The Hellmouth Rogues - A BtVS Spinoff (F/F) - Interest/Recruitment - OPEN AGAIN

Started by Alias, January 31, 2017, 02:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

Hello! welcome to “The Hellmouth Rogues”. This is technically a ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ spinoff roleplay. But very little knowledge is required. I’ll speak in general terms.

The Idea
    There is a war in the shadows on Earth, demons and vampires hunt by night. They are smart enough to keep themselves hidden from the living. And most people never come into contact with the monsters and the true darkness. But there are woman young and old, a select few, chosen by mysterious forces that can hunt them, fight them, and kill them, they are called 'The Slayers' This is a game for five players, including myself as GM, and one of the five main PCs. Each player will control one female character. These girls all have the following powers, and more: super strength, accelerated healing, superhuman endurance, increased speed, a supernatural sense of danger, and prophetic dreams. These five women will roam the land wherever they want on Hell and Earth. They will kill demons, vampires, and other monsters. Depending on the players, these girls might lean toward the heroic, or they might lean toward the more sinister side of the coin. They could rescue the helpless, or they might be one step away from being murderous and evil. In either case, they will enjoy their power in each others company, hunt down demons, save/kill some innocent people, fight against an army of hellbeasts, and much much more. I intend this game to be a good balance of drama, comedy, action, and f/f smut (redacted from previous closing line due to poorly chosen words, sorry, fixed.).

The Setting
    So, onto the Canon. This is shorter than I thought it was before. The explanation of this fiction’s world, and the set up for the game are as follows: There are demons everywhere. It's a secret. The demons want to take over Earth, and make Earth into Hell. There's a council of wise men that guard and distribute knowledge about these demons to Slayers. They are called 'The Watcher's Council.' (Our Slayers are rogues, so the Council is likely to be antagonistic no matter what). There used to be only one slayer a generation, for thousands of years. Recently, the rules have changed. There are now thousands of slayers. Timeline:
    ?? - first slayer
    2003 - thousands of slayers
    2017 - January - game start

We'll start in smalltown Ohio, outside of Cleveland. Characters can come from anywhere, and we can take them anywhere afterward. The world is our oyster, we just gotta get out of Ohio first.

GM ANNOUNCEMENT

Feel free to pitch character concepts or apply in full with a character sheet; You can either PM me or post it here, I'm fine either way. There is currently no deadline for applications. The monster spoiler at the bottom of this post as been modified to reflect the information anyone would need for this game. *tea and biscuits for all* Enjoy!

March 25th Update
    The first game has started! The 2nd game is very close already! I am STILL accepting new applications

The Rules
    -Approval I-
    New characters can be posted in the OOC or PMed to me. Re-applications must be PMed to me.
    -Approval II-
    This is not a first come first serve game. If there are nine of us that want to be involved, I’ll probably do two versions of the game. If there are thirty five, I’ll pick the eight best, and do two games. If there are exactly five applicants, I’ll have to turn one down. I don’t like first come first serve. I’d rather be the voice of power.
    -Be respectful-
    We’re all here to have fun. Communicate openly, transparently, and enjoy each other’s company
    -Character Choice-
    When applying for this game, I’m expecting Original characters. The girls can be any age, I’d prefer mid twenties to late teens, but they could be as old as 35. They were activated in 2003, or later. And I wouldn't say no to some one just picking up one of my slayers from the bottom of this post. I can always make more for myself if you take my favorite or something. Of course, making your own is preferred. But, I can be convinced to do anything really.
    -No system-
    We'll police ourselves, most of the fighting will be PC vs GM anyway, and I won't be trying to beat your Slayer up, I'll just be trying to tell a good story.
    -Post Length -
    +300 words, I encourage more, but it depends on the scene, if it’s a fast moving conversation, hovering down near 300 is respectful, but i would like to draw a hard line here. There are always 300 words or more somewhere.
    -Posting Volume -
    At least once a week, same as above, more often is encouraged, but there has to be a line somewhere
    -Writing Style -
    3rd person limited, past tense. Perspective clarification: 3rd person, but limited to where your character is, what she would know, and what she can think. I will be inside of NPC’s heads. Other writers should try to avoid that. 
    First Active Game

• VonDoom -Niss || 2-16
    • WhatLiesAbove -Alexis || 2-16
    • AmandaWho - Aspen || 3-11
    • Red Eve - Josephine || PMed

Submitted Characters

• Doomsday - Trinity || 3-20
    • Rachubka - Lily || PMed
    • la Dame en Noir - Audra || 3-24

Possible Interest - Publically Stated
    • yaracyrrah - Miranda || 3-8
    • - SlipperySue -
    • - Callie Del Noire -
    • - la Dame en Noir -
    Confirmed Interest

• - JamesSureWould -
    • - WilyRiley -

Character Sheet

Feel free to fill this out and post it here or pm the character sheet to me. Don’t let this piece stress you out, if you don’t like character sheets, I’ll help you make it, I love them. I sort of insist on characters sheets. They help me rp, I like to have references to help me dream up my fantasies. My character sheet will wait until the end unless everyone insists to see my favorite slayer first. I have a few to pick from a pool of my slayer concepts. I'd like to see what everyone chooses to play, first, if it's possible. :)
    [/list]
    [float=right][img height=325]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img]
    [img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][img height=100]http://www.ladyslife.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ata.jpg[/img][/float]

[b]Full Name:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b] 16+
    [b]Nationality: [/b] (Anything goes, We’ll figure out where the girls are, at the start of the game once we’re together)
    [b]Hair Colour:[/b]
    [b]Eye Colour:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b] (Whatever system you like)
    [b]Weight:[/b] (Again, whatever system you like)
    [b]Face Claim:[/b] (A real girl, please, personal preference that I’m willing to change but, would much rather not)
    [b]Physical Features:[/b] (Anything that makes her unique or different to the faceclaim? Scars, tattoos, piercings or birthmarks are examples of these.)

[b]General Appearance:[/b] (How does she dress normally? Does she have special clothes that she likes to wear when she is fight that’s different than her regular clothes?)

[b]Personality:[/b] (At least a paragraph describing what she’s like as a person. Things like hates, fears, loves just a general idea of her as a person. Feel free to go as in depth as you like.)

[b]Character Flaws/Weaknesses:[/b] (A Slayer doesn’t have many weaknesses, so think about emotional problems she might have. What parts of growing up with super powers was the most difficult for her? What gives her nightmares?)

[b]History:[/b] (these girls will mostly have the same background, ‘i was once normal, now I’m a superhero. I ran away from my parents/watcher/foster home/friends.’ Other than that, is there anything important that happened in their past?)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (These girls kill demons, what does your girl like to kill with?)

[b]Other:[/b](anything else?)

Madeline Fiona Rivers

Full Name: Madeline Fiona Rivers (Fake Name, real name is Madeline Kelly Schoenecker)
    Nationality: Caucasian
    Hair Colour: Brunette
    Eye Colour: Green, very bright
    Height: 5’8
    Weight: 116 lbs.
    Face Claim: Ellen Page
    Physical Features: Her eyes mostly, slightly more womanly, not much.

General Appearance:  Madeline has a naturally thin frame, She has a very toned and well fit form, her measurements are 32B-24-33. Maddy is muscular by nature, she has a girly six-pack, and a very little amount of body fat. She is tall for a her age. And, she has a bit of a womanly shape already, well proportioned. Her buttocks and her hips are more womanly than Ellen, but not by much. She is very long in frame, and slightly more busty than most girls with her build. Her twinkling emerald eyes are almost eerie, it doesn't look like her face should have such bright eyes, given her dark hair, and her facial structure. She dresses like a low income hipster that spends most of her money on jackets and sunglasses. She likes jeans, skirts over leggings, flats, and sneakers, she wears sweaters, and cute tops that often expose her shoulders. Her hair is wavy, long, and is usually worn down. When she is patrolling or training, she'll often put her hair in a ponytail, or wear a beanie to keep the locks under control. Maddy wears eye makeup almost every day, but not much more. She has very clean skin, soft as soft could be with very little blemishes. She has faint freckles along her nose, and naturally pale skin that tans slightly in the summer.
    Faceclaim: Ellen Page

Personality: Madeline is many sided, as in, almost everything interests her.. She is quick with her words, and brimming with energy. She is able to adapt to the people around her and the situation around her rather easily. She is remarkably curious, to the point of being nosy sometimes. She is sort of afraid of routine and boredom. Madeline almost prefers to be naive, and actually prefers to ignore the depressing truth to reality.

She is Independent, doesn’t particularly like rules, or the way that life is supposed to be lived. Maddy prefers to be left to her own devices, and the idea of having free-will is very important to her. She is flighty, and not exactly dependable in relationships. But she is a good friend, she listens well, and she is fun to be around, even when she’s not in a good mood. She is gifted at being able to internalize her problems without letting them eat her up on the inside. She likes to make everyone think that she is happy, unbothered, and stress free at all times. She can be troubled by other’s issues rather easily though, and tends to care more about her friends problems than her own.

Madeline loves to talk, and she loves to gossip. Maddy is clever, and intelligent. She tends to leave her projects unfinished, and can never decide on what she actually wants to do, and prefers to just do many things at once. She has a bit of a nervous energy about her, like a bunched up spring, she is always wound fairly tight, and her mind works on reflex. She is very in the moment, and reacting to stimulus around her takes up most of her time. Focus is not her strong suit, and boredom comes easily.

Madeline can be a bit superficial at times, she doesn’t spend a lot of time getting to know people deeply unless that person is very important to her day to day life. She is a bad judge of character, and can be quick to trust or mistrust someone on one or two of their actions.

Character Flaws/Weaknesses: Troubled Past - Madeline abandoned her family, her friends, and her entire home-life. Although, this has given her some freedom to enjoy for now, this life choice will eventually bite her in the ass. This is the kind of decision that will come around full circle, and it is only a matter of time.

Nosy - Madeline can often be too curious about other peoples lives and histories, even though she hates it when people ask too much about her background or her state of mind. She doesn't know where other people's boundaries lie. Overly honest people get along well with her, but people that don't like thinking or talking about themselves don't exactly mesh well with her.

Naive by choice - Madeline ignores reality at times. This can be especially dangerous for a Slayer. Almost everything is a childlike game to her. She ran away from her hometown for this reason. She has trouble facing real issues, the facts of life, the inevitability of death, the fact that people lie and mistrust each other. She lives in a fantasy world with a low level of danger. This is not the actual reality. This is bound to get her in trouble.

Anti-establishment - Madeline doesn't follow rules very well. She doesn't always get along with her watcher, she doesn't like listening to authority figures. She gets a simple pleasure from breaking rules and getting away with breaking those rules. For a Slayer, this is another little part of her that wil eventually get her in trouble.

Flighty - This young woman doesn't always do what she says she's going to do. She may feel like a good friend, but every now and then, she is very likely to let her friends down. She might disappear for a few days (or for a lifetime, on occasion). She is good at keeping secrets, and honor among those she considers close to her is important. But, she has a tendency to ignore the fact that other people rely on her. Again, as a Slayer, this has the potential to really weigh her down as a hero.

Scatter brain - Madeline can't focus on one thing at a time. This has it's advantages, she's good at multi-tasking, but, when it comes right down to it, her focus is never like a laser. It is always straying to and fro, glancing in all kinds of directions, and its easy for her to forget about something that she is doing. Shiny things distract her. She rarely finishes projects. Training is legitimately difficult for her, because she doesn't want to do the same thing for more than a few minutes.

Superficial - People around her are not what they always make themselves appear to be, and Madeline as trouble realizing this. She sees people at a surface level, and doesn't spend a lot of time digging deeper than this. People that are close to her are immune to this, but most people are not. She decides that people are what they appear to be. This is sort of a beautiful way to live, as peoples actions define who they are to her. The things that people project at the surface level are the things that matter to her. If something is difficult for someone to do, but they still do it, she doesn't care about what they were feeling when it happened. For example, if a student at school makes fun of a defenseless peer, she doesn't think about why that bully acted mean. She just thinks of that person as a mean person, catagorizes them as a mean person, and moves on. From that point forward, that person has a lot of hard work to do in order to convince her of anything otherwise. This little flaw can also convince her that people are trustworthy when they are lying or disguising their intentions.

History: Madeline was raised in the middle of nowhere, attended a high school in her hometown than looked nicer than it was, and was surrounded by unimportant people for most of her life. She never really got along with her family. She was the youngest of three children, all daughters and one spiteful father. Her childhood was mostly uneventful, her parents rarely fought, but her dad was never that into raising daughters. He had always wanted a son, and never got one. The Middle child, Madeline's senior by three years, was sort of a tomboy, but by the time the girl had turned into a teenager, she was more interested in boys, fashion, and pop music than sports and hunting, the things that Mr. Schoenecker had tried to raise her to love. Madeline was the baby, but unlike most of the youngest children in America, she was never coddled. Her mother loved Xanax, and her father worked most hours of the day. So, she was pretty much raised by her sister's and their boyfriends.

In her sophomore year of high school, in Ferndale, she managed to sink her hook into a hunky senior boy named Michael, and she fell for him with him bad, and he fell for her, it was something like love, but she was too young to understand what was happening. She had had boyfriends before, but none of them had really been very sexual. Maddy was a late bloomer, and her sisters had warned her about boys for most of her life. She was mostly afraid of them for the majority of her life. However, Michael was a gentle boy, and the two of them fully explored each other. Madeline lost her virginity to him at the age of fifteen just before summer break at the end of the school year... It had been prom night. She stayed with him until his untimely death.

She turned sixteen by then when it happened. She had been at home when he crashed his car. She had nothing to do with the accident, but she was traumatized anyway.

For the next three weeks, it was the only thing she heard about. Her family wouldn't let her forget about it, at least one of them asked if she was ok every day. Her friends were either scared to talk to her, or too supportive, constantly calling and inviting her out to take her mind off of the death. Madeline hated it. She wanted no part of it. So, Madeline ran away. She packed up and left. She took one small duffle bag full of clothes and ran away.

She was on the road for one week as a normal girl, on the eighth day, she recieved her Slayer powers at 10:54 a.m. She checked the time when it happened for a reason she can’t remember. Having only been a slayer for about three years. She’s never had a watcher, never had official training, and she’s still learning the tricks of the trade.

Naturally, her freedom eventually allowed her to find some trouble. It took a few close calls for her to learn how to kill a vampire, but she took to it quickly and has confiscated a few weapons and tools from her enemies.

Equipment: Stakes - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Holy Water - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Wooden Crosses - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Javelin - Madeline's favorite weapon is a bow staff with one sharpened end, It's easy to make, used as a defensive weapon, slays vamps like no other, and can even be used as a projectile. The weapon is cumbersome though and difficult to hide, so she can't bring it with her all of the time.
    Iron Cross - A fourteen inch Iron cross that she pretty much always has on her person

Other: not so much
    Slayer by Alias #1
    Alice May Marker

Full Name:Alice May Marker
    Hair Colour: Natural brunette, wears blonde
    Eye Colour: Green/Hazel (as pictured)
    Height: 5’6
    Weight: 110 lbs.
    Face Claim: Alysha Nett
    Physical Features: Nope, just as pictured

General Appearance: Alice is a tomboy of sorts. She was always dressed in boy's clothes, and liked to keep her hair short. As she got older, her body started to develop, but her style didn’t change much. She learned to enjoy lingerie, and she learned to be risque, Alice likes to show herself off. She doesn’t mind fight in her underwear, or even naked. When she’s serious, she’ll wear some light military armor over very thin fabrics. Her ‘armor’ is more for show than anything else. Most of the time however, she wears typical clothing, t-shirts, jeans, and steel toed boots. Her breasts are full, her ass is muscular and round. Alice has a petite shape to her, but she is well shaped and mature. 32B-24-33, dress size 2.

Personality: Alice is fun, and mean at the same time. She doesn’t fuck around much. Bullshit bothers her, and she can become distrustful at times because of how much she dislikes lying. Sometimes, she can convince herself that the truth is something else, something fake, and it can drive her a bit batty. She doesn’t particular like to trust people. However, when she does learn to trust someone, she becomes a totally different person. She’s excitable, humorous, and boyish by nature. Alice has a great sense of humor, and she likes to tease her friends. She prefers to be around men. But, she has been a fairly strict lesbian her whole life.

She doesn’t much like talking about the past, nor does she like to define herself. When others do either of these things it bugs her. Even if they are friends, she likes to tell people that they’re acting like an ass when they are. Confrontation is fun for her. She’s had her slayer powers a long time, and not many people have been able to fuck with her for a long time.

Only other slayers can give her a challenge, demons are pretty exciting too. She loves the hunt, and she savors the kill.

Besides all of this, her ability to express her love is rather profound, even though she doesn’t know what it is or what to do with it. Alice knows how to treat the people she loves. She’s not a bully, she just likes to see people’s real side. And she cares for people passionately. Her other slayers are all she has.

