You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 24, 2016, 08:35:05 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 769 times)

Offline ZeitgeistTopic starter

« on: December 07, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »
You know, I sought out Elliquiy because I was looking for an adult story/role-play message board. Nevertheless as I browse all that is available here I was drawn to this particular forum as I am interested and keep up on news/politics.

I find myself tempted to reply or create new posts herein, but I hesitate. One I am not yet an 'approved' member and two I suspect I would be opposed to some, perhaps many beliefs held here.

Now I'm sure the prevailing thought is that freedom of speech is treasured here, as it is everywhere else. Presuming of course it is expressed in a respectful and thoughtful manner. Yet I still hesitate, due largely from experience.

Yes, I think I will do my best to steer clear of this forum, and if I need to get something off my chest post it elsewhere, in a more appropriate venue.

Offline Greenthorn

Re: Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »
Hi Zam!

You can participate in any of the public boards, but especially for this one...I suggest you read through THIS first ;D

Everyone is allowed their opinion on every subject posted as long as it is kept civil.

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »
Religion and politics can be tricky things to debate, because they tend to hold such importance for the individual. It can be all too easy to see a difference of oppinion as a personal attack, especially when all you have to go on is text, which strips away a lot of the clues that individuals use to interpret communications.

I'm not saying its impossible to do so .. you just have to be that bit more carefull in how you word things before you hit that post key.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:13:38 PM »
For what it's worth, the 'Green Revolution' thread (which is over on the News forum, but has been rather - lively) was started by someone still in the approval process.  The Logical Fallacies article is excellent, as GT suggested, and especially once you get into anything that can have knee-jerk reactions. 

Edit:  Correction, in the Elliquiy U forum.  News got redistributed.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:16:48 PM by Oniya »