Stargate Altantis ends in janurary

Started by King_Furby, December 15, 2008, 08:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

For us fans out there the series ends next month and then there isn't really much to do as far as stargate is concerned.

I think it's a great series but i am disapointed in how it looks to be ending. Unlike with Sg-1 there really isn't a big plot line or enemy. Toward the end of sg-1 there was the ori who were then finished in the first movie. with atlantis it looks like there will be a large number of open plot lines like with those rebel asguards. But it's still a great show.

We do got the MMO that is in developement and Stargate Universe is coming in summer 09. Speaking of Stargate Universe the lead actor was announced to be Robert Carlyle. I have never heard of him.

The Overlord

The name sounded somewhat familiar, among other things he did Eragon in 2006.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001015/

Sci-Fi I noticed is playing a string of James Bond flicks tonight, which to this I'm sure Saul Tigh would say about fracking time, but for me it's too little too late.

Sci-Fi is abandoning everything that make Sci-Fi Friday great, and now I'm going to abandon it. I suppose with Battlestar and Atlantis gone next year, we're doomed to a downward spiral of increasingly worse Stephen Baldwin films and economy budget foam rubber monster of the month 'horror' movies.

At this point, between four MMO's I own, I could kick my TV over the edge of a cliff and not miss it.

Avi

The reality shows (Chase and Estate of Panic) are annoying, but I still find Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth compelling.  Hopefully those won't get axed anytime soon.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

King_Furby

I had my information wrong, atlantis doesn't end till janurary, i edted the title. the tv said the next to last episode will be on the 2nd or something.

I actually like chase and estate of panic but those shows probably wont get another season as the novility will wear off. battlestar isn't interesting at all to me.

But your right untill universe and the next season of dr who comes to sci-fi i wont' have anything to watch on the channel.

The Overlord

People I know have markedly different views of Ghost Hunters. My cousin thinks it's completely staged bovine dung, where I am remaining more open minded. Either way it's good TV, especially the live all-night Halloween specials.

Estate of Panic is just Survivor with rooms full of hanging cow guts, and Chase would be truly sad if not for the hilarious factor. I'm laughing at the moronic chase guys that look like knockoffs from Men in Black. I'd like to get on there so I could bushwhack a few of them and humiliate them on national TV, I say why run from the hunters when you can turn them into the hunted, but I'm sure that's not in spirit with the game.

Doc Who is the only other thing going to be worth watching.

Oniya

Quote from: The Overlord on December 16, 2008, 10:52:19 PM
Estate of Panic is just Survivor with rooms full of hanging cow guts

I saw the ad for that, and commented to my husband that the scariest thing in there was the knee-deep water in the basement.

But that's just me.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Revolverman

Sci-fi ended when it took on WRESTLING (note, I like wrestling, but on SCI-FI!? come on!)

Silver

Quote from: Revolverman on December 17, 2008, 10:39:04 AM
Sci-fi ended when it took on WRESTLING (note, I like wrestling, but on SCI-FI!? come on!)

*snickers*

So I take it that no one is happy that BSG is coming back in Jan.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

King_Furby

I kind of like those cheezy b-movies lol. something good to watch when nothing else is on.

I heard though someone else will be the doctor this next season, if thats true thats only going to piss me off. But i will still watch the show.