You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 18, 2019, 01:43:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Trump  (Read 160220 times)

Offline legomaster00156

Re: Trump
« Reply #4975 on: June 05, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
100% agree on his obvious idiocy. He neither knows history nor current events, so to assign him with any original thought is folly. Even when it comes to his own warped sense of self, his historical recollections are deeply flawed, again demonstrating a narcissistic personality disorder.
He literally believes thousands were marching in London in favor of him.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #4976 on: June 05, 2019, 02:28:14 PM »
He literally believes thousands were marching in London in favor of him.

Being unpopular is fake news.

Offline Eye of Horus

« Reply #4977 on: June 05, 2019, 04:26:49 PM »
Don't be too sanguine about the future of the NHS. Nothing is permanent, especially now. The American ambassador also said the NHS is on the table. It wasn't just the moronic shitgibbon who said it.

This. I heard it from the trade ambassador before I heard it from Trump (come to think of it, the reason Trump mentioned it was probably because he was parroting the last person he had talked to). It’s definitely in the US’ crosshairs.

And most of the frontrunners to be our next PM either quietly vote or openly talk about privatising healthcare as desirable (Jeremy Hunt even co-authored a book on the subject). We may become the first country in the world to regress from single-payer healthcare to the objectively worse free-market model...

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer | Dasha's skirted secretary
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4978 on: June 05, 2019, 09:30:28 PM »
Oh wow, so Trump, meeting Irish PM Leo Varadkar (and as soon as they met at the airport), tossed out a reference to his own Mexican Wall project, walked straight into thesuper-loaded debate about the Irish-UK border and gave a chummy signal that "yeah right, what you want to put in place here in the north after Brexit is similar to what I pledged for the Mexico border"?  ::)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/05/ireland-visit-donald-trump-arrives-leo-varadkar-discussions

It couldn't have been more clueless and tactless. Trump should have kept his mouth shut and left that whole topic to his diplomats.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #4979 on: June 05, 2019, 09:40:41 PM »
And no one has mentioned his

suit-jacket?

Offline gaggedLouise

• Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4980 on: June 05, 2019, 09:45:51 PM »

suit-jacket?

"Cripes! It's shrunk in the washing!!"

:D

Offline Iniquitous

• Diva of the Damned | Mother of Horrors | Patron Saint of Blankies
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • I've been laying with the Devil....
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4981 on: June 05, 2019, 11:30:40 PM »

suit-jacket?

I have been trying to figure that one out.  I suspect someone is either A) trying to make him look like a fool and told him it was the fashion or B) they didn't have a suit jacket for him and just crammed one on him and told him it looked good.

I've read a lot of articles lately that all say the same thing - he is desperate for the royals to like him and accept him, that he constantly asks what he should wear, how he should act, etc.  Of course, I've also read that he has been desperate for a photo op with William, Kate, and Harry as well as trying to get his children photo ops with them - something that has been avoided by the three.  Seeing as he ignored the invitation being for him & Robo-lania and instead brought his WHOLE damn family, I can see this being true.

Online Mechelle

« Reply #4982 on: June 06, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
It did seem a bit like two royal families meeting although it was noticed that Harry kept his distance following Trump's criticism of the 'nasty ' Meghan. I certainly got the impression that Trump wanted to be loved and accepted by them and, perhaps more so, let that be seen and known in public.

As for his outfit, liberal commentator James O'Brien had mentioned, as a former purveyor of gentlemen's clothes, how much that outfit had pained him, but, otherwise, it seemed like a case of the Emperor's new clothes, which nobody dared mention.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4983 on: June 06, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »
There's an interview with Trump coming tonight (US time) on Fox, taped in Normandy by Laura Ingraham, and apparently Trump is set to use the occasion for a broadside on Pelosi and Mueller, painting them as dishonest losers and almost traitors who have tied themselves to a cause that was lost from the start. Sure enough he will also try to pose as the heir of Eisenhower and Reagan against the backdrop of American war cemeteries - even though Trump is against the kind of broad coalitions and alliances that those two accepted as necessary to achieve peace and safety, also for the US.

Offline RedEve

« Reply #4984 on: June 06, 2019, 04:37:58 PM »
It did seem a bit like two royal families meeting although it was noticed that Harry kept his distance following Trump's criticism of the 'nasty ' Meghan. I certainly got the impression that Trump wanted to be loved and accepted by them and, perhaps more so, let that be seen and known in public.

As for his outfit, liberal commentator James O'Brien had mentioned, as a former purveyor of gentlemen's clothes, how much that outfit had pained him, but, otherwise, it seemed like a case of the Emperor's new clothes, which nobody dared mention.

I don't think it's just the Meghan stuff. Apparently at one point Trump bragged that he could have slept with Princess Diana only he would have required her to have an HIV test first.

Of course stuff like this is why you don't elect someone like Trump as POTUS in the first place.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4985 on: June 06, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »
I don't think it's just the Meghan stuff. Apparently at one point Trump bragged that he could have slept with Princess Diana only he would have required her to have an HIV test first.

Of course stuff like this is why you don't elect someone like Trump as POTUS in the first place.

Back in the mid-90s, he also spread the rumour that Diana was looking to buy a high-end apartment in Trump Tower... ;) That was plainly a marketing move, using her name and fame to build on the brand of his own buildings at a time when he was struggling financially.

The royal family put out a denial at the time, but of course Trump's rumour was much more newsy than a boring denial by the British royals.  ;)

Online Mechelle

« Reply #4986 on: June 06, 2019, 05:14:27 PM »

Oh, yes, that's true on both counts. I think the older members of the British royal family would have complicated thoughts about Diana, but it would have been amusing if Prince Philip had not retired from public life as he could have told Trump what he thought of him to his face.

