You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 21, 2020, 01:54:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Tainted Blades Campaign (Pathfinder Edition) (NC-Exotic Systems)  (Read 5390 times)

Offline TFcommando

Re: Tainted Blades Campaign (Pathfinder Edition) (NC-Exotic Systems)
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »
And now I am going to address your concerns. ^_^

I have a fondness for exhibitionism as well so it doesn't disrupt my tastes. Setting wise it is a temperate zone, but I would suggest at least brining something warmer or have such a contingency. I can even work it into the lore if you are wanting help to make it work. I love me some justified tropes.

Oh, I've got some pretty good lore-related reasons.  :)  For starters, a sorceress with the fire elemental bloodline is going to be a bit wilder and more uninhibited... it must run in the family, as an ancestor (at LEAST one) must have fucked a (or more than one) fire elemental!  Now, picture a woman like that born into the stifling, hidebound and sexist Taldan nobility, with their fancy clothes and heavy wigs for women. 

She strikes out on her own to adventure from time to time since the "boys club" of Taldan adventuring circles won't have her along, taking an assumed name and leaving her wig behind, flaunting herself the way she wants to.  This is not only personally satisfying to her, but also a great disguise, as who would expect a Taldan noble to run around in nothing a bondage harness and thigh-high boots... and keeps people from looking at her face too closely too. 

In taking into consideration what Muse said (and attempting to wrestle with the Magus rules again... ugh), here's the sorceress.

Stats

Female Human Sorceress 2
Fire Elemental Bloodline Primal Archetype
CG Medium Humanoid
Init +3 Perception +0

AC 13 Touch 13, Flatfooted 10 (+4 for Mage Armor
HP 16
Saves Fort +1 Ref. +3 Will +3

Speed 30 feet
BAB 1
Melee 0
Ranged +4

Sorcerer Spells Known

0th Read Magic, Spark, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Flare
1st  Mage Armor, Burning Hands,

Spells per day:  1st - 5

Stats

Str 8 -1
Dex 16 +3
Con 12 +1
Int 14 +2
Wis 10 0
Cha 18 +4

Feats:
Eschew Materials
Spell Focus Evocation
Spell Specialization - Burning Hands

Adventuring Skills
Knowledge (Planes) 1/+9
Knowledge (Arcana) 2/+7
Diplomacy 2/+10
Intimidate 1/+9
Spellcraft 2/+7
Use Magic Device 2/+9

Background Skills
Knowledge (Nobility) 2/+7
Knowledge (History) 2/+7

Languages
Common
Ignan
Draconic
Elven

Traits
Social - Princess Diplomacy Class Skill, +1 Diplomacy & Intimidate bonus
Magic - Arcane Temper?  +1 Init, Concentration

Primal Fire Elemental Bloodline -

Bloodline Arcana:
Whenever you cast a spell with an energy descriptor that matches your elemental bloodline’s energy type, that spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled.

Elemental Ray (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an elemental ray as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of damage of your energy type + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Favored Class Sorcerer +1 HP level 1, 2,

Background

Lady Pasara Sedcon, daughter of Duke Nottinian Sedcon of Oppara.   

Pasara is the fourth child and third daughter of a duke in Oparra, capital of Taldor, greatest city on the greatest empire on the planet, to hear them tell it.   Her mother vanished some 10 years prior in a hushed-up scandal. Though many of her peers weren't shy about cutting her with mentions of it.   With the catty nature of the girls and the sexism of the boys, she wasn't the center of any social circles. She played the society game, but her heart wasn't in it and had only a few close friends, leaning more towards the wizardly studies with her father as her teacher.  She had a gift for it, reading a spell once to master it forever, with an affinity towards fire.

She was curious about things outside of Taldor, not instinctively seeing it as the be-all and end-all of the world the way so many other nobles did... This burning curiosity was because she had some fire elemental in her blood.  She discovered (some) of the truth when she found her late grandmother’s journal hidden up in an old wig, full of details of her summoning and dalliance with a seductive fire elemental behind her husband’s back!  That secret might have been what drove her mother away.

