You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 12:45:03 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Civil Rights Era  (Read 136 times)

Offline JuliaInNJ2007Topic starter

Civil Rights Era
« on: August 15, 2016, 03:00:32 PM »
ME: The demure wife of an aspiring Democrat Senator from New Jersey rising up the ranks and posing himself as a John Kennedy type. He is a huge backer of civil rights. As am I.

YOU: The long-serving Governor of Mississippi. An ardent traditionalist and pro-segregation politician who rules his state with an iron first.

PLOT: I join the Freedom Riders on our mission to promote justice for all. We gave harassment and threats throughout the campaign (of which I am a very visible face). However, at one point, the whole lot of us are jailed. I spend an awful night in jail, in miserable conditions. I think about you, and how you have the power and balls to do something like this without a second thought. My husband wouldn't. And... something comes over me.

First thing in the morning, I plead with a guard to let me meet with you. He sends the message. You believe it to be some negotiation on my part. However, when we are in person, I tell you something you could never imagine but surely love.