowly guide it somewhere we find even footing and we both like it.

So yeah. "Compromise and Adjust" route it is for me.

@Daeva

The shoutbox? The one on top? Right? It honestly confuses me, but I'll adjust to it, I guess? I really am just easily lost when I visit new sites.

But that aside, yeah. For the general rated RPs, is there a way for me to adjust the settings so I can see the latest post? Or is it already the latest post?

I'm honestly not sure whether I'm lost or confused. @-@

Answer: Uhhhh, kind of character personality or Character that I would not mind playing over and over again?

If it's type and personality, I'd say a male character. People tell me I have a preference for making extroverted characters, but in my experience, most of my partnered characters are introverts, and as lengthy and good as the responses are, without any of them willing to engage, they'll just ignore each other.

As for a character I love writing, I guess that would most definitely be my boy Kiyan Ledger. He's an OC from one of my earlier RPs that I absolutely love. He looks fragile, (people have told me its like looking at an introverted Jack Frost from RoTG and that kind of blew up in my face when the accusations started. Not on the site but on a writing site where I continued writing the story) but is actually a pottymouth, who will fight you at any chance but is really a big 'ole cuddly bump when you get to know him. Hyper-over protective too. And yes, very gay. Doesn't act it tho.

Offline Daeva

« Reply #11 on: Today at 02:57:57 PM »
Argon,

The shout box is really just a chat room. Its real time live conversation with other members and applicants for socializing, not for RP.

As for the settings, I am checking on that to see if you can change your settings to have the newest replies at the top/bottom at your preference.

The other boards that are mentioned are all threads like this where each reply is a post.

« Reply #12 on: Today at 03:01:17 PM »
Argon,

The shout box is really just a chat room. Its real time live conversation with other members and applicants for socializing, not for RP.

As for the settings, I am checking on that to see if you can change your settings to have the newest replies at the top/bottom at your preference.

The other boards that are mentioned are all threads like this where each reply is a post.

Oh! That is helpful! Thank you! :D

I'm guessing it's probably because I'm not used to the site just yet, maybe that's why I'm running in circles (surfing in circles?) while looking around.

Offline Daeva

« Reply #13 on: Today at 03:13:10 PM »
It can be a little overwhelming if you weren't expecting all this, and please don't hesitate to ask any other questions you might have that come up :)

« Reply #14 on: Today at 03:15:46 PM »
It can be a little overwhelming if you weren't expecting all this, and please don't hesitate to ask any other questions you might have that come up :)

I will. I feel like I'm more lost than overwhelmed since I just can't find my way half the time. But it's pretty late on my end of the world too so it might also be that. But thank you so much!!

I've done enough exploring for now though, so I'll settle in a bit.

Online Britwitch

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:19:03 PM »
As I just said in inkwren's thread it's genuinely brilliant to see new applicants asking each other questions but DPhantom now has 5 with yours so please do make sure there aren't other unanswered questions before you add another of your own. ;D
We don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed with questions when they pop back to their thread.

Thanks again!

Brit

Offline Daeva

« Reply #16 on: Today at 03:40:58 PM »
Argon,

If you're going to be looking at the post threads (not the shout box) from your phone, for now you'll need to go to the last page of the thread to see if the newest postings. Newest ones will be at the bottom.

Please do let us know if you have any other questions when your more awake and ready to explore again!

Offline HockeyGod

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:16:55 PM »
Hello AyJay, welcome to E! Good luck on a speedy approval process. I hope you’ll indulge me in a question…I also hope you don't mind that I tend to ask the same question. I'm a bit OCD and I get to look back over the hundreds of answers and do some comparing. So, onto the question...

I'm a huge sports fan - have been all my life - if you could pick one professional sport to play, what would it be and why? To make it easier, you don't have to be good at it and it doesn't even have to be a real sport (eg, dust bunny hunting).

For me it's hockey for a whole smattering of reasons. I've played it all my life. I like the words "puck," "zamboni," and "slap shot." Locker rooms are amazing places, even in a PG13 sense. The uniforms rock. It is associated with where I live. The list is endless.

« Reply #18 on: Today at 06:56:30 PM »
Argon,

If you're going to be looking at the post threads (not the shout box) from your phone, for now you'll need to go to the last page of the thread to see if the newest postings. Newest ones will be at the bottom.

Please do let us know if you have any other questions when your more awake and ready to explore again!
Oh. Okay okay. So manual switch to last page Thank you. 💙💜❤

Hello AyJay, welcome to E! Good luck on a speedy approval process. I hope you’ll indulge me in a question…I also hope you don't mind that I tend to ask the same question. I'm a bit OCD and I get to look back over the hundreds of answers and do some comparing. So, onto the question...

I'm a huge sports fan - have been all my life - if you could pick one professional sport to play, what would it be and why? To make it easier, you don't have to be good at it and it doesn't even have to be a real sport (eg, dust bunny hunting).

For me it's hockey for a whole smattering of reasons. I've played it all my life. I like the words "puck," "zamboni," and "slap shot." Locker rooms are amazing places, even in a PG13 sense. The uniforms rock. It is associated with where I live. The list is endless.

Hiya hiya! Thanks! OwO Do ask away, I really don't mind!

Answer: Swimming. I'm a decent swimmer myself and I absolutely love spending my time in the water. Oddly enough, I'm not fond of beaches, because of the sun, but when it's cool enough for me, I love going for a swim. There's always something delicious about the water gliding across your skin and how exhausted you get. I've been to a swimming locker room before, but that was a one-time thing so I'm not sure if all swimming locker rooms are the same. The chlorine wasn't too strong and don't get me started on the swimsuits lmao.