Character Flaws/Weaknesses:
    Distrustful - Alice doesn’t deal with strangers well. And she can even get mad at people she loves in a moment of near psychotic delusion. She is a bit paranoid by nature, and needs reassurance more often then she pretends to need it. If she becomes convinced that someone is lying to her, it can get violent fast.

Rude/Judgemental/Brash - Alice doesn’t have much of filter. If it’s in her head, she’s going to say it. This can get ugly sometimes. Not everyone likes to hear her thoughts all of the time. Especially since most of her thoughts are fairly judgemental of other people

Lost - Alice doesn’t know what she wants. She lives in a mania of sex, violence, chasing, sleeping, and anger. She wants to love, but she doesn’t really know how to. Wanderlust is not enough, Alice doesn’t know where she’s going. She doesn’t even like travelling. Her favorite thing is a nice soft bed. It’s not home, but it feels like it while she’s using it. Alice has been so long without a home, she doesn’t really remember what it’s like. She clings to her lovers, the last remnant of humanity left in her.

Anger issues - Alice has a short fuse. She doesn’t like to ask a lot of questions, and information doesn’t exactly interest her. If someone is intentionally trying to make her mad, the confrontation is soon to follow. She isn’t exactly abusive to those she loves, but she absolutely can be.

Superiority complex - Alice sees herself as super human. She considers herself to be one of the most powerful things in the world. She’s yet to ever really lose a fight, she can get women when she wants them, and she has forced herself onto people before, sexually. She’s not proud of it, but she’s been to dark places. She likes to be in control of situations, and losing it can make her nervous.

Enjoys killing demons - Hurting evil is a special kind of joy. Like Faith, for those Buffy TV fans, she can get carried away. She likes spilling demon blood. She gets sexually excited after a kill. Her legitimate blood lust is a flash of real evil. She lets herself feel it, she loves it. She might be nice from time to time, but there’s something in her eyes all of the time. She wants to stab something, she’s a hunter, she’s a killer on a deep level. She’s never actually killed a person before, but she’s wanted to. Even on her worst day, Alice is aware what might happen to her if she kills a person, and she is afraid to take that step.

History: Alice was an adopted girl in New York City. She grew up there, a true city girl from the start. Her original parents were of the healthy middle class. The “2nd” of four children. Alice was adopted about eleven months after her older brother Thomas was born. Her adopted parents were Thomas’ natural parents. The next two both had the same father. But none of her siblings had the same mother.

Alice was three, her mother died. She was too young to really remember, but her older brother Thomas has always remembered it vividly. Richard, her father remarried in two years. Her new mother brought her another brother. But she and Richard divorced shortly afterward. She was deemed unfit to raise a child, and  Alice met her third mom when she was six.

It only took one year for Richard to have another child.

Alice was seven, she had a new little sister, Hailey. Her new stepmom Maria was a lawyer, and Alice hated her with a passion. Within four months of Hailey’s birth, Alice learned that she was adopted. And suddenly life became very simple: Hate your parents, hang out with your brother’s finds, fuck off at school, and wear more black. She learned she was a lesbian early on, experimenting before she was even out of childhood. Another factor that came on early in Alice’s life was her slayer powers. She was thirteen when her body was given it’s extra strength.

High school only lasted one year, but it had been a riot. She was expelled from one school, refused by another, guilty of robbery and assault, and sent to juvenile detention for four months. Due to poor behavior, her stay extended. She was there until she was sixteen, and her powers were never fully exposed. She’d had years to learn how to hide it. So, instead of being the freak, she was just the bad ass at the ‘jail’. She did anything she wanted, with anyone she wanted, and when she started to get bored, she just left. She broke out and never turned back.

A few years passed with Alice on the run. When she was almost twenty, the watcher’s council found her and brought her to England to train her. She jumped at the opportunity, and made her way over the Atlantic. She took to the training well, still the tomboy she always was, now enjoying fine European women in her off time. Instead of being sent on missions, she was being trained and prepared for serious combat. Alice stayed there for about eight months, and then… she got bored there too. She stole what she needed, knocked out who she needed and made off to Northern Europe. She preferred Norway and Sweden, but she spent a lot of time in Denmark as well.

This was Alice’s killing ground. She stalked through small towns, stole from townsfolk, and made her way from place to place hunting demons. Her goal was to create a demon free snowy paradise, but the idea had actually been easy to accomplish. In less than a year, she had mostly cleared out a large area of all boogie monsters. And, then out of boredom, she moved on.

Equipment:
    Personal Favorite: A Four foot Danish Waraxe
    Alternate main weapon: Scandanavian Broadsword 27” blade
    Wooden Stakes: vamp killer special
    Silver Dagger: for show and for fucking up werewolves
    Bow And Arrow: well trained and natural archer
    .45 Caliber pistol: She always carries it on her for emergency situations

Other:not so much
    Slayer By Alias #2
    Rain Dylan Shrader

Full Name: Rain Dylan Schrader - “Rainy”
    Nationality: Caucasian, Scottish heritage.
    Hair Colour: Red
    Eye Colour: Bright Blie
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 113 lbs.
    Face Claim: Aja Warren
    Physical Features:
    Rainy has 43 tattoos on her left thigh, on 7 on her right thigh. All of them are just lines that keep track of her kills. 43 vampires, 7 assorted demons.

General Appearance:
    Rain is young, but she’s grown into her body quickly and she likes to show it off. When she’s not training or out on patrol, she’s usually next to naked, hanging out around her house. When she goes out, she likes to wear revealing dresses and tiny excuses for shorts and skirts. That is when she goes out to the club, or to fight demons. Having free movement is important in her opinion. She’s tried to wear more protective clothing before and it didn’t suit her.

Personality:
    Rain has a bit of a staunch personality. She doesn’t like to look back on her past, and she’s dedicated her life to helping people for long enough to have developed some pretty mature traits. She likes to stay quiet. She’s goal oriented, and mission focused. She doesn’t get along too well with other people in general, and she was taught to avoid friendships for many years. Rain has a wonderful sense of humor though, and she’s spent a lot of time the last year or so trying to learn how to treat other people.

Unfriendly, and closed off. Rain wants things down right away, and patience has no meaning to her. She doesn’t like to ask questions. Showing up and kicking ass is her M.O. Talking things out and solving puzzles don’t work with her. She’s not resourceful, and she has trust issues. Rain has developed a pretty serious problem with authority, and doesn’t react well to anyone telling her what she can and cannot do.

History:
    She lived in a happy family until she was thirteen. There was nothing spectacular about it, nothing good, and nothing traumatic. Her father filed for divorce, and her mom was gone a lot. But she had an older brother to take care of her along with her dad. She moved to california when she was six, living just outside of Oakland to be closer to her mom.

As she grew up, she started to adopt many boyish behaviors to fit in with her older brother and her dad. She became relatively obsessed with baseball. Her first celebrity crush was on a pitcher for the Oakland Athletics. Both her brother and her dad loved to talk about it, and she could listen to them talk about baseball for hours. She enjoyed other sports as well, but none if it mattered to her like a 3-2 count in the bottom of the 9th.

Rain was 13 when her slayer powers came to her suddenly. It all came in at once and flooded her personality with confusion and insane strength. The dreams caused her to think she was insane, so volunteered to go to a mental ward to get better. Within a month, the watcher’s council arrived and had a meeting her mom and dad. They lied to her parents, in a way. Long story short, Rain went with the Watcher’s Council back to England. She trained there for years, and picked up regular slayer duty at the age of sixteen. Her first kill came quickly, and many more followed.

She wasn’t allowed to make friends, or go out in public very often. She started to develop into a woman quickly. And she was thirsty for a partner sexually. Her watcher was a woman, so when Rainy explained herself to her watcher, that she was feeling lonely and sexually starved, her watcher understood her perfectly, and actually expressed the same frustration to her slayer. Ms. Faye Hannegan was nearly 40, a lesbian and supremely attracted to her slayer. The two bonded in many ways. Faye gave Rain her tattoos. Faye and Rain made love most nights. She trained her slayer to be strong though, and would often express the control she had over her slayer in the bedroom with ropes and chains. It was very naughty and very much not allowed by the watcher’s council.

The two were in love, in some strange way. Rain fought hard to prove herself, and she learned to be an efficient and deadly slayer. But, when she turned eighteen, her trust was completely broken. There was a test, and Faye had administered the test. It shattered Rain’s confidence of her, for the test had nearly been fatal. Rain lost the pinky finger on her left hand, she had a broken arm, a concussion, and she was bleeding internally. Faye wanted to help, but Rain was done. She made a grand exit.

Faye tried to stop her physically, but Rain threw her to the side violently as she walked away into the night.

Rain went back over the atlantic, and started to wander back toward California. She landed in Florida, and as walked her way to the outskirts of Cleveland. She has a new obsession with finding buse and sexually assaulting girls outside of bars. Rain isn’t old enough to go into a bar, but she still tries.

She’s yet to be arrested yet, but she’s pushing her luck, especially in the bible belt. She’s been in fights, she’s caused property damage, and she might have pushed a couple girls too far. Rain has never killed a person, she’s never ruined anyone’s livelihood, and she’s never outwardly raped anyone. Her sexual advances are very dominant though, and she doesn’t exactly know the difference between courtship and a handshake.

Equipment:
    Indian Pata Sword - Image is Here. The weapon is a mixture of a gauntlet and a sword. It protects the hand much more, and removes the users wrists from the equation. She is fast, and deadly with this weapon. It is an old weapon, handed down to her by Faye, the only thing she keeps around from her ex-watcher. It was a Hannegan family heirloom.

Vampire killing tools - Holy Water, Crosses, and Wooden stakes.

A super soaker - Image is Here. That’s right, a goddamned water gun. She fills it with holy water and sprays it from afar. She uses a bottle from her favorite type of soda as her holy water storage. She doesn’t always use this, because holy water can be tricky to find. But she has wandered into a church to take some before with saying a word to the people there. She got this idea from watching movies.

Other: Bisexual, has more experience with women, and feels more comfortable with them sexually. But she fantasizes about men often.
    Slayer by Alias #3

The Edited Spoiler of Information refined for relevance **

THE SLAYER

"Into every generation, there is a chosen one. One girl in all the world. She alone will wield the strength and skill to stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness; To stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers. She is the Slayer."

Slayer: A female human bestowed with mystical powers that originated from the heart of a demon.These powers include superhuman senses, strength, speed, endurance, agility, healing and occasional prophetic dreams in the fight against forces of evil.

The “Vampire Slayer”: A misnomer, every slayer primarily exists in order to hold back the constant flow of vampires. However, the “vampire slayer” is responsible for fighting against all forms of demonic evil.

The choosing: A new slayer is chosen by “the powers that be” when the previous slayer dies. Although the quote from the beginning suggests that there is one slayer per generation, that is not a rule, some slayers live for 30 years, others die within days. The choosing itself is very mystical in nature. The Powers that Be seem to have precognition, giving them the ability to choose the most viable “potential slayer” in the right location on the Earth. Being able to put the slayer in the right place allows them to ‘choose their battlefront’ appropriately.

Activation: When a slayer is ‘activated’, the chosen girl typically experiences a very distinct feeling. That feeling is different for every girl, some of them experience a rush of adrenaline, other’s experience an aggressive assault of negative sensations, other’s experience disorientation. While some, experience nothing but a tickle, another might experience a blast of energy that could quite literally knock her off her feet. The powers of the slayer are in full form from the moment of activation.

2013: All potential slayers that were ready were activated. From that time on, more slayers have activated as well at a rate of aprox. 200 a year world wide

-An investigation of powers-
    Strength: Slayers are endowed with increased physical strength greater than that of average adult humans, some demons and most, if not all, vampires.
    Speed: Slayers have the ability to move at superhuman speeds and possess bullet-time reflexes.
    Agility: A Slayer is capable of superhuman feats of agility. She can leap to great heights and distances.
    Endurance: A Slayer's body is substantially more durable and resistant to blunt force trauma than an ordinary human. Slayers also have several times the endurance of a common human, so it is difficult, though not impossible, to bruise them, break their bones or strain their joints.
    Stamina: Slayer’s have wildly advanced stamina.
    Senses: Slayers possess a heightened awareness of their surroundings. This heightened awareness can, with experience, allow the Slayer to know the position of an attacker and fight them blindfolded or in the dark.
    Prophetic Dreams: All Slayers through the ages share a psychic link, manifested in dreams. A Slayer can frequently dream of herself as a Slayer in another time and place, even before being called. They can also experience prophetic dreams related to upcoming crises, likely given to her by the powers that be.
    Other abilities:
    -Slayer’s seem to possess a natural ability to learn the art of weaponized and hand to hand combat.
    -A slayer is gifted with the dexterity and senses allowing her to throw weapons powerfully and accurately.
    -A resistance to hypnosis.
    -Special Blood, a slayer has magical blood, or at least something like it. When consumed by a vampire, it is an effective power up, and an aphrodisiac. There are magic rituals that demand a slayer’s blood, and it is required for some potions as well.

Human Awareness: Throughout all of history, most humans are completely ignorant to the fact that there is a slayer at all times to protect them from the forces of darkness

Loneliness: A slayer is supposed to be all by herself, but there is something else going on here. The presence of demonic energy within the slayer seems to reflect upon her personality. She is more likely to lose the connections of her family and friends, feeling expelled from regular life. A slayer seems to drive herself away from her former life.

POTENTIAL SLAYERS

Potential Slayers are girls born with the potential to become the Slayer, chosen by mystical forces. Potentials lack the true power of the Slayer, but have greater coordination, agility, and speed than normal human teenagers. Potentials also experience strange dreams of being Slayers from the past as well as having premonitions of the supernatural. In most cases, these girls are identified by the Watchers Council and assigned a Watcher to guide and train them so that they would be prepared if they were called to be the Slayer. Some slayers are trained from infancy. Other times, the girl is completely oblivious to her calling, remaining that way unless she is activated as the new "chosen one." Buffy Summers was one such Potential, only becoming aware of her status when her predecessor was killed and her first Watcher, Merrick, found her.

VAMPIRES

"... the last demon to leave this reality fed off a human, mixed their blood. He was a human form possessed ... infected ... by the demon's soul. He bit another, and another ... and so they walk the Earth, feeding. Killing some, mixing their blood with others to make more of their kind."
    ―Rupert Giles

Vampire: Or Vampyr, these creatures or soulless, undead demon species that can only exist on Earth by leaving their own dimension and possessing a human corpse. They can feed on the blood of any mammal, but prefer humans above all else by far.

Reproduction/Siring: A vampire need do little more than to feed their blood to a human, and then kill that human by sucking them dry in order to create another vampire. Drinking the blood of a vampire does not turn a human. And being killed by a vampire does not sire a new vampire either. Vampires oft feel an erotic sensation from the act of siring similar to orgasm. Many new vampires are sired on a whim from their sire, a sexual act of little consequence, leaving many freshly sired vampires to be abandoned by their ‘parent’ vamp.

-Death-
    Vampires turn to dust when they die. These are the things that kill them:

-Wooden objects through the heart. The larger the piece of wood, the more likely a vampire is to be killed by it. At a certain age, a simple stake is not enough to kill a vampire. Sharp wood easily pierces a vampires body, like a knife through butter.
    -Sunlight lights them on fire, and disintegrates them into dust
    -fire can dust a vampire on its own.
    -decapitation kills a vampire instantly, and of course, they turn to dust.

-Weaknesses-
    A note, while vampires have the following weaknesses, only in extreme cases are these weaknesses capable of killing them

-Crosses, the shape of a cross works to deter them, and burns them when pressed against the skin
    -Holy water. Holy water burns like hot oil, and if consumed by mistake, or if forced down the throat, holy water will dust a vampire automatically.
    -Home-right. A vampire cannot entire a domicile without being invited inside first. They can enter any public place. If a home is abandoned, it can be entered as if it were a public space. If there is a sign in front of the building that welcomes them, they can enter. This sign can be simple, ‘welcome’ on the doormat would do just fine. An apartment building can be entered, but walking into an apartment needs an invitation. Further, any space with walls and a door creates a domicile. Even if it is not a traditional home or apartment, if a human considers it to be their home, a vampire cannot enter at will. If a vampire IS invited inside, a specific ritual can be cast in order to put the invisible barrier back up to keep a particular vampire out.
    -Garlic. vampires don’t find garlic to be painful or offensive, but garlic is used in almost all anti-vampire rituals.

Vampires and The Slayer: Within vampire society, the Slayer can be described as a source of great fear. Even ancient and powerful vampires prefer to avoid confronting Slayers, keeping a low profile to prevent attracting her attention. Vampires feel a great deal of hatred towards Slayers. The killing of a Slayer is considered a great feat in vampire society.

