As a few of you know, I am Blackstone, a writer here that more than a few have enjoyed writing with me. I had created two some what original character's for games and have an itch to play them again. My on and offs are in my signature block below, as well as samples to son of my efforts here on E! I am open to pairings for either, even your own original take on a character. Drop me a line and we can discusss. Hope to hear from you. Here are the characters.
Name: Chris Knight
Hero Callsign: Tempest
Former Occupation: Captain, United States Air Force, Security Forces
Current Occupation: Owner, Security Consultant, and Investigator for Knight Security in Metropolis
Sexuality: Mainly heterosexual, but is not homophobic
Residence: Outskirts of Metropolis
On's: Bondage, discipline, Shibari, orgasm denial, Dominat, prolonged teasing (see Player On & Offs in signature block)
Off's: Body fluids, vore, scat, non-con, permanent disfigurement or injury (see Player On & Offs signature block)
Chris Knight: Chris is ruggedly handsome, and if he cleaned up he could easily been seen on GQ. Chris is a bit dense about his looks, and kind of gives it a careless neglect, and does not understand how he gets the attention that he does when he walks into a room. His hair is longer than in his days in the Air Force, but it is not a long unkempt mass either. At times he is sporting the stubble, and his normally off duty wear of t-shirts and jean don't show the powerful physique to much detail, still even baggy clothing can't hide that Chris is an extremely fit man that keeps himself in shape.
As Tempest, Chris dresses up like a ninja, for lack of better terms. His attire is beta-cloth treated that is both tear and ballistic resistant. It will stop most small arms fire, but military grade or armor piercing rounds will penetrate the costume. The costume is black to better aid him to fade into the shadows. He has a full face mask that stops before the bridge of his nose. With his powers, Tempest is able to reinforce parts of his costume, but he needs more than a seconds warning to do so. With it he has made the gloves and boots of the outfit far more resilient so as to strike harder with his hands and feet, and with enough warning cause a fifty caliber round to ricochet, but that is only if he has time. Also doing so to the full outfit turns the costume fairly inflexible and difficult to move in.
Chris is the man everyone wants at their back. Dependable. He can flirt at times, but he rarely takes it beyond that. He makes the first move, and if there is interest, great, if not, he doesn't make waves, as you never know who you are going to need a favor from. Chris is principled, but his code of honor seems to have his own handbook, so it is hard to say what cause he will champion, but when he does, it is as fierce as any have ever seen. This personality spills over well into his costumed persona and there is not much separation between the two save that as Tempest he is a bit freer to act and use the powers that he cannot used when out of costume.
Powers and SkillsAir Manipulation:
Tempest can manipulate the movement of air about him to perform a number of stunts. These are the stunts and abilities he has managed to perform to date when he calls upon the Spirits of Air to assist him.
- With concentration and enough space he can lift and hold aloft in the air mass equaling to one ton in weight. The heavier the object, the more space he needs to create a wind stream to lift. For the full ton of weight he would need an area roughly twenty meters cubed in open space. To generate a wind stream to hold hold a person of average weight and height aloft, about one meter cubed area of space is all he needs.
- If he has at least one meter cubed of space about him, Tempest can generate a wind stream that can grant him the power of flight. How fast he can go depends on how much space he has about him. In the crowded confines of a city, speeds of up to 150 mph are possible. Up in open air where the wind stream exists, Tempest has been able to push himself to 450 mph unassisted, faster if he gets a tail wind behind him. Flight is not a quiet or stealth like ability for Tempest. When he is using it, it generates as much sound and noise as a class one tornado does, and the wake the follows behind him is the same speed, so flying 150 mph down an alleyway will stir up its fair share of garbage and debris behind him.
- Force Bolts in the form of spheres of extremely dense and low pressure air that can hit with enough force to knock an average sized man back twenty yards. Non-lethal in most cases but can hit with enough force to dent reinforced steel up to two inches thick. Tempest's force spheres have a range of 200 yards with no obstruction.
- By channeling the Air Spirits through him, it is possible for Tempest to increase his speed and reaction time by a factor of twenty. This does not mean his body is immune to the consequences of his increased speed. Striking a person as this speed would likely shatter the bones in his hand unless some precautions were made. Tempest is extremely cautious when using this power, especially when he is unable to channel another elemental spirit to offset the consequences of his actions while moving at such an accelerated speed.
