You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 24, 2018, 03:54:18 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Interested in Mentoring?

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?  (Read 8675 times)

Offline wander

• Cheeky Brit Next Door // Creator of Wander Worlds
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Hey there, system gamers! What tabletop rpgs do you own?
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2017, 04:52:13 PM »
Starfinder, the space based Pathfinder, is out for pre-order. I believe it's out in August. I think my local bookstore can order it in for me, so happy about that right now.  :-)

Offline BlytheTopic starter

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
I do hope that when people get to try out Starfinder that they'll tell me what it's like. I'm interested but really want to hear people's reviews before I commit to getting it. ^^

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »
May have to keep an eye on that!

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
I've got some friends who are keeping track of all the leaked material and previews, and it looks like a very cool game so far.

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2017, 10:59:52 PM »
Am debating whether I want to get Symbaroum. Anyone ever played it or read any reviews on it that they feel are comprehensive? I keep coming back to it and considering it.

I'm also likely to pick up Dresden Files Accelerated when I get paid.  :-)

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2017, 06:59:43 AM »
I'm not seeing too much interesting out atm, though I have been reading Exalted Third Edition and it's been fairly enjoyable, though it is somewhat easy to get swamped in character creation (the masses of Charms mainly). Also, Solars seem so vanilla to me, I'd rather play an Abyssal or Sidereal after they were introduced concept-wise at the start of the book. Onyx Path are slow to bring out meaningful supplements, they recently brought out a jumpstart for campaigns, though still no word on the Dragon-Blooded book's release. I don't even like the Dragon-Blooded! ^^;

In the meantime, it does have a nice setting, the feel is nice (even if Avatar cribbed a lot from it, sorta taking the uniqueness away some these days) and it does make you feel like you're controlling a really cool character. I've been busy putting together a roguish Night Caste and I like how they're forming.

I do feel like I missed the boat in reading this late and I've seen some Exalted games come up here, though they're always freeform.  :P

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »

Shadowrun (2nd, 3rd(actually played), 5th edition, and about half a ton of splats)

werewolf apoc (2nd and 20th anni, plus nuwisha book) (actually played)

Mechwarrior 3rd edition,

Dark Heresy (1st & 2nd), Rogue Trader, Black Crusade, Death Watch, and Only War (actually played), with most of their splats (plus alot of the more rare ones)

CthulhuTech (again, with most the splats, or the important ones)

Edge of The Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny (... yeah. Splats)

Deadlands: Weird West (actually played) & Hell On Earth.

The new Blue Rose book

Coriolis, Tales from the Loop, Mutant Year One (different settings, same system)

Unhallowed Metropolis (1st & 2nd editions and all the splats)

D&D 5th (Players, volos, sword coast) (actually played)

Gear krieg

Dust Tactics,

Symbaroum (weird viking/norse themed fantasy RPG which is awesome)

Mutant Chronicles

Necromunda (some of the books from original set, not great condition but were good for working on mini/rpg game thing)

Exalted (1st, 2nd, but not third, but got all the Group books for 1/2)

Dresden files RPG Fate Books, Atomic Robo Fate book, Secret of Cats fate book,

And.... a ton of PDFs i dont have sorted.

Ive got a ton more somewhere.. just... not sure where. small apartment, lots of boxes...

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »

Dark Heresy (1st & 2nd), Rogue Trader, Black Crusade, Death Watch, and Only War (actually played), with most of their splats (plus alot of the more rare ones)

CthulhuTech (again, with most the splats, or the important ones)

Edge of The Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny (... yeah. Splats)

Dresden files RPG Fate Books, Atomic Robo Fate book, Secret of Cats fate book,

And.... a ton of PDFs i dont have sorted.

I own these and wouldn't mind doing some solo stuff if you wanted.  :-)

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2017, 01:50:28 PM »
hehe, Thanks wander! Maybe sometime, my brains kinda burning out...

Part of that is coming from checking ebay.. turns out my Battlefleet Khronus and Into the storm books are worth about 200 each. something around 300+ for the collectors leatherbound rogue trader, and a ton of other stuff.. Just sold off a MiB OOP sister of battle seraphim for about 50 bucks, and trading a set of metal cadian command squads for a pair of goliaths (friend is starting genestealer cult army, wanted pair of brood set things, but GW sent him 4 goliaths, and doing some discount thing)

There is this big part of me that wants to keep them.....

