Chula wants to run an adventure path! [Pathfinder, interest check]

Started by Chulanowa, December 28, 2016, 03:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Hi, everybody! It turns out I've still got the itch to run Pathfinder. The trouble is, I have no idea what adventure path to pick. There are so many that sound good! So what this interest check is about is figuring out which ones people are most into seeing played.

Curse of the Crimson Throne

The city of Korvosa is perched on the edge of anarchy—the king is dead, and rumors whisper that his young queen might be responsible! This urban campaign of decadence and dark dealings casts the heroes against plagues, barbarians, riots, and worse!
(This option will be using the newly-published anniversary edition)

Kingmaker

The wild and dangerous Stolen Lands lie in the northern reaches of the River Kingdoms, realms ripe for the taking! Yet those who would become rulers of these new lands will soon learn that claiming a kingdom and keeping it are two different beasts. Can the heroes protect their lands from jealous and deadly enemies?

Serpent's Skull

A chance shipwreck in pirate-infested waters sets the heroes on a chase to discover a lost city in the jungles of the treacherous Mwangi Expanse! Factions like the Pathfinder Society and the Red Mantis assassin league are also on the hunt to discover the city's forgotten secrets, terrible revelations that could awaken a sleeping god and bring doom to the world of Golarion!

Shattered Star

The seven-pointed star known as the Sihedron is well known to scholars of ancient Thassilon, yet few know that the original Sihedron was itself a powerful artifact once owned by Emperor Xin himself. When the Emperor was betrayed by the Runelords, they shattered his Sihedron and hid the fragments in holdings throughout the land, where they would remain hidden for more than ten thousand years. But today, these fragments are surfacing, and it falls to Varisia's newest crop of heroes to gather the shards of the Shattered Star if they hope to be able to protect Varisia from a dangerous threat from the ancient past!

Reign of Winter

It has been a century since the immortal witch Baba Yaga last visited the world, and the hour draws nigh for her return. But when she fails to appear in the frozen realm of Irrisen to usher in its newest ruler, pockets of winter begin to grow throughout the Inner Sea region. After 1,400 years of perpetual winter, the icy curse of Irrisen is spreading! What links do these strange blizzards and swaths of wintry landscapes have with Irrisen, and is there any truth to the growing rumors that the Witch Queen Elvanna has taken full control of the realm? Can her plans for the Inner Sea be thwarted, or will the Reign of Winter engulf the world?

Mummy's Mask

he ancient lands of Osirion are blanketed by the sands of time, and eldritch secrets and vast riches lay just beneath the sun-blistered surface. As modern Osirion opens its vaults and tombs to outsiders for the first time in centuries, many of these lost treasures and secrets are now emerging—some more troublesome than others. Hakotep I, a now-forgotten pharaoh, was robbed upon his burial. A secret sect took his heart and his funerary mask, both containing a portion of his soul. Betrayed the chance to pass on into the afterlife during his burial, Hakotep has existed in a state between life and death for millennia. The recent rediscovery of one of these lost soul fragments has allowed the trapped pharaoh to once again work in this world to redress the wrongs committed against him, and a cult worshipping him as a god-king grows in the heart of Osirion. Can a group of heroes brave terrible guardians, foul cults, and the burning sands of the desert to stop the rebirth of this ancient tyrant?

Giantslayer

Deep in the Mindspin Mountains, a storm giant warlord known as the Storm Tyrant has seized control of a cloud castle and an Orb of Dragonkind, and is gathering an army of giants from across western Avistan—first to bring the orc hordes of Belkzen under his banner, then to conquer the neighboring realms. Heroes defending the human town of Trunau from an orc raid discover that the attack is just a precursor to the Storm Tyrant’s larger plans. Working their way through an abandoned border fort, an ancient giant temple, the tomb of an undead frost giant, and an elite fire giant training facility beneath a dormant volcano, the heroes eventually take the fight to the Storm Tyrant himself inside his flying fortress. Can the giant army be defeated before it can conquer the human lands of the Inner Sea, or will all of Avistan bow down in fealty to the Storm Tyrant?

Hell's Rebels

The city of Kintargo has a new lord-mayor, but he’s not someone interested in maintaining that city’s free spirit. Paracount Barzillai Thrune has placed the city under martial law, and his cruel proclamations and sinister plans for the city bode ill. Can a small group of heroes and would-be rebels stand against the might of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune and the Church of Asmodeus and save their home town from being crushed under the boot of an infernal tyrant? Will one of Cheliax’s most powerful inquisitors make the city his playground, or can the rebels known as the Silver Ravens rise up to bring a new era of freedom to the so called Silver City of Kintargo? Join the rebellion! Save Kintargo! DOWN WITH THRUNE!

So, uh... As you can see, quite a lot to select from there.  ;D If there's enough interest for something else not in that list, i'll certainly consider it (Unless it's Wrath of the Righteous, Council of Thieves, or Skull and Shackles, seriously, fuck those AP's). In any case I'll be looking for a five-person group, on a 25-point buy, medium XP track, with a focus on the adventure (i.e., any smut would be player-driven.)

