You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 24, 2017, 01:40:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Seis' Introductory Thread  (Read 99 times)

Offline SeisTopic starter

Seis' Introductory Thread
« on: October 12, 2016, 11:11:07 PM »
What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy? I am joining Elliquiy in the hopes of writing with a variety of friendly, mature people, that will allow me to create as complicated or simple plots as I like with interesting characters. Regardless of the type of online communities I join, I generally look for open-minded, kind, mature people that not only have the potential to spark friendships but also challenge me to think critically (about either my own beliefs/views, or about actions I take as a writer). I've roleplayed before on platforms such as Tumblr and Discord, but am hoping to branch out.
Gender - I am female/a woman.
A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. I am, in fact, over the age of eighteen (18). :) I'll be turning 20 this upcoming Tuesday, actually.
Confirmation that you understand our rules. I do confirm that I understand Elliquiy's rules.
Your native language(s) and what region you are from. My native language is English, and I am from the United States.
Tell us how you found us, please? I found this site through a friend, when asking about RP communities he could recommend. He did not personally use the website but had another friend who *did* use the website and recommended it because said friend had enjoyed it. Because of this, I do not know the member's name.
What aspects of our community are you interested in? I am primarily here to roleplay, though, as an artist and a writer, I can see myself branching out in other parts of the community once I become more familiar with them.
How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? I have absolutely no problem with this, and do it myself on occasion. I have quite a few original characters of varying genders, builds, and personalities, and would find it to be a shame if I couldn't be allowed to use them on the basis of them not being exactly like me.
Your sexual preferences. I consider myself heteroflexible (mostly heterosexual, with the exception of the occasional interest in other women).
How do you feel about sexualities besides your own? I don't hold very strong opinions about sexualities different to mine, since I don't feel that it affects my ability to create friendships with said people, nor does it affect my ability to write with said people (which is my primarily purpose for joining Elliquiy).
Are you willing to accept and make friends of other sexual natures or enthusiasts of various kinks even though you may want no part of them? Yes.
Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. I do not like when people pressure me to take on certain roles without considering whether or not I want to take on said roles at that time (for example -- sometimes I want to be submissive, sometimes not. I do not like when people assume what I am feeling). I do not like "one line" or otherwise extremely short responses, especially when I've written a considerably longer response prior to it. I do not like anything involving feet, vore, diapers, ageplay, knives/blood, micro/macro/unrealistic or distorted body proportions. 
Are you new to role playing? I am an experienced roleplayer with several years under my belt, but I do not use any systems such as D&D.
Elaborate on what you consider a roleplaying partner to be. A roleplaying partner is open with communication outside of the roleplay itself, and brings new ideas and discussion to the table, and is a reasonable person who is (hopefully) cordial in all of our discussions.
As part of the application process, would you prefer crazy questions, a writing prompt, both or neither? Honestly, any would be acceptable, but out of the four I would probably prefer a writing prompt.
Do you have any questions of us? I do not have any questions the site itself, no.

Offline Beautiful Mystery

• Beautifully Mysterious Woman ♔ Beemer ♔ The Caroline Channing to Sofia's Max Black ♔ Sakura's Chickaboo
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • There is a wild side behind this innocent face ;)
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Seis' Introductory Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »
Welcome to Elliquiy Seis!

So glad you found your way to Elliquiy!

My name is Beautiful Mystery, one of the mentors here at Elliquiy. You can call me BeMy if you would like. Mentors are here to help guide you through the approval process and try to make things go as smooth as possible. If you ever have any question, please post them into this thread so either the mentors or members can help you out! 

Thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire, it is much appreciated. This helps us get to know you better while the approval process takes place. It can take up to a minimum of 72 hours for the application to be processed and up to a week or longer. Please keep in mind that approval is never guaranteed. For more information about the approval process, you can go here.

In the meantime, there is still things that are available to you to explore and meet some new members! The Doormat is a place where you can socializing with other applicants and members of E. Forum Games/Socializing is a place where you can get a little silly and play games with other members and applicants. The ShoutBox is what is found at the top of the page, a realtime chat that both applicants and members hang around in. Please read the rules before joining in though.

There is even a roleplay section for you to make connections and roleplay in. If you are interested, check out the Non-Adult Role Plays section.

