You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 12:12:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Have Bow, Will Play Pathfinder!  (Read 321 times)

Offline BlinkinTopic starter

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Have Bow, Will Play Pathfinder!
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »
This is a character that I played some time ago here on E, and I would love to play her again and see what she can really do.

In the game that I created her for, things fell apart and she was forgotten after being captured by some giants... disappointing, but I guess it happens.

She is, at the moment, level 9, but I am willing to scale her back to fit into a group of adventurers looking for a skill monkey/range support.

Anyway, here she is...

Name:   Brook Rivers
Sex:    Female
Race:   Half-Elf
Height: 5’7
Weight: 133 lbs
Class: Ranger

Physical Description:
Brooke is a raven haired beauty with large, jade green eyes and full lips in a tanned, heart shaped face. Daintly pointed ears,Straight, dark brows and a narrow, slightly upturned nose combined with a feline gracegives her an exotic beauty. A slender throat leads to shoulders that may be just a hint too wide and firm, well rounded breast that fills out her tunic in a most alluring way. A slender waist narrows before flaring out into well rounded hips and tight ass, which lead into toned, long legs. Most commonly seen in well made, if worn clothing of earthy tones, she moves with the fluid, unconscious grace of a predator; the low slung belt on her hips holding a long sword on the left side and a quiver on her right,  a dagger hilt sticks from a sheath in her right boot; an intricately carved longbow is never far from her fingertips.

Personality:
Brooke is a complex mixture of deadly seriousness and outrageous flirt. When she’s engaged in the business of keeping the forest and wilds free of evil, her focus is near total and her devotion to her profession seems to near obsession at times.

When Brooke isn’t out in the wilds, she is an outgoing, live for the moment (It may be the last) type of woman and outrageous flirt. She doesn’t seem to have a particular sex that she teases and laughs with, just a need to count every minute and make it matter. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life, if you’re an enemy… well, don’t expect too much more life to live. Slow to trust and allow people into her life in a real way, once you break through her rough exterior, you may find the real woman beneath.

Background:
The youngest daughter of farmers, Brooke’s first 10 years were relatively normal. Up before sun-rise to begin the day, bed not long after sunset and hard, honest work in the middle. Even at the tender age of 10, Brooke helped the family in any way that was needed; be it helping in the kitchen or gathering wild herbs and berries for the family pot, she was helping in the fields at harvest by the time she was old enough to be taught when the produce was ready to be picked. All in all, it was a good life and one that she had never wanted for.

Then, just after her 11th birthday, her world was turned over and she was forced to witness the horrors of death in all of its vivid details. She had been sent out into the nearby fields and woods to gather roots and berries; she had a particular knack for it, and returned to find that the farm was ablaze and her youngest brother dying at the edge of the fields with two arrows in his back. Through his blood flecked lips, Brooke learned that a raiding party of giants had appeared just after the older boys and their father had gone into the fields to work. The screams of her 2 sisters and mother had drawn the men back and a fight had taken place. In the end, her two older sisters had been taken and her mother raped until she died.

Although Brooke was taken in by a neighboring farm, she never recovered from the trauma and her heart was filled with hate of those who stole the lives of innocent people for profit or entertainment. That night, she swore an oath before the local shrine to Melikki to stop those who do evil and who would despoil the good of the land.

When Brooke was 16, she met a man in the forest who was tracking a band of Orcs that had recently moved into the area. His rough clothing and earnest attitude drew Brooke into pestering him to teach her more about the forest that she loved and that he seemed to know so much about. After some years, she became a Ranger and devoted herself to that profession… which gave her an excellent platform for her private little war.

Offline Hunter

Re: Have Bow, Will Play Pathfinder!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »
I'm going to need a few days to reacquaint myself with Elliquiy (7 years is a long time) but after that point, I'll see what I can cook up.

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 02:36:39 AM »
Hi Brooke!  I remember you!   *Waves*  Good luck.  :) 

Offline Hunter

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 07:50:35 PM »
Okay, I'm going to ask.  What exactly did you have in mind for the character?     (You can message me if you prefer.)

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »
In broad strokes, she would be a ranged combatant/support person for a party; someone who can scout the terrain, gather intelligence and track whoever they're after. The role would be defined with more detail if a game comes up to better fit the dynamics of the group... But, the constant elements would be an animal companion, ranged support and whatever spells might be in the offering probably cures and information types. She's currently built on a 25 point buy, but that can be adjusted easily and her skill set does use background skills Depending on level, I may sneak in a level of thief just for gits and shiggles.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 12:16:00 AM »
I can probably put something workable together, though it won't be an AP (of course).  I'm not really a fan of solo tabletop games, so it'd probably turn into several characters rather than just one.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 11:24:43 AM »
I would prefer a group over a solo; they're easier to deal with and more fun because of the social interactions. It shouldn't be hard to find players, they jump out of the woodwork if you offer Pathfinder. The problem is keeping them once the game begins. The drop rate is about 50% within a month.

But, I put oup the thread in hopes of finding a group to play with.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:17 PM »
Well, that's one of the downsides of play by post.  But yeah, anyone interested please wave or raise you hand or something so I can get a head count.

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »
Bumping with an arrow in the 10 ring.