Tempest can manipulate the movement of earth about him and more importantly, draw from the strength of the very bones of the earth about him. From his interaction and channeling the spirits of the earth, he is able to perform a number of stunts. These are the stunts and abilities he has managed to perform to date when he calls upon the Spirits of Earth to assist him. Note that Tempest must be in contact with the Earth in some form to be able to draw upon these powers. While he can use them say on the 35th floor of a tall building, their effect would be diminished as a result. He us unable to channel earth spirits at all while in flight.
- Tempest can cause an area up to twenty meters cube of earth to shift and move. He has used this ability to pull boulders from under the earth and fling them at enemies or constructs up to twenty meters away. This is a fair disruptive and destructive power, and is picked up as a 2.5 seismic event on the Richter scale and as such rarely employs this within the confines of a city unless a person's life is at stake.
- Tempest can draw upon the strength of the world to change his body to be able to withstand the stress that comes with having superhuman strength, and can lift up to ten tons when he draws upon the earth. Tempest will never employ super human strength against a normal human opponent unless there was a life at stake. He often uses this ability in combination with the ability accelerate his speed against meta-human opponents. This ability coupled with his martial arts skills makes Tempest a deadly opponent in combat against meta-humans.
- Tempest can draw upon the spirits of the earth to enhance the tensile strength of his skin, or the costume he wears. He can either confine this to small areas, say hands and feet, or his limbs, or his torso, or to his full body. Note that his natural flexibility goes down the more he draws upon it. He can make his body as dense and hard as granite blocks, but he would be immobile and unable to move if he did so.
Tempest can manipulate the movement of water about him and more importantly. From his interaction and channeling the spirits of the water, he is able to perform a number of stunts. These are the stunts and abilities he has managed to perform to date when he calls upon the spirits of water to assist him. Note that Tempest must be within 200 meters of a body of water in order to channel the spirits of water, and their effect or intensity is diminished when confronted with effects that would cause water to dissipate at an unnatural rate, such as extreme heat. Also the volume of water is important, and he would need a source at least one meter cubed in volume to gain the spirit strength needed to use his abilities to full effect.
Talents and Skills
- Move and manipulate into shapes or physical constructs of water up to twenty meters cubed in volume. Also this gives him the ability to move up to speeds of one hundred and twenty mph, if there was enough open water before him. Tempest has been able to use this ability to stop freighter sized ships in their tracks and stave in their hulls. Military ships up to the size of a Destroyer class are vulnerable in the open water. The maximum range that Tempest can manipulate water and the constructs is 200 yards.
- With at least one meter cubed volume of water present, he can form objects that have a solid tensile strength in his hands. He normally forms some form of martial arts weapon, such as a weighted chain, nunchucks, or katana blade. The more water present, the stronger he can make these items. He can make weapons that have up to a three meter reach if he so desires. This is one of Tempest's more deadlier abilities due to his skill with martial arts weaponry.
- Since the human body is mostly water, Tempest, with a sufficient source of clean water, can heal even life threatening injuries. Without water he can seal minor wounds and cuts, but it does test his endurance to do so and does much better when water is present. He is unable to regenerate new limbs or tissue on a large scale, he can however reattach severed limbs with the skill of a combat surgeon, enough to save the limb and stabilize the patient till he can see more advanced medical treatment. Prolonged use of this ability will tax his strength and leave him unable to call upon other spirits till he had had sufficient time to recover, four to six hours of sleep. He will only push himself in the field with this ability only if an innocent or friend's life is at stake.
- Highly skilled martial artist with first degree black belt in traditional Karate and Jujitsu
- Marksman with traditional military firearms and rifles
- Highly skilled with Martial Arts weapons
- Highly skilled with Katana
- Highly knowledgeable in Law Enforcement
- Highly knowledgeable with detective work and evidence gathering methodology
- Highly knowledgeable with modern security systems
- Knowledgeable with Asian mystical lore
- Knowledgeable in United States Air Force lore, tactics, and protocol
Limitations and Weaknesses:
- Other than what has already been stated in his powers, to date Chris can only channel the spirits he calls upon for two hours of continuous use, up to six hours if he is calling upon the spirits off and on during that time period. After that he needs at least four hours of rest to recover. Pushing himself can lead to issues as migraine head headaches, partial blindness, and unconsciousness for several hours if he pushes himself, as well as the loss of his ability to channel elemental spirit energy for a full twenty-four hours.
