You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 03:42:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: V20 Dark Ages: Transylvania  (Read 1298 times)

Offline KythiaTopic starter

• Noooo-one Fights like Kythia no-one bites like Kythia
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • No one chain smokes Marlboro lights like Kythia
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
V20 Dark Ages: Transylvania
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:57:59 AM »

Transylvania By Night
A V20:Dark Ages game set in 1237 Transylvania
Run by Kythia, from whom all blessings flow.

Game Information

Transylvania in 1237 is in the grip of a war between its ancestral Tzimisce overlords and the upstart Tremere.  Despite the hold the Tzimisce have had over the region for millennia, victory is far from assured.  The Tremere's magic and Gargoyle servitors helps them, certainly, but no less an advantage is their formidable unity.  The basic unit of the Tzimisce is the individual, the basic unit of the Tremere is the clan.

It is for this reason that you have been dispatched to Bistrița.  For generations Bistrița fell under the control of Daecaneus, a venerable elder of the clan and widely respected.  It is right on the edge of his domain though and within the last few years a newcomer to the clan, the Saracen Hafza, has been attempting to wrest control.  While strong in the blood, she lacks the reputation of Daecaneus and the clan as a whole would rather see him prevail.  However, what is more important is that this situation is resolved, and quickly.  While the struggle continues neither are devoting their full attention to the war and while the region isn't firmly in anyone's control it creates a gap the sly Tremere would doubtless be only too happy to grant.

Your character has been asked to travel to Bistrița by their sire to bring a speedy resolution to the situation.

• Allowed Clans
Brujah, Cappadocian, Gangrel, Lasombra, Malkavian, Nosferatur, Ravnos, Toreador, Tzimisce, Ventrue
  • Allowed Bloodlines
Caitiff, Giovani, Lamiae, Lhiannon, Salubri (any Caste)
  • Backgrounds
Domain is forbidden.  Other backgrounds are allowed, but bear in mind you arrived in Bistrița the night before the game starts.  Any location dependent backgrounds have been brought with you, they are not native to Bistrița
  • Politics
You, at least at game start, support the Tzimisce and view the Tremere as usurpers.  None of you are secretly Tremere spies.  While the clan as a whole supports Daecaneus, how fervent you are about that depends on you.  None of you are agents of either him or Hafza.

The game will, given the nature of the Tzimisce, be set in the extreme forum.  I personally don't have anything planned that would necessitate that, but it seems a wise precaution.  Experience will be given every two weeks, to qualify for experience you must have made three in-character posts in that time (so we're looking at a posting minimum of just less than once every five days).  When I give experience I will also be asking all players to nominate (secretly) a post they think is well-written, funny, whatever and whose author should receive extra xp.

I will be limiting the game to five players, at least initially.  As this game sprang from a request in the "Looking for GM" thread, slots are currently reserved for:

AndyZ
Blythe
RedPhoenix
Riveda

So there's one definitely free, and potentially more if one or more of those passes.

If you're interested in playing, post a brief character concept in this thread.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:00:28 AM by Kythia »

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Re: V20 Dark Ages: Transylvania
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:58:38 AM »
Transylvania By Night
Run by Kythia, True Queen of Britain

NPCs

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 06:59:21 AM »
Transylvania By Night
Run by Kythia, look on her works, ye mighty, and despair.

The Town and Area

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
Transylvania By Night
Run by Kythia, the lurking horror in the breast of man

Misc

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 07:00:46 AM »
I'll make a better banner when I have some time.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:45:15 AM »
Wooooo! So excited!

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 09:27:29 AM »
Okay character concept.

Wandering Ravnos fortune teller/con-artist who is sent by her sire to help stabilize the area. War isn't a good thing for wanderers after all and the Ravnos are likely to get caught in the crossfire and murdered by either side so they have an interest in things being peaceful, plus the Tremere are just kinda jerks and the Ravnos tend to side with the devil they know. I'd like her to be on the Path of Lillith, if possible, believing that even monsters can be taught and that they have a place in the world. Possibly with an alternate ID as a Malkavian seer so that she can fake being useful to the Tzimisce and help ingratiate herself with them to make her job easier. High social/escape type skills, great fast talker and manipulator type. Good at getting out of trouble, not so great at avoiding it in the first place. Happy go lucky friendly sort who doesn't think being friends with someone should stop you from robbing them. My original Ravnos compulsion idea was corrupting the innocent but I'm not sure that will come up in this setting.

