When Destiny Goes Sideways, Sidekicks Step Up (Recruiting, D&D 5e)

Started by Guancyto, September 12, 2016, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guancyto

I have no objection to a Wizard, and this isn't first-come-first-served, I will be picking people. Since 5e seems to not stress party composition nearly as hard as 4e did, I will mostly be choosing based on how interesting they look rather than how well they conform to the fighter-rogue-cleric-magicuser setup.

Premier

Get hype!

Kind of curious how we'd all meet up. I guess fate will have it's way with us.

tyr4n02r

"A horde of about 20 adventurers walk into a bar..."

"And the DM said, 'roll a Dex save. Now all of you who rolled under 16, dead."

"Everyone else, roll initiative."
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Guancyto

I would have gone with, "everyone who rolled a 16 or better remembered to duck."

Hmm. Chulanowa, you had expressed some desire in your bard recruiting a new generation of heroes, want that to be our excuse?

Chulanowa

That's why I put it there.  ;D

"hey, I heard you knew Fundlebrunk the Cleric. Cool guy, yeah? well, he got killed by a chunk of gneiss. Wanna try to pick up where he left off?"
*repeat thirty more times until some damn fool says yes*

TheLaughingOne

"And thus came the untimely end of Gronad the barbarians adventure. And life. Luckily, his largely legendary wife (more beleived to be a cautionary tale against marrying that little halfing girl who is wild in bed, cause she really is crazy) of so.e little infamy (largely due to that one story bout the battle of burglanchast hill, where the kings and generals of the opposing armies met to put an end to the battle, only to be mowed down by a rampaging dire bear, which many claim had a halfling girl on its back attempting to twist its ears off).

To this day there is still debate about her. Many claiming she is simply a made up legend to pull fame from the true heroes as her "exploits" are to far fetched to be beleived, the other side claiming she was created by the gods in a hurry, evident in how no living mortal could come up with stories that insane...
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Guancyto

In another time and another universe, a man named Clemens said, "It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."

Chulanowa

Mmmm, crazy halfling women. *homer drool*

But that gives a good base for Sella to work on a heroic epic about your character, doesn't it? Or... if not a heroic epic, at least a bawdy limerick. This group seems more the doggerel sort, don't they? Maybe a Punch and Judy morality play.

TheLaughingOne

I am just bout done.. gotta spend my 200 gold! but, my book took a hit of bratwurst oil while eatting (as did i.. ouch..) and trying to leech out the oils and such from the pages. will see if can dig up a pdf copy or something, and get final modded version up soon.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheLaughingOne

Thanky, i gotta good PDF, And books in ok condition (wrapped the page in some good artist paper i have, helped leech out the oil and gunk without getting sticky) so now just trolling through, trying to pick out other thigns she might have rather then several hundred wine skins...

half tempted for her to have a giant riding mastiff.. ;3
My Ons and Offs!

CeruleanSerenity

Here's my sheet... the outline at least. Sorry for taking so long.

I still need to fill in descriptions and background information, but I thought I should post what I have to make sure it's going all right so far. I'm busy at the moment and a slow writer, so I'm not sure I'll have time to get everything done by the deadline tomorrow... I am playing the barmaid though, so let me know if there are particular details you need, or if there's anything I need to change.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Rosita Amor
Human Cleric (Life Domain) 3
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Folk Hero

HP: 24/24
AC: 19 (17 armor +2 shield)
Proficiency: +2
Speed: 30 ft.