A number of young noblemen had been setting out to adventure under the auspices of the Sovereign Court and would not have her along.  So she set out on her own, leaving behind her ornate wigs and fine clothes, displaying herself as a brazen, wicked sorceress under the alias Sara Hotstar.  She's even thought of joining the Pathfinder Society.  It was very liberating, defying all the conventions of society.   Possibly even addictive.   She’s enough of a Taldan that she hasn’t rejected where she came from completely yet.

For now though, she leads two lives, sometimes the dutiful daughter, sometimes going on adventures around the Inner Sea under the cover of taking “pilgrimages” and “grand tours” for months on end the way so many young nobles do before returning to one family estate or another.

Sara enjoys the freedom she’s made for herself, joining (or organizing) adventuring expeditions to uncover historical artifacts and lore… anything Azlanti is a particular interest, as she has a touch of their blood in her.  Worthy causes will also catch her attention, confronting wickedness that she can freely unleash her growing power upon. 

Sara Hotstar dresses like and adopts the mannerisms of the sort of seductive, wicked sorceress seen in traveling plays and lurid chapbooks… when she dresses at all!   If anyone gets fresh when she doesn’t want the attention, she uses her magic to make it clear they shouldn’t.

She pays reverence to both Calistria’s lusty aspects and Cayden Caliean’s freedom-seeking ones. 

NSFW pics

Thick is a possibility! And a sign of nobility!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:04:02 AM by TFcommando »

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
  Psst, TF, thsi is an original setting, not Golarion. 

Offline TFcommando

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »
  Psst, TF, thsi is an original setting, not Golarion.

Oops, thought it was just an original section of Golarion for some reason!  Well, she could be from any decadent kingdom overstuffed with nobility!  :)

Online Laughing HyenaTopic starter

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »
The city-state of Everett is a river faring city, and is capable of sustaining itself and surviving the famine and raiding gripping the kingdom. Their nobles overindulge and waste even in such times and live in their own world. Plenty of reason for a good hearted noble to want to distance themselves from that. They are for most, overindulgent, lecherous, and greedy. Merchants peddle their edible wares at higher prices in light of the starvation. In short the high society is acting like vultures during these times. So in short, the city state has plenty of decadence, vice and questionable morality.

For you I can easily create a noble house that are essentially merchants nobles. Maybe something of a classical name like House Blackthorn. Basically the patriarchs and male nobles of the house enjoy the fine benefits of more decadent trading, make sure to hand out favors to others they  are certain to collect on. Perhaps even to your dismay, they deal in flesh trading? After finding out you were going into an arranged marriage despite your magical prowess you said "fuck it" and ran off. Now you have the freedom to choose how you wish to live. Old habits however die hard and you may be eager to indulge in pleasures of the flesh or the excitement of public attention.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »
I'm working on an Elf Human Occultist with the Battle Host Archetype wearing armor and wielding the sword of her ancestors as her mighty focus of her powers she is happy to cleave, cast psychic powers and call on latter the spirits of her ancestors in physical form etc.

It will take some time though to finish her but you needed someone who can fight with weapons other than the monk.

Now about the Order of Bahamut any information she could be a member of that or a green knight calling on the ancestor spirits of old more tied to a small line of protectors.

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »
The Order of Bahamut are a sect of knights that drive to defend the defenseless and undo the wicked evils of the world. Donning immaculate scale mail, plate and wielding sacred weapons, they are often trusted as noteworthy champions. However they are still in their budding years and have only been recently recognized as a church by the Widowed Duchess.