-Powers and abilities-

-Strength: Superhuman strength
    -Speed: The ability to move at absurd speeds, and granted with remarkable relfexes.
    -Agility: vampires can jump to unnatural heights, and unnatural distances.
    -Healing/Resilience: Being undead, vampires can endure and survive near-limitless amounts of bodily damage so long as they are not decapitated, burned, or staked through the heart. If you hit them with a car, they can stand up and kick your ass.
    -Senses: Being primarily nocturnal, vampires have enhanced hearing, smell and night vision. They are especially sensitive to the scent of blood, and can distinguish individual humans and vampires by scent. They are even capable of tracking a single human down by scent that is many miles away. They have some degree of night vision. Their powers of perception are so great that, if concentrating enough, they are capable of perceiving certain minuscule details that most beings would easily overlook.
    -Fighting: Upon being sired, nearly all vampires possess an extraordinary ability in hand-to-hand combat, able to fight with great skill and shoot with great accuracy even if he or she had never possessed such skills or training as a human.

WATCHERS
    A watcher is a member of the watcher’s council, devoted to tracking and combating malevolent supernatural entities (and particularly vampires), primarily by locating individuals with the talents required to fight such beings and win. More specifically, Watchers are assigned to train and guide Slayers, Upon a Slayer's demise, her powers are transferred unto a new girl, who was then assigned a new Watcher herself.

Training: Watchers receive training from a young age and have to attend the Watchers Academy. Watchers-in-training are often forced to take part in field tests which require them to defeat an enemy. These are often set in organized conditions where a Watcher-in-training is placed in a situation without any information given to them or warning before hand, where they have to fight a vampire or demon with any means necessary. Other tests aren't organized and are merely pre-existing threats in which the Watchers-in-training are tasked in dealing with based on the information the Council has about the situation. When it comes to theory, Watchers are known to write theses on famous vampires.

Watchers swear sacred oaths that included an oath to protect the innocent. Associations with vampires, demons, and the like are shunned and considered a perversion.

Training Slayers: Watchers teach Slayers hand-to-hand fighting skills mostly in the form of martial arts as well as teaching them to use traditional slayer weapons such as crossbows, axes, swords and quarterstaves. Slayers will be trained regularly; either to learn new skills or to maintain their physical well-being. Other than physical capability, Watchers also train their Slayer's mentality and senses. Watchers shall document their Slayer's progress and ability in what is known as the Watchers Diaries. This will even include recording their Slayer's death.

THE WATCHER’S COUNCIL
    The Watchers Council, colloquially known simply as The Council, and sometimes referred as the Watcher Council of Britain, are the governing institution of the Watchers. The Council maintains operatives throughout the world in their fight against vampires and demons. The Watcher’s Council are descended from the Shadow Men, the creators of the First Slayer in prehistoric Africa. At some point the Watchers made Great Britain their centre of operations. Others offices are located in Munich, Switzerland, Rome, Cleveland and Melbourne. Despite their status as assisting the Slayer, over the years the Council has become increasingly arrogant and egocentric, believing themselves to be the supreme authority while the Slayers are just their tools. The Watcher’s Council has been known to use ethically questionable methods to accomplish its goals. The Council employs a trio of operatives known as the Special Operations Team. This team is responsible for some of the more unsavory aspects of the Council's work, such as interrogations, smuggling, and, if necessary, assassinations. The Council is also known for placing its principles and perceived goals ahead of the well-being of the Slayer. A test known as the Cruciamentum involves suppressing the Slayer's natural abilities with a drug and pitting her against a particularly dangerous vampire on the Slayer's eighteenth birthday. When one particular Watcher, Rupert Giles, defied the rules of the test and interfered in the Cruciamentum of his Slayer, Buffy Summers, he was dismissed from his position immediately. In recent years, mostly while Buffy Summers was alive, the council had an extensive amount of trouble maintaining control over their slayer. Since Buffy’s death, they have basically gone back to their old ways, being douchey, controlling, and egotistical.

DEMONS
    A Demon is a member of a class of supernatural lifeforms native to various Hell dimensions separated from Earth and generally considered to be evil due to their lack of human souls and their destructive tendencies. The term is widely used to describe any creature that was not a god, robot, unmodified human, or standard terrestrial animal. Though individual powers vary between different demon species, most, if not all, demon species possess greater strength, endurance, and natural abilities than humans.

It's unknown what specifically constitutes a demon. Demons come in a variety of shapes and forms with hundreds of known species of demon with diverse traits. Most demons are commonly bipedal or humanoid, very likely due to generations of interbreeding with humans, along with reptilian, mammalian and insectoid features such as such as claws, rough skin, horns and sharp teeth. Most demons (obviously barring the Old Ones) are sized roughly similar to or slightly larger than humans, though there can be a great deal of variance. Other demons shared an appearance closer to non-human animals, dinosaurs, and even more monstrous forms. 
    **Spoiler of information likely has hundreds of authors. It is an attempt to put the buffyverse into canon shape, compiled and edited by Alias. I slimmed it down for relevance to this rp. If anyone would like the full 16 page document, just pm me. :)

Ace Flyer

*plants interest flag*

Will start working on a CS idea and get it posted in here ASAP!

Alias

This is a good chance for me to say, boys are allowed, but only female characters. :)

SlipperySue

Alias

Quote from: SlipperySue on January 31, 2017, 07:26:20 AM
    Colour me interested.

*brings out tea and coffee* I know that sometimes, English people drink coffee too. *leaves a notepad and nineteen pens before scurrying away*

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
    A&A | FxF |
    O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Rachubka

Oooooooh, neat. I'll work on a little something something.

Alias

Wonderful, nice to see you Rachubka.

A note to any one new checking out this board: remember it is not first come first serve, and I'm willing to do multiple versions of the game, so feel free to throw your hat in the soup if that was holding you back before.

VonDoom

Very interested! I have three basic ideas  that I could expand into a full character, but am undecided -- any comments or feedback that might be of help?

Idea #1, Watcher's Legacy

Of course, this wouldn't have happened when things were still the way they used to be -- should be, according to some. This  Slayer Potential slipped through the cracks courtesy of her father, a Watcher, who had a vested interested in having her succeed him. Until she was activated.

This caused much grief with the Council and she is basically a renegade now. On the upside, she was trained to train Slayers, so her ass-kicking ability is on the up-and-up and she is very well-versed in the supernatural. Advanced lessons reserved for senior Watchers like ritual magic are not in her repertoire.  British, sassy and a bit haughty, she's very happy to be an active participant rather than a Watcher.

Idea #2, Noir Nerd turned Slayer PI

She's trying to forget her past - when she was an awkward bookish nerd and, most of all, a mystery novel nerd. Nancy Drew, Veronica Mars, even Murder She Wrote were her entry drug before she started pouring over crime noir and mystery novels whenever she could.

When she was activated, it was like an awakening - she could be like the girls in those novels! No, she would be like those girls. Confidence in spades! Deductive reasoning! Stylish and seductive!

And she managed it, too, thanks to the massive confidence boost of -- well, of having superpowers. Now she's a hard-boiled Slayer, ready to face the monsters that stalk man (with a detective novel fetish that's way, waaaay more obvious than she thinks).

Idea #3, The Pro

People die. So do Watchers. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, as they say.

Her Watcher died in the first week, when she was kidnapped by a bunch of vampires who kept her bound and alive for the high provided by her blood. She freed herself -- eventually. Friends and family killed by her captors, presumed dead, and without any idea how to contact the Council, she had to make it on her own. Not knowing what else to do with herself and her Slayer instincts, she took to bounty hunting and monster slaying, eventually running into a survivor of The Initiative, with whom she teamed up and from whom she received military training. Eventually she turned back up on the Council's radar and -- voila -- she's a proper Slayer again! Except with guns, military jackets and an independent streak.

Well, that's them. They. Something. Any thoughts? (And yes, I was totally browsing the 'pictures I want someone to play' thread for inspirations, I suck at real people faceclaims.)
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
    as old and as true as the sky;
    And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
    but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
    O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 01, 2017, 06:26:38 AM
    Very interested! I have three basic ideas  that I could expand into a full character, but am undecided -- any comments or feedback that might be of help?

Idea #1, Watcher's Legacy

Of course, this wouldn't have happened when things were still the way they used to be -- should be, according to some. This  Slayer Potential slipped through the cracks courtesy of her father, a Watcher, who had a vested interested in having her succeed him. Until she was activated.

This caused much grief with the Council and she is basically a renegade now. On the upside, she was trained to train Slayers, so her ass-kicking ability is on the up-and-up and she is very well-versed in the supernatural. Advanced lessons reserved for senior Watchers like ritual magic are not in her repertoire.  British, sassy and a bit haughty, she's very happy to be an active participant rather than a Watcher.

Idea #2, Noir Nerd turned Slayer PI

She's trying to forget her past - when she was an awkward bookish nerd and, most of all, a mystery novel nerd. Nancy Drew, Veronica Mars, even Murder She Wrote were her entry drug before she started pouring over crime noir and mystery novels whenever she could.

When she was activated, it was like an awakening - she could be like the girls in those novels! No, she would be like those girls. Confidence in spades! Deductive reasoning! Stylish and seductive!

And she managed it, too, thanks to the massive confidence boost of -- well, of having superpowers. Now she's a hard-boiled Slayer, ready to face the monsters that stalk man (with a detective novel fetish that's way, waaaay more obvious than she thinks).

Idea #3, The Pro

People die. So do Watchers. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, as they say.

Her Watcher died in the first week, when she was kidnapped by a bunch of vampires who kept her bound and alive for the high provided by her blood. She freed herself -- eventually. Friends and family killed by her captors, presumed dead, and without any idea how to contact the Council, she had to make it on her own. Not knowing what else to do with herself and her Slayer instincts, she took bounty hunting and monster slaying, eventually running into a survivor of The Initiative, with whom she teamed up and from whom she received military training. Eventually she turned back up on the Council's radar and -- voila -- she's a proper Slayer again! Except with guns, military jackets and an independent streak.

Well, that's them. They. Something. Any thoughts? (And yes, I was totally browsing the 'pictures I want someone to play' thread for inspirations, I suck at real people faceclaims.)

Oh goodness, I honestly sort of love them all. The stylization of the photo in for the noir geek is a little sharp for my taste. But that's not a request to change it, just an observation. If I had to pick one, I would go with the watcher turned slayer. That has a lot of potential. What age ranges were you thinking for these three? They all seem to be about 25-30. Love the interest! glad to have you.

:)

VonDoom

Hey, thanks, that was quick! I kind of agree on #2 and if anyone has a better image that still projects 'private eye nerd', I'll happily consider it!

And yeah, thereabouts for the ages. Noir girl could easily be younger, as could Watcher girl, but I do prefer slightly older characters and the images would be a bit off. The military thing seems less appropriate on a Slayer under twenty, at least, so her I'd definitely keep in the 25-30 range. If everyone else is going much younger, she'd probably be out.

(I was really, really trying to include five by five somewhere, but that didn't work well in descriptive. At least I managed on the up and up, ha!)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 01, 2017, 06:52:50 AM
    Hey, thanks, that was quick! I kind of agree on #2 and if anyone has a better image that still projects 'private eye nerd', I'll happily consider it!

And yeah, thereabouts for the ages. Noir girl could easily be younger, as could Watcher girl, but I do prefer slightly older characters and the images would be a bit off. The military thing seems less appropriate on a Slayer under twenty, at least, so her I'd definitely keep in the 25-30 range. If everyone else is going much younger, she'd probably be out.

(I was really, really trying to include five by five somewhere, but that didn't work well in descriptive. At least I managed on the up and up, ha!)

the age ranges are fine, and yeah I would recommend either the noir geek or the ex-watcher. They mesh with the game the best. But, I'll only let one in per game I do. If I do two versions of this, you'd be allowed to apply to both, as long as different characters were in each one, and of course, you aren't automatically in both games, or either. Just to cover my ass in case I get 30 applicants. :)

I'll keep an eye out for noir girl pics

Jag

I've been rewatching Buffy and Angel for the past month. Just finished Angel today and I've been craving a game in the Buffyverse. Definitely interested.
    Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Alias

Quote from: Jagerin on February 01, 2017, 02:23:06 PM
    I've been rewatching Buffy and Angel for the past month. Just finished Angel today and I've been craving a game in the Buffyverse. Definitely interested.

welcome to the party. :)

VonDoom

Puppet episode best episode?   ;D

(Actually, by my reckoning it's Hush. Even if Riley is in it.  O:))

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 02, 2017, 10:27:33 AM
    Puppet episode best episode?   ;D

(Actually, by my reckoning it's Hush. Even if Riley is in it.  O:))

Hush is probably the best episode. It's well regarded by non Buffy fans as good TV. My personal favorite episode is prophecy girl. I think that's the finale of season one. "Read me the signs! Tell me my fortune! Giles. I'm 16 years old... I don't wanna die."

Alias

VonDoom

Naw, still here! Had a busy weekend and I have a few current games to catch up with before I can start getting my Watcher-Girl ready, but I'll get there.  :-)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 07, 2017, 11:25:53 AM
    Naw, still here! Had a busy weekend and I have a few current games to catch up with before I can start getting my Watcher-Girl ready, but I'll get there.  :-)

just checking :)

VonDoom

I should have her ready today or tomorrow.  :-)

Still mystified about what to name her, though...

O&O

Alias

VonDoom

You should put up your own character, too! Might help.  ;)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 13, 2017, 09:21:02 AM
    You should put up your own character, too! Might help.  ;)

Thats probably a good idea, I'll do that after work today

VonDoom

Aye! And I've decided on a name: Adelaide Bernice Chandler. Called 'nice or Niss, never Bernie or any variant of Adelaide. Or she will be very cross.

;D

O&O

Alias

Hehe. Noted. I wonder which slayer I should use. I have a few ideas.... Leaves them shrouded in mystery until further notice.

LauraEhman

Still recruiting or any chance the game will ever be launched? I may be interested, really loved Buffy & Angel shows back at that time :)

Alias

I hope the game gets launched eventually. It garnered lots of interest, then poof on all accounts. I would urge you to fill out a character sheet and get the ball rolling. :)

Of course, I'll have a CS up here soonly. The game has much potential, let me know if you have any questions! It's always nice to find another buffy fan hiding on E

VonDoom

Sorrryyy, RL has been killing me more so than usual the last couple of days.  :-\ I'm definitely still here and working on it.

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 15, 2017, 11:36:08 AM
    Sorrryyy, RL has been killing me more so than usual the last coupld of days.  :-\ I'm definitely still here and working on it.

:p I believe you, now hurry!
    *lashes whip and tightens leather leggings*

WhatLiesAbove

I'm thinking about posting a CS. Do I need to know anything past the movie? I'll admit I never watched the show.

Alias

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on February 15, 2017, 04:59:21 PM
    I'm thinking about posting a CS. Do I need to know anything past the movie? I'll admit I never watched the show.

nah, not really. Just know that Buffy's story ends by making thousands of slayers, instead of just one. Otherwise, your character doesn't really have to know anything.

Rachubka

Alias

Quote from: Rachubka on February 16, 2017, 01:07:37 AM
    I'm gonna stop being a butt soon. I promise!

:D

Forgiveness magick!

me butt too. I'm putting together a couple character sheets real soon. I think I should probably show what I've got.

VonDoom

O&O

Alias

hehe, getting a couple posts done before I start falling behind, but I'll get one or two up tonight, I'm sure of it. At least... I want to be sure of it.

Alias

Here ya go!!! I also added her to the original post below the Character Sheet coding. She could swing either way. She might be more heroic, or more of an evil slayer. It depends on the other girls around her. She can be anywhere on Earth at the beginning of the game.

Full Name: Madeline Fiona Rivers (Fake Name, real name is Madeline Kelly Schoenecker)
    Eye Colour: Green, very bright
    Height: 5’8
    Weight: 116 lbs.
    Face Claim: Ellen Page
    Physical Features: Her eyes mostly, slightly more womanly, not much.

General Appearance:  Madeline has a naturally thin frame, She has a very toned and well fit form, her measurements are 32B-24-33. Maddy is muscular by nature, she has a girly six-pack, and a very little amount of body fat. She is tall for a her age. And, she has a bit of a womanly shape already, well proportioned. Her buttocks and her hips are more womanly than Ellen, but not by much. She is very long in frame, and slightly more busty than most girls with her build. Her twinkling emerald eyes are almost eerie, it doesn't look like her face should have such bright eyes, given her dark hair, and her facial structure. She dresses like a low income hipster that spends most of her money on jackets and sunglasses. She likes jeans, skirts over leggings, flats, and sneakers, she wears sweaters, and cute tops that often expose her shoulders. Her hair is wavy, long, and is usually worn down. When she is patrolling or training, she'll often put her hair in a ponytail, or wear a beanie to keep the locks under control. Maddy wears eye makeup almost every day, but not much more. She has very clean skin, soft as soft could be with very little blemishes. She has faint freckles along her nose, and naturally pale skin that tans slightly in the summer.
    Faceclaim: Ellen Page

Personality: Madeline is many sided, as in, almost everything interests her.. She is quick with her words, and brimming with energy. She is able to adapt to the people around her and the situation around her rather easily. She is remarkably curious, to the point of being nosy sometimes. She is sort of afraid of routine and boredom. Madeline almost prefers to be naive, and actually prefers to ignore the depressing truth to reality.

