Playing with Polls - How much flexibility?

Started by Top Cat, March 20, 2017, 05:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

I didn't want to go making some unnecessary testing threads, when there's information already out there, and the right questions just need to be asked...  8-)

The idea I have is running a multi-player game with the concept of an audience-driven choose-your-own-adventure. Sort of like twitch gaming - get a vote, follow the path most chosen. But at the same time, I don't want to clutter up any forum with a new Poll thread every time a new choice needs to be made.

With that in mind - is it possible to rewrite an already-existing Poll, and reset the votes anew? Maybe use that as an OOC thread for the story, with the OP/Vote changing constantly?
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Blythe

Quote from: Top Cat on March 20, 2017, 05:01:17 PM
With that in mind - is it possible to rewrite an already-existing Poll, and reset the votes anew? Maybe use that as an OOC thread for the story, with the OP/Vote changing constantly?

I believe so, yes. When in doubt, you can test it by adding a poll to this thread and fiddling around with it to test out the limits of how a poll could work. I believe you should be able to change/add vote options, reset votes to 0, and even remove the poll if you wish to add a new one later, though I'm not 100% on that.

Oniya

I'm pretty sure that during the nominations, Blythe's poll was edited a number of times.  At a bare minimum, if you remove and replace each voting option with something new, it should remove the votes that no longer have a matching option.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17