You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 20, 2018, 09:29:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Uplifting / Positive News Stories  (Read 15181 times)

Offline midnightblack

Re: Uplifting / Positive News Stories
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »
Nothing like kicking off a Monday morning with a healthy dose of schadenfreude. ^^

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45779107

So, the hopeless idiots screwing my country over for the past 30 years or so and their puppet-masters in Russia figured out that by far the most urgent problem that needs addressing is a clearer statement of the way a family is defined in the Constitution. Right now it says 'marriage between partners', but they figured it has to say 'marriage between a man and a woman', because apparently we're still in the Dark Ages over here.  ::)

Anyway, what followed was about 35 million $ spent on the referendum alone and several weeks of the most sickening campaign against Western decadence, the LGBT monsters that want to steal our children and sell their organs and other such demented topics, spearheaded by politicians from all parties and the church. At the end of it all, basically nobody showed up to vote, thus sending the debacle straight into the dust bin of history.

As for the people behind it, do humanity a service and foad pls? ^^

Offline BlytheTopic starter

« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »
Misread the article at first, gah. Had a post here but removed it to reflect I'd misread. <_<

So in other words, a referendum meant to hurt marriage equality failed? That is good. Though it is sad that either way this is something that had no real impact on the current state of LGBT rights, since Romania does not allow gay marriage or civil unions anyway.

Offline midnightblack

« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2018, 10:07:33 PM »
So in other words, a referendum meant to hurt marriage equality failed? That is good. Though it is sad that either way this is something that had no real impact on the current state of LGBT rights, since Romania does not allow gay marriage or civil unions anyway.

Precisely. It was nonsense to begin with. The conditions for marriage are stated quite clearly in legal terms, this was just nitpicking on a detail that was of no real consequence. There are many very serious problems that need addressing in this country (civil unions being one of them), but for whatever reason they always get sidelined by topics such as this one.

However, if the referendum had been successful for the organizers, it would have empowered them to continue pressing on with the anti-Western, anti-democratic and quite frankly retarded agenda. 

Offline Lustful Bride

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2018, 10:22:46 AM »
Christians at a college come out to show support for LGBT community after college tries to ban same sex couples.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ban-on-same-sex-couples-roils-small-christian-college-this-isnt-something-sinful-god/ar-BBO8CQI?ocid=spartandhp

Bless them all.

Offline Lustful Bride

Offline Jaclyn

« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2018, 05:20:48 AM »
Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics

0. A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Would A BDSM Sex Robot Violate Asimov’s First Law Of Robotics?

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 16/17 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:55 AM »
You would have to educate the robot that BDSM activities benefit the human but only when the specific human gives the proper command to the robot.  Only the specific human could do the educating and the human would need to be careful of what is required.

Offline Jaclyn

« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2018, 05:52:07 AM »
With consent, what is “harm”?

Offline Lustful Bride

« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2018, 06:46:04 AM »

0. A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

That makes me think that the Robot Uprising will look like Hellraiser instead of Terminator. I am now more afraid. X3

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2018, 09:31:05 AM »
That makes me think that the Robot Uprising will look like Hellraiser instead of Terminator. I am now more afraid. X3
*dies*

Offline Oniya

« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »
I mean, it's really the Sadism part that would need to be sussed out ('harm' definitions would need to be sorted out - is something that leaves bruises 'harm'?).  Dominance to a lesser degree (Robot giving a human 'orders' could get problematic).  Bondage doesn't violate any of the laws (as long as there's a panic release).  Masochism might brush against Rule 4 (allowing a human to 'harm' the robot.)

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer | Dasha's skirted secretary
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2018, 10:06:22 AM »

I thought the Robot Uprising would end with robots marching in goose-step to "The Robots", with some caged humans watching. :)

Offline BlytheTopic starter

« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2018, 06:49:19 PM »

This was an incredibly fascinating read! Thank you for sharing this, Jaclyn. :)

Offline Arianna

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2018, 09:15:12 PM »

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2018, 03:10:58 AM »

Offline Lilias

• La Que Sabe ~ Shamaniac ~ Melinoë ~ The Unforgiving
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Overkill is just the right amount of kill.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2

Offline Lustful Bride