You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 22, 2016, 06:51:08 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: From me to you  (Read 100 times)

Offline DominaNoctisTopic starter

From me to you
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »
What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy? What do you want to find, and what do you expect to find? What do you look for in an on-line community, in general? What kind of online communities do you have experience with? Please be descriptive.
~My husband is a huge writing fan and a lover of Elliquiy. After a thorough explanation of what ya'll have going here, a lengthy conversation about how it would directly affect us and how we view things done here I decided to join him in this venture. In seeing his excitement in starting his stories back up, as well as starting new ones with like minded people and myself, I could not help but be excited as well. (And after having him read some of his stories to me, I have to say that this sounds like a wonderfully fun idea)
~This would be my very first step into any type of online writing community, so I am very interested to see how this plays out

Gender - Your gender, not that of any character(s) you play. This determines whether you get accepted as a Lord, Lady, or Liege (for transgenders, intersex, etc) and determines a number of minor OOC things on this site. A full explanation of Elliquiy’s tag and badge system can be found here.   You are not required to reveal your 'other' status if you do not wish to, but since a number of sensitive discussions take place within various membergroups, we dislike changing these tags after approval.

A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. You don't need to give your birth date, but some people like to make anecdotes about their age - remembering presidencies or other events.
Definitely. I remember the high school class I was walking to when I first heard about the twin towers being hit
Confirmation that you understand our rules. You are responsible for bringing up any questions if you do not understand our rules, so please note any on which you need clarification here.
I understand.

Your native language(s) and what region you are from.  What language(s) do you speak, and where are you from? List your primary language first and include all others in order of fluency. Elliquiy is an English speaking community but it is also a global one.  We welcome members from all over the world, and we love to know where our members hail from.
English is my one and only language, unless Dean Martin's Italian songs count, but even then I have to Google the meanings lol.
United States

Tell us how you found us, please? A link from another site, another member, a search engine phrase...
My husband has been a member here for a while, and he is the one who introduced me.

What aspects of our community are you interested in? That is, are you here primarily to roleplay or would you be interested in partaking of more? Elliquiy isn't just an adult roleplaying site. It has forums for storytelling, poetry, and art. There are places to socialize with other members, build worlds, and even discuss things like religion and politics. If you’d like to see what we mean, you can check out our preview of Elliquiy, which shows you what it looks like to an approved member.
Honestly before I started this questionnaire I was unaware of anything past the roleplaying and storytelling aspect, but find myself with renewed interest in seeing that other forums are out there. I have always found myself writing, maybe not all out stories and wouldn't say anything fancy enough to call a poem, but more jumbled thoughts that more often than not end up as scattered pieces of paper all throughout my life. And I kind of love the idea of putting some of that out there for a more open like minded people to see, to relate to.
But at the root of it all I would like to be able to share in the entire experience of the back and forth creative story design that I have seen through my husbands stories.

How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? Do you do this yourself? Would you write with someone who is doing this? Due to the nature of our member tags, you will always be aware beforehand of your cowriter's gender. (If you are transgendered or intersex, feel free to adapt this question appropriately.)
This is not something I have personally done, but I do not believe that anyone has the right to judge how one person views themselves or from which perspective they choose to write. I do think thought that it shows a stronger adaptability and greater writing skill to be able to effectively write from the other side of their perspective gender. As such I don't foresee a situation in which a certain gender writing as it's opposite would matter to me. 

Your sexual preferences (as in, homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, we also take pansexual, omnisexual, etc as answers) This of course is another important question - we don't want to put you in a situation that you aren't comfortable with.

How do you feel about sexualities besides your own? Please elaborate on your answer.
There again I do not judge. As long as your perspective partner is of age, willing and not an animal, more power to you. Who am I to tell you who you think is pretty, or to restrict your affection and love?

Are you willing to accept and make friends of other sexual natures or enthusiasts of various kinks even though you may want no part of them?
Past willing to already there. I think that in deciding to view things, ideas, concepts from only one perspective limits your world, your mind. When you refuse to see things from different angles, you are essentially hindering yourself. And just because I don't enjoy someones specific kink does not mean that I can not speak to them or befriend them.

Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. Fetishes you do not like, styles you cannot appreciate and attitudes that annoy you are all valid answers here.
Any involvement of characters under the age of 18, urine, feces, menstrual blood or animals

Are you new to role playing? If so, would you like someone to help you get more involved? If you are experienced, are you familiar with adult role playing, and do you play any systems such as Dungeons and Dragons? Please elaborate.
Yes, outside of text stories with my husband this is all brand new. Before I met him this year I had not had any experience in any form of role playing stories or games. One of the things I am actually looking forward to the most with this is us doing this together.