Those whom dedicate themselves by Bahamut are elevated to squiredom and it is one the few ways a maiden or commoner can become a knight. Those whom enter essentially forfeit their former lives, relinquishing both property, family and name. The trials however are rigorous and demanding and not everyone can withstand the trials. Those who fall are given full rites if they fall in battle or become part of the priesthood. It requires dedication to weapons, arms, and religious tenants and a sacrifice of both virtue and past. Virtue in the form of physical virginity by means of a ritual designed to baptize the body from outside and within. In short it is so they commit everything to the fight and shed their needs (hopefully) of physical lust and the fear of repercussions due to the dangers of being a knight. Once this ritual and tasks are done the maiden is a full knight.

Elves, Humans, even a one or two Tieflings have become knights of Bahamut.

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »
I would like to submit a character.  WIP.  Edit:  Aaaand fini.

Name:Fallon Spratt
Race:Half-Elf
Class:Ranger
Level:2
Alignment:Chaotic Good
Background:Skirmisher

Strength:16+3
Dexterity:12+1
Constitution:18+4
Intelligence:10+0
Wisdom:14+2
Charisma:08-1

-Traits-

Frontier-Forged: A hard life on the edge of civilization has made you resourceful but has also given you a streak of self-preservation bordering on paranoia. You receive a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks and a +1 bonus on Survival checks made to get along in the wild.

Axe to Grind: There is a fire in your heart that can't be quenched. You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage against foes who are threatened by only you.

-Skills-

Climb (Str) 1 (+7)
Handle Animal (Cha) 2 (+4)
Heal (Wis) 1 (+6)
Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int) 1 (+4)
Knowledge (nature)(Int) 1 (+4)
Perception (Wis) 2 (+10)
Stealth (Dex) 2 (+6)
Survival (Wis) 2 (+12)

-Feats-

Skill Focus (Survival):  You get a +3 bonus on all checks involving the chosen skill. If you have 10 or more ranks in that skill, this bonus increases to +6.

Track (Ex): A ranger adds half his level (minimum 1) to Survival skill checks made to follow tracks.

Power Attack: Benefit: You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon. When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and every 4 points thereafter, the penalty increases by –1 and the bonus to damage increases by +2. You must choose to use this feat before making an attack roll, and its effects last until your next turn. The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.

Cleave: As a standard action, you can make a single attack at your full base attack bonus against a foe within reach. If you hit, you deal damage normally and can make an additional attack (using your full base attack bonus) against a foe that is adjacent to the first and also within reach. You can only make one additional attack per round with this feat. When you use this feat, you take a –2 penalty to your Armor Class until your next turn.

-Special Abilities-

Low-Light Vision:  Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.

Keen Vision: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.

Favored Enemy (Ex) (Montrous Humanoid) At 1st level, a ranger selects a creature type from the ranger favored enemies table. He gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks against creatures of his selected type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against them. A ranger may make Knowledge skill checks untrained when attempting to identify these creatures.

Wild Empathy (Ex): A ranger can improve the initial attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person (see Using Skills). The ranger rolls 1d20 and adds his ranger level and his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.

Combat Style Feat (Ex) (Two-Handed Weapon): At 2nd level, a ranger must select one of two combat styles to pursue: archery or two-weapon combat. The ranger's expertise manifests in the form of bonus feats at 2nd, 6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th level. He can choose feats from his selected combat style, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites.

-Weapons and Magic-

WeaponAttack BonusDamageCriticalSpecial
Longspear:+51d8+5x3Reach, Brace
Gauntlet:+51d2+3x2Bludgeon
Pick, Heavy:+51d6+3x4Piercing

Other Items:
  • Chainmail (+6 AC,+2   Max Dex, –5 Skill Subtraction, 30% Arcane Failure, 20 ft. Movement);
  • Explorer's Outfit
  • Ranger's Kit (This includes a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, iron pot, mess kit, rope, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin)

Armor Class: 17
Initiative:   +1
Hit Points:   30
  • Fortitude:  +7
  • Reflex:  +4
  • Will:  +2

