~ Coming Down ~ (MxF, MxM, or MxT* - BDSM - Modern - Religion) (closed!)

Started by Blythe, November 25, 2016, 09:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Update: I've received some interest in this, so this idea is no longer available. Sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4aHioZeUQ

"I found a savior;
I don't think he remembers.
'Cause he's off to pay his crimes,
and he's got no time for mine."

I've long been craving a roleplay based on this song. It's a beautiful song. I was thinking of trying my hand at writing a priest of the Catholic church. I'd like to play a cismale character of the Church.

Now, what I'm wanting to do is explore more of the emotional aspect of a budding forbidden romance. I know, I know, a bit of a cliche, right, a priest regretting his vows? But I don't want him to leave the Church, and I genuinely want him to be able to sin and yet still maintain his faith. I want him to be fallible, human, and perhaps a little broken. Perhaps he entered the clergy young and never really got to taste what the world had to offer...or perhaps he's a criminal who shed his past as he donned his new robes. Has he met your character before...but doesn't remember them?

Your character can be of any gender--cismale, cisfemale, transmale, transfemale, or non-binary, but what I want to play with is the idea that our characters fall in love. How they fall in love is for us to decide. Does your character come seeking solace in the church late one night and find a sympathetic ear? Or does my character, in the confessional booth, suddenly find that the penitent member of the flock can offer more absolution to him than he could to them? Anyways, while I would like them to eventually develop a loving yet taboo BDSM relationship where my character is the Dom, sex is not the focus for this. I want to focus on the spiritual conflict, the scandal of hiding their secrets from a conservative religious community, the possible repercussions from your character's family and my character's friends in the Church itself...and whether or not their relationship is doomed.

We can discuss particulars over PMs if anyone is interested; I'll update this post if the idea gets taken. But things you should note about me:

- Please read my O/Os before contacting me.
- Writers of any gender welcome so long as you'll play a character that interests me.
- I'm roughly posting 1 - 2 times a week right now, with occasional slowdowns or speed-ups. I appreciate patient co-writers.
- I'm not super versed with Catholic doctrine; I don't expect 100% realism. :)