Silver Phoenix

Kingmaker, Shattered Star, or Giantslayer are my top picks, but I'll gladly play any of them!
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Hexed

Shattered Star, Giantslayer, And Reign of Winter sound like fun ones. :)

So. Just a question. What's wrong with Wrath of Righteous and Skull & shackles AP? I'd have thought Kingmaker would have drawn a fuck that exclamation due to the whole kingdom building part of it.

And are you planning strictly Piazo classes/feats/etc? And any other limits?

Chulanowa

Quote from: Hexed on December 28, 2016, 04:35:20 PM
So. Just a question. What's wrong with Wrath of Righteous and Skull & shackles AP? I'd have thought Kingmaker would have drawn a fuck that exclamation due to the whole kingdom building part of it.

WotR is poorly-balanced on its own and adding Mythic just makes it worse. And.. .Well, Skull and Shackles kind of bores me, is all.

QuoteAnd are you planning strictly Piazo classes/feats/etc? And any other limits?

Yes. Paizo-published stuff only. other limits will probably vary depending on which AP goes up.

CalliLurk

Hexed

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 28, 2016, 04:43:04 PM
WotR is poorly-balanced on its own and adding Mythic just makes it worse. And.. .Well, Skull and Shackles kind of bores me, is all.

Huh. Didn't realize WotR was so badly done. Thankies! :D

NinjaWeazel

Well, having just failed utterly at making a character for another game, maybe I can redeem myself here haha

Serpents Skull, Reign of Winter, or Mummy's Mask.  I like going to exotic places, meeting strange new people, and killing them to take their stuff.

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 28, 2016, 04:43:04 PM
Yes. Paizo-published stuff only. other limits will probably vary depending on which AP goes up.

So no Unchained Monk, then?

Petrus02

I would be very interersted in Shattered Star!

Interested in joining Serpent's Skull,Reign of Winter,Mummy's Mask and Giantslayer, but i tried running Serpent's skull myself on another site in the past, so i do know a bit of it(first book)

HopeFox

I'd definitely be up for a Pathfinder game!

Kingmaker takes my fancy upon first glance, but I haven't had any experience with any of them, so I'm sure I'd be up for anything!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Bibliophilia

-settles in and grins.-  Hi there!  I'n down for whatever, but my top picks are Kingmaker, Mummy's Mask, Shattered Star and Serpent's Skull.  -snicker.-  I'm so helpful.

Cataclysmic Archangel

My PF'fu is a little weak (more 3.5) but I'd be interested in something. The modules don't mean anything to me, however.

AribethAmkiir

Xunthrae

Posting Interest, I'm open to any, but Crimson Throne, Kingmaker, and Serpent Skull catch my eye.

Wargtass

I for one have a really big craving for Kingmaker. Haven't had the pleasure of having a swing at it yet and from what I have heard the macro system of building a kingdom isn't too much of a pain in this one. Color me interested and this thread bookmarked.
O/O

Vergil Tanner

Honestly? I would LOVE either Kingmaker or Giantslayer.

Seriously, I LOVE the idea of Kingmaker, and I have a vague idea on what kind of character I would like to play.... ;) But of course, I also love Giantslayer and have a character in mind for that as well. So either is fine with me! :D

Though I must admit to a HUGE Kingmaker craving.

And I have a sudden urge to play an Elven Magus....
>.>

THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE MAGISTERIUM! THEY SHALL BE A TERRIBLE AND WONDROUS POWER, AND ALL SHALL WEEP AND REJOICE AND DESPAIR!

*ahem*

>.>
<.<
>.>
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

NinjaWeazel

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 29, 2016, 05:01:14 AM

THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE MAGISTERIUM! THEY SHALL BE A TERRIBLE AND WONDROUS POWER, AND ALL SHALL WEEP AND REJOICE AND DESPAIR!

You got to watch that stress, sir, its a killer...

Bibliophilia

Vergil Tanner

I'm not stressed! YOU'RE STRESSED. WHAT DO YOU MEAN I NEED REHAB?! STOP YELLING AT ME!!!
:P :P

And lol, yhup! Anastasia is a very good film. XD One of my favourite Villain Songs of all time ^_^

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Bibliophilia

Oh it's up there!  But, I gotta give the best to Frollo in Hunchback.

Vergil Tanner

Ah, that was good, but my personal favourite is either Be Prepared - partly because Jeremy Irons' voice is so fucking sexy - or Voltaire's song "Because I'm Evil." Not assigned to a specific bad guy, but I mean...just listen to it. It's an amazing Villain Song.

Also, related:

Bibliophilia

Mmmm...Scar.  -has naughty thoughts.-  Voltair's music is awesome.

Vergil Tanner

Yes, yes it is. XD
And haha...way back when there was a Fairy Tale City game going on - run by Swashbuckler and Loves - I actually played a Human-Form Scar...it was pretty fun playing the Secret Manipulative Bastard. XD

BUT i think perhaps this is a conversation best saved for PM's. We don't want to derail the thread, now do we? :P

Vergil Tanner

To get the thread back on track! I did a quick count of the votes thus far;

Kingmaker: 7
Shattered Star: 4
Giantslayer: 4
Reign of Winter: 4
Serpents Skull: 4
Mummy's Mask: 3
Crimson Throne: 1

I dunno if that helps at all :P

Chulanowa

Vergil Tanner

Unless 8 people more awesome than the people who leapt on this thread immediately show up sometime soon.... ;)