You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 27, 2016, 07:39:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Mother Theresa  (Read 570 times)

Offline Lilias

• La Que Sabe ~ MelinoŽ ~ Khaleesi Vosi ~ The Unforgiving
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The night is dark and full of terrors
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Mother Theresa
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 05:23:06 PM »
Perhaps a better question to ask is whether or not the people who she cared for benefited from the service she provided. You could argue that the medical attention was sub par, but was it better than nothing at all? My understanding is that the people she treated were generally those who people wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. ( that's about 3 meters for our friends in the UK )

The vast majority of the people who ended their days in her hospices were either entirely homeless or slum dwellers. People may recoil in horror at stories of not having painkillers, but that's first-world thought; to them, having a real bed and being clean, dry and warm in their last days was untold luxury. (Behind the Beautiful Forevers is a fascinating read if you are interested in Indian slum life; opposite side of the country from Mother Teresa, same issues.)