Amilya Morgan (The Ninth)Player ID:
"Civilian Doctor" Height:
Toned, but not athleticModifications:
Minor Biogenetic enhancements:
1) Nanotech: Inserted to combat Amilya's rare blood disorder, also has minor capabilities of healing others
2) Reptile DNA: Amilya has minor recuperative ability from the reptile DNA spliced into her, it also limits the amount of body hair she generates and makes her skin and blood cold.
3) Memory Enhancement: to help her retain all her medical training
4) Designer Metabolism: to help combat her sweet tooth and emotional eating
5) Pheromone generation: to help comfort the sick and injuredDistinguishing marks:
1) Tattoo on Hip & Thigh
2) QR Code
: Back of Neck at the hairline and normally completely covered by Amilya's hair.
Blood Type: O Rh D negative blood
Serial Number: 009
Creation Date: 20950613)
1) MD in Physical Fitness
2) MD in Psychology
3) MD in Trauma
4) licensed Emergency Trauma doctor
5) Was the owner/operator of her own general practice in Sydney
6) Multi Linguist, being raised in Norway and Germany Amilya speaks Norwegian, German and English. Weaknesses:
1) Anxious: Amilya often agonizes over the decisions she makes as the sole doctor of this ship.
2) Work-a-holic: Amilya spends much of her days when not with a patient or patients reviewing her files to make sure she didn't miss a critical piece of history and to learn as much as she can medically
3) Overly Critical: Amilya does not book failure in her clinic and she won't stop until a person's life is saved. Be they a clone or the captain.
4) Short: for someone with genetic enhancements it's often a joke that the good doctor has to stand on a chair to get some of her medical supplies
5) Kind Hearted: Amilya cares about those who come to her for help and she's not the most impartial of judges sometimes. She's always doing what she thinks is best for her patient however.
6) Cold Blooded: Amilya's Reptile DNA that's been spliced into her offers a few unique qualities, one of which is she gets cold and lethargic easily. She's known to be a good cuddler because she loves the warmth of others. Her quarters are humid and hot. The medical bay is as cold as she can make it for medical reasons, but still be awake for. Amilya outside of her quarters dresses in layers.Likes:
1) Singing: as a young girl Amilya had hopes of being an opera singer
2) Swimming: Amilya is like a fish and spends all her workout time swimming to keep in shape, or perhaps it's part of her reptilian DNA.
3) Chocolate: Being that her father was from Switzerland he instilled in her a love of gourmet chocolate. Amilya only eats the finest chocolate and is known to have several stashes hidden around the ship, woe be to the person who takes her dark chocolate.
4) Reading: Amilya when she has time is a voracious reader and will devour a book in a few days.
5) Travel: Amilya grew up in Europe and always had excuses to see the countryside and loves to see what's out there.
6) Painting: Amilya has several works in her quarters that she's been working on for years, while she's not the best painter she likes to paint when the mood strikes her.
7) Cuddling: Amilya is a cuddler and won't turn down hugs if she's not working. Partly from the warmth but also because she just likes to snuggle up to someone.Dislikes:
1) Being teased: Amilya was a short child and spent much of her time studying to avoid being bullied. She hates to be reminded of her short comings
2) Bullies: Amilya does not get along with strong authority figures, they always make her think of bullies and she's likely to clash with them
3) Secrecy: Amilya hates keeping secrets from others. She believes everyone she treats should know the facts so they can make an informed decision.
4) Lying: Amilya hates to lie to others, all the worse because as a doctor she's had to lie to a small child about their chances of recovery all while easing their suffering.
5) Rereading: Because of her enhanced memory Amilya gets bored/tired of reading the same books over and over again.
6) Meat: Amilya for some reason hasn't been able to tolerate the taste of red meat for years, when her Reptilian DNA was changed to a herbivores her dietary tastes changed. She will eat meat as a last ditch effort but she'll eat literally anything else first.Personality:
Amilya is a kind hearted individual and she genuinely cares for everyone she works with and treats. As a kind hearted doctor it is necessary for her to become clinically cold and detached and when she does that she has to seek solace in food, specifically chocolate, to make her feel better. While she has no love of authority, as a doctor she understands the chain of command and respects firm but polite leaders.History:
Amilya doesn't normally talk about her childhood, and it's for good reason. While she has many cousins and uncles and aunts she has no siblings, no parents and no grandparents living.
Amilya's mother was a Norwegian woman who worked with the government as an Ambassador to other nations. It was on a particularly sunny day in Berlin when Anette Bolstad met Dietrich Morgan, a successful swiss banker who happened to live in Stuttgart. The two had a whirlwind romance and were soon married. Annette and Dietrich loved each other very much but genetically they weren't compatible to have children. Their first child was still born, a young boy they were going to name Emil. The doctors researched the child who had been still born, a rarity in Germany of 2065. Dietrich and Annette were hopeful that the doctor's could discover what was wrong.
They were contacted by the university that had been researching their case and explained that the parents had rare genetic anomalies that did not mix with each other. The doctor stressed that they should run further tests on the two and see if they could isolate what was interacting with each other in a detrimental manner. They continued to research and thought they had a solution a few years later. In 2068 their second child was born. A sickly boy they joyously named Heinrich. Heinrich however only lived a few months and soon passed away. Distraught Annette withdrew from working with the Norwegian government and visited her family. Her older sister suggested that Annette should try a doctor in Australia who was doing amazing things with genetics and nano-cellular technology. Annette booked a flight and a week later Dietrich joined her. They met the doctor and he explained that the procedure he was working on wasn't tested but if he could take one of egg and one sperm he could introduce into them DNA to help it combat the blood disease the doctor's had discovered from their genes. They both agreed and provided the samples the doctor needed. He implanted the fertilized enhanced egg into Annette. Nine months later Amilya was born in the summer of 2071, sickly and weak, but she was alive. Dr. Nguyen moved into the resident of the Morgan's and became the family doctor.