That's what I was thinking atm. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:28:48 AM by RedPhoenix »

Offline Blythe

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 11:08:55 AM »
I'm in.  ;D Will think up a character concept later today, but definitely going with a Tzimisce~

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »
@Red - That looks fine in principle.  Roll it up

@Blythe - Welcome

Offline Jaded

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »
I did not realize there was a V20 Dark Ages book, drats.  I'm assuming V20 and the old Dark Ages Vampire book wouldn't work?

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »
Errrrrr.  Kind of?  There's a few mechanical changes and more fluff changes.  Throw a concept up and we can see if it works in the new fluff, if you like, and I can hold your hand through the mechanical changes.

Offline Jaded

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 04:45:56 PM »
Their weakness is different between the two editions I have, but hopefully a Lasombra isn't too different in V20 Dark Ages. 

I was thinking a Lasombra, a former Italian Nun or other woman associated with the Catholic faith.  She was very slowly tempted by her Sire, and eventually fell into the belief that she was being corrupted by the Devil just in time to be embraced.  She has taken on a bit of a wolf among sheep (a bit more than a normal vampire, that is) attitude, believing that she is now truly a childe of Lucifer and it is her sacred duty to spread his influence.  She'd be a follower of the Path of Cathari if it is available.

Otherwise, I've always wanted to play around with the idea of a Norse Shieldmaiden (I had the old Wolves of the Sea book somewhere, though I think it is yet another edition.  Vampire Dark Ages or some such). 

Offline Riveda

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 05:11:55 PM »
Thinking about a Lamia Embraced in Constantinople who left after the Crusaders sacked it in 1204. Road of Lilith, Path of Thorns.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 05:25:48 PM »
I'm gonna use the same code/format from Blythe's game unless you tell me something different if that's cool?

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 05:29:27 PM »
@Jaded:

Lasombra weakness is:

Weaknesses: Lasombra cannot be seen in any sort of reflective surface, which makes it difficult to conceal their supernatural nature from mortals. Additionally, members of the Clan of Shadows cannot abide the presence of bright light; they take an additional level of aggravated damage from any exposure to sunlight.

Concept looks fine - my only question would be why an Italian nun is in deepest darkest Transylvania.  While I've tried to make that question easy to answer ("Sire sent me"), it is one I'd like answering.

@Riveda - Looks fine in theory, flesh it a little and answer the same question as Jaded.

Roll ups for people (Jaded) without the book:

Fair use, personal use only, blah blah blah.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 05:38:52 PM »
Grab the coding here
Code: [Select]
[floatleft][img height=250 padding=6]http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4a0ipMDoC1rrsh57o1_1280.jpg[/img][/floatleft]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Generation:[/b]

[spoiler=Attributes]
[b]Strength:[/b] *
[b]Dexterity:[/b] *
[b]Stamina:[/b] *

[b]Charisma:[/b] *
[b]Manipulation:[/b] *
[b]Appearance:[/b] *

[b]Perception:[/b] *
[b]Intelligence:[/b] *
[b]Wits:[/b] *
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[i]Alertness:[/i]
[i]Athletics:[/i]
[i]Awareness:[/i]
[i]Brawl:[/i]
[i]Empathy:[/i] 
[i]Expression: [/i]
[i]Intimidation:[/i]
[i]Leadership:[/i]
[i]Legerdemain:[/i]
[i]Subterfuge:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[i]Animal Ken:[/i]
[i]Archery:[/i]
[i]Commerce:[/i]
[i]Crafts:[/i]
[i]Etiquette:[/i]
[i]Melee:[/i]
[i]Performance:[/i]
[i]Ride:[/i]
[i]Stealth:[/i]
[i]Survival:[/i]

[b]Knowledges:[/b]
[i]Academics:[/i]
[i]Enigmas:[/i]
[i]Hearth Wisdom:[/i]
[i]Investigation:[/i]
[i]Law:[/i]
[i]Medicine:[/i]
[i]Occult:[/i]
[i]Politics:[/i]
[i]Seneschal:[/i]
[i]Theology:[/i]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Advantages]
[b]Backgrounds:[/b]

[b]Disciplines:[/b]

[b]Virtues:[/b]
[i]Conscience/Conviction:[/i]

[i]Self-Control/Instinct:[/i]

[i]Courage:[/i]

[hr]

[b]Humanity/Path:[/b]

[b]Willpower:[/b]

[b]Blood Pool:[/b]

[hr]

[b]~Health!~[/b]
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Merits/Flaws]
[b]Merits:[/b] (list cost!)

