You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 27, 2021, 07:02:10 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Kushiel 2017  (Read 631 times)

Offline BlackStoneTopic starter

Kushiel 2017
« on: February 26, 2017, 04:10:50 am »
An idea I tossed about before with a few friends in the past was to take Jacqueline Caery's Kushiel and Naamah setting and take it into modern times, and put like a spin on it on the very short lived TV series Kings (very underrated show).  Semi-sand box in a way where minor and intermediate plot will be player driven, with a major over arching plot tying multiple smaller plot elements together.  I see the nobility being very similar to the nobility in England currently.  For the Night Court, they would be a shadow of themselves, but one of the plot elements could be to restore the Night Court to its former glory.   I wanted to see what type of political play were noble families could actually be on the brink of destitution and the layperson the one who is rich.  I think some of the role play dynamics would be very interesting.   So floating this out there to see if there is any traction.  Also would not mind having a co-GM or two along for the ride on this idea if there is interest.

Offline evilnerf

Re: Kushiel 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:53:41 am »
I'd be interested in a Kushiel game, but it kinda loses it's charm if it takes place in the modern day IMO.

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Kushiel 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 09:12:52 am »
Yeah, I think a medieval / fantasy setting works better for Kushiel than a modern one. I've actually been playing around with a modified Kushiel setting idea myself, incorporating elements of 7th Sea and Symbaroum.