Languages:  Common

Personality:  When war ain't dreary, it's pretty goddamn boring.  But it ain't boring if you've got a kid like Fallon Spratt in your platoon.  He'll tell you a long yarn while you're digging a ditch to make the time go by quick or he'll say something funny when you're getting overrun by the enemy to ease your nerves.  Unlike the whole slew of young soldiers I've ever met, only Spratt actually enjoyed war, which is odd given his friendly disposition, his kindness towards everyone, his enthusiasm towards novel things, and his unbridled idealism.  Military life just settled well with him.  Aside from all that, I must say that Spratt is unnaturally convivial with nature and uncommonly gracious towards its bounty.  He respects the wild, even though he's cynical towards the monstrous inhabitants that dwell within it.  On the other hand, he's also unsophisticated and impolitic, and can be a bit naive on account of it.

Brief History:   I don't know where to start!  I didn't know my parents because they died before I was born.  My uncle told me that they were fine people who died for a good cause.  Uncle never told me much more than that, though.  He never talked much.  Now, you would think it woulda' been difficult for a tough man like that and a fellow like me to get along, but we made a good team!  He taught me everythin' he knew about surviving in the wilderness, and let me tell you, he knew a fair bit. 

I was about sixteen years old when he died.  After I buried him, I set out to live my life.  I didn't want to live like my uncle.  That's a lonely experience, and I always knew it wasn't for me.  Now, I've been told that folks don't think that joining the military is a good way to live one's life, but I really enjoyed my time in the service.  Living in the cold mud is a cake walk after you've lived in the frontier.  I never got such good sleep!  I got to travel and see new places, too.  Most of all, I never did anything that I was ashamed of. 

Except... I wish that I had died with my unit.  But that ain't here nor there.

Appearance:  Spratt is a 23-year-old half-elven male, who is 6'2 tall and 170 lbs.  He has blond hair and green eyes.  He is broad shouldered, but lean, with long, prodigious arms.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:18:50 PM by PhantomPistoleer »

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 09:04:15 PM »
Ruby Slippers, I believe my personal messages to you are blocked. So I cannot PM if you have any other questions regarding the Order of Bahamut or any Knightly Orders.

Online Chulanowa

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 09:10:36 PM »
What's your world look like for Barbarian-types? Any wild savages of the plains / mountains / Whatever going on?

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »
What's your world look like for Barbarian-types? Any wild savages of the plains / mountains / Whatever going on?

Hmm... I think I have something here.

Beyond the Rivers of the City State of Evermeet lie the wild plains of Tantamar. It is there that the Wild Men of the Hundred Tribes mark their territory. It is a vast, and deceptively dangerous plain where predators and prey are on the open fields competing for precious resources. Huts of clay, wood and straw mark their settlements alongside spike walls to keep serious bears and cats out. Only the strongest survive here and the Ku'kath Clan are some of the toughest one can ever hope to encounter. Their name sake is not from brutality however but because of the legend of their clans origin.

Long ago the Wispoak Woods stretched all the way to the rivers. However A band of hill giants swept the land and began deforesting the woods to almost nothing. Spirits, and druids and fair folk of the woods found salvation in the unlikely form of an orc. Legend has it this orc was said to have wielded a massive maul made from the leg bone of a dragon to break the bones of his sworn foes. The barbarian known only as Ja'rok drove the hill giants from the Wispoak Woods which were once more populated and dense. As his prize, he sought the hand of an elven maid and the deforested territories of the Tantamar plains as his kingdom. All barbarians of this region are said to have defended from Ja'rok in either blood, spirit or both.

Offline TFcommando

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »
The city-state of Everett is a river faring city, and is capable of sustaining itself and surviving the famine and raiding gripping the kingdom. Their nobles overindulge and waste even in such times and live in their own world. Plenty of reason for a good hearted noble to want to distance themselves from that. They are for most, overindulgent, lecherous, and greedy. Merchants peddle their edible wares at higher prices in light of the starvation. In short the high society is acting like vultures during these times. So in short, the city state has plenty of decadence, vice and questionable morality.