[b]Flaws:[/b] (list points!)
[/spoiler]

[b]Personality: [/b]Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

[b]History:[/b] What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

[b]Your O/Os for this character:[/b] Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

I changed Blythe's sheet up to have the abilities from Dark Ages. Working on filling mine in!

Offline Jaded

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
I was thinking that she had fled hunters/inquisitors, given her nature.  Either east from the Venice area, or she may have ventured from Genoa to Genoese territory in Crimea (which I think they had control of around this time).  From there she may have been sent just because she is seen as expendable, was relatively close, and her clan wanted a bit more of a Lasombra presence. 

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 06:10:08 PM »

Name: Isabella Mirga aka Katarina Raleigh
Clan: Ravnos (Compulsion: Corrupting the Noble)
Gender/Sex: Female/Female
Nature: Dabbler
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Generation: 9th

Attributes
Strength: **
Dexterity: **** (Graceful)
Stamina: **

Charisma: ***
Manipulation: **** (Fast Talking)
Appearance: ***

Perception: *
Intelligence: **
Wits: ***

Abilities
Talents:
Alertness:
Athletics: **
Awareness: **
Brawl: *
Empathy:  **
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Legerdemain: **** (Picking Purses)
Subterfuge: ***

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Archery:
Commerce:
Crafts: **
Etiquette: *
Melee:
Performance: ***
Ride:
Stealth: ***
Survival: *

Knowledges:
Academics:
Enigmas: ***
Hearth Wisdom: **
Investigation:
Law:
Medicine:
Occult: **
Politics:
Seneschal:
Theology:

Advantages
Backgrounds:

Alternate ID *** (Katarina, runaway Malkavian noble turned Seer)
Generation ***

Disciplines:

Chimerstry: ****

Virtues:
Conviction: ****

Instinct: ***

Courage: *****

Humanity/Path: 7 / Lilith

Willpower: 7

Blood Pool: 5 / 14 (2/turn)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws
Merits:
Deceptive Eating (1)
Blush of Health (2)
Inoffensive to Animals (1)
Medium (2)

Flaws:
Deep Sleeper (1)
Prey Exclusion (children/young mothers) (1)
Infamous Sire (1)
Cannot Embrace (2)
Initiate of the Road (1)

Personality: Isabella genuinely likes getting to know people, especially their inner pain and struggles and helping them through their problems. She likes encouraging others to be artistic, romantic, and free spirited. She is happy go lucky about material things, although she values creature comforts greatly she isn't very attached to anything that she owns. She prefers adventure to stability and is possessed of a powerful wanderlust. She enjoys dancing by campfires, getting in trouble, and telling fake fortunes to the impressionable.

History: Isabella is a recently embraced Ravnos. Growing up as part of a traveling band of wandering performers she is well acquainted with stories of what lurks in the darkness and the folk remedies to keep them out. She also knows all too well that most of those remedies don't work. From a young age she has been able to see ghosts and spirits, something that ran in the women of her family, and this was exploited for its entertainment value by dressing her up as a card reader and spiritualist.

Shortly after she became an adult her band of wandering entertainers joined a larger caravan which, unbeknownst to her was gathering the wanderers so that the renegade patriarch Manfri Kaven could select who he would embrace (as the stars told him he would that summer). Isabella was turned into a vampire by Manfri, who took a liking to her joie de vivre and had her abducted and Embraced. Her family did nothing to stop it, they knew of the traditions and knew their children could the one selected. It was just the way of things. Isabella and Manfri were wed in their fashion, which everyone understood to know that she was one of the undead now.

Manfri is notorious, even among the Ravnos. He has turned several from outside of the families that are considered acceptable to Embrace and taken actions against his people that some deem unforgiveable, and the sins of the sire are often passed down this way. Manfri was cursed to prevent him from siring any new kindred, but eventually he found ways around it. Now the curse merely prevents his childer from Embracing. Isabella knew nothing of this at the time she was turned, but learned little pieces of it along the way. She was greatly devastated to learn that she would never have children, either mortal ones or vampiric ones, and for this reason will not feed on young children or their mothers.

