Interest Check: Custom Sci-Fi/Dark Fantasy/Steampunk Fusion Setting!

Started by Lunaris, September 02, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys

Hello Mr. Harchai and Miss Saleen. I'm Krys and I play a Pixie named Aurelie! Good to meet you!
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Lunaris

Yay! Do greet each other! =D

Two updates: 1) I am working on a Guardian-themed plot that I hope to run at the same time as the Mechanist story. 2) I have made and posted a Guardian character to the Established Characters section. Warning: She is very, very dark.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Haruchai on September 16, 2016, 12:57:44 AM
Very cool! I'm patient so there's no need at all to rush for anything! I hope some more folks come along to talk to. I really want to meet everyone!

Hello Haruchai,  I am Elven  and I am playing a Empusae monk/protector. 

Krys

Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Haruchai

-waves merrily-

Heya Krys! Heya ESG! Very nice to meet you both and I look forward to writing with you and making wonderful stories (assuming we end up in the same plotline). Thank you so much for the warm welcomes!

Relikai

Name: Mayu, Kawari

Race: Mechanists

Faction: Citizen

Classes: Field Agent, Manatecher

Height: 154cm

Weight: 48kg

Eye Color: Black

Hair Color: Black

Skin Tone: Pale Beige

Physical Description/Dress Style: Short and lean, Mayu appears lightweight to anyone who looks upon the Mechanist. Often dressed in a shimmering blue dress, the outfit could be turned into a non-reflective blue anytime, and the skirt wrapping themselves around Mayu's thighs like how shorts were worn. A little small on the chest side, Mayu does boast a well maintained and tight bum which was marveled by several Mechanists her age.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background Information:

Born a prodigy into a family of traders in Mechanist society, Mayu grew up with several implants and costumes which fitted her personality of a slightly jovial and playful person, yet serious and calculative on her everyday chores. She was a Citizen from birth, attending school and learning how to access the natural implants within her body. Mayu eventually began to study finances and trading, picking up the work of her parents as she engaged in small scale businesses to fund her own lifestyle.

An ability of Mayu which made her stand out in her social circle was her ability to multitask rapidly in ways even Mechanists would find intriguing. In a certain scenario when Mayu noticed a kitten on the verge of falling from a fatal height, the Mechanist judged almost every factor required to save the kitten via catching. Mayu did her calculations to perfection, managing to get to catch it just as it reached the final meter, using her body to cushion its fall lest it end up with an unfortunate demise. A fellow Mechanist would inform Mayu's parents that the seemingly impossible calculations of twelve bystanders was taken apart by the will of one, unraveling the possibility that Mayu could actually break out of the Citizen Class with her potential ability.

Together with learning the trades of her family, Mayu was implanted with the ability of remote hacking and accessing digital points within a 30-foot radius of herself. It began with minor drones, the small machines proving to be little to no difficulty for the prodigy. To improve her abilities, a detachable gadget was created by Mayu in order to enhance her abilities, installing the new processors into her system and granting her the capability to focus her mental strength into a single task. To the chagrin of several business owners and advertisers, a spike in remote hacking resulting in their broadcasts changed to kiddy shows occurred over the next month, with a smiling Mayu staying hidden near the digital port or tapping into the connection provided by the Mana Towers.

Disaster struck when a group of Scavengers fell upon Mayu and her parents during a trading expedition to a Mana Tower, killing the older Mechanists but capturing young Mayu. Due to her name being known in the local circles, Mayu was subjected to their experimentation, and it was a battle of wills for Mayu to prevent them from tearing her outfit apart and allowing them to have their way with her. Mayu knew that these Mechanists did not desire her implants and mental enhancements alone, but her body as well as she resisted them with her technical aptitude until she was rescued by a band of traveling Mechanists. However, Mayu did not escape the experience unscathed. The overloading of her focus had her body occasionally glowing with blue lines, as well as an increased need for her mind to be satisfied by more than simple pleasures of Mechanist society.

With the need for protection, Mayu was taken in for training in a Mechanist academy, intent on utilizing her talents for a greater purpose. Training her in stealth to hide her relapses of glowing, Mayu was inducted into the Field Agent Vocational Course, emerging as one of the Top Seven in a class of many talented prospects. What was not known among the class was Mayu's training in being a Manatecher as well, expanding her hacking abilities and natural talents to access Mechanist assets, as well as uploading the usage of elemental spells into her system.

Upon graduation, Mayu walked out of the Academy, drained and in need of entertainment. The Club was the first place she went, as Mayu began to frequent the joint in order to satisfy her cravings. As well as fending off the occasional pervert who decided to give her butt a nice grope, Mayu began a life as a part-time disk jockey, until she received a lucrative job offer...