You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 16, 2017, 09:15:16 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Jay's dome of ideas and wonders. - NEW PLOTS - Update 29/12/2016  (Read 712 times)

Offline JayLTopic starter

• The Prince that was Promsied, The Boy who Lived, The Chosen One.. All the cool ones pretty much.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • All those moments will be lost in time...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
JAY-L's Plots, thoughts, ideas and general thread of nonsense.

Do NOT post here. PM me.

Current Status: Taking on new partners and new stories.

What I'm looking for: I love writing. I love creating new stories and characters. And of course, I love collaborating with a partner.
- Character Development. - I can't stress this enough!
- Strong stories with real characters and plots.
- A grasp of literacy. I'm not expecting Wordsworth from anyone, but I can be picky in this sense.
- M/F pairings only. Personal preference.
- Decent post lengths. Honestly, I hope/expect for at least 2-3 paragraphs per reply.

Posting Frequency: Ahead of anything, I'll be upfront. I can never guarantee immediate/fast replies. I can reply once a day, or once a week. 8-14 day breaks away CAN happen, I will say. But these are rare. It will all depend on my work schedule and my personal life. I do thoroughly enjoy writing and advancing the story however, so expect me to get to things as quick as possible.

Plots:
(More than willing to discuss new ideas with partners)

The Rebels & The Damsels

Inspiration: The Keeping Room (check it out if you havent already!)
Tone: Dark & gritty. With a realistic and harsh approach.
Expectations: A western/southern set story, with a hostage situation and an odd romance.
Setting: I'm thinking somewhere like Missouri, a border state. 

Late December, 1864.

Background.
The dying days of the Civil war were some of the harshest. General Lee had surrendered, and the Confederacy began to die its slow death.
Some however, refused to believe or accept this outcome..

Guerillas, bushwhackers, rebels.. Whatever you called them, they were the Devil to the Union. Roaming in the mountains and forests of border states, they'd harass and raid Union towns and settlements. Brutal and ruthless in their execution.

Most of the Union men were off fighting. Often hundreds of miles away from home. Leaving the women to tend the farms, raise the children and govern the towns. The last and only line of defence against the rebel villains and murderers.

Plot.
Elanor and Mary were sisters. Married to two Union men, they shared a large farm house miles from town. A beautiful place, with rich agriculture and a reasonable size cattle. With their husbands away, the two bonded together and decided they best way to survive this was to work together, hiring other women from the town to help toil the fields and tend the animals. A tough life, but thanks to their resolve, a life they made work.

John and Bill were rebels. Both Confederate guerillas, they had spent the war years fighting as part of a raiding party, of which Bill, known as the Butcher, was the commander of. Scalping, murdering, raping... they were the scourge of the Union loyalists. And they showed not one jot of remorse. - One fateful night, their raiding party is ambushed, most of their unit is killed or captured, and John and Bill are left as the only survivors. Fleeing through fields and forests, they stumble upon a large farm house..

Creeping to the windows, they spot only a handful of women inside. This was their chance.. Breaking in, they decided to take the women hostage. Holding up in the old house until reinforcements could come and rescue, or the Union soldiers left the area.....

Thoughts.
This would obviously be a lot more detailed than a simple hostage story. Each character would have a distinct personality, and things would unfold at a deliberate and dramatic pace. - Many kinks or ideas could be thrown in, with a romance or sexual attraction blossoming between two, or even a more darker route, with rape involved (though, only for the sake of the story). Both even. Who knows. It can be something we discuss. Also: The names of the women is easily changed. Their just stock character names I chose.

ALTERNATIVELY: This can be set up with a more modern approach. Just a thought.

The Cogan's Trade

Background

Antonio  Amorés, 25,  was a Spanish Jesuit priest, a member of the Society of Jesus.  A holy order of the Catholic Church, who travel the known word spreading the Gospel. Orphaned at a young age, he only knew the Church and the life of a priest. Without question he devoted himself to Christ and his teachings, his faith being unshakeable. Until he met her..
Some how, he would meet a young woman (aged 18-25)
Almost instantaneously, they would fall for another. Head over heels in love. But unlike modern times, faith was not simply renounced. Atheism wasn't even considered yet. Antonio had made a vow to the Church, to remain celibate, to take no wife or father no children.
Of course, that vow was easy to make aged 10, alone and orphaned. Now their blossoming romance has made him question everything..

Theres literally a hundred avenues we could take it down, dependant on my partners input.  I did have a loose  idea, inspired by the new Scorses film 'Silence'.  So I'll lay it out, feel free to change/pick it apart.

Plot:
SPAIN, 1658.
The persecution of Christians in Japan during the 17th century had hit fever pitch. Catholics were deemed enemies, and any one even remotely suspected of being a Christian was tortured and/or killed. It was a highly dangerous and dark time.
The Jesuit order, known for their journeys across the globe spreading the Gospel, would not turn their back on their fellow Christians, however.
Many voluntarily ventured there, to offer comfort and guidance to those suffering, despite the threat of murder and crucifixion.

Antonio was one of these, as was she (for arguments sake, I'll call her Maria for now). Young and devoted to the Church, they offered to sail to Japan, to undertake this deadly mission without a seconds thought.

This is where the story would take part. The ship landing in Japan, the two would look help those in need, whilst avoiding the Emperors soldiers and evading capture. Of course, the crux of the story would be them falling in love whilst also being surrounded by high danger. -Where things lead from here, we can discuss.

