You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:50:42 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: JayL's plot request & idea thread. ADDED NEW PLOT ADDED.  (Read 432 times)

Offline JayLTopic starter

• The Prince that was Promsied, The Boy who Lived, The Chosen One.. All the cool ones pretty much.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • All those moments will be lost in time...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
JayL's plot request & idea thread. ADDED NEW PLOT ADDED.
« on: August 27, 2016, 07:38:54 AM »
JAY-L's Plots, thoughts, ideas and general thread of nonsense.

Do NOT post here. PM me.

Current Status: Basically, I have a free slate. I haven't wrote in a while and I'm desperate to jump in and start creating some characters and stories with some new (and maybe older) partners.

What I'm looking for: I love writing. I love creating new stories and characters. And of course, I love collaborating with a partner.
- Character Development. - I can't stress this enough!
- Strong stories with real characters and plots.
- A grasp of literacy. I'm not expecting Wordsworth from anyone, but I can be picky in this sense.
- M/F pairings only. Personal preference.
- Decent post lengths. Honestly, I hope/expect for at least 2-3 paragraphs per reply.

Posting Frequency: Ahead of anything, I'll be upfront. I can never guarantee immediate/fast replies. I can reply once a day, or once a week. 8-14 day breaks away CAN happen, I will say. But these are rare. It will all depend on my work schedule and my personal life. I do thoroughly enjoy writing and advancing the story however, so expect me to get to things as quick as possible.

Plots:
(More than willing to discuss new ideas with partners)

1. The Intern.
Inspiration: Numerous Political films & books.
Tone: Dark, brooding & gritty.
Expectations: A drawn out political drama. Relationships not being what they seem and political intrigue being high on the list.
Setting: modern day,  mainly Chicago but all over the United States.

Background and introductions:

-Stephen Meyers was only twenty-nine years old, but already he had a career the envy of men double his age. Seemingly born with a knack for politics, he was charming, cunning and clever in every sense of the word. Working directly under Michael Zara, Morris' senior campaign manager, he would do anything to get his boss to the top. (Age: 29).
-Jack Morris, The Governor of Illinois was Stephens boss. But more than that, he was his mentor and father figure. Deciding to run as a Democratic presidential candidate, he'd elevated Stephen to junior campaign manager. Something unheard of at his relatively young age. Born with a bustling charisma and an extremely likeable personality, Jack was on the rise. A married man with two beautiful daughters, his path to the White house seemed destined. (Age: 50)
-Penny Pallance (named can be changed) was fresh out of college and looking to hustle her way in the political world. The daughter of Arthur Pallance, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, she had managed to snag an internship in Morris' campaign team. Smart, beautiful and willing to work her socks off, she seemed destined for a life in honest politics. (Age: 22-23)

OPTIONAL FOURTH CHARACTER:

- Lizzie Bernstein: was an esteemed reporter for the New York Times. Infamous for her scathing stories and exposes on the Political world, everyone wanted her as a friend and despised her as an enemy. A chance encounter with Stephen Meyers, junior campaign manager on Morris' campaign, led to a steamy affair, which gave the press a direct and potentially dangerous line right into Morris' camp. (Age: 37-38)

Plot:

Things were going so smoothly. Morris was ahead in most opinion polls and his popularity was through the roof. Like a well oiled machine, his team, from the interns to the PR, were smashing every target. The Presidency seemed a foregone conclusion. It was all too perfect, something had to go wrong. And of course, it did...  Along came Penny. Beautiful and vibrant, she was so easy to fall for. And very quickly, like moths to a flame, both Stephen and Jack did so. Problem was, she equally fell for both of them, creating a serious love triangle that could destroy everything around them.

Thoughts:

I see myself playing both Stephen and Jack, with my partner of course playing Penny. I see it slow bubbling at the start, with playfully flirting. Penny and Stephen would be closer in age, and have an instant sexual attraction to one another, playing out the basics. Where as Jack, a completely devoted family man, would develop a relationship with her over time. Succumbing to his feelings, with their relationship taking longer to develop.

2. Small Town blues
Inspiration: 'Fargo', both the show and the original 96' film.
Tone: Dark-comedy, crime, thriller.
Expectations: A quirky but often dark and frightfully realistic murder investigation in a small town.
Setting: A relatively small town in the United States. Can be a snowy mountain town, or a southern backwater town.

Background and introductions:

Looking to do something a little different here. I want me and a partner to play the whole town, or at least, the major players. The police offers, the local judges, the victims families etc.
We would of course, have a "main" character, but a whole host of NPC's thrown in.

I picture a car being found, a young girl (aged 18-20) is murdered and dumped in the back. No motive, no clear objective.  It rumbles the small town to the very core. - Murder had happened in the past, sure, this wasn't a fairytale village, but this wasn't a big city either, gruesome and seemingly random killings weren't the norm. Within the hour, The Sheriff, Franklin Cogburn, rustles all his deputies to duty. The word spreading through the town like wildfire.

As things progress, I imagine more sinister happenings, to the point the State police become involved, as well as journalists, adding more NPC's to the cause

Thoughts:

Plenty more to discuss here, the involvement of characters and future plans, as well as an agreement on which characters we should play. I would love to flesh it out more.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:09:50 AM by JayL »

• The Prince that was Promsied, The Boy who Lived, The Chosen One.. All the cool ones pretty much.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: JayL's plot request & idea thread. New political plot added!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:42:33 PM »
New political plot added! 'The Intern'

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: JayL's plot request & idea thread. ADDED NEW PLOT ADDED.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 09:10:11 AM »
added new plot/thought.

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: JayL's plot request & idea thread. ADDED NEW PLOT ADDED.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 12:51:40 PM »
Bump.