News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sins of the Seven Seas [KIDNAPPED BY PIRATES!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 07, 2016, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

So, I do have a question for everyone; was anyone else PMing with Remi this whole time? Did he tell you his lookout role as well?

If so, who did Remi claim to have scried and cleared the first night to you?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Rel Mayer

I was chatting with Remi about the game in jest, but never seriously. The first time he mentioned the Lookout role was the post he created in the thread. Never once did he ever come to me stating he was the Lookout or anything other than a basic vacationer.

Valerian

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on August 24, 2016, 01:40:52 PM
So, I do have a question for everyone; was anyone else PMing with Remi this whole time? Did he tell you his lookout role as well?

Remi never PMs me in these games because he knows I won't believe him.   :'(
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on August 24, 2016, 01:40:52 PM

He had PMed me a couple of times though he never came out to me about being the lookout.  He professed his suspicions of James, and I think I fell for the same trick as you Guy.  Remi and I are friends, so...I believed him.

Galactic Druid

Yeah, I hear ya, Ryven. Remi claimed to have "cleared" Rel night one, which brings up the question;

Was he being serious about her not being a pirate to try and get some credibility, was he trying to set her up to take the fall with him when he got caught, or was he tying to hide a teammate?

Honestly, throwing a team member under the bus isn't really his style unless absolutely necessary, and that early, it wasn't, so I feel safe-ish about Rel.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Rel Mayer

I hate my name popping up this early in the game. Safe or un-safe. It puts a huge target on my back.

JUST SAYING RPGUY! Don't sign my death certificate just yet!

Ryven

yugi006

You guys should have listened to the Inspector about Remiel.

Verasaille

Well before you cast too much shade on me Reggie, I will come out and say Remi PM'd me and claimed the Lookout role and fingered JM. When I saw how many were voting for Remi, I thought it was unfair that he always gets the heat. The roles are supposed to be random!

So lay it down to a soft heart, I was thinking about changing votes, but that often leads to even more suspicion. And yes you are darn right in cussing at Remi, he fooled enough people to stay alive. I had already determined if the results showed James as the Lookout, I would vote Remi out next round.

Remi also fingered Blythe, and Kiric as well as James. So I am inclined to think they are innocent or a special role right now. If there is anyone I do not trust right now it is those who voted for James because Remi told them to. You know who you are. If you are not a pirate, speak up now. We need to stick together to get the rest of them!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Ryven

Quote from: yugi006 on August 24, 2016, 02:38:43 PM
You guys should have listened to the Inspector about Remiel.

That's easy to say after the fact, but when we're told he's not always right, what are we to think?

yugi006

Quote from: Ryven on August 24, 2016, 03:23:07 PM
That's easy to say after the fact, but when we're told he's not always right, what are we to think?

True but when you have someone causing trouble he should be looked at and scrutinized further.

Valerian

Quote from: Verasaille on August 24, 2016, 03:18:06 PM
Well before you cast too much shade on me Reggie, I will come out and say Remi PM'd me and claimed the Lookout role and fingered JM. When I saw how many were voting for Remi, I thought it was unfair that he always gets the heat. The roles are supposed to be random!

So lay it down to a soft heart, I was thinking about changing votes, but that often leads to even more suspicion. And yes you are darn right in cussing at Remi, he fooled enough people to stay alive. I had already determined if the results showed James as the Lookout, I would vote Remi out next round.

Remi also fingered Blythe, and Kiric as well as James. So I am inclined to think they are innocent or a special role right now. If there is anyone I do not trust right now it is those who voted for James because Remi told them to. You know who you are. If you are not a pirate, speak up now. We need to stick together to get the rest of them!
Just wanting to not vote against Remiel didn't mean you had to vote against JM, though -- who also often takes a lot of the heat in these games, in fact.  If it was really a soft heart that swayed your vote, why not vote for someone else entirely and not be responsible for getting anyone voted out?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Quote from: Ryven on August 24, 2016, 01:20:19 PM
I think you just proved the rule right.  The reshuffle was fate.

Hey, whether I'm a good guy or a bad one, at least I always keep it entertaining.