She is Independent, doesn’t particularly like rules, or the way that life is supposed to be lived. Maddy prefers to be left to her own devices, and the idea of having free-will is very important to her. She is flighty, and not exactly dependable in relationships. But she is a good friend, she listens well, and she is fun to be around, even when she’s not in a good mood. She is gifted at being able to internalize her problems without letting them eat her up on the inside. She likes to make everyone think that she is happy, unbothered, and stress free at all times. She can be troubled by other’s issues rather easily though, and tends to care more about her friends problems than her own.

Madeline loves to talk, and she loves to gossip. Maddy is clever, and intelligent. She tends to leave her projects unfinished, and can never decide on what she actually wants to do, and prefers to just do many things at once. She has a bit of a nervous energy about her, like a bunched up spring, she is always wound fairly tight, and her mind works on reflex. She is very in the moment, and reacting to stimulus around her takes up most of her time. Focus is not her strong suit, and boredom comes easily.

Madeline can be a bit superficial at times, she doesn’t spend a lot of time getting to know people deeply unless that person is very important to her day to day life. She is a bad judge of character, and can be quick to trust or mistrust someone on one or two of their actions.

Character Flaws/Weaknesses: Troubled Past - Madeline abandoned her family, her friends, and her entire home-life. Although, this has given her some freedom to enjoy for now, this life choice will eventually bite her in the ass. This is the kind of decision that will come around full circle, and it is only a matter of time.

Nosy - Madeline can often be too curious about other peoples lives and histories, even though she hates it when people ask too much about her background or her state of mind. She doesn't know where other people's boundaries lie. Overly honest people get along well with her, but people that don't like thinking or talking about themselves don't exactly mesh well with her.

Naive by choice - Madeline ignores reality at times. This can be especially dangerous for a Slayer. Almost everything is a childlike game to her. She ran away from her hometown for this reason. She has trouble facing real issues, the facts of life, the inevitability of death, the fact that people lie and mistrust each other. She lives in a fantasy world with a low level of danger. This is not the actual reality. This is bound to get her in trouble.

Anti-establishment - Madeline doesn't follow rules very well. She doesn't always get along with her watcher, she doesn't like listening to authority figures. She gets a simple pleasure from breaking rules and getting away with breaking those rules. For a Slayer, this is another little part of her that wil eventually get her in trouble.

Flighty - This young woman doesn't always do what she says she's going to do. She may feel like a good friend, but every now and then, she is very likely to let her friends down. She might disappear for a few days (or for a lifetime, on occasion). She is good at keeping secrets, and honor among those she considers close to her is important. But, she has a tendency to ignore the fact that other people rely on her. Again, as a Slayer, this has the potential to really weigh her down as a hero.

Scatter brain - Madeline can't focus on one thing at a time. This has it's advantages, she's good at multi-tasking, but, when it comes right down to it, her focus is never like a laser. It is always straying to and fro, glancing in all kinds of directions, and its easy for her to forget about something that she is doing. Shiny things distract her. She rarely finishes projects. Training is legitimately difficult for her, because she doesn't want to do the same thing for more than a few minutes.

Superficial - People around her are not what they always make themselves appear to be, and Madeline as trouble realizing this. She sees people at a surface level, and doesn't spend a lot of time digging deeper than this. People that are close to her are immune to this, but most people are not. She decides that people are what they appear to be. This is sort of a beautiful way to live, as peoples actions define who they are to her. The things that people project at the surface level are the things that matter to her. If something is difficult for someone to do, but they still do it, she doesn't care about what they were feeling when it happened. For example, if a student at school makes fun of a defenseless peer, she doesn't think about why that bully acted mean. She just thinks of that person as a mean person, catagorizes them as a mean person, and moves on. From that point forward, that person has a lot of hard work to do in order to convince her of anything otherwise. This little flaw can also convince her that people are trustworthy when they are lying or disguising their intentions.

History: Madeline was raised in the middle of nowhere, attended a high school in her hometown than looked nicer than it was, and was surrounded by unimportant people for most of her life. She never really got along with her family. She was the youngest of three children, all daughters and one spiteful father. Her childhood was mostly uneventful, her parents rarely fought, but her dad was never that into raising daughters. He had always wanted a son, and never got one. The Middle child, Madeline's senior by three years, was sort of a tomboy, but by the time the girl had turned into a teenager, she was more interested in boys, fashion, and pop music than sports and hunting, the things that Mr. Schoenecker had tried to raise her to love. Madeline was the baby, but unlike most of the youngest children in America, she was never coddled. Her mother loved Xanax, and her father worked most hours of the day. So, she was pretty much raised by her sister's and their boyfriends.

In her sophomore year of high school, in Ferndale, she managed to sink her hook into a hunky senior boy named Michael, and she fell for him with him bad, and he fell for her, it was something like love, but she was too young to understand what was happening. She had had boyfriends before, but none of them had really been very sexual. Maddy was a late bloomer, and her sisters had warned her about boys for most of her life. She was mostly afraid of them for the majority of her life. However, Michael was a gentle boy, and the two of them fully explored each other. Madeline lost her virginity to him at the age of fifteen just before summer break at the end of the school year... It had been prom night. She stayed with him until his untimely death.

She turned sixteen by then when it happened. She had been at home when he crashed his car. She had nothing to do with the accident, but she was traumatized anyway.

For the next three weeks, it was the only thing she heard about. Her family wouldn't let her forget about it, at least one of them asked if she was ok every day. Her friends were either scared to talk to her, or too supportive, constantly calling and inviting her out to take her mind off of the death. Madeline hated it. She wanted no part of it. So, Madeline ran away. She packed up and left. She took one small duffle bag full of clothes and ran away.

She was on the road for one week as a normal girl, on the eighth day, she recieved her Slayer powers at 10:54 a.m. She checked the time when it happened for a reason she can’t remember. Having only been a slayer for about three years. She’s never had a watcher, never had official training, and she’s still learning the tricks of the trade.

Naturally, her freedom eventually allowed her to find some trouble. It took a few close calls for her to learn how to kill a vampire, but she took to it quickly and has confiscated a few weapons and tools from her enemies.

Equipment: Stakes - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Holy Water - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Wooden Crosses - Crucial vampire slaying tool
    Javelin - Madeline's favorite weapon is a bow staff with one sharpened end, It's easy to make, used as a defensive weapon, slays vamps like no other, and can even be used as a projectile. The weapon is cumbersome though and difficult to hide, so she can't bring it with her all of the time.
    Iron Cross - A fourteen inch Iron cross that she pretty much always has on her person

Other: not so much

Alias

And #2!!
    This Slayer is a little more on the evil side, but she might fit in with a group of goody goodies if they can make her happy. :p Adding her to the original post too if the text space allows for it. Nope, she doesn't fit. She'll be just fine right here. :)

Full Name:Alice May Marker
    Hair Colour: Natural brunette, wears blonde
    Eye Colour: Green/Hazel (as pictured)
    Height: 5’6
    Face Claim: Alysha Nett
    Physical Features: Nope, just as pictured

General Appearance: Alice is a tomboy of sorts. She was always dressed in boy's clothes, and liked to keep her hair short. As she got older, her body started to develop, but her style didn’t change much. She learned to enjoy lingerie, and she learned to be risque, Alice likes to show herself off. She doesn’t mind fight in her underwear, or even naked. When she’s serious, she’ll wear some light military armor over very thin fabrics. Her ‘armor’ is more for show than anything else. Most of the time however, she wears typical clothing, t-shirts, jeans, and steel toed boots. Her breasts are full, her ass is muscular and round. Alice has a petite shape to her, but she is well shaped and mature. 32B-24-33, dress size 2.

Personality: Alice is fun, and mean at the same time. She doesn’t fuck around much. Bullshit bothers her, and she can become distrustful at times because of how much she dislikes lying. Sometimes, she can convince herself that the truth is something else, something fake, and it can drive her a bit batty. She doesn’t particular like to trust people. However, when she does learn to trust someone, she becomes a totally different person. She’s excitable, humorous, and boyish by nature. Alice has a great sense of humor, and she likes to tease her friends. She prefers to be around men. But, she has been a fairly strict lesbian her whole life.

She doesn’t much like talking about the past, nor does she like to define herself. When others do either of these things it bugs her. Even if they are friends, she likes to tell people that they’re acting like an ass when they are. Confrontation is fun for her. She’s had her slayer powers a long time, and not many people have been able to fuck with her for a long time.

Only other slayers can give her a challenge, demons are pretty exciting too. She loves the hunt, and she savors the kill.

Besides all of this, her ability to express her love is rather profound, even though she doesn’t know what it is or what to do with it. Alice knows how to treat the people she loves. She’s not a bully, she just likes to see people’s real side. And she cares for people passionately. Her other slayers are all she has.

Distrustful - Alice doesn’t deal with strangers well. And she can even get mad at people she loves in a moment of near psychotic delusion. She is a bit paranoid by nature, and needs reassurance more often then she pretends to need it. If she becomes convinced that someone is lying to her, it can get violent fast.

Rude/Judgemental/Brash - Alice doesn’t have much of filter. If it’s in her head, she’s going to say it. This can get ugly sometimes. Not everyone likes to hear her thoughts all of the time. Especially since most of her thoughts are fairly judgemental of other people

Lost - Alice doesn’t know what she wants. She lives in a mania of sex, violence, chasing, sleeping, and anger. She wants to love, but she doesn’t really know how to. Wanderlust is not enough, Alice doesn’t know where she’s going. She doesn’t even like travelling. Her favorite thing is a nice soft bed. It’s not home, but it feels like it while she’s using it. Alice has been so long without a home, she doesn’t really remember what it’s like. She clings to her lovers, the last remnant of humanity left in her.

Anger issues - Alice has a short fuse. She doesn’t like to ask a lot of questions, and information doesn’t exactly interest her. If someone is intentionally trying to make her mad, the confrontation is soon to follow. She isn’t exactly abusive to those she loves, but she absolutely can be.

Superiority complex - Alice sees herself as super human. She considers herself to be one of the most powerful things in the world. She’s yet to ever really lose a fight, she can get women when she wants them, and she has forced herself onto people before, sexually. She’s not proud of it, but she’s been to dark places. She likes to be in control of situations, and losing it can make her nervous.

Enjoys killing demons - Hurting evil is a special kind of joy. Like Faith, for those Buffy TV fans, she can get carried away. She likes spilling demon blood. She gets sexually excited after a kill. Her legitimate blood lust is a flash of real evil. She lets herself feel it, she loves it. She might be nice from time to time, but there’s something in her eyes all of the time. She wants to stab something, she’s a hunter, she’s a killer on a deep level. She’s never actually killed a person before, but she’s wanted to. Even on her worst day, Alice is aware what might happen to her if she kills a person, and she is afraid to take that step.

History: Alice was an adopted girl in New York City. She grew up there, a true city girl from the start. Her original parents were of the healthy middle class. The “2nd” of four children. Alice was adopted about eleven months after her older brother Thomas was born. Her adopted parents were Thomas’ natural parents. The next two both had the same father. But none of her siblings had the same mother.

Alice was three, her mother died. She was too young to really remember, but her older brother Thomas has always remembered it vividly. Richard, her father remarried in two years. Her new mother brought her another brother. But she and Richard divorced shortly afterward. She was deemed unfit to raise a child, and  Alice met her third mom when she was six.

It only took one year for Richard to have another child.

Alice was seven, she had a new little sister, Hailey. Her new stepmom Maria was a lawyer, and Alice hated her with a passion. Within four months of Hailey’s birth, Alice learned that she was adopted. And suddenly life became very simple: Hate your parents, hang out with your brother’s finds, fuck off at school, and wear more black. She learned she was a lesbian early on, experimenting before she was even out of childhood. Another factor that came on early in Alice’s life was her slayer powers. She was thirteen when her body was given it’s extra strength.

High school only lasted one year, but it had been a riot. She was expelled from one school, refused by another, guilty of robbery and assault, and sent to juvenile detention for four months. Due to poor behavior, her stay extended. She was there until she was sixteen, and her powers were never fully exposed. She’d had years to learn how to hide it. So, instead of being the freak, she was just the bad ass at the ‘jail’. She did anything she wanted, with anyone she wanted, and when she started to get bored, she just left. She broke out and never turned back.

A few years passed with Alice on the run. When she was almost twenty, the watcher’s council found her and brought her to England to train her. She jumped at the opportunity, and made her way over the Atlantic. She took to the training well, still the tomboy she always was, now enjoying fine European women in her off time. Instead of being sent on missions, she was being trained and prepared for serious combat. Alice stayed there for about eight months, and then… she got bored there too. She stole what she needed, knocked out who she needed and made off to Northern Europe. She preferred Norway and Sweden, but she spent a lot of time in Denmark as well.

This was Alice’s killing ground. She stalked through small towns, stole from townsfolk, and made her way from place to place hunting demons. Her goal was to create a demon free snowy paradise, but the idea had actually been easy to accomplish. In less than a year, she had mostly cleared out a large area of all boogie monsters. And, then out of boredom, she moved on.

Equipment:
    Personal Favorite: A Four foot Danish Waraxe
    Alternate main weapon: Scandanavian Broadsword 27” blade
    Wooden Stakes: vamp killer special
    Silver Dagger: for show and for fucking up werewolves
    Bow And Arrow: well trained and natural archer
    .45 Caliber pistol: She always carries it on her for emergency situations

Other:not so much

LauraEhman

Full Name: Sissy-Bree Liang
    Nationality:  Europe born Chinese, Romanian passport
    Hair Colour: natural black, usually painted red or golden
    Eye Colour: black, tends to wear colorful lenses
    Height: 1.7m
    Weight: 48kg
    Face Claim: ?
    Physical Features: She always wear pretty but escessive make up, somehow feel better that way. Long leashes, colored lenses, glossy lips. She is very thin but relatively tall, the trully skinny type of girl although that's not so unique among Asians. She has a hidden tattoo right under bellybutton, a pretty black & white naked fairy girl in luscios pose.

General Appearance: Sissy likes to wear casual and simple clothes what fit to a teenager such as jeans and T-shirts, although whenever there is an important event she still knows how to dress up and be elegant and classy. Also she does really love pretty and sometimes provocative high heels even for the most casual garments. A bit old fashioned but she can't deny her love for sexy heels. Also she is obsessed with her nails and hardly wear the same polish more than 3-4 days, she just need to try new colors and patterns whenever the mood hits her. at least twice a week. Whenever she expects action she keeps her jeans but of course switches to training shoes and wear a narrow waist black leather jacket.

Personality: Sissy used to be a cheerful, easygoing and happy girl and while she still able to pretend being like that deep inside she is filled with sorrow and hatred. She hates monsters and vampires with all her might and proves to be totally merciless when it's time to fight them. Still, she is educated, can have good manners and often acts like being naive and foolish. She is desperately looking for love and warmness but at the same time unable to link herself to someone too deeply, she is too much afraid to loose that person like she lost her parents. Therefore she became open to casual sexual encounters very easily and find joy in sex while really does her best not to fall in love and bound herself to anyone too strongly. She likes drinking and even tried some light drugs, these help her to forget her pain.

Character Flaws/Weaknesses: Few things can scare her but she saw the corpse of her parents which were tortured by fire before the vampires could open the safe and acquire that vase so Sissy became some sort of a pyrophobiac. Also she grow and pamper her nails all the time, a bit obsessed about them, and having a nail break or manicure ruined easily can drive her crazy and reckless. On a smaller scale but same applies to her toes as well.

History:  Her family was always rich, very rich, and Sissy used to be a really spoiled girl whose life was easy and full of fun. She got everything she wanted, her father was investing in the country they finally settled and built some factories while Sissy went to the best international schools and got everything, anytime. She was an only child and since her father played an internal role in their town's social life Sissy could get into any clubs, restaurants or events let it be a concert or even a secret party held only for the rich. She gained her powers on the very night when her parents dies. They were killed, at their fancy home, murdered by a gang of vampires who were sent there to steal an ancient object, a magical artifact (a vase) what was Sissy's grand granfather's possession before and was just an old family asset, they knew nothing about it's mysterious background. The vampires killed her Mommy and Daddy and ruined her life. The powers she discovered in herself were not understood but she arrived home just minutes later. Shocked and mad with pain and sorrow she ran into the woods, found and killed them. All, without exception. Not knowing what was happening to her and who those monsters were she got lost in the woods until someone, a so called 'Watcher' found her and told her about the world beyond the veil.