And another part of me that would like money to do things, and realizes i've played almost NONE of my book going "why..?"

I need sleep now...

Online Sain

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2017, 02:32:47 PM »
I don't own this, yet! But figured that you all fellow system gamers might be looking for something new and exciting for which this most definitely fits the bill.

Genesys by fantasy flight games coming out later this year.

Been playing a version of it it with one group off site over Fantasy Grounds and it's been great so far. I'm thinking the system might also be pretty nicely adaptable to forum roleplay with how narrative it is.

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2017, 03:01:20 PM »
Ooohhh, so its a framework of the edge empire, age rebellion, and force destiny dice system for a wide span of games...?

Online Sain

« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2017, 03:03:48 PM »
Yeah. Our GM adapted the rules to 40k on his own. There is also a fanmade fantasy system, but it's really cool that they're making an official version.

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2017, 03:10:57 PM »
Mysteries of the Yokai hit their final mile stone last week so just finishing the layout and test prints. Hope to see it being released soon. I'm really excited for it and it should fit well on the forums.

Also found an rpg on kickstarter called  The Lost Age looks like it might be fun. I don't think it'll work very well for the forums but more rpgs with a brinze age setting is nice. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thumosgames/the-lost-age-rpg/description

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »
hehe, Thanks wander! Maybe sometime, my brains kinda burning out...

Part of that is coming from checking ebay.. turns out my Battlefleet Khronus and Into the storm books are worth about 200 each. something around 300+ for the collectors leatherbound rogue trader, and a ton of other stuff.. Just sold off a MiB OOP sister of battle seraphim for about 50 bucks, and trading a set of metal cadian command squads for a pair of goliaths (friend is starting genestealer cult army, wanted pair of brood set things, but GW sent him 4 goliaths, and doing some discount thing)

Dude, I got 8th edition myself... I just built my 500pt Death Guard army (more or less, I'm undecided on the last few points for the special/heavy weapons) for gaming with my friend, I have a basic Nurgle CSM kill team I've upgraded to 8th (atm it stands at 10 CSMs with two Heavy Bolters and 10 Cultist meatshields: 200pts on the dot)...
Then I got a 50 Power army for a local narrative league play to build too. I want it to be Death Guard also (I've been having a lot of fun playing Nurgle, plus their codex and Morty is on the horizon...), though whilst I can set my Helbrute to anti-tank, I am suffering in mass-shooty. Plague Marines (basic CSMs aren't allowed in DG armies now) sap up the Power and I'm wanting to limit Poxwalkers to 10 so I can fit them in a Rhino to keep them alive before they melee...

Aside from my 40K troubles for not playing Loyalist Spess Mehreens, I'm soooooooo glad this topic has grown active again! It's been disheartening to see only PF and 5e system games on site and the damned 5e Player's Handbook is 45...

I'd be up for playing with the SW Edge of Empire system in other settings. It's something I've always wanted to play, though I've never really got a good group or a game I've found interest with as of yet. I'd love for someone to really show me the ropes of the system some. I have a Rodian character ready to go, though I guess people don't like the green martian looking doods...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:51:56 PM by wander »

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2017, 01:29:15 PM »
Just got Dresden Files Accelerated! :)

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
I was tempted on that,liked the dresden fate one, though never really got a chance to play it (joined one game at their begining, but most the guys were asses and ended up just walking..), and kinda hesitant to buy more games atm... way to many im waitng on from kickstarter...

« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2017, 01:44:35 PM »
I was tempted on that,liked the dresden fate one, though never really got a chance to play it (joined one game at their begining, but most the guys were asses and ended up just walking..), and kinda hesitant to buy more games atm... way to many im waitng on from kickstarter...

I always wait for things to get out of Kickstarter before I buy; I'm a little wary of Kickstarter. It does a lot of good things, but I'm a bit old-fashioned and want to get my product as soon as I pay. ^^;

I'm hoping the Accelerated version is going to 'clean up' things from the main FATE one, because I seriously want to run something in the Dresden Files universe. Thus far, the 'flavor' of the text is really fun, given that it's narrated by Ivy with a little extra commentary from Kincaid.

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2017, 03:18:41 PM »
Haha, i loved that little notes in the margin thing of the book..

And aside from lonv waits, i really like kickstarter. I forget i have stuff, then boom!!! Surprise books and stuff in the mail! Happy birthday!!!

