You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 22, 2018, 11:39:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Good day to all.  (Read 26 times)

Offline LindaCTopic starter

Good day to all.
« on: Today at 03:15:13 AM »
Required Questions:
These questions must be answered to start your application

1.    Tell us how you found us, please? A link from another site, another member, a search engine phrase, etcetera.
I found you through SINless. I'm temporarily living in his house.

2.    Confirmation that you understand our rules. You are responsible for bringing up any questions if you do not understand our rules, so please note any on which you need clarification here.
I understand the rules

3.    A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. You don't need to give your birth date, however we do need a clear statement that you are of age.
I'm over eighteen

4.    Your native language(s) and what region you are from. List your primary language first and include all others in order of fluency. Elliquiy is an English speaking community but it is also a global one.  We welcome members from all over the world, and we love to know where our members hail from.
Dutch, English and German, I'm from the Netherlands

5.    What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy, and what aspects of our community are you interested in? What do you look for in an on-line community in general, and a role-playing community specifically? Please be descriptive. Elliquiy isn’t just an adult roleplaying site: we have forums for storytelling, poetry, and art; places to socialize with other members; areas to discuss politics and religion; and so much more! You can check out our Preview of Elliquiy to get an idea of what you’ll see as an approved member.

Both the writing, and the apparent social aspects of a site which is apparently very close knit and helpful

6.    Are you new to roleplaying? If so, would you like someone to help you get more involved? If not, please tell us a little about your past experiences. Regardless of your experience what are your expectations from a roleplay partner? I'm not new to role playing, normal or adult. My main expectation from a Roleplaying partner is that they are enthusiastic, and contribute.

7.    Elliquiy consists of a wide array of sexualities, personalities and enthusiasts of various kinks. How comfortable are you interacting in such a community?
To each their own, if there's something I don't like, I'll just leave that bit alone.

8.    How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? Please elaborate: do you do this yourself? Would you write with someone who is doing this? If you are transgender or intersex, feel free to adapt this question appropriately.
It happens, and as long as it is believable, I'm happy with it. If it isn't then people should still be free to do it, but it won't be my thing.

9.    Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. Fetishes you do not like, styles you cannot appreciate and attitudes that annoy you are all valid answers here.
I think as far as RP goes, I don't like posts that are too short, when more is needed, but also, conversely, posts that repeat or ramble just to hit a word count.

Optional Questions:
As our application process is a chance for us to get to know you better, we've left a few optional questions to get you started.  A member of our Welcoming team will be along soon to continue the process. If you do choose to answer these at a later date, you will need to reply to your introduction thread with a new post, as unapproved applicants cannot edit posts.

A.    Would you like to disclose your gender identity? We do not require our members to reveal their real gender. However, doing so determines your User Group, Badge, and some OOC Boards on Elliquiy. General membership will be processed as Legate - approved members who do not wish to disclose their gender identity, or feel gender is irrelevant. Approved members who have chosen to reveal their gender as a response to this question will be assigned: Lady (for those who identify as female), Liege (A supportive group for individuals who are intersex, do not identify with one singular gender, or who are transitioning), or Lord (for those who identify as male). A full explanation of Elliquiy’s User Group and Badge system can be found here.
No problem, I'm a cis female

B.    What are some hobbies or activities you particularly enjoy? This can be anything you enjoy in your free time. For example: videogames, sports, cooking, crafts, traveling, reading, etcetera. As a large and diverse community, we often have social areas where our members can talk about their favorite things, so letting us know what you like can better help our Mentors to find boards, threads, or discussions that might interest you!
I enjoy computer games, mostly mmorpgs and open world adventures, and I'm a big reenactment fan.

C.    What would you do if a writing partner suddenly, and without prior discussion, included one of your major offs in your roleplay?
I would likely ask them to remove it, and if they don't I would stop the collaboration.

D.    Please describe your writing style and preferences. Information such as preferred genre, writing perspective (first, second, or third person perspective), setting, and post length are great answers.
I write both first and third person, though I prefer the latter

E.    Please describe your ideal roleplaying partner and their character.
I don't really have a 'perfect' partner or character. I like lots of different things, depending on my mood

F.    As part of the application process, our members like asking fun questions of applicants. We want to get to know you and entertain you during your approval process!

F1. Please let us know if you would you prefer: fun/silly questions, writing prompts, both, or neither. If you opt out, our Staff and Mentors will ask you more serious questions about writing and roleplaying instead.

Either and all are fine

F2. If you would like fun questions or a writing prompt, please start by treating the following as either a question, writing prompt, or character building exercise, and remember to keep it PG13: People start waking up with superpowers, but they are mostly useless. For example, the power to be immune to every third bullet, or the power to force people to do the chicken dance whenever the song is played. What would your ‘mostly useless’ power be, and how would you use it?

That second one is not useless, as long as you have the right tools :P It could turn into a very silly looking dance macabre|

My useless power would most likely be to speak to a certain animal, like butterflies, but not have the ability to understand them.