- Chris is unable to channel fire elemental spirits and are the bane to his ability to channel water spirits
- Chris needs at least one meter cubed of space to be able to connect to the spirits of that element. As such if he were in a confined space of less than one meter cubed of air, he could not channel air elemental energy enough to use his abilities with that spirit, just as if he did not have a solid connection to at least one meter cubed of earth he could not call upon those spirits.
- For one hour a day every other day, Chris must meditate and commune with the spirits. In order to access his abilities, he must have earth and water present with him when he communes with the spirit world or he will not be able to access his abilities with those spirits. If he does not commune with the spirits at least once every forty-eight hours then he cannot call upon the spirits to channel his abilities.
Chris came from a military background, his father having been an F-16 pilot of war veteran. It is no surprise that Chris ended up at the Air Force Academy, having excelled in sports and school. He was a member of their football team, running back, and it is in no small part to his efforts and skill that the Falcons enjoyed the best three years of football in recent history. Football success did not translate well to academic success. While no slouch, Chris was exposed to a whole new class of intelligence. He managed a 3.2 GPA, but that was not enough to get him a pilot slot, that and there was something about his blood work that caused him to be declared commissionable only.
Chris tried his senior year to get into Combat Control, one of the special forces branches of the Air Force, but again, he fell short, his blood work causing medical professionals to declare him not medically qualified for the training. As a result, Chris decided upon Security Forces as he career field and to work with specialists at both Kessler and Brooks Air Force Base to get to the bottom of the anomalies in his physiology. Chris's second assignment found himself stationed in Japan, which was a dream come true as Chris was always fascinated with the culture, and thought this was his chance to train with masters of martial arts and melee weapons that has always held his interest. It was during this training that Chris met Kia.
Kia was a student of Master Yoshida, and the two would find themselves paired up against one another during training, their skills very similar to one another. This of course led to a relationship outside the dojo, and soon Kia and Chris were dating. It was one of their dates that would change Chris forever. Kia had taken Chris to one of her family's ancient holdings deep within the center of Japan. There they took the week and camped and explored every single room and cave the ruins had to offer. In one chamber, they came across an old amulet. Chris tried to give it to Kia, but she insisted that it was meant for a samurai, one of the house retainers and body guard, and she felt that it matched Chris more than her.
After a week of wearing this amulet, Chris began to have dreams, premonitions, and changes. He had a deep sense that Kia was in danger. Chris tried to share this with her, but she at first laughed it off, then she began to get angry when Chris kept insisting. She broke off their relationship after that, and no more than a day after that, she was kidnapped by a faction of Yakuza. They wanted to use her as leverage to get their legitimate company award government contracts Kia's father held.
During this time, Chris tried to get time off from his duties to look for her, but his requests were denied, a large inspection coming up and they needed him on base. He still could not shake off the feeling, and that night was the night the dreams became clear and vivid. The amulet that he had taken was of an ancient and mystical origin, that Chris had bonded with the spirit of Tenpesuto, Tempest, the Storm Samurai, the old protector of Clan Akada. The spirit opened Chris mind and showed him the power that was now at his fingertips.
Chris used this new found power of the Tenpesuto to track down Kia. There he fought against the Yakuza, killing some, maiming others. He rescued Kia, but at great cost. She now feared him, and wanted nothing to Chris anymore. Because she was the heir to Clam Akada, her dismissal broke the gaes on the amulet. The spirit was gone, but the power and the abilities of Tempest still belonged to Chris. He was free to make his own choices. His actions to date had some serious consequences, and spelled the end of his career in the Air Force. Chris waited till the end of his tour and his commitment, and then moved back stateside, looking to put his new abilities to use and to find a new balance his life needed..
