You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 02:39:30 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: writersmelody's Story Ideas, in particular Dragon Age setting and tragic romance  (Read 278 times)

Offline writersmelodyTopic starter

Hello Elliquians! I have been absent for some time and am hoping to become active on the site again. To that end, I am looking for writing partners! (If we've written together in the past and you are interested in resuming our story, please send me a PM.)

What I Am Looking For In a Writing Partner
If you can be creative, literate, descriptive, and realistic with a character that is well-balanced and interesting, I will enjoy our RP, whatever the scenario. Gender identity and sexual orientation of the writer does not matter to me.
Plot- I strongly prefer stories that are just that- stories. Sex and/or romance can be the main focus or just one part of the story but either way, there should be more to a scenario than just moving the characters from one bedroom scene to the next.
Detail- In posts, characters, setting, etc. Characters are one part of a story and some might even say not the most important part. There is a world that they are a part of. The more detail, the better. I will be able to be a better writing partner for you if I have plenty to work with.
Patience-  Like I mentioned above, unless I PM you to state otherwise, there will be a post from me eventually. Please be patient! I will be patient with you.
Communication- As long as I know you are still interested in the RP, I will wait as long as necessary for your next post. But please let me know if you'd prefer not to continue the RP for whatever reason, simply let me know via PM. If there is something you want to see or you have an idea or there is something bothering you, please let me know, I am a reasonable being.

For more specific information on what I enjoy and have no interest in ever exploring, please read my Ons and Offs.

Specific Story Ideas
As the title suggests, the following are specific story ideas that I am interested in writing. The bolded role is what I am looking for someone to play. If a title is RED, CAPITALIZED, AND BOLDED it is a story I am especially craving. I do no list a category (Light, Bondage, Nonconsensual, or Extreme) as I am open in that regard. If a role is bolded, that is the role I am looking for someone to write. 

PHANTOM PAINS (Dragon Age- Cullen/Inquisitor Lavellan)

The following idea contains spoilers for those who have not played Dragon: Inquisition and/or its DLC, Trespasser.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
There had always been a mutual attraction between them. They enjoyed intense games of chess, deep and philosophical discussions about faith and magic, and she had helped him through lyrium withdrawal. Their hearts had always belonged to others, though- he had never gotten over the Warden and she was in love with Solas. After the events at the Circle in Fereldan and Kirkwall, after everything the Inquisitor had been through fighting Corypheus and learning the truth about the man she loved, they are both hurting and broken. But perhaps two broken people can find some wholeness in each other...

This would be the story of Lavellan and Cullen as they explore the attraction between them after the events of Trespasser. Will what they have with each other be enough? Can they help each other heal and find a moment of light in the darkness that has surrounded them for so long? Will circumstances tear them apart again?

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST ("Beast"/"Beauty")

It was for a good cause. It was. The price seemed so high though! Once she passed through the gates, she would never be able to walk through them again. No matter how beautiful or extensive the grounds- and she'd been told they were marvelous- or how comfortable the manor (in its state of opulent dilapidation) was, it would be a gilded cage. But she was going to see this through. After all, how bad could it really be? How bad could he really be?

This would be a retelling of a classic fairy tale. We could do it exactly like that, we could do a more realistic version set in a historical or modern setting... All sounds good! But the heart of the story would essentially be the same- the story of a young woman who sees beyond the "Beast's" appearance and helps him rediscover his humanity while he in turn helps her discover strength, courage, and patience and other parts of herself she never knew were there.

DARK PATH (Carpathian Male/Human Lifemate)

He was an ancient being who had spent centuries defending the light while simultaneously fighting off the darkness that spreads within him. Each battle makes it grow that much faster. He can't hold on much longer. Then she comes, the woman he has been waiting for his entire existence. Only she can save him from his dark path...

This would be the story based off the Carpathian novels by Christine Feehan about a Carpathian male finding his human lifemate at long last. I am open to discussing the specifics of the story- who he is, who she is, and exploring the struggles and glories of the intense bond that lifemates share.

Entertaining Angels (Human/Angel)

It was such an ordinary night... At least until the driver almost hit the woman they hadn't seen in the middle of the road. She's naked and unconscious but otherwise unharmed and even still, there is something compelling about her. Unearthly. There is no way the driver is just going to abandon this woman. It isn't until later that they realize the truth-- she is an angel, cast to Earth. What is her purpose there? Can they help her discover and fulfill it before unsavory forces come for them both? And somewhere during this journey, the two of them will learn about the divine, humanity, and love.