Isabella traveled with Manfri's caravan from then on, making trouble across the countryside for a few seasons, during which time she learned to convincingly pass herself off as a much more highly thought of vampire noble named Katarina, blessed of the sight of the Malkavians. It started as a coincidence after an innocent mistake due to how similar the two look, but slowly over time Isabella built this into a convenient alter ego. Being the childer of a renegade of an already disliked clan, it was very handy to pretend to be a highly thought of Seer on occasion. Katraina, conveniently, suffers from a madness that prevents her from keeping memories, so it is impossible for her to deny the things that Isabella has done in her stead.

This continued until Manfri tired of her and gave her one last job. She suspected he had just grown bored of her and wanted to recruit a new plaything. She was not sorry about this, she had never truly connected with him, and though she felt a great sense of attachment to him due to their blood bond she did not weep at leaving his side. She would have likely gone on her own and ignored his orders if not for that bond.

Compelled to visit Bistrița and ensure peace in the area, Isabella looks forward to completing her task so that she can strike out on her own and be truly free after her job is done.

Your O/Os for this character: Isabella believes in both true romance and true passion. She lives in the moment, and doesn't care for 'courtship' 'wooing' or anything of the sort. She has no plans to settle down and talk of permanence turns her off. She likes sex fiery and passionate moreso than sweet and tender. Her moods shift quickly and on a whim. Being 'married' in her old customs does not create in her any sense of attachment to her 'husband.'

Spending - 15 Freebie Points

4 - +2 Conviction (2 points/dot)
2 - +2 Willpower (1 point/dot)
4 - +2 Occult (2 point/dot)
2 - +1 to Etiquette (2 point/dot)
2 - +1 to Legerdemain (2 points/dot)
1 - +1 to Alternate Id (1 point/dot)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:09:58 PM by RedPhoenix »

Offline Blythe

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »
Concept -

Favored ghoul originally from around Kievan Rus, a distant sickly descendant of the Rurik dynasty (who would have never seen overt power in life, but nobility nonetheless). Showed an extremely clever wit despite their physical sickliness that drew the attention of his Sire and warranted the Embrace. Sire is an ally of longtime ally of Daecaneus (although distant in these nights; they were closer many years ago) and has sent their childe to assess the situation in Bistrița. His Sire has made it clear they strongly favor Daecaneus over Hafza due to some manner of long term debt the Sire owes Daecaneus, although what caused the debt is unknown. Character follows the Road of Kings (Via Reglis). Generally will be a character who is taciturn and devoted to duty, priority would be Mental attributes (where he always showed talent) and Physical attributes (a long period as a ghoul and the Embrace helped remove that pesky mortal weakness).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:16:17 PM by Blythe »

Offline Jaded

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 07:15:28 PM »
It isn't done, but I thought it might give a better idea of what I am thinking.

Character Concept

Name: Simona Montanari
Clan: Lasombra
Gender/Sex: Female
Nature: Monster
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Generation: 10th

Attributes
Strength:     *
Dexterity:    ***
Stamina:      **

Charisma:     **** - Smooth Talker
Manipulation: **** - Seductive
Appearance:   **** - Otherwordly

Perception:   ***
Intelligence: ***
Wits:         **

Abilities
Talents:
Alertness:     *
Athletics:
Awareness:     **
Brawl:
Empathy:       **
Expression:    *
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Legerdemain:   *
Subterfuge:    *

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Archery:
Commerce:
Crafts:
Etiquette:     **
Melee:         *
Performance:   **
Ride:
Stealth:       ***
Survival:      *

Knowledges:
Academics:     ***
Enigmas:       *
Hearth Wisdom:
Investigation: **
Law:           *
Medicine:
Occult:        **
Politics:      *
Seneschal:
Theology:      ***

Advantages
Backgrounds:
Generation: **
Resources:  **
Retainers:  * (A former Priest turned ghoul/heretic)

Disciplines:
Obtenebration: ****

Virtues: Path of Cathari
Conviction: **** (started at 0 due to path)
Instinct:   **   (started at 0 due to path)
Courage:    **

Path: 5 (max 5 due to path?)