BASIC INFO:Legal Name:
Hasim al GhulCodename/Nickname/Aliases:
The Hunter, Hal Steele (Legally Changed)Age:
Looks early thirties, in reality 85Gender:
Majority Share Holder and Chairman, Steele Enterprises, a global aeronautics and aviation company (based on Rockwell Collins)
ADDITIONAL INFO:Residence, neighborhood/type of home:
Currently the Gotham Hyat, PenthouseEducation (scholastic):
Bachelor of Science in both Electrical and Software Engineering, MBA Training (martial arts and otherwise):
Trained by League of Assassins by his father Ra al Ghul, his sister Talia al Ghul, and the Lady ShivaWealth Level:
8Place of Birth:
Arabic Citizenship and other legal info:
Dual-citizen of Qurac and Great Britain, Naturalized citizen of United States
OTHER INFORMATION:Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual but not homophobicOns/Offs:
Body fluids, vore, bestiality, needless sadism, permanent disfigurement or injury
Extremely fit male that exercises rigorously several times a day and has been described as having the lean and powerful physique of a swimmer of Olympic athlete caliber. Hal has short cropped hair on the sides that is of a U.S. military forces style, save the widows peak instead of cut short on top. His eyes are a bit out of place with his youthful appearance and they have the weight and look of a man that has endured far much more than his age would account.Height:
175 lbsHair color:
Dark brown with a shading of grey at the sidesEye color:
Professional in his civilian attire and his business suits at time conceal how athletic and fit Hal is. As the Hunter, his form is a bit more on display and he cuts a dark and intimidating figure, like the harbinger of dark retribution Faceclaim:
- Martial Arts - Extremely skilled in mixed martial arts style taught by the League of Assassins and can win near half of sparring matches against his elder sister, Talia, and three out of ten falls against the Lady Shiva
- Marksman - Extremely skilled marksman with archaic style, handguns, and non-automatic rifles. Only his sister and Lady Shiva are equal or beyond his skill
- Swordsmanship - Extremely skilled with swords of the medium blade with two handed grip style such as the middle eastern scimitar to the Japanese katana. Again in his vast experience, only his sister and Lady Shiva are equal or beyond his skill
- Stealth - Extremely accomplished in stealth and not being detected
- Network - Hal still has a list of contacts both in the legitimate business and the professional word as well in the criminal and underworld from his time with the League of Assassins that he can call upon to discover information, or use to get specialized equipment if an operation calls for it
- Wealth - Three life times has allowed Hal to avast a wealth base that is significant beyond that of his current position as Chairman of the Board to Steele Enterprises that makes him among the top 100 wealthiest men currently in the world
- Incredible Physical Conditioning - A side effect of his uses of the Lazarus Pit, Hal is at the peak of male human physical conditioning as far as strength and endurance
- Incredible Reflexes - Again a side effect of his exposure to the Lazarus Pit, Hal's reflexes border on the superhuman and are a part of how he as skilled as he is with hand to hand combat and his weapon skills
- Charisma - Hal has an aura of leadership and charisma about him that is almost like a physical entity when in his presence. It is what has enabled Hal to be successful as he is in his personal life and he has the skill to be able to motivate people, even if they do not completely agree with the goals and direction he is proposing
- Scimitar - Titanium forged scimitar with a grip for one handed or two handed use
- Compact Hand Crossbow - Customized designed, effective range of two hundred and fifty yards, maximum range of three hundred and fifty yards with a degree of inaccuracy. Titanium bladed bolts that hit with more kinetic force of standard side arm up the effective range, kinetic force starts to significantly dissipate after 250 yards unless assisted (such as firing down from higher vantage point)
- Contact Poison - Can he applied to scimitar edge or to crossbow bolt blades, poison is a highly potent anesthetic agent that can lower body functions to the point of unconsciousness in an average adult for about ninety minutes. Poison efficiency and potency decreases the longer it is exposed to an oxygen type environment so it becomes ineffective after about thirty minutes of exposure to normal air, less the more oxygen rich the air quality is. Hitting a average adult with more than three applications within a twenty minute window risks inducing a cardiac event in the target
- Infiltration Kit - Compact kit with lock picks, specialized smart phone with encryption cracking software, glass cutter, compact spray gun with ten, 8 ounce compressed liquid canisters, five liquid hydrogen, five acid
Born Hasim al Ghoul, younger brother to Talia and Nyssa was born in the capital city of Qurac in 1941. Hasim did not know who his mother was, as soon as he was born he was whisked away by his father, Ra's al Ghul. First raised in Nanda Parbat by tutors and caretakers, and once he reached his fifteenth birthday, Hasim was taken to the League of Assassins city of 'Eth Alth'eban as one of them. As the expected heir of the "Demon", more was expected from Hasim, and such is training was far more intense than that of the standard league member. By the age of twenty-five, Hasim was leading missions across the globe. This continued till Hasim was fifty-three when his father first introduced Hasim to the Lazarus Pit.