Ryven

Quote from: yugi006 on August 24, 2016, 03:26:56 PM
True but when you have someone causing trouble he should be looked at and scrutinized further.

How exactly was Remi causing trouble until now?  We literally just found out he was a pirate. 

persephone325

Remi also PM'd me with information that James was a pirate.

To me, making Remi a pirate was way too obvious. So, I didn't think too hard about him trying to deceive me.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Saffron on August 21, 2016, 12:13:08 PM
For clarification, anything quoted directly to a player came from them. What was quoted by sunshine in the inspector post is what sunshine chose for her note. That was not the inspector speaking, it was a note directly from Sunshine.
So again quotes to players, are directly to them. They have nothing to do with the Inspector.

As of yet, the Inspector has not given any clues of his own to be taken as a truth or a lie. He's only provided role information and passed along exactly what the players have left for him to.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Valerian

Quote from: persephone325 on August 24, 2016, 03:39:05 PM
Remi also PM'd me with information that James was a pirate.

To me, making Remi a pirate was way too obvious. So, I didn't think too hard about him trying to deceive me.
The roles are assigned randomly, though.  Only Fate made Remiel a pirate.  ::)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

persephone325

Quote from: Valerian on August 24, 2016, 03:44:24 PM
The roles are assigned randomly, though.  Only Fate made Remiel a pirate.  ::)

I know. But still. Making him a pirate is way too obvious in my opinion. Randomly, or hand picked.

I guess I'm just naive.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Autumn Sativus

Lol it's a double blind hat draw.

* Saffron shoves all this into OOC.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

By the time the group had gathered in the dining room, the only person to be noticed missing was Remiel. The Inspector informed the group that he had been arrested on suspect of being responsible for the kidnappings. The Inspector would begin to search for evidence after offering what the Lookout did have to say, for now.

Quote from: James MoriartyJames shook his head sadly, mostly at Pirates it would seem.  "I'm taking all the candy with me!" he said defiantly around a mouth full of Laffy Taffy and hoarding an armful of assorted bite-sized morsels.  "I would say, hmm, ThatRPGuy made a play to seem more innocent at the end, but never changed his vote despite having cited some excellent reasons to believe me.  So I will say that he and Myobi are my biggest suspicions beyond whom I scried!"

"Well... it has been a day." Lady Saffron arrived as dinner was beginning to trickle out from the kitchen. "A suspect in custody and an unfortunate few lost... I've searched the ship from top to bottom and I can't find Mynxish. We can only assume that she must have been kidnapped as well? We know she arrived on board but she hasn't been seen since then. The Inspector will get more information for us later."

The Hostess let the guests settle before opening the floor. "I don't believe these acts could have been committed by one person acting alone and the Inspector agrees from the evidence that there are at least four responsible parties, if not more. Let's try to draw out these troublemakers before they ruin our fun. Who do you suspect responsible, friends?"
Us against the world

yugi006

Quote from: Ryven on August 24, 2016, 03:34:52 PM
How exactly was Remi causing trouble until now?  We literally just found out he was a pirate.

I meant with this previous round of voting.

Rel Mayer

Blythe

Blythe stares in shock at how things have unfolded. "Well, that was...exciting. And worrisome. My vote is for ThatRPGuy since Remiel seems to be missing--I bet the Security Officer must have gotten Remiel in the night, having seen a clear target. Clearly JM thought Guy was guilty, and I feel the his current history is suggestive of his guilt. ThatRPGuy, if I'm wrong, then maaaan, you really messed up by forcing that early tiebreaker and then siding with Remiel."

Ryven

Quote from: yugi006 on August 24, 2016, 04:02:07 PM
I meant with this previous round of voting.

Remiel made literally 3 posts which is far less than a lot of other people, and he voted for JM which is consistent with this round.  Again, how exactly is that causing trouble?  Unless asking pretty girls to rub suntan lotion on you is 'causing trouble.'

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 24, 2016, 04:05:18 PM
Remiel

Need I say more?

You...can't vote for him.  He's not here.

Rel Mayer