Willpower: 5 (must raise to min 5 due to path)

Blood Pool: ?/13 (1/t)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws
Merits:
Multi-Lingual (2) - Latin, Greek
Lingua Franca (1)

Flaws:
Outsider      (1)
Enemy         (3)
Demon-Hounded (3)

Personality:

History:
Simona was born to one of Genoa’s powerful merchant families.  She was chosen, due to the date of her birth being the same as a local Saint, to join the Church.  At a young age she was shipped off to an Abbey to be raised, and taught the ways of the Catholic Church.

At sixteen, Simona met a man in the garden of the Abbey.  He claimed to be a local nobleman, here for medical treatment.  Simona knew that no such man was present, but he was so kind, so attractive.

For a period of a year and a half they met in the garden for brief trysts, Simona losing sight of her vows as she fell slowly in love.  The night of her eighteenth birthday she went to meet him, only to find him in the garden in the embrace of another woman.  She confronted him, heartbroken, only to find not a man, but an inhuman monster.  She turned to flee, to get help, to do something.  Only to feel pure ecstasy as his teeth sank into her neck.

The world, and the lies of it all, seemed to come into sharp clarity as she awoke.  She didn’t know if she had failed in a test against temptation, she didn’t really find herself caring.  If god cared, he would have aided her.  Now, now she was one with the darkness.  A childe of Caine, perhaps, but also a childe of Lucifer. 

In the decades that followed, Simona found herself doing all she could to corrupt the clergy.  To bring murder, sex, and heresy to the church’s of god, and to turn his children against him.  It put her at odds with many of her own Clan, and she is still convinced that it was one of them that set the ‘Demon Hunter’ after her.  She fled her playground of northern Italy for Crimea, where she found orders waiting.  The clan wanted her to go inland, to the darkness of Transylvania, to watch and report.   

Simona has a single companion, ?, a former Priest turned Heretic and Ghoul.  He still acts as a traveling Priest, feigning belief he no longer holds. 

It was in a rural church, as Simona taught the Priest just what a monster was, that the demon came.  He confirmed what she was, certainly, and offered aid in exchange for service.  Since then he has returned repeatedly, trying to push her towards some purpose she doesn’t understand.

Your O/Os for this character: Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

Freebies
-3 for Willpower
-2 for Subterfuge
-2 for Awareness
-5 for Charisma
-5 for Appearance
-2 for Empathy

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 08:33:10 AM »
OK

@Red - Looks good to me.  Am I taking it you have no merits/flaws or just haven't picked any.  And could I get a bit more about the Malkavian alter ego, specifically, is it a "real" malkavian who happens to look like you or is it a new persona created out of whole cloth.

@Blythe - Sounds good to me.  Roll it up

@Jaded - Looks good.  I'll stat Simon up for you some point in the not too distant.  Is he a ghoul?  I'm assuming he knows you're a vampire?

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 08:55:34 AM »
Ooops I forgot to copy the merits/flaws. They are...

Deceptive Eating (1)
Blush of Health (2)
Inoffensive to Animals (1)
Medium (2)

Deep Sleeper (1)
Prey Exclusion (children/young mothers) (1)
Infamous Sire (1)
Cannot Embrace (2)
Initiate of the Road (1)

I hadn't thought of the alter ego being a real person. I suppose there probably is a noble family named Raleigh somewhere in England but that's just a coincidence. If you think it would be fun to have her be a real person I have no problem doing it that way too. Maybe the real malkavian has memory loss issues which makes it hard for her to deny doing the things that Isabella does in her name? Actually I kind of like that if that's okay.

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 09:06:35 AM »
They're all cool.

Things are moving quickly, I'm toying with starting the game soon and giving you a chance to chat ICly if people think that would be a good idea?

AndyZ is out, I've offered his slot to Pumpkin Seeds who PMd me about the game.

Offline Riveda

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 09:19:03 AM »
Things are moving quickly, I'm toying with starting the game soon and giving you a chance to chat ICly if people think that would be a good idea?
I don't want to hold you back, but I'm having trouble finding the time to put together a character sheet and background. If you've got another taker, go ahead and give them my place.

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »
That's no issues from my point of view.  The only reason I suggested it was to keep some momentum going while we moved people through character creation.  I'd still rather have you than not.  If you know what I mean.  Rrrawwr