Broken Bonds [Alternate Universe Dystopia | LGBTQ+ Friendly | Recruiting]

Started by Cerevan, September 10, 2016, 10:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izaya Orihara

Hmm...

Well, my curiosity is piqued, at the very least. Not sure if I'll join, but at the very least, I have an eye on this.

Quote from: bubby on September 11, 2016, 12:02:19 PM
FOUND HER! Awesomesauce. I'm back home from England tomorrow night, but it'll take me a couple days to get acclimated again to allow for my brain to do the necessary tweaking to her. Will a couple/few days be ok, or is that too long?

Meanwhile, I came back yesterday to England from a holiday in France, Germany, Austria and Italy. Though the bits in France and Germany were overnight stays with a visit to Colmar and Rheims Cathedral (the latter whilst I was at a hotel in Rheims). I spent 5 days in the Austrian Alps and 5 days in north east Italy (near Venice).

Anyway, hope you enjoyed yourself here in Britain.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Cerevan

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on September 11, 2016, 04:01:19 PM
Hmm...

Well, my curiosity is piqued, at the very least. Not sure if I'll join, but at the very least, I have an eye on this.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully we can tempt you into staying!

Quote from: Kuroneko on September 11, 2016, 04:20:36 PM
Hmmmm, tentatively interested  ::)

Kurooooo~ Good to see you around again. Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

Cerevan

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kuroneko

Quote from: Cerevan on September 11, 2016, 05:06:32 PM

Kurooooo~ Good to see you around again. Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

>.>

<.<

... what kinds o' cookies?  ::)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Cerevan

Quote from: Amelita on September 11, 2016, 06:13:08 PM
Sooooo...

Hai  ::)

Well hella dar. >:)

Quote from: Kuroneko on September 11, 2016, 06:24:55 PM
>.>

<.<

... what kinds o' cookies?  ::)

...uh...chocolate chip? Vanilla shortbread? Lemon butter? idk man the dark side has so many cookies to choose from

Amarlo

I didn't plan to make any new characters for a long time, but dammit Cere... I'm in love... UGH. Tough choices. >.<

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Cerevan

Quote from: Amarlo on September 11, 2016, 07:41:36 PM
I didn't plan to make any new characters for a long time, but dammit Cere... I'm in love... UGH. Tough choices. >.<

Eeeeeee, yes, join us! Pleeeease! ;D

Emjay

Quote from: Dotley on September 11, 2016, 12:13:18 PM
Tell us more about them! >D

I may also be guilty of the multiple character bug. Oops.

But every game set in the South needs a disgruntled priest, right? Right.

Looove the priest idea! And if I must  :P I've got:

Camilla is a Guide. She works for the Tower and is more than a little unhinged. A miserable childhood followed by a lonely adulthood hasn't left her with much sanity. She has a seriously twisted moral code (won't make much sense to others but it makes total sense to her). When she's not at the Tower she works as a mildly successful artist.

Zeke is a Guide. He's a chemist that works for TKO and creator of their experimental drug, Caine. When he's not coming up with crazy concoctions in the lab he's working on his Master's degree in Pharmacology & Toxicology.

Markus is a Sentinel. He works as a 'trainer' for TKO as well as a Transporter. He's kind of a giant (6'7") and is a complete beast in the fighting ring, especially when he's on the drug Caine. As a Transporter he helps take Guides on the run to their new homes and makes sure that they reach their destination safely. He's not a man of many words but as long as you're not an abusive Sentinel or one of his opponents, you'll be fine xD

Garrett is a Sentinel. He's a trainer for The Chainbreakers and by day he works as a web developer. Those he trains may come to hate him, he likes to keep his pupils on their toes. As he says, "There are no guarantees on the field, no set plan. Anything can happen." As for others they'll just see him for the goofball that he is. Even so, he's fierce on the field.

Anaïs is a Guide. She works for the Tower as a secretary but has ambitions to work in the Archives (it is literally her dream job). She's a hardy sort of person, had a rough life and therefore has a serious problem asking for help. She highly values her independence...too bad she's a guide.

Also yay more people!
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dotley

Quote from: Timeless on September 11, 2016, 12:43:13 PM
Yeeesss, let there be more Asian characters! This, I approve.

They will come! I just gotta finish their profiles >D

Ee! Everyone's characters sound awesome so far. Can't wait to read full profiles for all the lovelies and start plotting.

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Amarlo

Can guides only help sentinels they're bonded to or can they help unbound sentinels, even if only a little?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Cerevan

Quote from: Amarlo on September 12, 2016, 12:49:54 AM
Can guides only help sentinels they're bonded to or can they help unbound sentinels, even if only a little?

A Guide can help (or otherwise influence) a Sentinel they are not bonded to. The stronger a Guide is, the more Sentinel they can affect at any given time / the more strongly they can affect a Sentinel who is not "theirs". Unbonded Guides usually don't go around influencing Sentinel these days. More because it's potentially dangerous than because they can't.