Elaborate on what you consider a roleplaying partner to be. If you are new to role playing, what are you expecting? If you are experienced, what do you consider a partner to be?
As previously stated, I am new to this, and at this point am not really sure what to expect. Curiosity would kill this cat.

As part of the application process, would you prefer crazy questions, a writing prompt, both or neither? Our members have a habit of asking lots of questions of people like yourself. Since this became a burden for some while others loved it, it is now optional. If you say you would like neither, the staff and our mentoring team will simply ask you questions about RP and your interests in general.
I tend to be a very direct person and appreciate that in others, so by all means throw whatever crazy, random or direct questions you may have at me.

Do you have any questions of us? If you have any questions or desires of us in a more direct fashion, please feel free to let us know.

Offline Beautiful Mystery

• Beautifully Mysterious Woman ⊰ Sofia's 'sista from another mista' ⊰ Sakura's Chickaboo
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • There is a wild side behind this innocent face ;)
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: From me to you
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
Welcome to Elliquiy DominaNoctis!

So glad you found your way to Elliquiy!

My name is Beautiful Mystery, one of the mentors here at Elliquiy. You can call me BeMy if you would like. Mentors are here to help guide you through the approval process and try to make things go as smooth as possible. If you ever have any question, please post them into this thread so either the mentors or members can help you out! 

Thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire, it is much appreciated. This helps us get to know you better while the approval process takes place. It can take up to a minimum of 72 hours for the application to be processed and up to a week or longer. Please keep in mind that approval is never guaranteed. For more information about the approval process, you can go here.

In the meantime, there is still things that are available to you to explore and meet some new members! The Doormat is a place where you can socializing with other applicants and members of E. Forum Games/Socializing is a place where you can get a little silly and play games with other members and applicants. The ShoutBox is what is found at the top of the page, a realtime chat that both applicants and members hang around in. Please read the rules before joining in though.

There is even a roleplay section for you to make connections and roleplay in. If you are interested, check out the Non-Adult Role Plays section.

Please remember to keep all of your posts in these threads PG-13, including in your introduction thread and any images you wish to share. Please, do not post personal information in any to these threads as well. I hope that you find the approval process fun! Remember to check your thread regularly to answer any new questions that have been left for you.

To start things off, I would like to leave you with a crazy question:

Congratulations! You have been given 1 million dollars! The catch? You can only spend it on three things that start with the first letter of your username (D). What do you buy and why? Please remember to keep your answers PG-13!

I look forward to your response and wish you luck on approval!

-Beautiful Mystery

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:41:07 AM »
Hey there! Welcome to Elliquiy and I hope you enjoy your approval process! Mind if I toss you a question?

Describe your dream home. What does it look like? Where is it at? What do you fill it with?

Offline Ralhend

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 02:20:28 AM »
I Lue You =D

And now, a question:  What does "Domina Noctus" mean, and why did you choose that as your nickname?

(Okay, shame on me for telling you to cut and paste the questionnaire without advising you to change the colors of your answers, to make it more visually-palatable for everyone.  Im going to have to learn you how to HTML.)

Anyways. Here is the skinny (Minus the asterisks):   [*Color=Whatever] Whatever text you want to have the specified color [*/color]
For example:   
[*color=red] blah blah blah blah blah blah [*/color] 
would look like 
blah blah blah blah blah blah
without the asteristsks...  put the bracket thingies around your answer so it pops out and makes it easier to read.

Or you can be lazy like me and use the dropdown thingy if you go back and edit it.  Highlight each answer and click on the "Change Color" dropdown menu

Here is my intro thread for you to laugh at dear.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 10:09:05 PM »
Thank you for the kind welcome Beautiful Mystery & Rel Mayer! Much love!
I do feel as if I am stumbling in the dark here,so advice is appreciated!

