You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 20, 2018, 07:11:52 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hello Sweetie  (Read 76 times)

Offline CailleachTopic starter

Hello Sweetie
« on: Yesterday at 11:53:47 AM »

1.    Tell us how you found us, please? Google search

2.    Confirmation that you understand our rules. I confirm that I understand them.

3.    A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. A lot over eighteen - my eldest son is over eighteen!

4.    Your native language(s) and what region you are from. English

5.    What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy, and what aspects of our community are you interested in?  I hope you won't hold it against me but boredom caused me to look for something different. I am on crutches for the next few months and realised that it has been a very long time since I wrote anything, poetry or short stories. It's been many years since I roleplayed and that was often done via email. I figure all this free time  on my hands is just the opportunity to kick start my writing again. I wasn't sure how because writing for myself and to myself became desperately boring and uninspiring after a few days, so I searched about some sites. My eldest son actually told me that there were quite a lot of forums these days that were very open to writers of all talents. A lot that I looked at recently seemed to be made up of teenagers, so I resorted to looking for adult literary and writing sites and I got Elliquiy. I am inquisitive by nature so I will probably do a lot of browsing and reading while attempting to write something of my own.

6.    Are you new to roleplaying? If so, would you like someone to help you get more involved? If not, please tell us a little about your past experiences. Regardless of your experience what are your expectations from a roleplay partner? I'm not new to it but I wouldn't say I was an old hand at it either. My eldest attempted to join a few writing forums when he was in his tweens and I kept an eye because I wasn't really sure about what he was getting himself into. I was in a creative writing class and mentioned it to a few of the people there and as some of us were Dr. Who fans we thought it might be fun to try to start up a roleplay based on that. We soon found out that watching it and roleplaying it are two different things. My daughter adores drawing and likes to make up characters so that's something I do regularly with her. I love making up characters and find myself filing them away in case I ever want to write that incredibly famous bestseller. I guess my expectations are minimal, I would hope that someone who wants to write with me will be kind and not laugh at any abysmal attempts. I am my own worse critic so my writing isn't probably as bad as all that. I would like someone who can write more than a few sentences and can create a story with their posts that I will be able to be inspired by or motivated to write to.

7.    Elliquiy consists of a wide array of sexualities, personalities and enthusiasts of various kinks. How comfortable are you interacting in such a community?
My eldest son is flamboyant, gender fluid and I adore him to pieces. My middle son is introverted, hetro and again I adore him to pieces. My daughter is 9, remarkable and she states very matter of factly that she is genderless. I am hetro myself but have kissed my share of girls growing up, have my own array of kinks though feel extremely closeted by exhaustion of late. In other words, I am a very open, tolerant person and very comfortable with just about anyone.

8.    How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? Please elaborate: do you do this yourself? Would you write with someone who is doing this? If you are transgender or intersex, feel free to adapt this question appropriately.
I don't mind this at all because I do it myself, I think the art of a good writer is to be able to write from any perspective.

9.    Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. Fetishes you do not like, styles you cannot appreciate and attitudes that annoy you are all valid answers here.
Am rattling my brain to try to think of a pet peeve. I may have to come back to this answer I am a very tolerant person and of course writing this I just think of one, a pet peeve definitely is a loud eater but as I won't be listening to people eating here then all is well.

Optional Questions:
As our application process is a chance for us to get to know you better, we've left a few optional questions to get you started.  A member of our Welcoming team will be along soon to continue the process. If you do choose to answer these at a later date, you will need to reply to your introduction thread with a new post, as unapproved applicants cannot edit posts.

A.    Would you like to disclose your gender identity? We do not require our members to reveal their real gender. However, doing so determines your User Group, Badge, and some OOC Boards on Elliquiy. General membership will be processed as Legate - approved members who do not wish to disclose their gender identity, or feel gender is irrelevant. Approved members who have chosen to reveal their gender as a response to this question will be assigned: Lady (for those who identify as female), Liege (A supportive group for individuals who are intersex, do not identify with one singular gender, or who are transitioning), or Lord (for those who identify as male). A full explanation of Elliquiy’s User Group and Badge system can be found here.