Offline Various

« Reply #4987 on: June 06, 2019, 05:40:14 PM »
The tyranny of low expectations. The Bloated Traitor didn't spend his time claiming he liked soldiers who weren't killed by Germans, not ones who got shot, and he's suddenly a competent statesman? No.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4988 on: June 08, 2019, 01:43:56 PM »
Trump did get a deal with Mexico over the migrant control thing, but even though he is now blowing his own trumpet over a "great deal" on twitter, I strongly suspect he would have preferred if the Mexicans had refused to budge in any meaningful way so that he'd have got his tariffs, would have been able to sell them to his supporters as another piece of "personal policy" by himself - and going on about how he was kicking Mexico in the sack (both the money sack and the ball sack) until they would obey him. By agreeing to a deal that seems relatively slim, but which was much less than what Trump really wanted, and avoiding tariffs, Mexico have acted professionally to defuse the crisis vs Trump - and have robbed him of a propaganda storyline he could have milked to no end.

Still, Trump's threat *is* interference in Mexico's interior affairs, but it's not the first nor the last time a US presidenthas done that kind of thing to a Latin American country.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #4989 on: June 08, 2019, 01:46:38 PM »
He's still playing it up as a propaganda storyline anyways. Remember, actually getting results is at best a tertiary priority to him, he's primarily focused on maintaining his loyalty base by looking like he's succeeding.

Offline Lilias

• La Que Sabe ~ Shamaniac ~ Melinoë ~ The Unforgiving
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Fifty words for murder, and I'm every one of them.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4990 on: June 11, 2019, 07:10:18 AM »

suit-jacket?

I tried very hard to find the picture where someone traced the, erm, outline created between head and waistcoat-tails, to no avail. So I had to make do with some other snark: https://www.someecards.com/news/news/donald-trump-united-kingdom-state-visit-bonkers-moments/

Offline Oniya

« Reply #4991 on: June 11, 2019, 11:34:15 AM »
I tried very hard to find the picture where someone traced the, erm, outline created between head and waistcoat-tails, to no avail.

That's absolutely brilliant.

Offline Hades

• Master of Explosions, Keeper of Useless Trivia, Hopeless Minecraft Addict, Blythe's Post Ninja
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Prepare for Doom and...oh, shiny object!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4992 on: June 11, 2019, 08:27:54 PM »
You mean
this one?
Though I also enjoyed
this
and
this one

Offline Lilias

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4993 on: June 12, 2019, 06:45:22 AM »
You mean
this one?
Though I also enjoyed
this
and
this one

That's the one! The second one is right on the nose, too. Although 'Bugs Bunny is about to ruin his opera' is the best caption ever.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4994 on: June 12, 2019, 06:50:58 AM »
You mean
this one?
Though I also enjoyed
this
and
this one

On top of everything else, I thought that wearing a tailed suit, you were supposed to keep the white shirt tucked down inside the pants? ;)

Offline Lilias

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4995 on: June 12, 2019, 12:54:05 PM »

On top of everything else, I thought that wearing a tailed suit, you were supposed to keep the white shirt tucked down inside the pants? ;)

That's the waistcoat, which should not be longer than the coat. Proof that he has no idea how to dress formally (he looked lost without his oversized tie), If that outfit was not off the rack, the tailor must hate him.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4996 on: June 12, 2019, 11:28:16 PM »
In a tv interview, Trump says he would see no problem with foreign governments or companies, or their middlemen, approaching him with "dirt on other candidates" during a campaign (or at any time, since he sees himself as being on the campaign trail all the time?). "I would listen to them" and see if it was useful information and how to use it. Nor would he feel obliged to tell the FBI or the ordinary police about such attempts. He plainly seems to see the FBI as the interference here.

No small change.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/12/politics/donald-trump-abc-political-dirt-foreign-country-rivals/index.html

Offline Kurogane

« Reply #4997 on: June 13, 2019, 09:36:03 AM »
In a tv interview, Trump says he would see no problem with foreign governments or companies, or their middlemen, approaching him with "dirt on other candidates" during a campaign (or at any time, since he sees himself as being on the campaign trail all the time?). "I would listen to them" and see if it was useful information and how to use it. Nor would he feel obliged to tell the FBI or the ordinary police about such attempts. He plainly seems to see the FBI as the interference here.

No small change.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/12/politics/donald-trump-abc-political-dirt-foreign-country-rivals/index.html

There was evidence of Russian interference....the Idiot admits to welcoming such interference/tampering/intelligence-gathering....and yet, Congress still does nothing.  So sad.

Offline Oniya

« Reply #4998 on: June 13, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
There was evidence of Russian interference....the Idiot admits to welcoming such interference/tampering/intelligence-gathering....and yet, Congress still does nothing.  So sad.

I was waiting for Little Oni to complete her assessment testing yesterday, and CNN was on in the other waiting room.  Trump Jr was testifying in a closed-door session, and the 'meeting at Trump Tower in 2016' was on the topic list. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/politics/donald-trump-jr-senate-intelligence/index.html

(Article was written before the testimony, but shows that they aren't exactly 'doing nothing'.)

Online Mechelle

« Reply #4999 on: June 13, 2019, 04:15:00 PM »
On a light hearted note, there was a lot of amusement over here when Trump tweeted, and subsequently deleted, that he had met the "Queen of England (UK) and the Prince of Whales".

A Prince Charles parody account asked if he had said that "on porpoise" while the monarchs of various other animal species wondered why they didn't get to meet him.