For you I can easily create a noble house that are essentially merchants nobles. Maybe something of a classical name like House Blackthorn. Basically the patriarchs and male nobles of the house enjoy the fine benefits of more decadent trading, make sure to hand out favors to others they  are certain to collect on. Perhaps even to your dismay, they deal in flesh trading? After finding out you were going into an arranged marriage despite your magical prowess you said "fuck it" and ran off. Now you have the freedom to choose how you wish to live. Old habits however die hard and you may be eager to indulge in pleasures of the flesh or the excitement of public attention.

Sounds pretty good!  Two angles on her background and behavior... she may be good, but that doesn't mean she's pure and chaste, she's decadent and wicked in her personal life and presentation.  Second, some link between sex and magic for her.  There's no real mechanical support for, say, tantric sex magic, but she might barely wear anything because of the heat from her spells or the magic she channels.  A certain xenophilia too, with elementals and such.

Another possibility is that she hasn't broken ties yet, that she's doing the secret ID thing.  She goes out on her adventuring and then comes back to her household for a while.  That could provide for some interesting conflict down the road, when something happens that'll force her to choose.

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »
Sounds pretty good!  Two angles on her background and behavior... she may be good, but that doesn't mean she's pure and chaste, she's decadent and wicked in her personal life and presentation.  Second, some link between sex and magic for her.  There's no real mechanical support for, say, tantric sex magic, but she might barely wear anything because of the heat from her spells or the magic she channels.  A certain xenophilia too, with elementals and such.

Another possibility is that she hasn't broken ties yet, that she's doing the secret ID thing.  She goes out on her adventuring and then comes back to her household for a while.  That could provide for some interesting conflict down the road, when something happens that'll force her to choose.

Hmm... No there isn't really any mechanic for tantric casting. Perhaps she uses magic as a means of sexual release in the bedroom? I can easily imagine some power perversion potential from her lovers and I can imagine that being used to bring some spice to the decadent lifestyles of the noble in Evermeet. I do not mind the secret identity situation either as this build potential for conflicts.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 12:25:15 AM »
Ruby Slippers, I believe my personal messages to you are blocked. So I cannot PM if you have any other questions regarding the Order of Bahamut or any Knightly Orders.

I buddified you so it should work now. My character will be a Green Knight so think a CG outgoing and fun loving but serious elven knight of common title after she campaigned against orcs with others. So she likely follows the traditional elven faith in your game. Well what good is risking ones life if one can't drink, game and bed just as hard.  ;D

Offline TFcommando

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 12:30:40 AM »
Hmm... No there isn't really any mechanic for tantric casting. Perhaps she uses magic as a means of sexual release in the bedroom? I can easily imagine some power perversion potential from her lovers and I can imagine that being used to bring some spice to the decadent lifestyles of the noble in Evermeet. I do not mind the secret identity situation either as this build potential for conflicts.

A tantric wizard could have to spend the studying time to get new spells in ritual sex instead, but that doesn't help with a sorcerer.   :)  There could be a secret society or cult of mages that does things like summoning up elementals for sex hidden in the city, it might have been how her grandmother or mother trysted with one. 

Prestidigitation could have a million uses in the bedroom to spice things up in the bedroom and Ghost Sound cold make for loud orgasm noises (or covering up the sounds of a tryst in a closet)!

I had her as the third sister so there wouldn't be quite as much pressure to get married yet.  The fact she's a sorcerer might be hidden... she could just be passing as a neophyte mage with her cantrips.