However, it's pretty standard for bonded Guides to use their Empathy on Sentinel they aren't Bonded with. For example, SWAT Teams always have at least one bonded Guide on them to keep all the Sentinel from potentially going bonkers during a sensitive mission. Guides tend to become stronger once they've bonded. A Bond works kind of like a prism for Guide's abilities. Gives it focus and precision and so on. And, obviously, a Guide's influence will always be strongest on their own Sentinel. Because biology and soul bonds and shit.

Amarlo

Quote from: Cerevan on September 12, 2016, 07:59:02 AM
A Guide can help (or otherwise influence) a Sentinel they are not bonded to. The stronger a Guide is, the more Sentinel they can affect at any given time / the more strongly they can affect a Sentinel who is not "theirs". Unbonded Guides usually don't go around influencing Sentinel these days. More because it's potentially dangerous than because they can't.

However, it's pretty standard for bonded Guides to use their Empathy on Sentinel they aren't Bonded with. For example, SWAT Teams always have at least one bonded Guide on them to keep all the Sentinel from potentially going bonkers during a sensitive mission. Guides tend to become stronger once they've bonded. A Bond works kind of like a prism for Guide's abilities. Gives it focus and precision and so on. And, obviously, a Guide's influence will always be strongest on their own Sentinel. Because biology and soul bonds and shit.

Awesome, thank you. :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Timeless

Quote from: Dotley on September 11, 2016, 10:55:53 PM

Ooooooooo~ Yeeess, bring all the prettiness! *grabby hands*

>3> Now you make me want to bring my Asian characters in. Nuuuuuu~

Glad to see more interested people! XD I hope to get my sheets done soon!

Flower

Ee! Everyone's characters sound awesome so far. Can't wait to read full profiles for all the lovelies and start plotting.

+1

Just everyone knows it, I love plots. If you're struggling with a concept, I don't mind collaborating with folks, whether we make family members or whatever. I have a few stand alone characters who can be fleshed out more with that type of plotting.

Kokaine

Quote from: Flower on September 12, 2016, 09:07:23 AM
+1

Just everyone knows it, I love plots. If you're struggling with a concept, I don't mind collaborating with folks, whether we make family members or whatever. I have a few stand alone characters who can be fleshed out more with that type of plotting.

Same goes for me. I enjoy when my character feels immersed in the game via plots and connections as opposed to just being written all off to the side in a secret corner of the universe xD

In particular I am looking for plots (romantic or non) for Contessa (fc is Cervena Fox, will be a rogue guide, particularly attracted to folks she shouldn't be >.<) and Spencer (fc is Emily Bett Rickards, could go guide or sentinel, affiliation is open as well), though Im always open to tossing ideas around.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Emjay

Thank you!

Quote from: Flower on September 12, 2016, 09:07:23 AM
+1

Quote from: Kokaine on September 12, 2016, 11:12:46 AM
Same goes for me. I enjoy when my character feels immersed in the game via plots and connections as opposed to just being written all off to the side in a secret corner of the universe xD

In particular I am looking for plots (romantic or non) for Contessa (fc is Cervena Fox, will be a rogue guide, particularly attracted to folks she shouldn't be >.<) and Spencer (fc is Emily Bett Rickards, could go guide or sentinel, affiliation is open as well), though Im always open to tossing ideas around.

I would also like to claim Kehlani Parrish.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Flower

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Timeless

... Goddamnit. I would like to add to my faceclaims by adding Lucky Blue Smith and Ruby Rose.

Four characters now, welp. >3>

Flower

Cerevan

GM Announcements

Hey y'all, glad to see so much chattering going on in the thread. A few announcements and then we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

1. We've have a minor tweak to the character sheets. Just one extra line of code. You can get the updated version (and steal the one extra line of code) here in the recruitment thread. All this tweak does is give a place on the sheet for you to say whether the character is in the trial period or if they've received permanent status. Pretty self-explanatory. Please do the thing. It will keep me from crying.

2. The OOC and the Accepted Character threads are now open and ready for business!

3. It has come to my attention that it my attempt to keep this recruitment thread concise (what bullshit, I know, it's tragic) I neglected to properly outline the many ways in which Guides are fucked over by society. Namely, your Guide character, especially if they have not turned themselves into the Tower and/or have not Bonded, has likely not:

o been able to attend any kind of schooling post highschool, including but not limited to university, community college, or trade school
     o been able to hold down any kind of job that requires security clearances or background checks
     o been able to get a job outside of the service industry and/or under the table type gigs of questionable legality, really
     o been able to vote
     o been able to travel outside of the country
     o been able to get on an airplane
     o been able to...basically live like a normal human being, to be honest

Obviously there are ways to get around these kinds of restrictions, if the character is clever. But before you get overly invested in the idea of your unbonded rogue Guide having two PhDs, please talk to me and see what kind of workarounds are really feasible. I promise I'm not trying to be a hardass...it's just not much of a dystopia if the worldbuilding gets broke right out the gate, am I right?