You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

August 14, 2018, 05:37:55 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Playing with Polls - How much flexibility?  (Read 492 times)

Offline Top CatTopic starter

Playing with Polls - How much flexibility?
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:01:17 PM »
I didn't want to go making some unnecessary testing threads, when there's information already out there, and the right questions just need to be asked...  8-)

The idea I have is running a multi-player game with the concept of an audience-driven choose-your-own-adventure. Sort of like twitch gaming - get a vote, follow the path most chosen. But at the same time, I don't want to clutter up any forum with a new Poll thread every time a new choice needs to be made.

With that in mind - is it possible to rewrite an already-existing Poll, and reset the votes anew? Maybe use that as an OOC thread for the story, with the OP/Vote changing constantly?

Offline Blythe

Re: Playing with Polls - How much flexibility?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:02:07 AM »
With that in mind - is it possible to rewrite an already-existing Poll, and reset the votes anew? Maybe use that as an OOC thread for the story, with the OP/Vote changing constantly?

I believe so, yes. When in doubt, you can test it by adding a poll to this thread and fiddling around with it to test out the limits of how a poll could work. I believe you should be able to change/add vote options, reset votes to 0, and even remove the poll if you wish to add a new one later, though I'm not 100% on that.

Offline Oniya

Re: Playing with Polls - How much flexibility?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 01:10:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure that during the nominations, Blythe's poll was edited a number of times.  At a bare minimum, if you remove and replace each voting option with something new, it should remove the votes that no longer have a matching option.