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 01:04:20 AM »
I buddified you so it should work now. My character will be a Green Knight so think a CG outgoing and fun loving but serious elven knight of common title after she campaigned against orcs with others. So she likely follows the traditional elven faith in your game. Well what good is risking ones life if one can't drink, game and bed just as hard.  ;D

Guess you thought the Bahamut Knights were chaste. They're not, and more like the Brides of Ahlat from the Exalted setting. Just as an FYI. Anyway as long as you enjoy the character it'll do fine. For the sake of things, you can be a hedge knight for the hamlets of Wispoak Woods since the elven settlements there will work well enough. Just bear in mind that your wouldn't be a legally recognized knight since your religion isn't more openly worshipped.

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2017, 01:06:15 AM »
A tantric wizard could have to spend the studying time to get new spells in ritual sex instead, but that doesn't help with a sorcerer.   :)  There could be a secret society or cult of mages that does things like summoning up elementals for sex hidden in the city, it might have been how her grandmother or mother trysted with one. 

Prestidigitation could have a million uses in the bedroom to spice things up in the bedroom and Ghost Sound cold make for loud orgasm noises (or covering up the sounds of a tryst in a closet)!

I had her as the third sister so there wouldn't be quite as much pressure to get married yet.  The fact she's a sorcerer might be hidden... she could just be passing as a neophyte mage with her cantrips.

Sounds great to me. I'll keep that in mind for some future elements should we get that far. I do enjoy the back and forth between player and GM. I missed it.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »
Guess you thought the Bahamut Knights were chaste. They're not, and more like the Brides of Ahlat from the Exalted setting. Just as an FYI. Anyway as long as you enjoy the character it'll do fine. For the sake of things, you can be a hedge knight for the hamlets of Wispoak Woods since the elven settlements there will work well enough. Just bear in mind that your wouldn't be a legally recognized knight since your religion isn't more openly worshipped.

Its not fancy titles its the heart and honor of the knight that matters if humans don't get it well its their problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQXy84W2AZU

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »
I like it. So what do we have thus far potentially.

One pyromancer with elemental blood among other things,
One summoner with direct lineage as an ifrit/or an elven evoker from the coastal kingdoms.
One elven knight of the old code.
A halfling monk of Yondalla.
A very southern-esque half-elf ranger.

And three others whom have made interest but not made characters yet. One has a concept for a barbarian, another a paladin or cleric. The third has yet to make any leaning towards a concept or such. Anyone else? Anything I might have missed?

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2017, 06:04:58 PM »
  If the third is wolf dreamer, he said a paladin or a rogue, nad I've been helping him with a rogue. 

Offline Kimmy

• Curiosity's pet & Muse's spark. Chained with a Demon's darkness & lifted atop an Angel's passion!
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • Darkness holds the most fascinating Rainbows!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
I've got a concept to pitch - let me know if you want it expanded into a full character. Sorry it's brief... But I try not to put too much into my first few thoughts... Especially with unfamiliar GM's.

Charlie Idea
I want to try a paladin. Someone who was a handsome rake, warrior, gambler and flirt - but ended up on the wrong side of God. Most clerics get close to their deity through devotion, love, hard work and shared efforts. To work and live as their diety does, they touch souls and in return can share in their deities power, becoming a vessel.
Some mortals get close through deals and pacts - gaining power to accomplish a great task - or even with some dark pact, binding their souls together with words and gaining power - at the expense of placing their soul - their eternal afterlife in the hands of a diety with whom they may not share a compatibility...

Usually these pacts are evil in nature - because goodly gods don't want to twist and pervert the natures of those who might follow them. But just occasionally... Circumstances dictate a different course.

If he'd told the story as he once had been, it would of sounded passionate and heroic. A rake who charmed some priestesses, ending up in the high maiden's bed, before slipping away to leave unrequited love. At the city gates lay Orc raiders, a great foe which pushed him back, battering his plate mail until he collapsed upon the temple steps, where a goddess answered his call for aid, granting sanctuary from the ravenous horde...