Str 14 (+2) | Dex 11 (+0) | Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+0) | Wis 16 (+3) | Cha 14 (+2)

Skills: Insight +5, Persuasion +4, Animal Handling +5, Survival +5, Brewer's Supplies (tool), Vehicles (land)

Saves: Wisdom +5, Charisma +4

Equipment:
Brewer's supplies, a shovel, an iron pot, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 48 gp, 3 sp, and 8 cp
Frying pan (mace), kitchen knife (dagger), pot lid (shield), splint mail apron, wooden holy symbol, 6 tankards
Explorer’s Pack (a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, and 50 ft. hempen rope)

Magic Item: Alchemy Jug

Spells Memorized:
Cantrips: guidance, mending, spare the dying
Level 1 (4/day): bless (domain), cure wounds (domain), command, detect evil and good, purify food and drink, sanctuary
Level 2 (2/day): lesser restoration (domain), spiritual weapon (domain), calm emotions, prayer of healing

TheLaughingOne

haha! I love the frying pan mace:3 reminds me of a paladin undead hunter i had..:3

Had a big ole shovel which stated as great axe, and his shield was a coffin lid.  served goddess of death, and got mistaken as bard cause he played instrument, threw wakes for the dead, and so forth.. Right up until zombies or something started attacking, then it was time to get to business;3
My Ons and Offs!

Chulanowa

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on September 21, 2016, 08:35:09 PM
Here's my sheet... the outline at least. Sorry for taking so long.

I still need to fill in descriptions and background information, but I thought I should post what I have to make sure it's going all right so far. I'm busy at the moment and a slow writer, so I'm not sure I'll have time to get everything done by the deadline tomorrow... I am playing the barmaid though, so let me know if there are particular details you need, or if there's anything I need to change.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Rosita Amor
Human Cleric (Life Domain) 3
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Folk Hero

HP: 24/24
AC: 18 (16 armor +2 shield)
Proficiency: +2
Speed: 30 ft.

Str 14 (+2) | Dex 11 (+0) | Con 14 (+2)
Int 10 (+0) | Wis 16 (+3) | Cha 14 (+2)

Skills: Insight +5, Persuasion +4, Animal Handling +5, Survival +5, Brewer's Supplies (tool), Vehicles (land)

Saves: Wisdom +5, Charisma +4

Equipment:
Brewer's supplies, a shovel, an iron pot, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp
Frying pan (mace), pot lid (shield), chain mail apron, wooden holy symbol
Explorer’s Pack (a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, and 50 ft. hempen rope)

Magic Item: Alchemy Jug

Spells Memorized:
Cantrips: guidance, mending, spare the dying
Level 1 (4/day): bless (domain), cure wounds (domain), command, detect evil and good, purify food and drink, sanctuary
Level 2 (2/day): lesser restoration (domain), spiritual weapon (domain), calm emotions, prayer of healing

The world needs more plucky barmaids, fighting evil with kitchen impliments, a low-cut dirndl as their only armor.

Guancyto

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 21, 2016, 09:25:40 PM
The world needs more plucky barmaids, fighting evil with kitchen impliments, a low-cut dirndl as their only armor.
Hear, hear!

CeruleanSerenity

Updated my sheet and spent my bonus 200 gold on upgrading my chain mail to splint (still imagining it as an apron or something similar, since I'd like her to keep the buxom barmaid in a low-cut dress look even when she's geared up), and I forgot clerics get a simple weapon, so I picked up a dagger... plus six tankards so the party can use that alchemy jug properly.

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 21, 2016, 09:25:40 PM
You know, I've known about that dress forever, but I had no idea what it was called until now... that will be an important bit of information.

Regardless, I agree.

Guancyto

Selections!

This was a really hard set of decisions; it was difficult to cut it down to this many (as hard as that is to believe), and would have been way more difficult to cut it down more. SO. There's going to be kind of a lot of you. You may have to spend time keeping each other happy.

Here we go:

JoanieSappho, with Peach Tanner Whisper Moonsoul Crowheart
Premier, with Maize
Chulanowa, with Sella Lampwick
Skynet, with Redli
Foxy Oni, with Princess Poonjab
CeruleanSerenity, with Rosita Amor

and finally

TheLaughingOne, with Raivo Tenn

OOC thread is here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256431.0

Character sheet/setting info thread is here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256432.0

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs