As discussed with the Boss, here is my character sheet!
Please let me know if anything needs changing or is otherwise incorrect!
(I apologise in advance if I wrote too much)
Solaire of Astora
Level 1Current Occupation:
Knight of the Sunlight CovenantHome World Information:
Prologue: In the Age of Ancients the world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of grey crags, arch-trees and everlasting dragons. Then there was Fire, and with Fire came Disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course... Light and Dark.
From the Dark they came and found the Souls of Lords within the flame. Nito, the First of the Dead; The Witch of Izalith and her daughters of Chaos; Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, with his faithful knights; And the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten.
With the Strength of Lords, they challenged the dragons. Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales. The witches weaved great firestorms. Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease. Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own and the dragons were no more. Thus began the Age of Fire.
But eventually, over the span of hundreds - perhaps thousands - of years, the flames faded and only Dark remained. Even now, man sees not light, but only endless nights. Amongst the living are seen carriers of the accursed Darksign, humans who will eventually die and become Undead...Appearance/Style Description:
Solaire stands at around six and a half feet tall, and often stretches to his full height as his posture is often very rigid and straight. As a Knight of the Sun, it is expected for Solaire to be dressed in Armour. He often wears a silver helmet with a red plume, silver bracers and greaves, and wears a tunic that is decorated with the emblem of the Sun. Beneath all this, he wears full chainmail over his upper body and legs. Hanging from his belts are several pouches and a Sunlight Talisman - which is rumoured to be the thing he draws upon for his faith miracles. Without his helmet and armour, Solaire has shoulder length blonde hair that is often swept back into a ponytail, very bright green eyes, and seems to remain a little unshaven from time to time. His body type is muscled, yet is rather soft around the stomach area, probably due to the fact his upper body and legs do most of the work in his fighting style. Being that he is from a medieval-style world, he has yet to acquire any modern day clothes, but would probably be willing to do so if taught what it is he should be looking for.Sexuality
: Bisexual Personality:
Solaire is an optimist who tends to see the world as a bright place with an opportunity for fighting alongside others. A man who believes in cheerful greeting. He can be prone to being somewhat naive at times, often seeing things as black and white, when in perspective they often aren’t. Given that he is Undead, he is often worn out by his cycle of repeated death, but he does try to keep a positive air about himself when in company. Only those he trusts can see what he inwardly struggles with. When the Sun is not shining, he can slip into a dark mood, sometimes doubting himself or his goals. Most people would only see his lighter side. Solaire has great faith in both himself and others, and can always try to see the best in people, but by no means is a fool. If one shows themselves to be capable of harming others, then they will see why Solaire is considered a Knight who holds all that is light dear to him.History:
Not much is known about Solaire of Astora. As is his namesake, he hails from the land known as Astora. Astora was once a refined land hinted to possess a highly advanced culture and society, recognized for its nobility. Notable were its high-ranking knights, royalty, and skilled craftsmen. However, how Solaire became Undead (or the events surrounding his imprisonment in the Undead Asylum) is unknown. Some speculate that he was one of the Knights of the God of War - The High King Gwyn’s Firstborn, whose presence was erased from history after losing (or destroying) various tomes, and his knight’s disbanded - whereas others suggest he was merely a foolish Knight chasing old rumours, but one thing was for certain: Solaire chose to accept the Darksign and become Undead.
He came to Lordran “seeking (his) own Sun” and met the legendary figure that was referred to as ‘the Chosen Undead’ there. After aiding the Chosen with their quest, and subsequently failing in his own. The sun that shone over the lands turned out to be an illusion, and once the caster was killed, the land was plunged in darkness. Solaire fell into a deep unconsolable sadness, unable to understand or comprehend why he was so far away from completing his personal mission or where the ‘true’ Sun was.
Deep in the darkness of Lost Izalith, far from the light he craved, Solaire of Astora met his end at the claws of a Sunlight Maggot. Normally, as long as adventurers are swift and protected, these insects are harmless, but this particular one, with gleaming red eyes, shone like the Sun and tempted the fated Knight into removing his helmet to take a closer look. Once it had entranced its victim, it attached itself to Solaire’s head, burrowing its tendrils into the Sun Follower’s brain, and forcing him to descend into madness.