The pit changed Hasim, in a way that he knew was wrong and twisted. No longer believing that he was a righteous agent of death, Hasim was taking risks and willing to allow innocents to perish during operations, considering the loss of life for the "greater good" and "acceptable losses". It was from one of these incidents that spawned an enemy for Hasim, one that spent the eight years tracking Hasim down. When confronted with the daughter of the innocent bystander Hasim killed, he froze, coming face to face with the blood lust and the loss of humanity in him. This allowed the woman, Leeva Charff, to mortally wound Hasim. His sister, Nyssa, was present and able to retrieve Hasim and once more he was taken to the Lazarus Pit.
After this exposure to the Lazarus Pit, Hasim left the League of Assassins, unwilling to put himself in a position where he would take another innocent's life and be the cause of ruin for another such as Leeva Charff. His father allowed him to leave, certain that in the end his need for combat, for the life as a member of the League, his duty to his family, would bring him back. Also Ra's al Ghul had two capable heirs in Talia and Nyssa, so the need for another heir, even if he was a male, was not nearly as important as it had been back in 1941. Hasim used his dual citizenship to re-establish himself in London. There he changed his name legally to Hal Steele.
For the several years, Hal mainly focused himself on his personal life, attending university first at Edinburgh where he completed his dual major of computer software and electrical engineer, and then after that he attended Oxford for his masters in business administration. By this time Hal had a significant wealth of his own and he used it to purchase an avionics business that was on the verge of failing. Renaming it Steele Enterprises, and with his direction, Hal took the company on the verge of failing to one of the more successful avionics companies in the globe. For the last six years Hal has been establishing a presence of Steele Enterprises in the United States, and this last year became a naturalized citizen.
However hard he tried though, Hal could not escape the effects of the Lazarus Pit. Older though and far more prepared than he was before, Hal was now able to channel his need for blood into something else. Created the vigilante persona of the Hunter, Hal would prowl the night about the greater cities of Great Britain and western European bringing justice to the unworthy, fighting crime in his own unique way. Those criminals that he considered redeemable would live, those that he did not, he would kill, and thus put the blood lust at bay.
Hal had known of the Batman, even if he never crossed path with him, and had admired his crusade, so similar to his own, and while they might not have shared the same vision, the Batman had Hal's respect. As such the confirmation of his death hit Hal hard. So much so that Hal started the process of relocating the United States headquarters of Steele Enterprises to Gotham. The process had only begun, and there was many more steps and processes before it could be complete. For the time being other than few storage locations in Gotham, Hal is currently living out of the Hyat penthouse suite. He is taking his time in finding a residence that would not only suit his professional needs, but also that of his vigilante operations for the Hunter has come to Gotham to take up the crusade of the Bat, a much worthier goal and ideal for Hal to aspire to than the legacy that his father had been offering him.
Hal is a charismatic business professional, and when he is in a room people pay attention to him. He has an easy charm about him, and a slight sense of humor that allows him to connect with people. As the Hunter, Hal is normal silent, aloof, driven to the goal he has in mind for the operation at hand. There are times where he becomes fiercely passionate, to the point well beyond many people's comfort. That is normally when the blood lust has a hold of him.
- Blood Lust - A side effect of repeated exposure to the Lazarus Pit. It has changed Hasim from an honorable person believing in a righteous cause, to in the past a ruthless warrior that will do anything for victory. It is a struggle for Hal at times to keep hos blood lust in check, especially with criminals. Petty criminals Hal is normally able to keep a reign on this blood lust, but anyone that has harmed an innocent, and any meta human criminal, Hal will not hold back and will employ lethal methods to take them down
- Dominat Role - Another side effect of the blood lust, Hal is not incapable of normal or vanilla sex. When he is having sexual relations with a female he must take a dominat role. He prefers to have his sexual partners submissive, or a woman he could tame to be a submissive, and it is almost a need to have his sexual partner experience both sexual pain and pleasure in their encounter. He is not above paying a woman to fill this role if the need in him is great, something of a risk for a man of his professional status
Concept is a slight gender bend of the Huntress and combining that basic concept with the idea that Ra's al Ghul had a son that rejected being his heir and breaking out on his own. I think it is a concept that has more than a few role play potential. I purposefully made it so his appearance in Gotham is a very recent thing to easily insert him into the game.