You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

May 22, 2018, 08:47:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?  (Read 15270 times)

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #375 on: April 04, 2018, 06:29:24 AM »
I played a bit of 1st ed, but never ran it, so wouldn't be as knowledgeable on the fluff as others.

Online Avalon29

Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
I got the first draft of Liminal last night. Haven’t read through all the setting stuff yet but I like what I’ve read so far. The system is pretty simple 2d6 + skill + bonuses from traits vs a difficulty number. It doesn’t have any real classes although the book does suggest a few comon concepts and how to build them. The general player character concepts can be divided into 5 types. Normal humans aware of the hidden world, magicians, changelings, dhampirs, and werewolves. The magic is fairly subtle, blessings, wards, divination, that kind of thing. The most flashy being the ability to control the weather.

It also has some other fun stuff like the crew creation where each players come together and decide on a goal for the crew gets to create some kind of asset for the group ranging from connections, to a hideout, or informants to name some of the optons. The crew is supposed to be like family for these outsiders that have joined together with the main cast of being BBC’s Being Human listed as a good example of a crew albeit a weird one. The setting seems fun from what I’ve read too. Fae courts, a ghost world, a secret magician’s college at Oxford, and other fun stuff. All and all I think it’s going to be a fun system especially once all the supplementals that are going to be released thanks to all the stretch goals that were reached.