I am female

B.    What are some hobbies or activities you particularly enjoy? This can be anything you enjoy in your free time. For example: videogames, sports, cooking, crafts, traveling, reading, etcetera. As a large and diverse community, we often have social areas where our members can talk about their favorite things, so letting us know what you like can better help our Mentors to find boards, threads, or discussions that might interest you!

We have four dogs, so walking them is an activity for sure. I do a lot of crafting with my daughter, we're currently watching youtube videos of customizing dolls but haven't felt brave enough to tackle it yet. I am learning how to grow vegetables and flowers with my hubbie and mother-in-law. I love reading and have made sure all my kids do too.

C.    What would you do if a writing partner suddenly, and without prior discussion, included one of your major offs in your roleplay?
I don't think I would get myself into a roleplay whereby I didn't trust the other writer to be respectful of my choices but I guess it does happen otherwise you wouldn't ask. I suppose I would have to write to them and ask them to edit and explain why.

D.    Please describe your writing style and preferences. Information such as preferred genre, writing perspective (first, second, or third person perspective), setting, and post length are great answers.

I haven't written a roleplay in sometime and did attempt to roleplay with myself being different characters (don't ask!) I don't know about a preferred genre, I would have to explore that. I had genuinely thought that because I loved Dr. Who so much that I would be able to write in that world but it really wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I've attempted to write in a Star Wars universe by myself and that did not pan out too well either but perhaps there is being a fan and then there is knowing the universe in depth. I write always in the third person and like to write long answers but not super long. I mean if I can say what I need to in a paragraph that is full of quality then that is enough instead of writing lots of paragraphs and not really saying anything.

E.    Please describe your ideal roleplaying partner and their character.
My ideal roleplaying partner would have to be Benedict Cumberbatch sitting beside me while we both drink copious amounts of wine, biting our lower lips as we reply back and forth to one another. Whatever character he comes up with would have to compliment mine somehow, they don't have to be good looking or intelligent, they don't have to be the best at everything. I certainly don't want to write with a Mary Jane character but I do want to have fun writing with my partner and hope that they are having fun too.

F.    As part of the application process, our members like asking fun questions of applicants. We want to get to know you and entertain you during your approval process!

F1. Please let us know if you would you prefer: fun/silly questions, writing prompts, both, or neither. If you opt out, our Staff and Mentors will ask you more serious questions about writing and roleplaying instead.

Silly questions are fine, would be nervous about a writing prompt from the get go.

F2. If you would like fun questions or a writing prompt, please start by treating the following as either a question, writing prompt, or character building exercise, and remember to keep it PG13: People start waking up with superpowers, but they are mostly useless. For example, the power to be immune to every third bullet, or the power to force people to do the chicken dance whenever the song is played. What would your ‘mostly useless’ power be, and how would you use it?

My most useless power would be the ability to turn into a tree anywhere but where trees should grow. My middle son always goes around the house pretending he's a tree by just standing there with his hands clasped over his head, hoping that we won't notice him. Makes me laugh all the time. So yeah, be a tree so I won't be noticed but because I can only be a tree in places where they normally wouldn't be, I'll be more noticed that before.

F3. If you prefer no crazy questions or prompts, you can still include a sample of your writing, if you would like; we would love to see your writing style and creativity! As with all areas of Elliquiy you can see right now, please keep your writing sample PG13.

I'll work my way up to this, a few more practice attempts at home to make sure I'm happy with what I write.

G.    Do you have any questions of us? If you have any questions or desires of us in a more direct fashion, please feel free to let us know.

Not at this moment but as soon as I have one, I will ask.

Offline Flower

• Rumple || Critter || Hyacinth Forever Dancing
  • Mentor
  • Carnite
  • Let the Music Play || You Can Dance If You Want To
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Hello Sweetie
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:09:44 PM »
Hello Cailleach! Welcome to Elliquiy. I'm glad you found us!

Thanks for taking the time to complete the questionnaire! ^.^

My name is Flower and I'm one of the mentors here. If at any time throughout the approval process you have a question or concern, please do not hesitate to direct them to any mentor and/or staff member. We'd be happy to help out!

Just so you know, our approval process takes a minimum of 24 hours and can last up to a week or more. Approval is never guaranteed. We hope you understand this process is in place to keep Elliquiy a happy and healthy community.