Through kickstart ive gotten...well, a ton of games and comics... but rpgs...

Blue rose (received and loved)
Delta green (waiting on case handlers book)
Pugmire (waiting and out soon)
Kult divinity lost (waiting)
Tales from the loop (received and awesome)
Mutant: mechatron (waiting)
And sigils and signs! (Waiting)

Some ive been waiting for a while.. people little to loose with their release estimates, but gotten pdfs so i know the stuff is good at least.

Trying to slow down on buying games cause... well... i look at all the books i got, story ideas, characters, and so forth made for them, and bow most ive never even gotten to play... ki da gets depressing...

Offline William Blake

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2017, 04:00:13 AM »
Sure, I'll jump on this train. Love me some RPGs.

FFG Star Wars (Edge, Age, Force)
D20 Star Wars (all editions)
D6 Star Wars
D6 Fantasy
Fantasy AGE
Dungeons and Dragons (various editions; currently only sitting on the 5E rules)
Symbaroum
A Song of Ice and Fire RPG (GoT edition)
Dark Heresy/Only War/Deathwatch/Black Crusade/Rogue Trader
D20 Modern
End of the World
Maid: The RPG (because why not?)
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer: The RPG
Vampire V20 (could access other editions)
Call of Cthulhu (all editions except 7th, I think?)

And my current favorite:

Mutant: Year Zero

I have a few "one page games" and similar lying around on PDF. Pathfinder CRB is lying around somewhere. Had Paranoia at one point; not sure I still do, though. I'm on an RPG kick, though, and if I weren't already broke, I'd own a lot more: Coriolis, Tales from the Loop, Star Trek Adventures all top the list.

Someone here asked about Symbaroum? It didn't fit the purposes I had for it when I acquired it, but it's a very cool system. Dark fantasy, but done in a way that isn't necessarily the same way everyone has already done it. Great artwork (if that makes a game for you; it kind of does for me). Decent system, if I recall, as well as a quasi-class-based chargen system. Races are definitely unique.

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2017, 09:22:45 PM »
Not sure if anybody is a Dr Who fan but right now the Dr. Who rpg system and a lot of its supplementals are on sale in a bundle on Humblebundle.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2017, 06:18:41 PM »
The Palladium Fantasy RPG 1st edition revised recently added.  ;D

Offline Avalon29

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »
I backed a new system on Kickstarter today called Spire RPG today. It's about playing as members of a Dark Elf resistance and and rebelling against High-Elf overlords in an urban fantasy-punk setting. Due to reaching a certain stretch goal there's going to be a class that transforms into spider creatures. I know it's probably going to be different then I imagine but the temptation to play as a drider character is hard to ignore. :p

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »
That sounds pretty cool.  :-)

I'm currently looking forward to the new edition of Warhammer Fantasy RPG (set pre-End Times in the old world) and also Age of Sigmar RPG (which has the same devs though a different system to represent Nine Realms era).

I think you can play as aelfs in the AoS rpg, not sure though. I expect you could, as elf was a race in the old WFRP editions.

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
Has there been any confirmation of someone picking up the 40k RPG licenses after the deal with FFG finished up? I'd be far more interested in those than the WFRP ones, pre or post End Times.

Offline wander

• Lord
  • Addict
  • Nurgle's Buttbringer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2017, 11:11:36 PM »
Not that I know of... I sort of hope if they do that they pick a lighter system though. As great as the 40K rpgs are when you reach combat (I found it surprisingly easy to play, despite what seems like pages of crunch), I found character creation to be a bit of a chore and it's seemingly complex system is a hard sell for those not used to it.

Something like Eclipse Phase, Cortex Plus, Traveller or what Chthonian Stars uses would be crunchy enough to take all the gear and customisation whilst still being relatively light enough to get people interested. Even something like PbtA games would make a fun 40K game.

Though I imagine if the WFRP and AoS rpgs do well, 40K will probably be picked up by the same devs, Cubicle 7 (Doctor Who, Adventures in Middle Earth, The One Ring, Lone Wolf, various Cthulhu rpgs).

I'm interested in what system the AoS rpg will run with though. I gather the WFRP 4e will be very similar to the older rules for that. Age of Sigmar I expect will have a more hero scaled system, for bigger and more action packed adventuring.

Imagine a Kharadron Overlord based campaign, playing as part of a steampunk dorf warband sky-pirating on an Arkanaut Frigate...  XD