The truth was far less kind. He had indeed been the rake, passionate and flair... He'd borrowed some coins and skipped into the night - only to encounter a women of his past. An angry Orcish woman who was not with out her charm. But also came with a temper and a long memory. She beat him and chased him- for he was far too kind to fight her with menace. After all, it wasn't as if he didn't deserve his lesson.

But when he'd collapsed on the temple steps, he'd begged and offered anything for aid... He'd never specified what kind of aid... And she'd accepted his offer... A goddess of love, passion and beauty - but also protection. She'd decided that this rake needed protecting... And her flock needed protection from him.

With but a touch of her power, she'd overwhelmed his mortal form. And her clergy handled the rest. The spell was more like reincarnation than healing - bathing his body and soul within her power until something new came out. A soul with a conscious - and a womanly form. For how better to prevent him ever present charms than to remake him in her image?

Of course, there came complications. Binding him, her in this way gave her connection - letting her share the strength. It also let her feel the ever present anger she often invoked...
And there are trappings. If she wanted an afterlife... One other than eternal torment... She'd have to follow the tenants of her new faith... Beauty, love, protection... Life was going to change...

I want to pitch the idea of a paladin, perhaps with a custom archetype based around the enlightened warrior. Not to be a Monk/Paladin, But the idea of a divine power protecting them, adding their charisma to their AC. It's not nearly as effective as platemail, but fits the story so well. As for the rest, perhaps some minor powers like creating love potions or @shrugs@ I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm happy with just plain paladin though.

Part of my thoughts tie into the idea that part of her punishment is she has to live in the body of her previously ideal woman. So smaller, delicate, weaker, overly sensitive and prone to high emotions - that wild uncontrollable natural that rakes want to tame oh so badly... And as part of her faith she'd be stuck wearing beautiful things - or find herself so smothered and uncomfortable that she has to choose more overtly feminine clothing. Despite the unwanted attention it earns her. Also there is the challenge of gender - wanting to charm women as a women... Requires learning a whole new set of skills... And dealing with charmed men with also require something new...

I've no thoughts on race - it would be whatever her new Goddess used to be, so something we can discuss and share the fun with? And well, the feel should be a mix of overly feminine traits mixed with masculine rakish behaviour... I'd pick a trait to help line up some skills with a rakes past - bluff, persuasion, perhaps perception or craft armor (it's like sewing & leather working all in one). Stealth and Climbing also seem to fit - getting into and out of bedrooms takes certain talents... Sleight of hand or riding would be my last picks, but I doubt I'll have that many points to spend.

Let me know if this catches your interest...

Kimmy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:09:50 AM by Kimmy »

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »
I like it. So what do we have thus far potentially.

One pyromancer with elemental blood among other things,
One summoner with direct lineage as an ifrit/or an elven evoker from the coastal kingdoms.
One elven knight of the old code.
A halfling monk of Yondalla.
A very southern-esque half-elf ranger.

And three others whom have made interest but not made characters yet. One has a concept for a barbarian, another a paladin or cleric. The third has yet to make any leaning towards a concept or such. Anyone else? Anything I might have missed?

Well say what might be called a knight defending her people and will help others but not being lawful in her goodness tends to balance that with her personal freedom. But she can get along with others well enough.

Online Chulanowa

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
Question; I see that in the first iteration of the game, there was a dual-gendered character. Is this a thing in your world, or was that character some sort of one-of?   :-)

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2017, 09:59:57 PM »
It was requested by that person and I decided to be a sport and allow it

And to amend my statement. It also had he consent of the other players. ^_^
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:15:52 PM by Laughing Hyena »

Offline TFcommando

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2017, 03:05:20 AM »
Say, is the first pic in my series showing up upside down for anyone else?  It appears that way on some browsers, but not others.  Also, remembered how to adjust picture sizes and put the huge one to a more reasonable size. 

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 08:18:53 AM »
I've got a concept to pitch - let me know if you want it expanded into a full character. Sorry it's brief... But I try not to put too much into my first few thoughts... Especially with unfamiliar GM's.