This sticky goes into more detail about what you can expect throughout the approval process. We encourage you to explore the public portion of the forums. There are a lot of fun activities to partake in while you participate in your approval process. Here are a few links below to get you started.

• The Doormat is a great place to meet and socialize with mentors, staff, approved members of Elliquiy, and even other applicants such as yourself.
  • If you are in the mood for roleplay, I encourage you to look at our Non-Adult Roleplay Requests forum. We have a small group game going that you might find of interest. You can look at other people's requests and even post one of your own. If anything catches your attention, please use this forum for your writing pursuits.
  • In addition to roleplaying, we have exciting daily writing activities in our Word of the Day thread.
  • There's also the Forum Games/Socializing board, which is a excellent way to pass the time and meet new people!

You also have access to the Shoutbox, Elliquiy's messaging client. Before doing so, please read the Shoutbox Rules. Do not post any personal or contact information. Most importantly, remember to frequently come back to your introduction thread to answer any questions left for you by Elliquiy's mentors or members.

Please remember that all the boards you can access are public and therefore can be accessed by anyone, so all posts must be kept PG-13. This includes anything you post in your introduction thread.

To get you started, I have a question for you: If your personality was a mythological beast, which would it be and why?

I look forward to seeing your response - and again, welcome to Elliquiy!  We're happy to have you.

Flower
Friendly & Neighborly

Online Sain

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:14:55 PM »
Hello there and welcome to Elliquiy ;D Boredom is as good a reason as any to get into writing roleplays again!

Let's try one of those silly questions then. Hopefully you'll enjoy this one.

If you were a villain what sort of sidekick would you have?

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:37:13 PM »
@Flower: Hello and thank you for the welcome.
If I were a mythological beast it would probably be the Sphinx. My eldest always told me it was like answering the sphinx whenever he got home late from clubbing. If I wasn't happy with his answers he'd be grounded without mercy but I've also got a benevolent side to me. Any one upset or hurt my kids or hubby and they get one side of me, those I love and trust get the nicer side.

@Sain: Thank you for your welcome, hello to you too.
So glad boredom is viewed as a good reason! Great question.
If I had a sidekick to my villain, it would have to be someone that made me laugh, looked a bit like an Igor and was definitely more intelligent than me but adored me too much to want to be anything but my sidekick.

Offline Naiah

• The Tease. I can go from fancy to filthy in the smack of an ass
  • Mentor
  • Addict
  • I am not as naughty as you think.. I am way worse.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 12:42:07 PM »
Heey and welcome to E! :D

If I may ask, what made you choose that username?

Online Sain

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:42:55 PM »
@Sain: Thank you for your welcome, hello to you too.
So glad boredom is viewed as a good reason! Great question.
If I had a sidekick to my villain, it would have to be someone that made me laugh, looked a bit like an Igor and was definitely more intelligent than me but adored me too much to want to be anything but my sidekick.

Heh, that could make for a quite adorable villain & sidekick dynamic ;D Thank you for the answer. Here's another one!

What film would you remake starring only 1 human actor and the rest as The Muppets?

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:17:30 PM »
@Naiah:  Hi Naiah, thank you for your welcome.
I'm Irish and old, well mid forties so thought the name of the Crone of Irish folklore suited me well enough.
Actually it sort of goes back to myself and my sisters, we've always seen ourselves as the crone, the mother and the maiden no matter our ages. I'm an old soul.

@Sain: hello again. It would make for quite an adorable dynamic just not sure how evil we'd be. A bit like the minions and Gru!
OH that is a fun question, I love the Muppets.
It would have to be The Twilight movie - don't hate me please but I got into those books thanks to my eldest and we had to go watch the movies.
Miss Piggy would of course be Bella, Kermit would be Edward and Animal would be Jacob. It might make the movie more tolerable.

Online Justric

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 01:23:12 PM »
Greetings, Cailleach, and welcome to E! Wishing you the best of luck on your application process, and I hope you enjoy yourself in the meantime!

Reading! Which is, funnily enough, the other half of writing! So many books, so little time! In my house, it's not uncommon to hear, "If you're not careful, you'll finish that."  What's your preferred genre of literature? And do you have a favorite author or series?