Thoughts:
This may seem an odd plot, but I'd love to explore the ideas of faith, and the commitment to church being tested. The Jesuit's were in fact all male, but we could change that for this story. So, feel free to message me to iron out details. Oh, and on a side note, feel free to adjust your character as you wish. My idea is simply the blueprint. We can change everything completely if you wish.

The Intern.
Inspiration: Numerous Political films & books.
Tone: Dark, brooding & gritty.
Expectations: A drawn out political drama. Relationships not being what they seem and political intrigue being high on the list.
Setting: modern day,  mainly Chicago but all over the United States.

Background and introductions:

-Stephen Meyers was only twenty-nine years old, but already he had a career the envy of men double his age. Seemingly born with a knack for politics, he was charming, cunning and clever in every sense of the word. Working directly under Michael Zara, Morris' senior campaign manager, he would do anything to get his boss to the top. (Age: 29).
-Jack Morris, The Governor of Illinois was Stephens boss. But more than that, he was his mentor and father figure. Deciding to run as a Democratic presidential candidate, he'd elevated Stephen to junior campaign manager. Something unheard of at his relatively young age. Born with a bustling charisma and an extremely likeable personality, Jack was on the rise. A married man with two beautiful daughters, his path to the White house seemed destined. (Age: 50)
-Penny Pallance (named can be changed) was fresh out of college and looking to hustle her way in the political world. The daughter of Arthur Pallance, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, she had managed to snag an internship in Morris' campaign team. Smart, beautiful and willing to work her socks off, she seemed destined for a life in honest politics. (Age: 22-23)

OPTIONAL FOURTH CHARACTER:

- Lizzie Bernstein: was an esteemed reporter for the New York Times. Infamous for her scathing stories and exposes on the Political world, everyone wanted her as a friend and despised her as an enemy. A chance encounter with Stephen Meyers, junior campaign manager on Morris' campaign, led to a steamy affair, which gave the press a direct and potentially dangerous line right into Morris' camp. (Age: 37-38)

Plot:

Things were going so smoothly. Morris was ahead in most opinion polls and his popularity was through the roof. Like a well oiled machine, his team, from the interns to the PR, were smashing every target. The Presidency seemed a foregone conclusion. It was all too perfect, something had to go wrong. And of course, it did...  Along came Penny. Beautiful and vibrant, she was so easy to fall for. And very quickly, like moths to a flame, both Stephen and Jack did so. Problem was, she equally fell for both of them, creating a serious love triangle that could destroy everything around them.

Thoughts:

I see myself playing both Stephen and Jack, with my partner of course playing Penny. I see it slow bubbling at the start, with playfully flirting. Penny and Stephen would be closer in age, and have an instant sexual attraction to one another, playing out the basics. Where as Jack, a completely devoted family man, would develop a relationship with her over time. Succumbing to his feelings, with their relationship taking longer to develop

Ezekiel Moss
Inspiration: Numerous supernatural films, television shows and books.
Tone: Brooding, contemplative and harrowing.
Expectations: An eery often downright odd romance mixed with a supernatural ghost story.
Setting: The United States during the Depression. 

The heart of the Depression.  In a small town, too small for anyone to care about the name even, lives 10 year old Joel, who has a giant imagination and zero friends.  He lives with his widowed mother, Iris, an emotionally fragile woman, in the tiny Inn she runs.  Iris finds occasional moments of happiness sleeping with the salesman who stop by her Inn every week.  She hates herself for it, but if not for that, she’d be too lonely for words.

The thing with Iris’ job is that it’s predictable to the point of boredom.  The faces may change, but it’s the same travelling salesmen, the same practiced smiles, the same broken promises.  That is until the darkly intense Ezekiel Moss shows up with his witch-like partner, Hepzibah Webb. 

Joel finds the odd but vulnerable Ezekiel fascinating, which of course worries his mother to no end. After a week at the Inn, the truth about the shady two becomes evident. They themselves, are salespeople, but of a different kind than they are used to.  Ezekiel claims a unique talent,  he can embody the dead. Channel them from the other side. 

After seeing one of these possessions himself, Joel is a amazed, and he runs to his mother to tell her what’s going on.  But because Joel’s imagination has always been so outrageous, Iris doesn’t believe him.  Nor does she want to believe him, as she’s begun to fall for Ezekiel. 

At first Iris remains skeptical,  but longing to communicate with her deceased soul mate and husband, she acquiesces to Ezekiel and Hepzibah. Indulging them in hopes for closure.

The town's priest grows to fear them for their black magic and 'sorcery', so does his best to look into their back story, which leads him down a shadowy path. Accusations fly in from other towns, where the two are wanted individuals. Words is, that they're nothing but con-artists. Scamming people out of their money and livelyhood.

Is Ezekiel the real deal? or a con-man?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:48:31 AM by JayL »

• The Prince that was Promsied, The Boy who Lived, The Chosen One.. All the cool ones pretty much.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: Jay's dome of ideas and wonders. - NEW PLOT - Update 16/10/2016
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:40:29 PM »
Brand new large scale plot added. - 'The Cogan's Trade'
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:45:29 AM by JayL »

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: Jay's dome of ideas and wonders. - NEW PLOTS - Update 18/12/2016
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 06:46:22 AM »
Brand new plot added. - 'The Mission'

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: Jay's dome of ideas and wonders. - NEW PLOTS - Update 18/12/2016
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 09:04:18 AM »
2 plots added. 'The Intern' and 'Ezekiel Moss'.

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: Jay's dome of ideas and wonders. - NEW PLOTS - Update 29/12/2016
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 06:29:09 AM »
New plot added... 'The Rebels and the Damsels'