After some consideration, hearing what people have had to say, looking at the concepts presented and further looking at the notes I have in store for the future of the game I have decided to do a couple of things.First
, I will be extending the posting cycle to a solid five days
. To facilitate this it is unlikely that the mainstory stuff will ever use a firm posting order; if you post and are required for some reason to wait for someone else to post before you (this does come up, sometimes) please
be sure to make note of that in OOC - let that player know you're going to be waiting for them so they know to address accordingly.Second
, I have decided to take all nine
presented characters. After talking with different individuals I think that I can effectively represent all of them. To facilitate this I'll be swapping my original concept to something else (presented below). My choice to take everyone has to do largely with wanting to ensure there's some balance in the game (for potential pairings) as well as accounting for future game drops. Losing one or two players at 9 doesn't cripple the game in the same way that it does at 6. That said this will also let me run some of the bigger operations I was worried I might not have been able to do. From the characters presented this is the (assumed and idea) positions for each player:Wispyr:
Frontal AssaultOrange Marmalade:
Two threads are currently up. We're going to let the recruitment thread go ahead and die, and transition over to the OOC thread.[Hellions] Out of Character
[Hellions] Character Sheets
From here you should transition to the OOC thread and use the character sheet template here to write up the full fledged character. Characters should be posted into OOC for approval. Once approved you'll post them up into the character sheet thread. Once all characters are approved the main story threads will go up. Side threads are likely to go up sooner. Character sheet submission cut off is Sunday 8/21
, any character not submitted will be expelled from the game.
[floatleft][img height=300 padding=10]http://placehold.it/250x300[/img][/floatleft][center][font=Georgia][size=8pt]-Hellions Character Sheet-[/size]Building Your Character
Gender | Earth Lineage (ethnicity) | Sexuality
Eye Color | Height | Age | Weight | Hair Color
[i]Insert a quick paragraph or three about your character - physical, personality, and their history.[/i]
[i]Please list the big event, action or thing that was done that would have put the character on Iceman's radar. The thing that made them a freelancer with a name, not just some person. Also include a generic list of crimes they would be known for - details not needed, however try to maintain some realism between things like age / experience / notoriety.[/i]
[i]List and describe the characters mutation.[/i][/center]
[font=Georgia][b]Primary Weapon:[/b] ? ? ? - [i][/i]
[b]Secondary Weapon:[/b] ? ? ? - [i][/i]
[b]Specialty:[/b] ? ? ? - [i][/i]
[b]Primary Asset:[/b] ? ? ? - [i][/i]
[b]Secondary Asset:[/b] ? ? ? - [i][/i]
[b]Tertiary Asset:[/b] ? ? ? - [i][/i]
To facilitate character creation and a diverse, as well as specialized, cast, each character will need to fill out one of these little charts that will be added onto their character sheet. This will put a scope on the character, and I ask that you be reasonably
detailed while filling this out. Because this game focuses on the theme of mercenaries
we will be working under the assumption that every character has at least passable knowledge of common weapons - that is any character could pick up a pistol and know how to shoot it - unless specifically otherwise stated; they may not be particularly great with these weapons but they can use them without big hassle (this assumption does not extend to unique/exotic/rare/specialized/non personal weapons - please apply basic logic). Further it's assumed - again, unless otherwise stated - that the characters have built some sort of, at least, basic level of connection network. If you want things beyond 'basic', that is something that would be listed under 'assets', which will be defined a little later. Like both of these, basic skills in 'rogue type' skills are assumed to be had - but I do mean basic
; any of the characters can attempt a pick pocket, for instance, but if you want to be an exceptional
pick pocket, you would want to list that as one of your 'assets'. Finally I want to touch on the fact that there will be a very lite system at work for outcome determination, that is used behind the scenes. You'll never be required to interact with it, but some of your choices here will affect it.
First let's talk about weapons (and by extension, armor). Weapons in this game come in four types. Physical, Energy, Thermal and Powered. Each of these have unique traits that should be remembered, and played with, as well as strengths and weaknesses.
- Physical: Traditional ammo weapons or physical things like knifes. These weapons are limited by normal physical limitations, such as ammo capacity and durability. Physical weapons are very effective against Energized Armor and very ineffective against Heavy Armor.
- Energy: Energy weapons shoot a plasma like energy, or utilize energy blades. These weapons suffer from recharge cycles, and once their 'clip' is empty they must be allowed a period of rest before they 'reload'. Energy weapons are very effective against Heavy Armor, but ineffective against Energized Armor.
- Thermal: Thermal weapons use the idea of traditional lasers or super heated filament in blades. Thermal weapons have very limited capacity, but recharge quickly. Thermal weapons are extremely effective against Light Armor, but ineffective against Shields.
- Powered: Powered weapons use heavy electrical charge to inflict damage, as well as energized blades. Powered weapons have heavy energy needs that must be 'reloaded' frequently. Powered weapons are extremely effective against Shields, and ineffective against Light Armor
Next let's go over the specifics of what you need to fill out:
- Primary Weapon: The characters favored weapon. Please be specific about the capabilities of this weapon - I need to know the idea of the weapon you have in mind. Be sure to include which type of weapon it is. Characters will deal bonus damage and have a higher accuracy with their primary weapon. Weapons can not alternate between types - you can not have a single gun that fires both Powered and Energy rounds, for instance.
- Secondary Weapon: As above, with the exception that secondary weapons don't deal additional damage but do benefit from increased accuracy.
- Specialty: This is what sets your character apart, this is their trade mark skill, this is what they are known for. Again be specific, but keep this fairly narrow and don't let it become a wide scope of skills.
- Asset: These are the other areas that your character has dedicated time and resources into developing. This could be weapon skills, this could be social skills, this could be knowledge, this could be contacts, ties. Basically anything. Each one is rated above the ones after it, the 'primary asset' is their next biggest strength compared to their specialty, while the 'secondary' isn't as good as the primary, but better then the 'tertiary'.