Equipment:  She dislike using her fists as she must protect her manicure instead she usually fights with a short and slim sword what can be easily hidden even under her leather jacket, also as violent as she can be when it's time to kill monsters she also possess a pistol filled with silver bullets.

Other: -

LauraEhman

Quote from: Alias on February 15, 2017, 11:23:52 AM
    I hope the game gets launched eventually. It garnered lots of interest, then poof on all accounts. I would urge you to fill out a character sheet and get the ball rolling. :)

Of course, I'll have a CS up here soonly. The game has much potential, let me know if you have any questions! It's always nice to find another buffy fan hiding on E

Oh well, version 0.1 is up, let me know what you think. Way not as elaborated as yours, hope something like this with some corrections could work.

VonDoom

I adore Alice.  O8)

Still not finished, but if we're sharing, here's what I have so far. History and Flaws aren't finished, appearance entries are just some stray notes and I haven't written the Personality entry yet, but still, there's a good amount of info. I hope.

[Removed, Updated Version here.]

O&O

WhatLiesAbove

Full Name: Alexis Connors
    Nationality: American
    Hair Colour: Brown
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Height: 5'3"
    Face Claim: Alexandra Daddario
    Physical Features: See picture

General Appearance: Alexis likes to show off. So typically she will be wearing things that tend to be more form-fitting. Skinny jeans, belly-shirts, V-neck tees. Even when she is working out, she will opt for yoga pants and sports bras...weather permitting, of course.

Personality: Alexis can be a bit of a flirt. Always a bit on the friendly side, she never lets it go TOO far. Still, her flirty nature allows her to be friends with almost anyone she knows. Around strangers she can tend to be a bit on the shy side, even with is recently newfound confidence.

Secretly insecure: Alexis was teased and tormented as a child. She carries those scars deep inside, always wondering if she truly is "good enough".

Flirtatious: because of her insecurities, and because she has noticed how men (and some women) look at her, she hides that insecurity with being flirtatious. At the moment it's just fun...but could at some point be a recipe for disaster?

Inexperienced: she has only had her powers for less than a year, and is still learning about them.

History: Alexis was born to professional parents in the suburbs of Boston. Growing up, her parents always put emphasis on education, and they ensured that everything Alexis did had some sort of educational asset. Is allowed her mind to grow and flourish as a child, so that by the time she was in kindergarten, Alexis was already reading at a second grade level.

While this started out as advantageous, it tended to stunt her social growth. As her school career continued, it became apparent that Alexis was more the odd-girl out. While other kids went to play on the swings and jungle gym, Alexis would sit off to the side, reading a book. On many occasions, she would be the butt end of a joke, and was often heard screaming when a bug ended up in her hair, or when an frog found its way into her desk. On more than one occasion Alexis would run home in tears.

Her parents seemed to be at a loss. Finally, when she hit middle school, they opted to put her into martial arts. It was here that she flourished, and gave her the bedrock skills that would spawn to her when she became a Slayer, though she was not aware of it at the time. It was during a particularly horrible incident with one of her long-time rivals and classmates that she was able to show she was no longer timid and defenseless. In eighth grade...just before graduating to high school, Alexis found herself cornered in the hallway just before the start of classes. She remained timid...up until her rival, Charles "Chuck" Greaves, went to push her. Automatically she was able to turn the attack, and Chuck ended up on his back. Few bothered to try and fight Alexis after that.

After the summer of her freshman year, Alexis really blossomed. Boys..and many girls...started to notice her, not as a flat wallflower, but as a desireable woman. That, mixed with the reputation she had gotten after "beating up" a guy, got her many looks, and more than one or two requests for a date. Still, she was a bit scared, and to date hasn't actually gone out on a "date".

At 16, Alexis was gifted with her powers. Nobody was aware of them but her...and the Watcher Council. That same week, Alexis got a letter describing what she was, and what she would become. She is considered one of the newer slayers, and...though the world needs slayers, is not yet "ready" to go out on her own. The Watchers know this, and at current are working on finding her someone to train with. Though her martial arts skills, mixed with her new powers, have made her a force to be reckoned with in a fight, Alexis hasn't yet learned how to kill. It is hoped that this new group forming will help her come into her own.

Equipment: Crossbow - She loves her carbon fiber, pink-camo crossbow, complete with sighting. She was gifted the crossbow at age 13 from her grandfather, who was a prodigious hunter (non-mystical creatures...only deer, pigs, and the occasional bear). It was his attempt to get her out of her shell and get outdoors more.

Other: TBD

VonDoom

Since you haven't watched the show, there's a bit of an unfortunate coincidence here - the main character of the show, Buffy, had the last name Summers. It's probably not that rare a name in the US, but something to consider.

O&O

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: VonDoom on February 17, 2017, 12:10:10 AM
    Since you haven't watched the show, there's a bit of an unfortunate coincidence here - the main character of the show, Buffy, had the last name Summers. It's probably not that rare a name in the US, but something to consider.

I'll change it. It's not THAT common.

VonDoom

Lo and behold, I think I'm done! At least with the first full version. Cheers!

[Removed, Updated Version here.]

O&O

Alias

These are looking great guys! Yay!

I've had a busy few days and honestly haven't had a chance to give the sheets the time they deserve. But when I'm off work later I'll dig deep into bed and read them real good.

VonDoom

Woo! I know I already said I love your Alice, but I think her and Niss might get along just like fire hoses*! Which is to say, they have some very striking similarities when you look closer at their motivations. (Well, that and they both stole all their stuff from the Watchers, so there's that.  ;D)

(*Obligatory VtM Bloodlines reference.)

O&O

RedEve

What would the narrative of this game be focused on, primarily?
    "I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
    My ons and offs- My F-list

Alias

Quote from: RedEve on February 19, 2017, 08:02:29 AM
    What would the narrative of this game be focused on, primarily?

A sandbox game, exploration, freedom, hunting demons. We would find a purpose. ;)

Jag

I was interested, but I got sick and kids got sick and didn't have time to work on a profile. Seems like you have the five you needed, so I'll hold off for another game if you ever expand it. ^^

Alias

Quote from: Jagerin on February 19, 2017, 12:20:03 PM
    I was interested, but I got sick and kids got sick and didn't have time to work on a profile. Seems like you have the five you needed, so I'll hold off for another game if you ever expand it. ^^

This game isn't first come first serve, and even if it were. I still need 1 more slayer.

Jag

Quote from: Alias on February 19, 2017, 12:21:35 PM
    This game isn't first come first serve, and even if it were. I still need 1 more slayer.

I thought I counted five. Maybe I miscounted. I will see what I can work up. Still not 100% recovered here at my house. Stupid flu.

Alias

Quote from: Jagerin on February 19, 2017, 12:25:17 PM
    I thought I counted five. Maybe I miscounted. I will see what I can work up. Still not 100% recovered here at my house. Stupid flu.

that's ok. You probably did count five. Alice and Maddy are two example characters, both are mine, and only one will be in the actual game. Feel free to take your time, family is important.

Jag

Full Name: Karima "Karma" El-Hashem
    Nationality: Middle Eastern
    Hair Colour: Black
    Eye Colour: Caramel Brown
    Height: 5'5''
    Weight: 145lbs
    Face Claim: Mahafsoun
    Physical Features:

Has ten non-facial piercings (not gonna tell you where though).

General Appearance: Everyday clothing tends to be very stylized. She likes leather and lacy corsets, spiky heels, stockings (rather than tights), silks, and lots of makeup. She's happy to be dolled up, but it tends to be in blacks, reds, browns, and greens. Nothing bright. Very few get to see her dressed down. Having been a belly dancer in her late teens - early twenties, she is very comfortable with her body. She doesn't mind various states of undress (for her or anyone else). Though, lately, she has taken to more days of jeans or t-shirts for ease of wear.

Personality: Karma is a ball of unrestrained energy. She wakes early and beds late. She isn't a morning person or a night person, she's an all day person. As a child, her parents regretted the day she learned to talk, because she never stopped. She woke up with something to say and even talked in her sleep sometimes.

Karma is completely unashamed of herself. She's flirty and unabashed by her desires. Friends have called her boarderline hedonistic, but she manages to calm down in times of importance.

When focused and calm, she is very single minded. These bouts of single-mindedness may not last long, but while they do, she is generally quiet and very detail oriented.

Vanity: Karma does tend to focus on her appearances. While she doesn't care about what other people look like, she does have excessive pride in her own appearance. In extreme cases, she will become flustered or outright angry if people make comments about her appearance that are less than compliments.

Lack of Personal Space: Karma doesn't understand the idea of a personal bubble. She's hands-on and doesn't always get that people aren't okay with being hugged or kissed or touched in some way.

Trust: Karma is very trusting. She hasn't learned how to be wary of other people who might be less than human (despite their appearances).

Loud Voice: Karma tends to go into a small shock if a certain tone of voice is used.

History: Till she was thirteen, Karma was raised in a fairly traditional home. It was less Middle Eastern traditional, where her father's family came from, and more 1950s American traditional. She was taught how to cook and clean from her mother, like a proper woman should for when she marries. She was taught how to sew and how to always have supper ready for when the man of the house came home. Karma knew her father had a mean streak inside of him. He showed it when her mother was less than 'right'. He never hit, but he had a way of raising his voice and she always knew to stay in her bedroom if she heard that tone. It was a "I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed" tone.

When she was thirteen, she started a habit of changing clothes when she got to school. Keeping a box of clothes her family would consider inappropriate under her bed and sneaking it to school in her backpack. She would start putting on black and red lipstick, wear shoes with heels, wear skirts shorter than her knees, and putting on god awful amounts of blue eye shadow. Her friends convinced her into dance classes, along with helping her learn how to do make up more properly.

She brought home her first girlfriend at 16 and her father threatened to throw her out. Rather than waiting to be thrown out, she ran away with the other girl. The relationship was short lived, with the other girl leaving her to go back home. Karma refused to go home though. She was happy to be on her own. Fake IDs and finding simple work at diners kept her going till she turned eighteen and she started dancing (as a stripper and a belly dancer). She never made it to any kind of professional stage or anything high paying, but she was happy. Her mother found her and tried to convince her to come home till she found out what kind of work her daughter had been doing. She called her a whore and told her she should be ashamed of herself, but Karma couldn't find it in her to be ashamed. She was happy with herself and her choices.

Till her powers came.

Her slayer powers activated and things felt different. At first she only noticed the change to her stamina. She could dance longer without getting tired. She could work out more without feeling strained or drained. It was nice at first.

Then the vampires came. A nest of them had taken up in town. She was late getting to work that evening and the moment she touched the club door handle, she knew something was wrong. The nest had drained the club dry. All of the girls she worked with, several customers, and the security were all dead. A few of them tried to grab her as she fled, but she managed to take one of them down before getting away. When she got home, she found herself greeted by a man who claimed to be her 'watcher'.

It didn't take much to convince her of everything. Karma had always been an open minded person. But after six months of draining training and having regiments pounded into her head by the over attentive man, she did as she always had in the past. She ran away. This time, though, she was better prepared.

Equipment:

Khopesh is an Egyptian sickle-sword that evolved from battle axes. A typical khopesh is 50–60 cm (20–24 inches) in length, though smaller examples do also exist. The blunted edge of the weapon's tip also served as an effective bludgeon, as well as a hook.

Cumber-Jung is a double ended flail. Composed by a straight wooden stick of about 45 cm, with 30 cm chains on each end. Queste balls at the end of each chain are made of iron, with a blade wrapped around the ball.

Other: Karma is a good cook and clothing mender thanks to the teachings her mother gave her as a child. Her makeup skills come in handy for covering up battle bruises and marks.

Alias

Another good sheet.

For anyone new to the thread here, I'm still accepting characters. One of the sheets in the room here has been retracted. So I could still use some fresh blood.

VonDoom

Oh, Alias, any thoughts as to the comment on the Slayer Emergency Kit in my app? It could be something entirely different, too, but her having stolen something plot devicey when she left would make for a convenient plot hook, since as a Watcher trainee from a respectable line, she'd probably know where some fancy stuff was stashed away.  O:)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on February 20, 2017, 10:05:35 AM
    Oh, Alias, any thoughts as to the comment on the Slayer Emergency Kit in my app? It could be something entirely different, too, but her having stolen something plot devicey when she left would make for a convenient plot hook, since as a Watcher trainee from a respectable line, she'd probably know where some fancy stuff was stashed away.  O:)

Sure. I don't see why not. Although that device was mostly drained during season seven on The show. Maybe it's full of new gear? We'll work on what's inside of it eventually. ;)

VonDoom

O&O

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Alias

GM ANNOUNCEMENT

On March 5th, I will call an end to recruitment. New sheets recieved in that time can still be edited. But no new sheets can be submitted after that. In the event of people dropping out, this time will be extended, of course. Roll call! Are you still interested if you've applied? New players are allowed to submit characters. Already submitted characters have time to be finalized. That's right? need more?

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the tea and the coffee.

*refreshes all the supplies including more notebooks and more pens.* - *Puts down a freshly baked Strawberry-rhubarb pie* -

So! It's been a little while since much has happened, but I'm not discouraged. There has been a bit of a delay, but the only reason is because I want to make sure that interested people have time to apply.

I'm doing a roll call for new players and ones that have already applied. I plan on starting to move things forward with the game in a week. So next sunday, the fifth of March, I'll be be cutting off new applications, and I'll start making decisions about who will be in the game. After that, we'll get rolling into real character connections, and figure out the scaffolding of the game (setting, who the de facto leader is, evil or good, etc.)

I hope everyone is being patient. "I was being patient. But it took too long." -Anya Jenkins. It's not necessarily a virtue I have, but it's been a part of this process for sure. I still want to provide some time for new sheets. I've recieved a lot of pms and messages from interested players, and I don't want to count them out for any reason.

But I also think it's unfair to make the people who have already submitted a character to wait so long. So I do have to put a deadline in on the character sheet entries. This counts towards new players and players that want to sharpen up their sheet to increase the odds of entry. Everything can always be improved. As the GM I do have a specific rulebook to follow while reviewing applications. And even my slayers don't fit the bill as the perfect character. If you'd like to work with me at all on the character to keep yourself interested in the project. I'd be happy to do so!

If you would like improve your submitted character, pme me.
    If you would like to submit a new character pm me or post it here.

I don't want to clutter this board up with repeated character sheets. But I'd LOVE to see some new ones. :)

I know it's sort of rude to make this kind of entry, but I think it's really important. I've turned down good writers that were also good people just because the fit wasn't quite right. And don't forget! I'm so against exclusion. If I get tons of sheets, I'm doing multiple versions of this. And I have at least 3 other slayers in my mind that could come out upon request. So, if I had time for them, I could probably do five versions of this game. Which would make for 20 Original PCs from other people. Keep em coming guys! :)

And lastly, I completely understand if you've lost interest, this game has taken a while to get going, but I feel like it'll be worth it.

Loves to all!!!
    See you soonly

VonDoom

While we're at it, here's the updated version of my character writeup for everyone to enjoy!

Full Name: Adelaide Bernice Chandler, called Niss.
    Nationality: UK
    Eye Colour: Dark Brown
    Height: 1.70 m
    Weight:  68 kg
    Face Claim: Юли Ана
    Physical Features: A thin scar running down from her left armpit to her hip, muscular built comparable to
    a professional athlete
    usually hidden by choice of wardrobe

General Appearance: 

Niss is an attractive woman who is clearly feminine, yet eschews more flattering garments in favor of gender-neutral formal wear. Her brunette hair tied together into a low-knot bun, practical and elegant, to keep it from spilling just past her shoulders at its current length. She is a classic brunette with dark brown eyes and dark but elegant brows, a straight nose and full lips beneath, all framed in the context of angular cheekbones, a softly pointed chin and fair skin with a smooth healthy look to it.

For how much she professes to dislike the Watchers and their Council,  Niss certainly still dresses like one of them. When afforded the luxury, she wears custom tailored mohair suits: measured to hide her muscular build, maintain maximum flexibility, comfort and add a flair of decorum whilst also providing addition protection. They usually consist of a white silk dress shirt, a black jacket color-matched by her pair of pants and a tie to complete the image. Her favorite tie holds a shiny brown-red gem just above her collar-bone, but there is no particular meaning attached to it.

Her shoes, too, have been chosen to match style with practicality - her entire selection consists of Jodhpur boots with added steel-toe protection. And a reinforced hollow heel which hides a pocket knife and lockpicks. Of course, one must not forget the hidden compartments in her jacket, the shoulder straps and leg straps that hold anything from thin holy water flasks to knives to her beloved dagger cross. The only thing she can't comfortably add to her hidden ensemble are larger weapons such as her spatha sword or crossbow. When she carries those, she wears shoulder straps.

