Paragraph spacing

Started by Whowhatwhere, November 16, 2016, 08:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whowhatwhere

Harumph. My preferred method of writing makes my posts look screwy. I compose everything in Notepad, all the BBCode, then cut and paste. The paragraphs always come out double spaced, even though it is single spaced in the edit window! I try deleting the spaces and respacing before I hit submit, to no avail. If I leave no space between paragraphs, either in Notepad or in E, there's no space displayed. And I guess you all know the problem of modifying a post with an image embedded: the image disappears. And sometimes sentences and paragraphs appear tiny after an edit. I just have to wipe everything and re-paste.

Any ideas on what the heck is going on?
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Caedy

I usually write my posts in notepad and wait until I put in the BBC code once I get it in the edit window.  Unless it is something using the acronym tag or things like that.  Mainly because I have crap for focus and usually can't remember the BBC codes for the pictures and things like that. 

I've not had the double spacing problem before to be honest.
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Mintprincess

I write in google docs and that happens to me when I copy paste directly into E.  I double space between paragraphs and it comes out triple spaced.  If I paste from my email it doesn't happen (at least not on my phone).  It is a recent thing that I have to go back and fix all the spacing after pasting.  I don't think the BBC has anything to do with it :/

RampantDesires

When you right click to paste there should be a "Paste as plain text" option (or shift+ctrl+v).  This might help get rid of extraneous spacings. 

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

vin26m

I also use Notepad for writing posts.

I think the problem is one of your profile settings.  I tried changing my setting and I started seeing your issues with spacing.

Do this:

Click Profile.

Under Modify Profile, click Look and Layout.

Make sure the last checkbox, "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default." is NOT checked.