As to BeMy's question (very good question, one that took me a while of thinking to decide my answers): You have been given 1 million dollars! The catch? You can only spend it on three things that start with the first letter of your username (D). What do you buy and why?
Thing 1- Degree. Hands down. There are so many different things you can blow your money on, but what better to spend it on than that which can continuously give back to you? And intelligence is always something I have admired in others.
Thing 2-Dock. Have my own private dock on a nice big lake, place to keep the canoes & kayaks at to take off any time I like, where family would gather to fish and swim...Yes please. Done Deal.
Thing 3-Dog shelter. To have the financial funding to support a shelter would be amazing. To have that kind of impact, maybe have trainers come in to teach the shelter dogs to be service dogs to continue the positive impact outwards. Isn't it what each person strives for to be able to make a difference, to have the things that you do matter? That would definitely matter.

And for you Rel Mayer (I really dig your question by the way): Describe your dream home. What does it look like? Where is it at? What do you fill it with?
I have always been a huge fan of the outdoors, so for me a dream location would be somewhere near the mountains that I could hike. Where I could take walks up a secret trail to a hidden waterfall that flows down to a river at the mountains base, so I could swim or kayak anytime I like.  Where finding an adventure or just an escape is as simple as opening your front door.
As far as the house itself, I have am a big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright style homes. Where the house is built from materials in the surrounding area. The way the houses are not huge monstrosity's cutting grate paths through the land, but molding to it, becoming part of the area in which the home is built. I've never been much for the froofroo and fancy things, but the idea of your home being part of the mountain, a river running though it, a tree growing through it, yeah that house puts stars in my eyes.
And what would I fill it with?...The things that I guess anyone would, the things that matter to them, the things that make them happy, that bring joy to them. For me that would be mementos of places I have been that would remind me of my travels or important moments. It would be pictures of friends and family, to keep those that matter most to you close always. Poems and paintings that touch my heart or male me think would make the list. My hobby stuff would have to be there, oh and a library. Now that is one thing that I wouldn't mind having a little froofoo on, like Beauty and the Beast kind of library. Now that is drool worthy.

And last, but never least, for my love RH   ;)
And now, a question:  What does "Domina Noctus" mean, and why did you choose that as your nickname?
Even though you know the answer, you sneaky man, to detail it for others...Domina Noctis is the Latin translation for Empress of the Night.
I tend to look for deeper meaning in the things I surround myself with, in art (especially my ink) and in the names I tend to assign people and things because I am absolutely terrible at remembering names. And more so that I call or see things as they are, not by their given name. Domina Noctis or Empress of the Night, falls into that category because as a Myers Briggs INTJ Female, dark and intimidating tends to fit.
Latin because it is the language from which romance languages come from, it is a base language, one that others can trace their roots back to. If you understand it, then the others would therefore be easier to understand, if not in detail then generally.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:43:33 PM »
Welcome to Elliquiy, DominaNoctis. It's a pleasure to meet you.
It is our hope that you find an inviting, friendly atmosphere and have fun with the approval process.
Up to another crazy question?
I would like you to pick your favorite clothing accessory, be it hat, belt, jewelry, scarf, whatever. Pretend it is sentient and can speak. What are some of the things it might want to tell you through the day?
(May be treated as a question or prompt.)

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 09:04:34 PM »
Thank you Oreo,
From what I have seen so far it has been both interesting and inviting, more welcoming than I would have expected, and thought provoking, which is always fun.
As to your question: I would like you to pick your favorite clothing accessory, be it hat, belt, jewelry, scarf, whatever. Pretend it is sentient and can speak. What are some of the things it might want to tell you through the day?
Truth be told I never have been much for accessories, I am not one to wear hats and scarfs or to wear much in the way of jewelry. But,with that being said, I do wear a few rings. I do not often wear them at the same time, but they all hold great value to me. Not in price or money that could be gained from selling them, but in what they are to me. The meaning that they hold for me and the people that I love.
I think that were these rings sentient and able to speak they would do similarly what they do for me know, in reminding me of what they mean, what each piece stands for and of the memories attached to them and the person they are for.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 09:11:06 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I stopped wearing jewelry about 20 years ago, but there are some pieces I just can't let go because of that sentimental attachment. :D

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 09:20:47 PM »
You are more than welcome Oreo. I have to say that these thought provoking questions have been a lot of fun.
I stopped wearing jewelry for a long time for the bad memories attached to jewelry in general, but never could seem to let go of two of my rings. But as we all try to do, I let some of that go and started wearing them again, and added a new one. That last one though I blame all on RH lol  ;) ;D

Offline Ralhend

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 09:43:47 PM »
Ahem.  Dearest. You were the one who chose the artisan and the ring. :P

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
RH that is absolutely true, but without you there would be no ring  ;)