Once Upon a Time... (in Pathfinder)

Started by Dormouse, August 03, 2016, 03:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dormouse

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a kingdom where everyone was prosperous and happy. Sickness and hunger were unknown, and parents tucked their children into bed at night without concerns or misgivings, knowing another bright, sunny day awaited them tomorrow. All were treated fairly and the king and queen were renowned for their generosity, kindness and wisdom.

But their rule was in peril, for a witch had secretly entered the court and risen through the ranks to become one of their most trusted advisors. On the eve of a grand ball commemorating the founding of the kingdom, the witch stole into the royal vault and seized the royal regalia, a scepter, crown and ring that held great power. With their aid, the witch placed a curse upon the realm that would change it forever.

Dark clouds gathered and lightning flashed; the earth trembled and cracked and walls and towers came crashing down. From the remains of the castle rose a keep of dark stone: Castle Grym. The witch was now a Witch Queen, and the once peaceful kingdom became a nightmarish realm where no one was happy or prosperous. For the Witch Queen's curse ensured that only she would have a happy ending. All other denizens of the realm would meet a tragic fate. The only exception was those who received the Witch Queen's mark, a brand that protected them from the curse.

It has been many years since those terrible events and the Witch Queen still rules uncontested. But there is a prophecy among the people, spoken of only in paranoid whispers, for the Witch Queen's spies are everywhere: That one day a hero will arise who will break the curse and defeat the Witch Queen forever.

The people are waiting.

I am looking for one or two players for a solo or duo Pathfinder game set in a world inspired by dark fairy tales. Characters should be based on a character from a fairy tale or myth. So while classic characters like Cinderella or Hansel and Gretel are great choices, you could also base your character on mythological or historical people like Robin Hood, King Arthur, Boudicca or Scheherazade.

If you want a duo game, you'll need to find a partner on your own. Trust me, you don't want me to play matchmaker, I'm horrible at it.

In a solo game, you may choose to have a NPC companion that will accompany you on your quest. Think of them as a companion from a Bioware game.

I don't like starting at level 1, but I also don't like high level games. So let's say the starting level is something like 3-5? The other details you'll need are:

Abilities: 20 point buy
Races: core races preferred, medium size races preferred
Classes: Core, base, and hybrid

The setting is a work in progress and I plan on customizing it according to your character's background and story. The most important landmarks are Castle Grym and Grymoire, the capitol city that surrounds the castle. In addition there are scattered villages and towns, where your story will most likely begin, as well as locations such as the Dark Wood, the Enchanted Forest, the Noxious Fen and the Solitary Keep.

Sexual content can range from light to NC. I prefer if it isn't the focus of the story, but that's negotiable. I can write for any gender, any sexuality against any gender and any sexuality. I don't mind if you are playing a gender or sexuality different from your own. Things I don't want included are: bestiality, monsters, anything that belongs in a toilet.

To start, please tell me about your character. What fairy tale/myth they are from, what they're like, and a little about their history and background. And if you could tell me a little about yourself as a player: what you are looking for in a game, where you would like to see the game go, and anything else you think I should know.

I feel like I'm missing something but I don't know what it is, so I'm just going to say, please ask if you have any questions. Thank you for reading! I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland