You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 24, 2020, 06:53:53 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Be A Friend!
Recommend a writer.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Blue Boy Painting - Time Traveling  (Read 529 times)

Offline VelvetSatinTopic starter

The Blue Boy Painting - Time Traveling
« on: December 17, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »

This role-play will revolve around the painting that is called "The Blue Boy" from Thomas Gainsborough in 1770. It is a very famous painting which depicts a boy named Jonathan Buttall wearing period clothing in all blue. The clothing he was wearing was actually 140 years or so older than the time period he was in. He was 18 years old when the artist did the painting. Jonathan Buttall was the son of a wealthy Hardware merchant who knew the artist. The painting was in Jonathan's possession until he claimed bankruptcy. The original painting now resides at the Huntington Library in San Marino, CA.

In this thread my character will be visiting the library and becomes infatuated with the painting. It will be a night showing and when she is alone in the room, the painting comes to life and Jonathan pulls her into the picture and brings her into his world in the late 1700's. Can a modern girl survive in such a world? Lets find out.

Character Description:

Rachel Ambrose
5'4"
125 lbs
Long brown hair
Brown eyes

The Huntington Library was having an evening gala event where guests could wander about looking at all the artifacts inside. Rachel had never been here before so she didn't know quite what to expect. It was a warm August night and she went to the library with only 2 of her friends. While inside she enjoyed the beautiful sights and soon made her way to the art section. Most of the paintings really didn't catch her eye until she saw The Blue Boy. She stood before it staring up and was in awe at it's beauty. She didn't understand why she was so drawn towards it. Her friends eventually pulled her away to look at other rooms but an hour into the event she went back to The Blue Boy again and noticed that she was now alone in the room. The more she stared at it, the more something odd seemed to happen. She could have sworn that his eyes moved. Blinking a few times she looked at it again. The expression on his face changed and she gasped. "This must definitly be my mind playing tricks on me" she said aloud softly.

Turning to leave she saw more movement and so she walked back to the painting. Leaning in closer it appeared as though he was moving his hand. She became enthralled and couldn't take her eyes off the framed piece of art...

I am looking for those who are gifted detailed writers who can write a few paragraphs worth. Both males and females are welcome.

UPDATE:

I am willing to to use a different painting or method for her to time travel. If there is a specific painting that strikes your fancy let me know. If you'd rather not use a painting, then we can come up with an idea that would send her back in time. I am not rigid in the idea that we have to use The Blue Boy, it was merely a suggestion.

Also, if the time traveling idea doesn't strike you, then I am also willing to just do an historical role-play. I am open to the time frame, although I am partial to the 1700's through the 1800's. Possibly the very early 1900's. American or European is fine with me. I am open to ideas as well as the plot so don't be afraid to suggest something to me!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:21:20 PM by VelvetSatin »

Re: The Blue Boy Painting - Time Traveling
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
Updated with a few other suggestions

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »
Added photo of painting for reference

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 04:23:09 PM »
Opening this up again.

Looking for those (female or male) who are interested in time traveling. I can also play the male.