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 01:38:16 PM »
@Justric: Thank you for the greetings and the wishes.
I'm torn between saying historic fiction and fantasy; I love quite a few series and I hate trying to decide on any.
I love The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Millennium trilogy, the Danilov Quintet, the Barchester Chronicles, the Harry Potter series books 1-7 only, nothing that came after; The Game of Thrones series and I love anything written by Roald Dahl.

My favourite author is Jane Austen.

Offline HockeyGod

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 01:54:24 PM »
Hello Cailleach, welcome to E! Good luck on a speedy approval process. I hope you’ll indulge me in a question…I also hope you don't mind that I tend to ask the same question. I'm a bit OCD and I get to look back over the hundreds of answers and do some comparing. So, onto the question...

I'm a huge sports fan - have been all my life - if you could pick one professional sport to play, what would it be and why? To make it easier, you don't have to be good at it and it doesn't even have to be a real sport (eg, dust bunny hunting).

For me it's hockey for a whole smattering of reasons. I've played it all my life. I like the words "puck," "zamboni," and "slap shot." Locker rooms are amazing places, even in a PG13 sense. The uniforms rock. It is associated with where I live. The list is endless.

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 02:26:12 PM »
@HockeyGod: Hi and thank you.
I will of course indulge you, you gifted me with brownies. How can I not? :D
I take it you are talking about ice hockey? We have hockey too that my daughter plays but no zamboni in sight.
It sounds fantastic though, I've only watched it on screen and it looks fast and dangerous but exciting. Impressed that you play it.

I will pick a professional sport that is real and that is fictional if that's ok.
I would love to be able to play chess professionally, I know it's not a big physical thing but I'm not good on the physical sports. I would scream and run the opposite way if anything came hurdling at me but chess I like a lot. I can sit down, I can file my nails while the other player (often my hubby) is thinking up his next strategy, I can drink lots of wine and flex my fingers like I know what I'm doing and at times, I get to use my brain but doing it professionally would be wicked. I've always wanted to sit in one of those parks in the States with some old guy and play for hours and hours on one game.

Ficitonal game, it would have to be quidditch from the harry potter book series.
I would play on the Irish team and be the chaser, that's the one that flies really fast with the quaffle to score points. I love driving fast though I hate flying but on a broom would be different I hope to being in an airplane.

Online Theta Sigma

• Liege - Renegade of Time - The Oncoming Storm - ΘΣ - Purveyor of Anthro-Smut
  • Oracle
  • Incarnal
  • The dreamer of improbable dreams
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 02:46:08 PM »
Hello Cailleach! :>

Just dropping in to say hi as a fellow Doctor Who fan. >_>

It is a tricky universe to write in, there is a lot to keep in mind. Certainly not the easiest to get to grips with. :>

I'll drop off some luck with your application too.

~
Thete

Offline Naiah

• The Tease. I can go from fancy to filthy in the smack of an ass
  • Mentor
  • Addict
  • I am not as naughty as you think.. I am way worse.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 03:19:35 PM »
@Naiah:  Hi Naiah, thank you for your welcome.
I'm Irish and old, well mid forties so thought the name of the Crone of Irish folklore suited me well enough.
Actually it sort of goes back to myself and my sisters, we've always seen ourselves as the crone, the mother and the maiden no matter our ages. I'm an old soul.

Mid forties is not old! Love the name though :D

You mention loving LotR, who is your favourite character?

Offline Flower

• Rumple || Critter || Hyacinth Forever Dancing
  • Mentor
  • Carnite
  • Let the Music Play || You Can Dance If You Want To
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #13 on: Today at 05:45:29 AM »
@Flower: Hello and thank you for the welcome.
If I were a mythological beast it would probably be the Sphinx. My eldest always told me it was like answering the sphinx whenever he got home late from clubbing. If I wasn't happy with his answers he'd be grounded without mercy but I've also got a benevolent side to me. Any one upset or hurt my kids or hubby and they get one side of me, those I love and trust get the nicer side.

No problem. We're glad to have you here.

Hahaha, I love your explanation for your choice. I know exactly how that feels, answering questions and praying that the death sword doesn't find my throat. Cats and moms are amazing but tricky creatures. xD

Here's another question for you to consider.

If you could live next to any sitcom family for a week, which would it be and why?