You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 02:04:07 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Connection Not Secure Warning  (Read 373 times)

Offline CaptainEroticaTopic starter

Connection Not Secure Warning
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »
Recently I have been getting a message on my IPhone when I try to open up an Elliquiy page. I'll try and write dos the information next time it happens. It basically warns me that my connection might not be safe and that Elliquiy might be trying to hack my passwords/account info. I think it has to do with an expired certification. It also only happens about once or twice a day.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Connection Not Secure Warning
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
Is there a chance it is a site that might be trying to sell something?  I get popups on my laptop now and then when linking to other sites.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Hoarder of Blankets ❇ The Light of Dawn ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Ely Lightbringer, the Dragon Queen of Elliquiy™
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:16:18 PM »
Whenever we get this on our computers in our house, we're able to stop it by closing the browser, opening the Command Prompt, and typing ipconfig /flushdns. Once the DNS has been successfully flushed, we can usually access the site. Not sure how to work around it for a phone though. =/

Offline Beautiful Mystery

• Beautifully Mysterious Woman ∫ Beemer ∫ The Caroline Channing to Sofia's Max Black ∫ Sakura's Chickaboo
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • There is a wild side behind this innocent face ;)
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:20:20 PM »
I have gotten the same message before when I am on my phone on campus. (It only happens when I am on the shuttle, traveling in between wifi spots)

I think it has to do with E being a https site. Because I can pull up google easily (a normal http site) so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Because when I switch from trying to use wifi to mobile data, I have no issues.

Why? I have no idea. But I have noticed it only happens with E.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »
Recently I have been getting a message on my IPhone when I try to open up an Elliquiy page. I'll try and write dos the information next time it happens. It basically warns me that my connection might not be safe and that Elliquiy might be trying to hack my passwords/account info. I think it has to do with an expired certification. It also only happens about once or twice a day.

Elliquiy's certificate doesn't expire for another year.

It's possible you might be seeing this on pages where people have included non-https images, but I would need to know more to have much idea of what is going on.

Offline CaptainEroticaTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 01:55:45 AM »
Hasn't happened since i posted this. If it does I will take a screenshot or something.

Offline Magnum Opus

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 05:33:13 AM »
I am on an Iphone currently and just got a similar message, but only my when connecting via wifi, not via my 4G connection.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »
What was the message, exactly?

Offline Magnum Opus

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
I don't have a screenshot unfortunately.

Message was 'cannot open webpage as safari cannot establish a secure connection to the server'.

Other websites were loading fine, just not Elliquiy. Apple say that this message is there to protect your device from harmful websites and websites which may wish to steal data from your device.

Offline Beautiful Mystery

• Beautifully Mysterious Woman ∫ Beemer ∫ The Caroline Channing to Sofia's Max Black ∫ Sakura's Chickaboo
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • There is a wild side behind this innocent face ;)
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 03:57:13 PM »
What I have taken the message as (And don't quote me because I am just purely guessing)

Is that due to E being an https site, if the wifi is not reliable or a password protected wifi, perhaps it (the browser) is worried that your passwords/information can be stolen. Because like others have mentioned, other websites are fine (I am guessing they are normal http sites). Perhaps that is why you are unable to connect because I get that message and I use the internet on my android (so not Safari)

Again, I am just making an educated guess.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 06:11:54 PM »
I've added the root certificate to the chain. Rumor seems to be that some iphones don't properly carry it.

Let me know if this fixes it.

Offline Magnum Opus

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »
When I am reunited with wifi I will let you know!

Thanks Veks!