You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 19, 2018, 09:43:59 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: YouTube Recommendations  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Sain

Re: YouTube Recommendations
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2018, 05:42:52 AM »
Real Stories

Has collection of stories from various criminals big and small and other real life accounts of people you might otherwise never hear. Really interesting if you want to pick up quirks or a touch of realism for some stranger character concepts.

Offline TotesRiderTopic starter

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2018, 11:25:21 PM »
Got a few new ones for y'all

TierZoo: Much like Botchamania, this is one of those weirdly specific crossovers that works so well somehow. Essentially it's a nature and wildlife channel, but it presents the information as though it were a build guide videos or Tier descriptions. It's both informative and hilarious.
Should Dinosaurs be UnBanned?
Abusing the Game's physics Engine

Amoeba Music: The legendary music store has a channel. I mostly recommend this for the 'Whats in my Bag?' series where musicians... well show what they bought. It's actually pretty insightful and surprising at times. And a good way to also find some new tunes.

McMuscles: The side channel of Matt from the Super Best Friends Play group. He does a ton of series from retrospects, Bug Report (taking a look at games he used to test back in QA), Wii Remember (looking back at hidden gems on the Wii), and my favorite being Crymetina Critiques where his wife critiques various fighting game character's fashion choices.

And right now my favorite channel right now

Stop Skeletons from fighting: If you love video games, video game history, video game oddities, etc etc then you need to check their channel. Also I bring them up because Derek is one of those guys that you can tell is absolutely GENUINELY passionate about this stuff which is what we need more of on youtube, especially in the video game space.
Here's some of my favorites
I Can't Believe It's GBA 3D 2
Console RTS games
Rule of Rose Review (ft Matt McMuscles)
Secrets of the N64 Expansion Pack

Offline Wolven Essence

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2018, 06:57:08 PM »
A recent discovery of mine, a channel by the name of Corpse Husband.  People send him their scary stories, and he narrates them to the background of some creepy pictures.  He has a fantastic voice for it and I find myself going through them video by video.

Offline CassieBear

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2018, 10:57:52 PM »
Peter Brown is pretty awesome. I've been watching his stuff for a couple years. I feel you don't need to know much if anything about wood working (or resin art) to enjoy his brand of humor and his projects. Plus he constantly puts his lathe to the test by turning everything from wood to rock salt to resin. And as a bonus, he's a geek!

Offline Love And Submission

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »

Weirdly, Kanakuri remained an official missing person in Sweden for about 5 decades, even though he competed in the 1920 Olympics in Antwerp and the 1924 Olympics in Paris (he was also set to run in the 1916 Olympics, but WW1 got in the way).

Online Azuresun

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »
The Prime Thanatos and Confused Bi-Product of a Misinformed Culture. Synthwave and all things 80's. This is my go-to for background music when I'm painting or writing.

My favourites:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Wood Division Adventures

A compilation of player-submitted funny moments from League of Legends. The editing is what makes this stand out--not obtrusive and over-memed, and with great comic timing.

Super Eyepatch Wolf. Videos on media, mainly focused on anime & manga. He gives a really interesting breakdown of what makes a series tick, and the story behind their creation. One note of caution--though the "Why you should watch X" videos are good, the footage that accompanies them later in the video can verge on spoiler territory.

My favourites:

VaatVidya

I'm terrible at games like Dark Souls / Bloodborne, which is why I'm grateful for this channel. He goes deep into the lore of the games, and the incredible amount of detail tucked away in them, coupled with amazing presentation.

Postmodern Jukebox. Jazz and cabaret covers of songs you really wouldn't expect to hear in that style.

My favourites:

And lastly, the single most awesome video on Youtube. :)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:57:11 PM by Azuresun »

Offline Snake

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2018, 09:14:00 PM »
Some of my favorites are stuff like

Joe Robinet
TA outdoors
Skallagrim
Shadiversity
Published Creepsworth
SomecallmeJohnny