The Doctor needs a new assistant

Started by BlueEyedBard, August 08, 2016, 03:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueEyedBard

Hey there, and welcome to my request thread!

I have done several Dr. Who stories in the past and they are always some of my favorites. But sadly, for one reason or another they always seem to go dark after a while. Tragic, I know. But they are always so much fun that I just can't keep myself away.

Now if you are like me you have watched all the episodes of Dr. Who and loved every minute of it but still found yourself wishing that things would take that next dirty step in the TARDIS, that those aliens wanted something of a more intimate nature from their lovely prisoner, that some of that crazy technology would would cause some kind of nasty body modification that leaves you thinking of only one thing... or something along those lines. Well thank goodness we have E, because we can make those more naughty story lines come to life!

I like to do this game in episodic form starting with a new regeneration of the Doctor who finds a new assistant during whatever brings him to that particular place and time, probably something that would destroy the world, alter the time line, ect, ect...
I always create my own personal new regeneration of the Doctor, call him the 14th or 15th, doesn't really matter. And I prefer that whomever my partner is for this game create their own original assistant rather than using one of the cannons. If you feel really strongly about playing one of them we can have the discussion but I'll be honest, it will be a hard sell.

After the first episode our pair take off on their adventure like they are wont to do and they head into space and time for the next. I already have several concepts for episodes, ones that have worked in the past but of course would play out differently based on the assistant, so I do not mind bringing them back. Also there is unending amount of room for discussion, reimagining, and creation of plots for episodes. I would also love for my partner to be willing to take control of a scene from time to time. Often it seems like I end up running the entire plot, which especially for the first episode or so can make sense because of the nature of discovery that the assistant finds themselves in, but that can be something that can be an ongoing discussion between us.
Also because of the nature of the Doctor I do not require that your assistant character be the typical modern-day British woman. Really the Doctor's assistant can be from any time period, any planet even, I have no problem playing opposite an alien of some sort. I do ask that they be female or at least feminine by whatever alien species standard you would choose. There is lots of room for creativity and I welcome all discussions!

On the more technical level I will say: I am a pretty frequent poster, I usually am good for posting three to four days a week, some of those days I can manage to post more than once in a day. But I can be known to post every day of the week, time willing. I generally post three to five plus paragraphs at a time, three is a very low end for me but it is all dependent on what I get from my partner, so if I am given a lot I will certainly give a lot back. I also ask that if you have to be gone for an extended period or can't think of anything you be willing to communicate that with me, I am very open and easy to talk to. Also if you just are not feeling the game I ask that you just let me know, I understand it happens and it will be a lot easier for everyone if you just let me know that.

Well that's all the business I can think of. If there is anything else please feel free to send me a PM, I love getting them, and we can discuss it. Thanks for dropping in and I hope to write with you soon!
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

Another thing I have been interested in concerning this sane idea  is if there is anyone else feeling cheated that the Doctor has never regenerated as a female, then I would be willing to play a male or female doctor's assistant opposite your female Doctor.

A little different I know, but I am open to discussing the possibilities of what this story could be like. Just throwing that out there to any interested parties.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

ThinGirl00

I would happily play your assistant!

GaGa88

Hmm, sounds like something I'd really love!
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.