Or alternately...

The scientist had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they agreed to take part in Project Seraphim. However, Stage One was successful. They managed to capture an angel, intent on studying one and learning whatever secrets about the universe and whatever powers angels possessed. Somewhere during the tests and experiments and interrogations though, the scientist starts to see this inhuman being as more than a subject. She is so much more than that. Together they must work to help her regain freedom and figure out who, if anyone else, they can trust, and fight against those who would do anything to control or, failing that, destroy her...

The tone of the first proposed scenario is intended to be a bit lighter and sweeter. The tone of the second story would be a bit darker and could perhaps involve some nonconsensual elements. We can discuss particulars depending on which scenario tickles your fancy. The human character could be male or female as you prefer.

For Honor (Knight/Lady)

He was a knight rapidly gaining renown for his chivalry and prowess. She was a young heiress who had grown into a great beauty and was sought after by many. Will he win her heart? Will he be able to make himself stand out from the other knights? Will she be able to withstand the temptations of the court and manage their holdings during his absences? Will their passion become the stuff stories are made of or burn out? Only time will tell...

This would be a story involving courtly love, chivalry, courtship in the vein of Arthurian lore. My hope is that we could explore some other aspects as well- while the knight (your character) was off fighting in battle or questing, I could handle depicting the opposition, potentially even rival suitors. (Though ultimately you are the protagonist!) And while the lady (my character) is waiting for him to return, perhaps you could make things interesting for her by having her deal with drama at court or managing their lands. This would be a male/female story.

The X-Factor (Your Character/Rachel Jackson (Original Character)

Rachel Jackson was an Olympic hopeful, a world-class gymnast. She was also a mutant with the ability to send her consciousness out of her body and even take over someone else's body, her consciousness superseding their own temporarily. Captured by Weapon X, she was tortured and abused but also trained to be a world class assassin, using her athleticism and grace and mutant power to serve as a deadly assassin. Until one day she was rescued.

Rachel is a character I played previously and enjoyed but I never got to finish her story so I'd be interested in writing her again. There are a couple ways this could go. Maybe the X-Men were the ones who rescued her. Maybe it was the Brotherhood or perhaps somehow she escapes and ends up with the Hellfire Club. Your character could be a male or female canon or original character. Either way, this would be the story of them fighting for something beyond themselves and the bond that develops as she starts to heal from the trauma. (Or, if it's the Brotherhood or Hellfire Club, perhaps they teach her to channel that in a different way.) The details, overall plot, and such are very much open to discussion.

General Story Ideas
The following is a list of settings and fandoms I especially enjoy. If a setting or pairing is RED, CAPITALIZED, AND BOLDED it is a story I am especially craving. I do no list a category (Light, Bondage, Nonconsensual, or Extreme) as I am open in that regard.  If one half of a pair is bolded, that is the part I am looking for a partner to write.

Some pairings I enjoy:
Superhero or Supervillain/Civilian

Some settings I really enjoy writing in include but are not limited to:
Battlestar Galactica
Dragon Age
The Black Jewels trilogy
The Anita Blake series
Age of Misrule/The Dark Age/Kingdom of Serpents series by Mark Chadbourn
Christine Feehan's Dark books about the Carpathian series
Dragonriders of Pern series
Firefly/Serenity 'verse
Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel 'verse
True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries 'verse
Jacqueline Carey's novels set in Terre D'Ange
The world of The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by A. N. Roquelaure, aka Anne Rice
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. Martin/Game of Thrones
Fairy tales
Marvel/DC comics
Marvel films
The 4400
Mass Effect
The Walking Dead
The Wicked and the Divine
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:25:10 AM by writersmelody »

Update Tracker
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:14:23 PM »
Updated 9/15/2016- removed Battlestar Galactica Human/Cylon idea, added Angel/Human, Mortal/God(dess), added Anteros' Curse, added emphasis to story set in the Dragon Age setting
Updated 9/16/2016- reformatted entire thread
Updated 9/22/2016- added "The X-Factor"
Updated 10/11/2016- removed Amor Aeternus Est (taken)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:36:28 PM by writersmelody »

October Bump
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:33:37 PM »
I am still seeking writing partners, open to taking on 1-3 new stories.