Though her set of suits are rather sturdy and suitable for nature trekking, sometimes different clothes are called for - she owns a stolen set of tactical gear that is reserved for full on one-woman-against-a-hundred type battles as well as a variety of different uniforms (even her old riding outfit and crop) and outfits from formal dresses to urban wear. None of these are habitual and she only pulls them out when absolutely necessary - to blend in or infiltrate.

Personality:

A current of energy held under the tight leash of class and professional elegance. Niss has little patience for bullshit or foolishness and isn't afraid to call others out on it -- but always with class.

Sure, she went a little crazy after she became a Slayer, was betrayed by everyone she looked up to and strived to be like, enough to burn her old bridges and renounce her own name, but her sensibilities haven't changed because of it. She didn't get a punk haircut or start wearing lots of leather. If she lets all that change who she is, what she believes in -- well, then they'd have won, wouldn't they? She decided to be better than them, to unify what a Watcher is and what a Slayer is all in one. In a world where you can have more than one Slayer, should their knowledge and training not be passed down from Slayer to Slayer, without the need for organizations corrupted by power and time?

She believes this, but isn't quite certain whether she wants the responsibility. That's okay, though -- she still has time to figure that out. To grow spiritually, to fight evil and follow both instinct and intellect.

As a direct result of her falling out with the Watcher's Council, she has a strong aversion against shadowy organizations and those who want to control others under the veneer of guidance.

She has no real problem with rudeness or foul language anymore, but doesn't indulge herself. This tends to infuriate people who direct the former towards her, which she considers a bonus.

When it comes to fighting she is surprisingly practical and aggressive -- anyone expecting a fancy fencing technique from her will be surprised. She always deals with opponents in the most efficient (and usually permanent) way, practicing a ruthless combination of Krav maga, Escrima and  a few others to form her own style - she eschews many of the common techniques suited only to disabling humans such as nerve strikes in favor of moves that rely on physical principles as well as her extensive knowledge of demonic anatomy to target their weaknesses.

When it comes to her sexuality and gender, she has a few hang-ups left over from her youth and some produced by the betrayal of her father. She views herself as a woman, but doesn't have much use for traditional gender roles and considers it a mere physical fact of life -- Slayer first, anything else second. She did have an interest in boys growing up, but her bisexual inclinations have since firmly moved into lesbian territory -- or rather, Slayer territory.  Having built up the image of 'The Slayer' inside her mind for most of her training, about what an ideal and ferocious force of good the Slayer should rightfully be, now that she has become one herself, ordinary women just don't have the same spark. Slayers, coming together, fighting together, the rush and power and sexuality -- that's what gets her going. She tends to come on strong and demanding -- another point that's in favor of Slayers, since they don't tend to scare as easily.

What really gets under her skin and makes her lose her composure? Her father. The Watcher's Council. Fellow former Watcher trainees. Demons and vampires are her enemies and their machinations are of course often terrible and deeply vengeful, but that's their nature -- the Watchers and her father were of her kind, her family. With them it's personal and she can get a little unhinged and excessive when forced to deal with them.

Arrogance and Derision - Having trained from an early age and built up her physique and knowledge to fight monsters as an ordinary person, granted the advantages of a Slayer, Niss is very confident in her abilities to handle any situation and can be dismissive towards those who don't take their training seriously. She would have loathed early Buffy Summers and chided Giles as dangerously indulgent. With their group, she'd be trying to keep it down, but it's deeply ingrained and will come through at times.

Watcher Training - As much as it is a boon, her Watcher training is also steeped in Watcher methods and prejudice. Unlike the Council's secret enforces, she has no modern weapon training to speak of and holds a good amount of disdain for them. It also doesn't really occur to her that some demons or demon species might be harmless or beneficial.

Busy Bee - Niss doesn't enjoy wasting time and needs to keep busy. The need to be productive and perform has been instilled from an early age -- she realized by now why she has this nigh-compulsion, but doesn't usually consider it a problem. It's difficult to get her to relax and just as difficult  to make her understand that she needs to.

Sexual Hangups - Niss is strongly attracted to fellow Slayers and women of power, but has doubts about her sexuality she tries to conceal. Whether it's just some sort of mystical attraction caused by their connected essence. Whether she would have liked girls if that wasn't there. Whether she's just projecting the betrayal of her father onto other men.

Shame! Shame! - Being raised in an old-fashioned household, lesbian relationships carry a 'sinful' connation to Niss that she hasn't gotten over fully yet. As a result she throws herself as hard into her relationships as she can, to prove to herself that she isn't beholden to the 'old ways'.

Body Image - She is confident and physical for the most part, but resents having her body seen by ordinary humans. Too many negative reactions when she was a teenager, by boys and girls, have left her  with an innate vulnerability about it. Women who register as 'fellow warriors' with her don't trigger these usually, but the wrong words or actions at the wrong time might.

History:

Lady Adelaide Chandler was born the only daughter of the Chandler family. British nobility and old money, the Chandlers were a pillar of upper-class society and at times even had members elected as Lords Temporal in the House of Lords. They were also part of the Watcher legacy. Her father and current head of the household, Lord Graham Chandler, raised his only daughter alone after the early passing of his wife, one Bernice Chandler. Lacking any other heirs, he trained her to succeed him as a Watcher, providing full tutelage on the supernatural, the true history of the world (as believed by the Watcher Organization) and other mystic lore, enhanced martial arts training, tactical knowledge and just about everything else that a Watcher needs to know in order to train a Slayer from a very early age.

After all, if a Chandler doesn't excel at her duties, what good is she? Luckily for him, Adelaide was a quick study and apt pupil. Less fortunate, however, was that at some point into her training he discovered that she was a Slayer Potential. Good thing that the actual likelihood of being Chosen was fairly small -- and that the current Slayer, one Buffy Summers, seemed to have quite a bit of staying power. So her father hid that little detail and kept on with her training.

At the age of seventeen, Adelaide was well on her way to Watcher status. Some claimed her to be a prodigy, though she always attributed it to her diligent training and dutiful father. Of course, when everything is going a little too well, sooner or later the Fates demand their due -- the balance was upset, a magical ritual broke the old ways and Potentials all over the world started to awaken as fully realized Slayers. So did Adelaide. Not knowing her own strength for the first time in her life, she hospitalized a training partner when a kick sent him crashing multiple feet back and into a wall -- her awakening had been irrevocably revealed.

She trusted in her father to help her through this, but for the first time was betrayed and had to come to terms with some harsh realizations about herself and her place in the world. Graham thought status and tradition more important than his daughter -- when she learned that he had known about her potential and hidden it, not to protect her but himself and their family line, she was crushed at first -- and then angry.

The actions that came from her anger back then pretty much ruined any chances of reconciliation with the Watcher's Council -- beating agents meant to bring her in to an inch of their lives, breaking into safehouses and stealing equipment and resources, even burning one of their libraries to the ground when she was cornered there. This was also the cathartic point in which she denied her inheritance and abandoned her old identity as 'Lady Adelaide Chandler'. From now on, she would simply call herself Niss, from her second name Bernice.

Eventually she fled the country, going on a spiritual journey -- seeking out evils that were well past due for their destruction, spiritual sites and places within which one might commune with benign higher beings, such as the Powers That Be.

Equipment:

Niss carries and is highly skilled with the traditional repertoire of Slayer weapons, which includes the simplistic selection of stakes, crosses and holy water, but also with all manner of melee weapons and crossbows.

When she expects trouble, she carries a crossbow and an unnamed spatha sword inscribed with a combination of holy scriptures and mystic runes that make it an effective tool to harm demons immune to mundane weaponry.

Her constant companion is a cross-shaped steel dagger, which provides her with a quick way to ward off vampires and handle other attackers.

A set of custom-tailored suits

Various outfits for infiltration purposes, including military tactical.

A stolen Slayer Handbook.

A giant wooden trunk with a heavy padlock, a combination lock and an electronic lock for the actual steel safe inside that has all her stuff. It can be moved by two grown men only with great difficulty -- a Slayer can manage, but it's still unwieldly and better transported by mechanical means.

A car. Usually rented under false ID.

False IDs. Various types, from driving licenses to investigative agencies to law enforcement to press passes. She makes them herself (it does require the right materials, ideally a real one to modify) and will have provided similar to fellow Slayers who don't already have their own. These do not hold up to digital cross-references.

[A Mysterious Plot Thing]

Other:

No Uatu puns anymore, sorry.

O&O

Alias

Keep em coming everyone! We still have five days of open applications. Final drafts have no due date, so don't worry about it being a perfectly polished sheet. I'd love to see some more ideas!

Jag

As much as I would love a Buffyverse game (I really, really would)...I feel like I should step aside now before it starts. I'm not in the best of places right now. I thought I could handle it, but as the days tick on...I realize that I can't. I'm very tired and I just know I won't be able to even put out a post a week in the state I'm in.

Alias

Quote from: Jagerin on March 01, 2017, 05:23:30 PM
    As much as I would love a Buffyverse game (I really, really would)...I feel like I should step aside now before it starts. I'm not in the best of places right now. I thought I could handle it, but as the days tick on...I realize that I can't. I'm very tired and I just know I won't be able to even put out a post a week in the state I'm in.

that's ok. I think it was brave of you to say this. Take care of yourself, it's important.

VonDoom

Sad to see you go, but health concerns are always first priority. I hope things will get better for you.

O&O

Alias

GM Note: Thread rework underwaycompleted to reflect status. Keep em coming guys, deadline is gone. No pressure now, I'm gonna let this game breath a while, and allow some time for new applications to come in. I see no reason to force it to start before it's ready. I might just keep making slayers for fun and stockpiling them somewhere.

Edit: large spoiler in original post has been reduced to relevant information

WhatLiesAbove

Alias

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on March 02, 2017, 10:21:02 PM
    How many character are we allowed?

I would like to restrict it to just one for now. I'd like the game to have each character acting independently. But you can make another Slayer if you want. It couldn't hurt at this point. lol. If the interest keeps lingering down here, I'd rather have one or two players with two characters than no game at all.

VonDoom

Well, my love of Buffy hasn't waned in ... however many years it's been since it was first released on German TV (before I graduated to the originals), so you can count my application as pretty much open ended, however much delay there might be.

Maybe it'd help to spell Buffy out in the topic? There have to be many more fans out there ... though a fan would recognize the Hellmouth reference, probably, even if the abbreviation doesn't immediately register ...

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on March 06, 2017, 04:46:17 AM
    Well, my love of Buffy hasn't waned in ... however many years it's been since it was first released on German TV (before I graduated to the originals), so you can count my application as pretty much open ended, however much delay there might be.

Maybe it'd help to spell Buffy out in the topic? There have to be many more fans out there ... though a fan would recognize the Hellmouth reference, probably, even if the abbreviation doesn't immediately register ...

I love your enthusiasm. I'm keeping things open for now, and I have a plan or two in the works for gathering interest that might involve some shameless pming to some of my old partners. I'm glad you're sticking around. This will clearly be one of those games that will take a while to get going. But I think it will be amazing when we get to the place we want it to be.

Thanks again for being so friendly and sticking around with me in my little obsession.

Callie Del Noire

Alias

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 06, 2017, 07:28:22 PM
    Wish I'd seen this before.. :D

Be glad you found it now too! We're still in a holding pattern and waiting for applications

Callie Del Noire

I had an old BTVS character.. one of Maggie Walsh's earlier experiments.. trying to build her very own Slayer.. sorta like a 80s era frankenstein but 'buffy cute'.

Working on stuff right now but I'll try to think up something.

Alias

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 06, 2017, 08:13:55 PM
    I had an old BTVS character.. one of Maggie Walsh's earlier experiments.. trying to build her very own Slayer.. sorta like a 80s era frankenstein but 'buffy cute'.

Working on stuff right now but I'll try to think up something.

I would urge you away from a frankenslayer. :p
    Sort of messes with the theme a bit. Excited to see what you come up with. I'm happy to help if you need anything.

yaracyrrah

I would like to play and I'm working on a character.  Would it be okay if she were only very recently activated?  (The crisis that activates her could be the reason why so many other Slayers happen to be in the same place at the same time, if that would be convenient.)

VonDoom

Slayers didn't unilaterally awaken with the axe event from what I remember, at least not in the comic continuation. It's Alias' call, obviously, but from a source material standpoint there's nothing to contradict a later activation.  :-)

O&O

yaracyrrah

According to the intro post, all then-eligible potentials were activated in 2013 but more potentials have been activated since, so I expect that my character would simply not have been old enough in 2013.  If Slayers are activated automatically when they become old enough (age 16?), then MC would be 16 now.  If activation tends to wait for a crisis, she could be as old as 19.

Alias

Quote from: yaracyrrah on March 07, 2017, 11:41:31 AM
    I would like to play and I'm working on a character.  Would it be okay if she were only very recently activated?  (The crisis that activates her could be the reason why so many other Slayers happen to be in the same place at the same time, if that would be convenient.)

I like the place your heads in. Go ahead and pm her to me when you're done so that we don't spoil any potential surprises.

yaracyrrah

And here's Miranda.  Spoiler: her activation will occur during play :).

Full Name: Miranda Rochelle Jones
    Nationality: United States
    Eye Colour: Brown
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 135#

General Appearance: http://imgur.com/a/GiqWH .  Miranda is spectacularly athletic and doesn't mind showing it.  She strongly prefers clothes she could sprint in if she had to.  On the other hand, she's more than capable of looking stunning in formal wear when she decides to put in the effort.

History: Miranda is the oldest of three children of a suburban professional couple.  Her life was happy and basically normal until she hit puberty.  Miranda always loved sports, but when she hit puberty (and her Slayer potential began to express more strongly) she became an athletic superstar.  Unfortunately, while she had plenty of goals to run toward, she also had plenty to run from: she began to be plagued by nightmares, the contents of which she refused to divulge even to the psychologist her parents and coaches urged her to see.  (Enough of the dreams involved fighting that she began to study martial arts.)  She was diagnosed with clinical depression, but medication didn't help.  Exercise relieves her stress, and Miranda pushes herself to exhaustion almost every day to help herself sleep.  She keeps her grades decent, but she rarely socializes apart from team events.  She often goes out late at night to run or work out.

Personality: Miranda is driven by two forces: an affirmative desire to make the best use of her athletic gifts, and raw terror that she still might not be capable of fighting the creatures she sees in her nightmares.  She's often grim and sometimes sullen, and often has to visibly hold back criticism.  She's open about her diagnosis of depression because it's a better excuse than the truth about her dreams.

*Depression: Even if (as she believes) Miranda's depression is entirely caused by her nightmares, she displays many of the symptoms typical of clinical depression, most notably irritability.

*Insomnia: Miranda rarely gets a full night's sleep.  Her protosuperhuman stamina keeps her functional, but she's rarely at her best.

*Ignorance: Miranda has no idea what's going on and no knowledge of, let alone experience with, demonic foes.

Equipment: None yet.

Alias

Quote from: yaracyrrah on March 08, 2017, 05:39:22 AM
    And here's Miranda.  Spoiler: her activation will occur during play :).

Full Name: Miranda Rochelle Jones
    Nationality: United States
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 135#

It should be noted that age is subject to change for this character upon request. But will not be enforced until all player character decisions have been made.

AmandaWho

Character sheet for your perusal ...

Full Name: Aspen Oscuro
    Nationality: US
    Hair Colour: Dark chestnut brown
    Eye Colour: White (originally dark brown)
    Height: 5’ 6”
    Weight: 120#
    Face Claim: Jessica Alba
    Physical Features: Her eyes, although originally a dark brown, are mostly whited over as a result of her childhood accident that blinded her.

General Appearance: Aspen is a study in simple elegance. She keeps her hair length just down past her shoulders, simply styled. She likes loose fitting clothing, usually simple tank tops and shorts. She generally likes to have her skin exposed as she relies on her sense of touch a great deal, she wants to be able to feel as much as possible.

Physically, she’s in superb athletic shape, the visible tone of her muscles the only thing giving away that her slight frame is capable of more than some may realize. She is a beautiful woman with a delicately shapely figure and a striking face, all of which she is mostly unaware of since the last time she saw her own reflection was when she was nine years old.

Personality: Aspen is a sneaky snark, she is often quiet which leads people to believe she isn’t paying attention, when in fact her silence indicates she is intensely paying attention to her surroundings. When she speaks, she enjoys firing out a sarcastic observation that surprises her sighted friends, a tone of voice she never gets tired of hearing.

She has a strong desire to help disadvantaged people, and nothing draws her ire more than witnessing a debilitated person being abused. Aspen rarely shows anger, preferring to maintain her composure, but she usually can’t contain herself when facing an abuser.

Aspen projects quiet calm and strength, characteristics she has developed in order to survive, not just in body but in mind and spirit. She is loath to admit just how afraid she often is, and she is slow to trust others.