F3. If you prefer no crazy questions or prompts, you can still include a sample of your writing, if you would like; we would love to see your writing style and creativity! As with all areas of Elliquiy you can see right now, please keep your writing sample PG13.

G.    Do you have any questions of us? If you have any questions or desires of us in a more direct fashion, please feel free to let us know.

Not at this time.

Online skyre

• I can be whatever you want me to be. Just try me.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Words are powerful, so be gentle with them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Good day to all.
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:21:05 AM »
Welcome LindaC

Wow. You can speak three languages. I'm stuck with one and some fragments of a few others. I am impressed. Here's a question for you. If you could learn another new language, real or fictional what would it be?

Good luck with your application and feel free to set me a question in reply if you would like to.

Offline Deante

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:30:19 AM »
Heya, welcome to E!

What sort of reenactment do you do? In the US that typically translates to "Civil War", so I'm curious what folks reenact in the Netherlands.

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:50:59 AM »
Hi Deante, and thank you.

In the Netherlands, it kinda falls in 2 major groups. WW2, which i tend to avoid due to it being a magnet for certain ideologies, and medieval, early modern reenactment spanning the 14th to 17th century, which is usually held at festivals celebrating the founding of old cities.

For bigger events, we usually move to the UK to do War of the roses, or Scottish-English battles.

« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:54:02 AM »
Hi Skyre, and thank you

Wow. You can speak three languages. I'm stuck with one and some fragments of a few others. I am impressed. Here's a question for you. If you could learn another new language, real or fictional what would it be?

One language I'd love to learn is Tolkiens Elvish, but like he imagined it. I've learned most of the writing so far, but pronouncing it as he intended would be the crowning achievement. Sadly there is some uncertainty and contention about the pronunciation.

Offline Deante

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:18:48 AM »
Hmm. Is this a "Renfaire", which is sort a mishmash of everything without being all too accurate? We have those too, but it's more about being sillyfun in a cloak and chomping a turkey leg than any sort of historical accuracy.

Online Sain

« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:25:07 AM »
Hello there LindaC and welcome to Elliquiy ;D

I'm Sain, one of the mentors, you can identify us by the flashy pink tags. We're here hoping to make your visit a pleasant one and help with any questions you might have.

I see you've already filled the questionnaire. That's great! I've got some info to get out of the way that you should know.

The application process itself can take up to a minimum of 24-48 hours to be processed, but possibly up to a week or longer. We would like to also softly remind that approval itself isn't guaranteed, but a very necessary part of keeping Elliquiy as a healthy community. More information on the process of approval can be found here.

You can always roam every section of the forum visible while the approval is underway! Here are some links that might be interesting to snoop through.

• The Doormat - This here is for laid back chatting and socializing with members and other applicants.
  • Forum Games - A really good place to get to know all sorts of members of the site through some little games.
  • The ShoutBox - Our realtime chat :-) We have some rules for how to conduct oneself over there that you should probably read before diving in.
  • Word of the Day - Is a nice little writing challenge.
  • Non-Adult Roleplays - Is where you can get started in finding others to roleplay with and get writing.

Please remember that this section of the forum is public so we would like to ask you to keep all of your posts in these areas (and chatbox) PG-13.

There we go! I wish good luck, and hope you will enjoy the application process ;D!

To get you rolling I'll leave you with a question as well.

If you really really wanted to, and had a lot of resources, how would you go about bringing back the clothing style of your favourite period into modern culture?

« Reply #7 on: Today at 07:55:51 AM »
Hmm. Is this a "Renfaire", which is sort a mishmash of everything without being all too accurate? We have those too, but it's more about being sillyfun in a cloak and chomping a turkey leg than any sort of historical accuracy.

Some are. Others are incredibly accurate, it depends really

To get you rolling I'll leave you with a question as well.

If you really really wanted to, and had a lot of resources, how would you go about bringing back the clothing style of your favourite period into modern culture?

I think the main way to get an old fashion item would be to get exposure, so I would likely try to get big stars like Beyonce or Adelle to wear my clothing through a sponsorship. If i could bring one item back it would be the lace bodice, as it accentuates the female body, and would work on nearly any body type3

Offline Arianna

« Reply #8 on: Today at 09:07:57 AM »
Hello LindaC, and welcome to Elliquiy!

I’m Arianna, another mentor in our beautiful community. I hope you are having fun so far, and if you don't mind, here's another question:

If you had the means of going on the adventure of your lifetime, what would it be and who would you take with you?

Good luck with your approval!

~Ari

Online skyre

• I can be whatever you want me to be. Just try me.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Words are powerful, so be gentle with them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: Today at 09:41:40 AM »
Hi Skyre, and thank you

One language I'd love to learn is Tolkiens Elvish, but like he imagined it. I've learned most of the writing so far, but pronouncing it as he intended would be the crowning achievement. Sadly there is some uncertainty and contention about the pronunciation.

Good choice. I would love to learn Italian. It is so expressive and just sounds sexy to me.