Charlie Idea
I want to try a paladin. Someone who was a handsome rake, warrior, gambler and flirt - but ended up on the wrong side of God. Most clerics get close to their deity through devotion, love, hard work and shared efforts. To work and live as their diety does, they touch souls and in return can share in their deities power, becoming a vessel.
Some mortals get close through deals and pacts - gaining power to accomplish a great task - or even with some dark pact, binding their souls together with words and gaining power - at the expense of placing their soul - their eternal afterlife in the hands of a diety with whom they may not share a compatibility...

Usually these pacts are evil in nature - because goodly gods don't want to twist and pervert the natures of those who might follow them. But just occasionally... Circumstances dictate a different course.

If he'd told the story as he once had been, it would of sounded passionate and heroic. A rake who charmed some priestesses, ending up in the high maiden's bed, before slipping away to leave unrequited love. At the city gates lay Orc raiders, a great foe which pushed him back, battering his plate mail until he collapsed upon the temple steps, where a goddess answered his call for aid, granting sanctuary from the ravenous horde...

The truth was far less kind. He had indeed been the rake, passionate and flair... He'd borrowed some coins and skipped into the night - only to encounter a women of his past. An angry Orcish woman who was not with out her charm. But also came with a temper and a long memory. She beat him and chased him- for he was far too kind to fight her with menace. After all, it wasn't as if he didn't deserve his lesson.

But when he'd collapsed on the temple steps, he'd begged and offered anything for aid... He'd never specified what kind of aid... And she'd accepted his offer... A goddess of love, passion and beauty - but also protection. She'd decided that this rake needed protecting... And her flock needed protection from him.

With but a touch of her power, she'd overwhelmed his mortal form. And her clergy handled the rest. The spell was more like reincarnation than healing - bathing his body and soul within her power until something new came out. A soul with a conscious - and a womanly form. For how better to prevent him ever present charms than to remake him in her image?

Of course, there came complications. Binding him, her in this way gave her connection - letting her share the strength. It also let her feel the ever present anger she often invoked...
And there are trappings. If she wanted an afterlife... One other than eternal torment... She'd have to follow the tenants of her new faith... Beauty, love, protection... Life was going to change...

I want to pitch the idea of a paladin, perhaps with a custom archetype based around the enlightened warrior. Not to be a Monk/Paladin, But the idea of a divine power protecting them, adding their charisma to their AC. It's not nearly as effective as platemail, but fits the story so well. As for the rest, perhaps some minor powers like creating love potions or @shrugs@ I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm happy with just plain paladin though.

Part of my thoughts tie into the idea that part of her punishment is she has to live in the body of her previously ideal woman. So smaller, delicate, weaker, overly sensitive and prone to high emotions - that wild uncontrollable natural that rakes want to tame oh so badly... And as part of her faith she'd be stuck wearing beautiful things - or find herself so smothered and uncomfortable that she has to choose more overtly feminine clothing. Despite the unwanted attention it earns her. Also there is the challenge of gender - wanting to charm women as a women... Requires learning a whole new set of skills... And dealing with charmed men with also require something new...

I've no thoughts on race - it would be whatever her new Goddess used to be, so something we can discuss and share the fun with? And well, the feel should be a mix of overly feminine traits mixed with masculine rakish behaviour... I'd pick a trait to help line up some skills with a rakes past - bluff, persuasion, perhaps perception or craft armor (it's like sewing & leather working all in one). Stealth and Climbing also seem to fit - getting into and out of bedrooms takes certain talents... Sleight of hand or riding would be my last picks, but I doubt I'll have that many points to spend.

Let me know if this catches your interest...

Kimmy

So a ladies man gets his comeuppance, is answer by a goddes of beauty, gender bent and becomes a paladin. I can get behind this surprisingly deep character and it's gives me an excuse to flesh out a little more of the pantheon