Blindness: Aspen is completely blind and has been since she was nine years old. Although she is capable and self-sufficient, including having the use of her slayer-enhanced senses, she still must often rely on conventional tools and strategies to compensate for her disability.

Fear Of Trust:
    The five or six years following her accident were rough for Aspen. In addition to dealing with a world she could no longer see, she also experienced bullying at her schools from people taking advantage of her. Her initial reactions to such treatment was self-loathing, identifying with the abuser’s taunts and believing she should be mocked. In high school a boy took a liking to her and she dated him, her first relationship. She lost her virginity to him only to discover the next day that he had been manipulating her from the beginning, that their relationship was nothing more than a bet he had made with his friends to see if he could bed the blind girl. This experience sent Aspen into an emotional tailspin that almost resulted in a suicide attempt until she was interrupted by an unexpected vision (more on this below). Aspen has recovered her emotional strength and is now very self-assured, but those teenage traumas are burned into her soul and create a barrier between her and those who wish to get close to her.

History: Aspen grew up in a typical middle income American household, with two loving parents and a caring brother. One afternoon when she was nine years old, her brother invited her to the backyard to watch him launch a rocket he had built. Young Aspen stood in a flowered summer dress as her brother proudly lit the fuse on The Intrepid, only to have the rocket explode, sending burning hot chemicals across the backyard. Aspen took a hit of the chemicals directly in her face, screaming in agony as she clawed at her eyes that felt like they were burning through into her skull. It didn’t take doctors long to inform her parents that Aspen would never see again.

The next few years were spent in depression, withdrawal, and training with therapists and social workers in how to deal with the world. While her family loved her and explored every resource to prepare her for her life ahead, her life elsewhere became a growing nightmare. Children at her elementary school, then middle school, often taunted her. There were a small group who especially tormented her, and Aspen struggled with issues of self-acceptance and trust.

An especially traumatizing experience with the first boy she made love to, in high school, almost destroyed Aspen. The day after she had given herself to him and felt the first true happiness in six years, she discovered at school that it had all been a cruel joke. Aspen called her mom and told her she would be late that day, staying for music club where she played violin. Instead, Aspen took a bus to downtown and went to the roof of a twelve story office building. She stood on the edge of the structure, wearing a flowing summer dress not unlike the one she had worn when she had her accident at nine, extended her arms wide, and was about to let herself fall forward when her mind suddenly filled with … images, visual images that were so realistic she felt she was seeing again. She saw a woman running down an alley, terrified, and a shape chasing her.

Aspen stepped back off the edge and stood on the roof for hours, puzzling over the vision, her mind reeling, before heading back down when a guard told her that night had fallen and she had to get home. Aspen wandered the streets, tapping her cane, unaware of which direction she was heading until she stopped, sensing that she was in the location of her vision. She heard the woman scream, just like she had in the waking dream, and she knew it had been real. Aspen stood there as the woman ran past, and then … the thing … arrived. It pounced on her, and Aspen shocked herself by instantly responding, gripping it with strength she did not know she possessed, and destroying the creature with her bare hands. She knelt in the alley, feeling the body of the monster dissolve into dust in her fingers, her mind reeling.

Since that time, Aspen has paid attention to her visions. She studies them, believing that she has been chosen for a new purpose in life. In the years that followed she shocked her parents by enrolling in martial arts classes, especially the grappling arts like Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, Aikido, and Judo. She discovered that not only were her strength extraordinary, but her sense of hearing and touch were beyond those of others. She learned to focus on those senses, her tactile form of grappling often easily overcoming her sighted opponents for whom vision became a hindrance when touch was the only sense that mattered.

And she killed. At night, when the visions directed her, Aspen would put herself in harms way and destroy monsters. She did not know how this was happening, or what the monsters were, and it took her some time to convince herself that she wasn’t insane and that this was real. She accepted.

Aspen had already known that monsters were real, she had encountered them with the accident that had taken her sight and the cruelty of her classmates. The universe was giving her a chance to touch monsters, and tear them limb from limb. Aspen was fully good with that.

Equipment: Aspen does not use weapons that extend beyond her body, preferring to grapple her opponents and get them into binding holds. She carries on herself a small assortment of short, serrated knives that she uses to cut monsters once she has them in a lock. She discovered by accident that some monsters die almost instantly from wood thrust into their heart, so she keeps about a half dozen short stakes on herself as well. She can usually tell which monsters need the wooden weapons by using her sense of smell, they smell like rotten blood.

Alias

We're getting some good applications here. I'm still gonna wait a little bit to make sure everyone gets a chance. I know a few people are working on a character still.

If anyone is getting impatient, dont be shy. I have an open door policy with everything. pm or ooc, whatever you're more comfortable with.

loves to all.

VonDoom

Yay for blind Slayer! Thinking of Jessica Alba in an action role, anyone else seen the short-lived Dark Angel series?

(Let's not talk about the Fantastic Four movie.)

O&O

Alias

Quote from: VonDoom on March 13, 2017, 02:16:23 PM
    Yay for blind Slayer! Thinking of Jessica Alba in an action role, anyone else seen the short-lived Dark Angel series?

I lovvvvved dark angel!!!

AmandaWho

Quote from: VonDoom on March 13, 2017, 02:16:23 PM

I loved Dark Angel, too :)

Doomsday

Stating my interest :-) I'll try to make a sheet within the next few days. Thinking my slayer is incredibly violent and bloodthirsty. Slaying is just a means of exercising her (figurative) demons. I'm thinking she's going to struggle often with the temptation of becoming a vampire herself.

Alias

Quote from: Doomsday on March 16, 2017, 12:50:40 AM
    Stating my interest :-) I'll try to make a sheet within the next few days. Thinking my slayer is incredibly violent and bloodthirsty. Slaying is just a means of exercising her (figurative) demons. I'm thinking she's going to struggle often with the temptation of becoming a vampire herself.

OOoooOO, that's dark. :p
    looking forward to it.

EDIT-
    After I start this game, I will continue recruiting for the next version. This thread may just stay open indefinitely. :p

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
    My ons and offs- My F-list

Alias

Quote from: RedEve on March 18, 2017, 05:02:33 AM
    Is this game still recruiting?

this game will be recruiting ad infitium.

I'm starting to get some more character sheets. I have a lot of writing and stuff to do this weekene. But things are in motion for this rp. and I'll have to make a decision for the first version of the game. There are very nearly enough applicants to do two versions right now. So, I have some tough decisions to make.

Alias

things!!!
    I updated the original post, and I may... have created a third slayer just for fun. Yeah I definitely did that. Note. I will only use one slayer in these games. And I might make new ones for each game when the time comes. I onno, I'm crazy for making slayers. I already know my faceclaim for the 4th one.

Rain Dylan Schrader

Full Name: Rain Dylan Schrader - “Rainy”
    Nationality: Caucasian, Scottish heritage.
    Hair Colour: Red
    Eye Colour: Bright Blie
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 113 lbs.
    Face Claim: Aja Warren
    Physical Features:
    Rainy has 43 tattoos on her left thigh, on 7 on her right thigh. All of them are just lines that keep track of her kills. 43 vampires, 7 assorted demons.

General Appearance:
    Rain is young, but she’s grown into her body quickly and she likes to show it off. When she’s not training or out on patrol, she’s usually next to naked, hanging out around her house. When she goes out, she likes to wear revealing dresses and tiny excuses for shorts and skirts. That is when she goes out to the club, or to fight demons. Having free movement is important in her opinion. She’s tried to wear more protective clothing before and it didn’t suit her.

Personality:
    Rain has a bit of a staunch personality. She doesn’t like to look back on her past, and she’s dedicated her life to helping people for long enough to have developed some pretty mature traits. She likes to stay quiet. She’s goal oriented, and mission focused. She doesn’t get along too well with other people in general, and she was taught to avoid friendships for many years. Rain has a wonderful sense of humor though, and she’s spent a lot of time the last year or so trying to learn how to treat other people.

Unfriendly, and closed off. Rain wants things done right away, and patience has no meaning to her. She doesn’t like to ask questions. Showing up and kicking ass is her M.O. Talking things out and solving puzzles don’t work with her. She’s not resourceful, and she has trust issues. Rain has developed a pretty serious problem with authority, and doesn’t react well to anyone telling her what she can and cannot do.

History:
    She lived in a happy family until she was thirteen. There was nothing spectacular about it, nothing good, and nothing traumatic. Her father filed for divorce, and her mom was gone a lot. But she had an older brother to take care of her along with her dad. She moved to california when she was six, living just outside of Oakland to be closer to her mom.

As she grew up, she started to adopt many boyish behaviors to fit in with her older brother and her dad. She became relatively obsessed with baseball. Her first celebrity crush was on a pitcher for the Oakland Athletics. Both her brother and her dad loved to talk about it, and she could listen to them talk about baseball for hours. She enjoyed other sports as well, but none if it mattered to her like a 3-2 count in the bottom of the 9th.

Rain was 13 when her slayer powers came to her suddenly. It all came in at once and flooded her personality with confusion and insane strength. The dreams caused her to think she was insane, so volunteered to go to a mental ward to get better. Within a month, the watcher’s council arrived and had a meeting her mom and dad. They lied to her parents, in a way. Long story short, Rain went with the Watcher’s Council back to England. She trained there for years, and picked up regular slayer duty at the age of sixteen. Her first kill came quickly, and many more followed.

She wasn’t allowed to make friends, or go out in public very often. She started to develop into a woman quickly. And she was thirsty for a partner sexually. Her watcher was a woman, so when Rainy explained herself to her watcher, that she was feeling lonely and sexually starved, her watcher understood her perfectly, and actually expressed the same frustration to her slayer. Ms. Faye Hannegan was nearly 40, a lesbian and supremely attracted to her slayer. The two bonded in many ways. Faye gave Rain her tattoos. Faye and Rain made love most nights. She trained her slayer to be strong though, and would often express the control she had over her slayer in the bedroom with ropes and chains. It was very naughty and very much not allowed by the watcher’s council.

The two were in love, in some strange way. Rain fought hard to prove herself, and she learned to be an efficient and deadly slayer. But, when she turned eighteen, her trust was completely broken. There was a test, and Faye had administered the test. It shattered Rain’s confidence of her, for the test had nearly been fatal. Rain lost the pinky finger on her left hand, she had a broken arm, a concussion, and she was bleeding internally. Faye wanted to help, but Rain was done. She made a grand exit.

Faye tried to stop her physically, but Rain threw her to the side violently as she walked away into the night.

Rain went back over the atlantic, and started to wander back toward California. She landed in Florida, and as walked her way to the outskirts of Cleveland. She has a new obsession with finding buse and sexually assaulting girls outside of bars. Rain isn’t old enough to go into a bar, but she still tries.

She’s yet to be arrested yet, but she’s pushing her luck, especially in the bible belt. She’s been in fights, she’s caused property damage, and she might have pushed a couple girls too far. Rain has never killed a person, she’s never ruined anyone’s livelihood, and she’s never outwardly raped anyone. Her sexual advances are very dominant though, and she doesn’t exactly know the difference between courtship and a handshake.

Equipment:
    Indian Pata Sword - Image is Here. The weapon is a mixture of a gauntlet and a sword. It protects the hand much more, and removes the users wrists from the equation. She is fast, and deadly with this weapon. It is an old weapon, handed down to her by Faye, the only thing she keeps around from her ex-watcher. It was a Hannegan family heirloom.

Vampire killing tools - Holy Water, Crosses, and Wooden stakes.

A super soaker - Image is Here. That’s right, a goddamned water gun. She fills it with holy water and sprays it from afar. She uses a bottle from her favorite type of soda as her holy water storage. She doesn’t always use this, because holy water can be tricky to find. But she has wandered into a church to take some before with saying a word to the people there. She got this idea from watching movies.

Other: Bisexual, has more experience with women, and feels more comfortable with them sexually. But she fantasizes about men often.

Doomsday

Full Name: Trinity Edwards
    Nationality: American
    Hair Colour: Red, occasionally with colored streaks
    Height: 5’8”
    Weight: 125 lbs.
    Face Claim: Allison Scagliotti
    Physical Features: Trinity frequently colors a streak into the right side of her hair, the color varies by her mood

General Appearance: Trinity looms over most other girls at 5’8”. She’s worked her body with dedication for the last three years of being a slayer, but even before then, she’d been incredibly active in school sports, doing cross country in the fall, swim team in the winter, and tennis in the spring. She’s fit and athletic, though is not incredibly muscular, her frame better suited for speed and agility than strength.

She trends more towards petite than curvy, with a small bust, slender waist, modest hips and ass and thin thighs. Still, she’s considered to have an attractive body, especially her long legs that make up a considerable portion of her height.

Despite having a lot to show off, Trinity rarely dresses to be looked at. She prefers clothes that combine comfort, range of motion and warmth. This usually means jeans, athletic or yoga pants, tank tops, light jackets and tennis shoes.

If she was seen without her shirt, or in an open-backed dress, one could observe a large tattoo of a raven, stretching shoulder to shoulder but primarily focused on her right side.

Personality: Trinity is a good actress. She can fit in with any crowd by adapting to them, acting like them. She’s a smart girl and can talk well enough to bullshit her way into a group. She can be bubbly and sociable, geeky and awkward, and anything in between.

Her true self is much darker than the face she wears in public (not including her other slayers). Trinity ranges from cold- emotionless, uncaring and distant- to hot- furious, sadistic, masochistic. This shift in personality is dependent on the level of action happening around her. During battle, she’s like a vengeful warrior goddess, bloodthirsty and merciless. In times of peace, she’s uncommunicative and barely works with her group. She’s willing to take orders, if she deems them wise, but otherwise carves her own path through life, as she is the only one that has gotten herself this far.

Unknown to the others, she’s obsessed with the creatures that she hunts. In the past, she’s kept and toyed with vampires, demons, werewolves and all other types of monstrosities. Though she’s incredibly mentally fortuitous, and resistant to the hypnotic allure of the vampire, she finds the experience of being seduced intoxicating and erotic. Trinity edges the line of falling under their sway and keeping her own head when encountered by their tricks.

One aspect of her true personality that shines through even when she’s faking it is her vanity. Trinity doesn’t like to look or feel dirty. She’s also very sensitive about splinters, and handles her wooden stakes very carefully.

Hot personality: When her adrenaline’s up, or she gets excited, Trinity sees red. She has little restraint, to the point of putting herself in harm’s way to bring violence to her enemies. She’s cruel, excessively violent, and a real threat to any allies that clumsily get close to her killing field.

Cold personality: When not in battle or otherwise agitated, Trinity is borderline sociopathic. Mean is too simple for her; venomous is more apt for the way she needs to be treated by others. When in the company of ‘normies’, she can fake it, but around her fellow slayers and others that know of her true business, Trinity is not afraid to tell people how she thinks of them.

Obsessed with darkness: Trinity lives her life as a slayer on a razor’s edge. She’s incredibly well-read on demons and their kind, so much so that she could serve as an amateur watcher. Though she has a fine record as a slayer, Trinity constantly balances her own desire to do go good, versus the urge to let the next vampire she sees take her neck and bring her into their flock. The last bastion of willpower that holds her back is the knowledge that it would be irreversible, and sometimes it’s better to dance with the devil you know than to let them bite you.

History: Trinity was given up by her single mother as an infant, and adopted by an older, rich couple that quickly lost enthusiasm in their latest acquisition. While her foster parents vacationed the world, Trinity was mostly raised by a nanny, a woman that acted more as a custodian than a caretaker. She was kept fed and clothed, but otherwise left to her own designs. Her first expressions of sociopathy and cruelty were towards insects and small animals found in the yard.

When she began to perform poorly at school as a child, inattentive and hostile to teachers and other students, her foster father ended one of his many vacations early and attempted to beat some sense into the girl. She learned to fake herself to fit in, and she also learned that violence is a powerful thing to behold. Trinity’s grades soared and she participated in extracurricular activities; She became popular, well-liked and the model of a student, but it was all an act. At first it was to appease her foster parents, but when she realized that she could use people to her liking by pretending to be interested in them, she used it to her advantage.

At age 14, the summer before she would begin high school, Trinity got into a very heated argument with her foster father. Sporadically throughout the years, Mr. Edwards would express violence towards her in an attempt to ‘set her back on track’. By then, she felt she had suffered enough at his hand, and Trinity desperately fought back. Her slayer abilities first manifested at this time, which allowed her to gain a surprising advantage on him to connect on a few good kicks to the chin. At one point in the fight, Trinity had him on his knees, and was sizing him up for a kick to the temple that would end his life, but she hesitated, too overwhelmed by these new powers to commit to their usage. Her father took advantage of the moment and beat her half to death, before eventually dragging her to the hospital. Trinity and her foster father both told the nurses that she'd fallen down the stairs, and if not for her accelerated healing ability, they would have completely seen through that lie.