Please remember to keep all of your posts in these threads PG-13, including in your introduction thread and any images you wish to share. Please, do not post personal information in any to these threads as well. I hope that you find the approval process fun! Remember to check your thread regularly to answer any new questions that have been left for you.

To start things off, I would like to leave you with a prompt:

Please write a scene of comfortable length where the main character has just won the lottery! Feel free to make it as silly or serious, short or long as you wish. Let your creativity flag fly high! Just please keep it PG-13.

I look forward to your response and wish you luck on approval!

-Beautiful Mystery

Offline PennySludt

• Clever as the Devil and twice as pretty ~ Declared an irresistible muse ~ Sister to the Eris ~ Snuggle Shark, watch out! ~ Random PMs ALWAYS welcome!
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • take me. use me. fill me. leave me.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »
Hello! Welcome to Elliquiy! :-) Happy early birthday!

Id like to leave you with a (hopefully) fun writing prompt if I may?

Id love to _____ but my _____ just _____! (And then write a story that follows it.)

Enjoy your approval process, and good luck! :-)

Online Oreo

• Genderless ~Clotho~ ~ALWAYS HUGGABLE~ Doddering Ailurophile ^_^
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • Location: *hand flail* I know this one. lōˈkāSH(ə)n/ noun: a particular place or position.
  • I am the moon
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 03:27:31 PM »
Welcome to Elliquiy, Seis, it's a pleasure to meet you.
I hope you enjoy yourself and have fun with the approval process.

~o~
Take a look around the room you are in right now.
Which inanimate object is most likely to have an argument with you.
Why is it upset and what does it tell you?

(May be treated as a question or prompt.)

Online Oreo

• Goddess
  • Carnite
  • Location: *hand flail* I know this one. lōˈkāSH(ə)n/ noun: a particular place or position.
  • I am the moon
  • View My Rolls
Inactive poster moved to Held Introductions.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 11:42:01 PM »
This introduction has been moved to the archives due to inactivity.

You may resume the application process by continuing activity in this thread. A staff member will move it back to the main board when you post here again.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 09:24:13 AM »
Oh boy... October to February is a bit of a jump! Not very wise of me to try to make this account right before midterms... but I would love to take part now that I have the time! Hello again, everybody!

A few members here left me with some really cool prompts before I skedaddled, so I think I'll go ahead and respond to those first, if that's okay? ;)

But I'd be open to additional silly/crazy/general questions or simple prompts as well.

Online Oreo

• Goddess
  • Carnite
  • I am the moon
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 09:32:03 AM »
Moving you back. ; )

Offline Flower

• Rumpelstiltskin ❀❀Bunny Goddess❀❀ ♥♥Mountain of Adamant♥♥ ❀❀Introvert ❀❀
  • Lady Mentor
  • Carnite
  • The blood of the stars flowed in her veins.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:35:51 AM »
Welcome back! No worries. School always comes first. ^_^

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »
Thank you both for the warm welcome! Oh, and here's BeMy's prompt from forever and a half ago:

"Get up, Johnny!"

"Ngh...?"

It can't be. It's Saturday, and though his eyes are shut, he doesn't feel the blinding light of the morning sun against his eyelids. So it's early.

Way too early.

He flips over, ready to give whomever dared to enter his room this early on a Saturday nothing less than his utmost wrath, until the intruder repeats the statement.

"Johnny!!! Mom says to get up, come on."

Oh. Well, he can't yell at any 8 year old without getting hell for it, especially not his own sister. Reluctantly, he leaves his bed, trudging after Jane into the living room to see what the commotion is.

Upon arrival, however, its less of a commotion, and more of his mother just sitting hunched forward in a recliner, tiny slip of card stock paper in her hands.

Her eyes flicked between the lotto ticket and the paused screen of the television in front of her, and the way her lips are parted, but not moving, Johnny can tell she's struggling to find the words to say.

The boy's attention is stolen once again as his little sister tugs at his tee shirt, whispering. "She says we'll be able to finally leave this place. That's... that's good, right?!"

Johnny blinks. That's not right.

Offline RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • If this love is pain then honey let's hurt tonight
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
Hi there Seis :-) Good to see you back!  Since you have a few more prompts waiting I'd like to just leave you a crazy question if you don't mind.

You've been asked to step in as a fantasy figure from childhood (such as Santa, Easter Bunny, Monster in Closet, and so forth) which one would you chose to be? What would be the best part of your new job? The worst?

Have a great week!