Although he was not Hollowed (a state that means an Undead has lost all hope and humanity and become a soulless husk), he was driven insane and thus attacked the Chosen Undead upon being discovered. Naturally, given the skill of the Chosen Undead and the Maggot’s inability to control its pawn fully, he was slain, and his soul vanished into the cycle of rebirth for thousands of years...Current Situation:
Being one who contains the Darksign, Solaire has once again been reborn, free to carry on his Undead Mission. Because the Chosen Undead ended his life before he could go fully Hollow, he still retains his sanity, and only remembers a few details about his past life. He is unsure how he died, or what happened when he took his helmet off to gaze at an insect that glowed in the darkness, but he can occasionally catch glimpses of the Chosen Undead in his dreams, and knows that something must have occurred there. As it stands, having been freshly revived after hundreds and thousands of years have passed, he is somewhat oblivious to what has actually happened in Lordran since he last visited/spawned.
Perhaps he can find someone to explain matters further...maybe these so called “White Knights” who have somehow found him and summoned him can explain?Weapon: Sunlight Straight Sword:
This standard longsword, belonging to Solaire of Astora, is of high quality, is well-forged, and has been kept in good repair. Easy to use and dependable, but unlikely to live up to its grandiose name.Sunlight Shield:
Shield of Solaire of Astora, Knight of Sunlight. Decorated with a holy symbol, but Solaire illustrated it himself, and it has no divine powers of its own. As it turns out, Solaire's incredible prowess is a product of his own training, and nothing else.Sunlight Talisman:
Medium for casting miracles of the Gods. The talisman of Solaire of Astora, the Knight of Sunlight, is decorated with a holy symbol, illustrated by Solaire himself. This talisman is a projection of Solaire's upstanding, unwavering faith.Special Powers: Miracle - Great Heal:
As a man of Faith, Solaire can certainly use it to heal himself and others when needed. Great Heal restores a large amount of health, and can sew up severe wounds. (NOTE: However, if someone is deemed to have sustained fatal wounds, Solaire can only prolong their inevitable death until they find someone stronger.)Miracle - Sunlight Spear:
Solaire is capable of shooting a ray of pure Sunlight at his opponents, often in the form of a great spear or lance. This spear crackles with an almost electrical air, and can be hurled great distances by Solaire’s incredible strength alone. Reduced Lava Damage:
Solaire is in possession of an orange ring that allows him to walk through lava (or over lava) without suffering the effects for a long time. Although it does not protect him 100%, it certainly reduces what is often fatal damage.Strengths: “I am an adherent of the Lord of Sunlight”
- Solaire is an adherent of the Lord of Sunlight, and, as such, is blessed by an incredible grasp of Sunlight Magic. He uses this magic in combat alongside his sword and shield, and his Sunlight Spears are rumoured to be able to pierce the hides of dragons and destroy the festering skeletal hoardes (alas, that has not yet been proven).“I am Solaire of Astora”
- Solaire is a Knight, and as such is very skilled in combat. His training allows him to use his sword and shield to the best of his ability. As such, he is blessed with incredible stamina, and a very high constitution. Being a Knight of the Sun means that his faith is often unrivalled.“I didn’t find it in Anor Londo…”
- Solaire is well travelled, and as such has seen many an opponent. He has the knowledge of several monsters and their weaknesses, and can use this to compare his opponents to different things he has seen.“Shall we engage in jolly cooperation?”
- Generally, Solaire comes across as being very earnest and will never be antagonistic towards anyone on their first meeting. He is very open with them and will often try the path of friendliness before the path of battle.Weaknesses: “I will save you!”
- Solaire will often throw himself into the fray, making sure to get in front of anyone else with him. This often leads to him being the first to get injured, and certainly the first one to be in battle. This is due to a foolish notion that others will certainly require his aid.“Perhaps we can be friends?”
- As a person, Solaire is not stupid, but is incredibly naive. If no one has shown any potential to be evil, Solaire will definitely regard them as a potential ally. “...was it all for nought?”
- When the Sun fails to shine, or Solaire fails time and time again at a task or mission, he becomes distraught, unable to have faith in himself any longer. He will become depressed, often taking even less care in battle than he usually does.“I...am...the Sun…”
- Solaire can easily be tempted by those who use similar magic to him, and has been rumoured to have been utterly destroyed in his past life by a rare type of bug that used the sunlight to lure him towards it...