While she recovered, Trinity was visited at the hospital by an elderly woman named Charity Bradshaw. Charity revealed to Trinity her role as a Watcher, and that Trinity had been chosen to become a slayer because of the stand she had already taken against evil. Little did Charity know, her new slayer was as dark as her adopted father, just in her own ways.Trinity took to her new studies and training with great interest and enthusiasm. She felt as if her entire life until that point had been leading up to her life as a slayer. She didn’t have any special relationship with Charity, who was distant and business-like, more like a reluctant babysitter than anything. Charity was also slowly losing her mind to dementia, leaving Trinity to do her new job alone, which was fine by her.

When Trinity was 17, Charity died. The Watcher had repeatedly asked her student to reach out to the council to requisition a new Watcher, but Trinity secretly refused these orders. Trinity didn’t need a Watcher; She’d absorbed everything that Charity had to teach her and more, and she didn’t operate well under supervision. For the next year, Charity corresponded with the Watcher’s Council, impersonating Charity through emails and phone calls, and they were none the wiser until one of the Council came to visit her on her eighteenth birthday to administer ‘the test’.

Trinity managed to skip town just before the Watchers arrived. In her parent’s home and on their property, they found several disturbing things: Ms. Bradshaw’s body moldering in an unmarked grave in the back yard, a makeshift dungeon in the basement, and five vampires incarcerated behind bars, emaciated and seemingly tortured. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that two of these vampires were Trinity’s own foster parents.

On the run with an arsenal of vampire slaying tools and four years slaying experience, Trinity bounced from town to town throughout the American midwest with several adopted identities. She slayed vampires and managed to stay alive despite her vigilante lifestyle, primarily making money through sex work and theft. Now, at age 19, she finds herself in Cleveland with a fellow band of rogue slayers; Trinity isn’t used to working in a team, but she’s smart enough to recognize that there is strength in numbers, especially as the Watchers and the demons alike have put a target on their backs.

Equipment:

Sjambok: This long, semi-rigid leather whip can effectively gash skin and cause pain, but has little practical use in regards to actual slaying.

Stake knives: Not steak knives. Stake. Knives. Basically, just wooden stakes with carved handles. Why? Trinity is afraid of splinters.

Other: Totally open to having her become a Slaypire down the road, if Alias is willing.

Rachubka

Full Name: Liliana 'Lily' Aguilar
    Nationality: American (Colombian)
    Hair Colour: Brunette (dyed sombre)
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 114 lbs.
    Face Claim: Anlella Sagra
    Physical Features: A tattoo of a shaded mountain face on the left side of her abdomen to cover some scars - it's back dropped by a colourful aurora and stars that reach up to just beneath her left breast. Studded piercings along her right ear helix, with a more traditional lobe piercing on both ears - they're often tiny black crosses, though sometimes they can be nice flowery ones or dangling bits.

General Appearance: Lily does well to keep her image well maintained and up to date. Her hair is often worn long and she is currently rocking her familiar brunette locks with a subtle blond dye job. Since becoming a full-time Slayer, it has taken very little effort for Lily to remain in tip-top shape, though that hasn't stopped her from working out. As for clothing; jeans, dresses, skirts, graphic tees, blouses, jackets of varying lengths and material, there isn't much left out of her wardrobe, save an all denim outfit. When it comes to hunting vampires, demons and other monsters, she tends to lean towards a leather jacket, fitted jeans with knee high boots with any variety of heel (depending on if she was on a date before or not!) along with whatever top she had on for the day.

Personality: Lily tries not to take herself seriously, though it is more for image's sake than anything. You know that thing where someone pretends not to care or let people bother them in order to seem cool? She's all about that. Outside of slaying vampires and keeping herself fit (out of habit), she leans on drinking and dancing for entertainment. Needless to say, she doesn't get to do that very often but thoroughly enjoys it when she can.

Growing up, slayer or otherwise, Lily has always been described as charming. She never put much effort forth to convince others to like her or put in any time and effort into being kept in anyone's good graces, though she always ends up finding herself there. As such, she has a hard time grasping the idea of people who are shy or are closed off since it is completely out of her nature.

Lily has always had a great sense of responsibility and duty. Somewhat. She takes the role of being a slayer to heart, believing that she was selected for the greater good of all humankind! On the same hand, however, she has never rid herself of her joy for adventure and the search for something new - she finds it hard to pry herself from a particular spot or person she cares for if she feels that she is needed, though will have no problem considering leaving if the need for her is gone.

Arrogant - Having always been told that she was attractive, smart, adorable, fantastic and many, many other kind words before becoming a slayer, it got to her head even more when it took very little effort to be all of the aforementioned. It's come to a point where anyone who isn't even a slayer herself can't hold Lily's attention, save for a vampire looking for a neck to feed on.

Reckless - Lily often rushes into situations headfirst, having come out of nearly all of them unscathed in the past. Working with others hasn't really been a thing for the girl and waiting for a consensus on a plan would hardly be an option for her.

Aloof - Being a slayer makes it hard to establish a relationship on any level - Lily tends not to give anyone any fuel to build one on by avoiding the real questions with any real answers. Never having truly stayed in one spot may have had something to do with it, too.

Halloween - Not an explicit fear by any means, though past experience on this day have left a sour taste in Lily's mouth (literally and figuratively).

History: Born as a result of a Spring Break fling, thanks to a European dreamboat of a vacationer and a woman who wanted to be a mother more than anything, Lily had a surprisingly tame upbringing. While not rich by any means, Lily's mother's own family had made quite a living for themselves in Seattle, Washington operating a chain of grab'n'go cafes to feed all of the yuppies.

Lily ran in small circles of friends, usually just neighbourhood kids with as much Latino flavour as possible. These circles stayed with her as she grew older, though those that went down the more nefarious path of life had since fallen out. It was only when Lily turned fifteen did things become a little strange.

It was during the last class of the day, a fantastically boring English class. In typical fashion, Lily was seated at the back corner with a few of her friends, watching the hands on the clock tick by until it called for the end of the day. There was well over half an hour left when the girl felt a sudden head rush. Her brain ached suddenly, then felt as if she was about to float away with it once the pounding stopped. At the behest of the teacher, she went to the nurse's office. Along the way, another girl in her grade was being accosted by a football player. Not even one of the cool football players, just a heavy set tackle who didn't quite get why he wasn't as sought after as the QB or any ultra fit receivers.

Lily, normally, would pay no mind but here she felt inclined to inquire, even doing so with a lame line about hall passes. The victim scurried away when the big guy was distracted. Frustrated, he moved on to the Colombian and was getting far too handsy for an introduction. Lily side stepped him and shoved the much larger man into a locker head first with virtually no effort. When the Tackle never got back up, the ever dramatic girl's mind immediately went to the worst. She didn't go to the nurse's office. She didn't even stay home that night.

The next few weeks were a jumble of weird headaches and dreams, the will and desire to protect and serve as well as a quickly developing physique to give her the means of doing so. Lily travelled eastward by bus and train, until she was stopped by an older man claiming to be a Watcher. Her first instinct was to give him the good ol' Seattle Locker treatment, but the man quickly descended into an explanation of what she was feeling, what was happening, and how they could work together to figure it all out. Easy enough sell.

For the next few years, the Watcher adapted to Lily's desire to not stay put while honing her skills in order to whack the occasional vampire or demon. The two earned a bit of a reputation in the Midwest, so much so that they themselves were actively hunted by the dark forces. One particular instance saw Lily's left side ripped open and her Watcher dead in a ditch. She healed, physically, then continued eastward, eventually finding herself in Ohio...

Equipment: Typical Slayer fare in stakes, holy water and crosses.

A large, ornate dagger, mostly for show.

Other: Hasn't had much in the name of intimacy since being named a Slayer, though, the way she talks about her watcher sometimes makes you wonder...

Whew, super duper late entry. Will probably be in round two, yeah? :O

Alias

la dame en noir

With the help of Alias!

Full Name: Audra Iman Hawkins
    Nationality: American - Gbaya, Azande, and Egyptian heritage with very little Italian blood.
    Hair Colour: Black
    Height: 5’5
    Weight: 111 lbs.
    Face Claim: Brianna Shanee
    Physical Features: Audra has a bite mark on her thigh, and another on her neck. The wounds have become scars. All of the Faceclaim tattoos carry over, Audra has them too.

General Appearance: She’s a well built woman. Her feminine form has soft parts and hard parts. With a good muscular structure, wide hips, and a deliciously large bust, Audra holds herself more like a model than a warrior. She has a general ‘swaggy’ style that changes according to the occasion. Her appearance is typically some kind of mix between classy and flashy. She likes loud colors and showing off skin. Tight fits, and sexy outfits with a flare that could only come from Elmhurst, Queens.

The cold doesn’t bother her, so when she’s out hunting vampires, she doesn’t change up her style. As she dresses normally, she doesn’t look like a slayer, so it’s a diversionary tactic at its core. Vampire’s assume she’s just some dumb girl out for a walk by herself. She hides her weapons, and flies her freak flag high.

Personality: Audra has an unshaken confidence to her and a will to do the right thing. She has the best of intentions, even out on her own like she has been. Although she can be flirtatious, vibrant and fun; Audra is not great at saying what’s on her mind. She never developed a large vocabulary, but she has complex emotions. Her passion to make the world around her a little bit better than it had been puts her in difficult moral quandaries.

Helping people out is difficult for her, and making her actions count is hard as well. But, she wants to be proactive and helpful all of the time. Most of the time, she just comes off like a cocky little bitch, and she enjoys it that way. Her natural feminine playfulness makes it clear that she’s usually just teasing and messing around when she ‘acts mean’ or ‘self-centered’.

Homesick - Audra didn’t grow up in the best or most lavish part of the world. But she misses it. Elmhurst, Queens was a nice place to grow up. It was close to The City, but it had it’s own charms, and it’s own culture. She was called as a Slayer at fifteen, and she was pulled away from her family at that time. Audra never even got along with her parents. But she still misses the simplicity, and the safety. Even further, her Watcher’s mansion was another home she had for three years in Lancaster, Great Britain. But that went away too. Hotel rooms aren’t good enough. More on this later in ‘History’.

Bad Communicator - Talking is difficult. She’s far from stupid, but the conflicting concepts in her mind makes it very difficult to put them into words. Being cocky is easier than being deep. So, her depth is usually covered by the fact that she has trouble speaking her mind.

Sorta Girly - This was a bit of a problem for her before she was a slayer. She likes to stay clean, and look nice. Some would call her ‘high maintenance’, but it’s not that. She just likes to be pretty, a little too much sometimes. And since she’s become a slayer, this has never gone away. It can distract her easily. Getting dirty makes her mad.

Suspicious - Audra hasn’t always been like this, distrusting, skeptical, unsure. But things changed when the watcher’s council showed their true face. They were secretive, and their actions were rich with betrayal. Her own watcher, a stern father figure that was basically a carbon-copy of her father in the form of a thirty-two year old British man, he turned on her, and led her to her death, because orders were orders. More on this later as well.

History: ‘The City’ was a daunting thing for any child. And even as she aged in Elmhurst, Queens, one of New York’s famous five boroughs, the city was always more than she could understand. And she wasn’t alone there. Life was as simple as it was complicated. Elmhurst was middle class, working class, she was far from wealthy, but she had a comfortable life. Her father hadn’t grown up so lucky. Nick Hawkins, “Nicky” to his friends and his wife Marilyn. He was a journalist, Marilyn owned a small restaurant chain. They’d worked their asses off their whole life. Nicky had grown up in a house near Queensbridge. It had not been a middle class life. Marilyn was hovering and poverty as well, but she’d moved to the city from Louisiana when she was in her early twenties.

So life was actually sort of easy for Audra Hawkins.

But, her father’s intense pressure never stuck to her. He was never violent, or even emotionally abusive. But he was stern. He was uptight. In his world, the only thing that worked was keeping your head down, working hard, and earning everything with pure dedicated labor. He knew he had a daughter, so he didn’t expect her to be a construction worker or a welder. But he expected a lot. She had a curfew, her allowance was cut if she ever had two B’s on her report card. So, she rarely had an allowance.

Her mother wasn’t any more allowing. She was more gentle, but her soft pressure was almost worse than her father. Deja didn’t have any brother’s or sisters. There was no tragic story to it, the Hawkins’ wanted to be a small family. Audra never complained, she made a few strong friendships that were as good as siblings, the girls that she grew up with were lifelong friends, if Audra had stayed in New York.

She was essentially kidnapped by the watcher’s council. She was swooned by her powers. The council had been keeping their eye on her. She had an obvious potential, and they knew when she would be gifted with the slayer lineage. They showed her a vampire, and she swelled with pride. The ability to kill monsters gave her a powerful purpose that she’d always wanted.

She didn’t know how long she’d be gone. She didn’t know how many demons she would have to kill. Britain was hard, the training was intense. The nightly patrols were exhausting, even for a slayer. When she’d met her watcher, he was polite, and good with words. Her destiny made sense. But, as the months turned to years, his stern nature reminded her too much of her father. His name was Gerald Campbell. And he was a bloody bastard at heart. The only thing that mattered to him was the Watcher’s council. His affections were fake, his moods were all for show. His focus was singular, and Audra didn’t matter to him at all.

Campbell was given orders to let his slayer die. The reasons were odd, there had been none. Campbell didn’t even really ask questions. He only knew what he had to do. There was a cult of vampires that were destined to grow in strength. Audra was supposed to be their catalyst. But, as always, prophecies were messy. Audra slayed all of them. She came out with two significant bites, her clothing shredded, her arm broken, a concussion, and a couple broken ribs. But she killed them all.

She walked to Campbell’s mansion, her home in Lancaster. And she robbed him straight up. He couldn’t stop her, even with her injuries. She’d been drained of some blood, from her neck and her thigh. But, the bites didn’t stick for long. They were deep, she could handle it. Campbell wound up unconscious on his dining room table. Audra left with 3,000 £ in cash and caught a plane back to America.

When she returned home, a new family was living there. It was shocking. She had technically run away, but it had felt right at the time. It had felt a bit like a movie or a young-adult fantasy novel. It occurred to her that she hadn’t told anyone, and that she’d been gone for three years.

Audra wasn’t trained to track her parents down, she didn’t know where to start. She looked for them on social networks and couldn’t find them. She checked a few real estate companies, but they weren’t allowed to distribute that information. She didn’t have Identification of any kind, just a stake, cradled between her tits, and a few thousand American to get by.

She found a couple old friends, but she was removed from everything, and the watcher’s had been looking for her. She couldn’t stay home. So, she ran away again for a 3rd time. Her mother and father were basically ghosts. She was trying to escape the watchers, and after two years of running across the country, she has recently found herself in Cleveland, Ohio. ‘The City’ wasn’t really what it had been as a kid. Cleveland was like one giant Elsburg. Homesick, she found herself sticking around, and found a few ways to make a living that were respectable. She’s been in Cleveland for seven months under the name Gwen Mary Collins, and the council hasn’t found her yet.

She does some house cleaning, flagging for construction crews, and occasionally offers high profile security for some of the uglier faces around the city. And of course, she kills demons in back alleys and graveyards as many nights a week as she can.

Equipment:
    Any sharp knife - Audra isn’t an expert woodworker, but she has a drawer full of stakes in her apartment. Whenever she finds a piece of wood that looks right, she’ll pick it up. Every now and then she’ll pull out a knife and make a stake or a wooden cross.

Baseball bats - They’re effective, and wooden. If they break, they become stake. She collects wooden baseball bats as well.

Other: Has recently attended church on a few Sundays. She goes to different churches every time, and has never gone two weeks in a row. But after 7 years of dealing with death, looking at gravestones, and using the cross as a weapon, she figured she’d see what religion was all about. It’s a comforting place, but she stays quiet, and tries to avoid catholic services. She went to one once, and things got real too fast. Participation was not her thing.
    A&A | FxF |

Alias

It's big news Time!!

Hey everyone. So, I just want to say that I'm really happy with the group of people that have gathered around this idea. You all have displayed so much patience, and it's wonderful to see how understanding everyone is, and has been.

So. I have made a decision for the first iteration of the game. I sent out pms to everyone about what kind of player they were going to be, and what kind of things everyone wanted their slayer to go through. So, most of you know that if you're not picked in this list of four, there will be another oppurtunity to play very soon.  Out of all the messages I sent, only one person seemed to lose interest in the game. So without further ado.

The First Game
    Josephine - played by Redeve
    Alexis - played by Whatliesabove
    Niss  - played by Vondoom
    Aspen  - played by AmandaWho
    Alice  - played by Alias

The Out of Character Board - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264917.0
    The Character Sheets - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264918.0

To the three players left over, no hard feelings, we'll have a 2nd game started in NO time.

Alias

Hehehe. Rach, I hope you're ok. I love all three characters I left out. And we're only one sheet away from starting the 2nd game

Rachubka