You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 18, 2019, 12:00:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Theodore Roosevelt Appreciation Thread  (Read 46 times)

Online TheGlyphstoneTopic starter

Theodore Roosevelt Appreciation Thread
« on: July 16, 2019, 11:26:35 AM »
Someone should start a Teddy Roosevelt Appreciation Thread - give a thread to a badass president instead of lame ones.

Online HannibalBarca

• Defiant General of Hopeless Causes * Henry Rollins for President campaigner * Mako-phile * Uncle Iroh in shades * Disciple of Dr. Cornel West * Roy Batty lives! *
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Location: At large, am tall. “I will either find a way, or make one.” -- Hannibal Barca
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Theodore Roosevelt Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
Teddy was pretty badass.  Also a racist, though.  Then again, considering the times, most white people were racist then.  Come to think of it, looking to polls, it seems like most white people are racist today, too.

Offline legomaster00156

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »
Teddy was pretty badass.  Also a racist, though.  Then again, considering the times, most white people were racist then.  Come to think of it, looking to polls, it seems like most white people are racist today, too.
I think it's more accurate to say that most white people are not racist, but are not so opposed to racists as to avoid consorting with them.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »
Someone should start a Teddy Roosevelt Appreciation Thread - give a thread to a badass president instead of lame ones.

Good idea, we need a more positive thread in here. Racism aside.

Thank you for volunteering!

Online TheGlyphstoneTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:22:00 AM »
Thank you!

So, today's Teddy Roosevelt fact:

Most people know about his Bull Moose Party, and how he led the Rough Riders in a charge up San Juan Hill. But far fewer people know about the time when he teamed up with Thomas Edison's ghost to steal a time machine from H.G. Wells and use it to prevent Hitler's clone from conquering the Martians.

Online Oniya

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:32:36 PM »
Speaking of the 'bully pulpit' - Teddy's the one that originated the phrase.  At the time, the word 'bully' had a far different connotation, and rather than meaning 'using ones office to browbeat others', the phrase meant 'Gee, this is a really great way for me to get the word out to a lot of people!'