It was touch and go for the first year but Amilya slowly started to fight the blood disease she'd been born with in thanks to her slightly altered DNA and the heaping dose of nanotech she'd been injected with. The Nanotech specifically worked just like her white blood cells and would fight the rogue cells. Eventually Amilya's body was able to make its own white blood cells and the nanotech simply stayed in her system. By Amilya's fifth year she was just as happy as any normal child. If a little on the petite side.
She was entered into primary school and she was teased constantly for her bookish nature and her short stature. Amilya hated being constantly teased and so she soon learned to hide away in the library or elsewhere. Her general lack of activity led her to put on extra weight. And when she was being teased at school or after school Amilya would turn to sweets to make her feel better. This probably would have continued had Dr. Nguyen not admitted that when he was a young boy he had been born with a hearing problem that made speech difficult for him. He admitted that as a child he had a terrible stutter and his classmates had named him Porky after the looney tunes character. He'd been mad enough that he spent hours practicing singing and speeches, overcoming his stuttering.
Amilya now at the early ages of adolescence was slowly starting to blossom into a cute young girl. With Dr. Nguyen's help, and the advancements in medical advances Amilya's metabolism was sped up, in actuality, Dr. Nguyen adjusted her reptilian DNA to be more like a herbivore's diet and their quicker metabolism over the carnivorous DNA that had been originally used. Something he would not have been able to do in without the advances in the last few years. Amilya also became a local fixture at the local indoor heated pools. For swimming gave her the shape and confidence she wanted.
By the time Amilya was entering her sixteenth year she was happy with herself and her looks. Her parents had been away on a trip and had decided to take an extra day observing an island in the south pacific. Amilya was to join them in a few days when she got out on winter break. In the mean time the volcano on Antipodes Island had a massive eruption which triggered tidal waves to all the surrounding islands. Volcanologist's were expecting an eruption on the uninhabited islands but no one had expected an earthquake to trigger such a massive explosion. The devastation was most extreme within one hundred miles of the island, the supposed safe zone to watch the eruption. Amilya found out about the death of her parents during her biology final.
All the fortunes and business ventures that her parents had been involved in were held in a trust for her and handled by her aunts and uncles to manage until she was of sufficient age. Amilya took the loss of her parents hard but that was to be expected of any young girl. She sank into a depression and finished school, but she returned to the solace of food. Dr. Nguyen helped to guide and council her in her time of grief and at some point he got through to the young teen. With a resolute sniffle she decided to dedicate herself to helping others and making her parent's her motivation for improving other's lives.
Amilya graduated from her school with high marks and was already setting her sights on the most prestigious medical college in the world. Harvard University. With her grades, work ethics and money from her parents Amilya wanted for nothing. To her she didn't care about that. She donated a vast portion of the wealth she'd been given to various medical charities to help others and the rest she applied to her living and school expenses.
It wasn't all studies for the earnest young woman. During a practically wild kegger Amilya woke up with a large and intricate tattoo on her thigh and hip. She blamed her roommate Martha. It wasn't all bad though because of the tattoo she caught the attention of the captain of the Diving team. The two had an off again on again fling throughout Amilya's college days, and even stayed close after he started sleeping with Martha. Amilya found she really couldn't get mad at them because Martha had an ass anyone would go for. Even the normally straight-laced medical student couldn't help but admire the other woman's ass. And she had once drunkenly felt up her roommate on a dare, and because she really wanted to slap that thing and see it jiggle.
While at Harvard Amilya did the unthinkable and worked towards three degrees and she graduated in the summer of 2091 when she was only 20 years old. It was unheard of for a student that young to graduate with high marks in one let alone three degrees. While she didn't earn the highest marks her achievement got her several residencies. She selected one in Sydney Australia because she wanted to continue her swimming and she loved the weather in Australia. Amilya was just settling into her routine of being a doctor when in 2095 things went from good to worse. When Amilya's parent's had passed there was little need for a family doctor who lived on the estate with Amilya, she regretfully dismissed the good doctor and her closest friend when she graduated college. Now denied any additional income for his years of service Dr. Nguyen's sold his research notes on his genetic improvements, citing Amilya as his greatest work, so that others could benefit from his advancements and he could get a lucrative private sector research job.
The resulting in depth investigation that went into Amilya's background ruined the promising doctor. It was revealed that unlike the other students she had a comparative advantage in that she had memory enhancement genetics built into her and her nanotech and reptilian DNA allowed her to not get sick, thereby maximizing her ability to work and get the best results out of her studies. And the little bit about her enhanced pheromones devastated her social life. That was the most devestating to the kind hearted Amilya who had been set to marry a member of the Australian's Sydney Football Club. She'd really loved the dreamy blue eyes and scruffy blondish hair of the striker but the man believed that he'd been lied to and rejected her because of the media attention of the pheromones. As if those could explain all the chances she'd been given.
In the grand sceheme of things it was terrible for the young doctor. Her liscense's were temporarly suspended and she was unable to practice medicine without a pending investigation. Then the Aliens descended on earth, slaughtering and maiming and injuring so many. Amilya was unable to provide medical services, she could provide insight into what she was seeing but the ruling didn't allow her to proceed into the surgery theater to help save lives. Distraught Amilya reached out to all of her medical contacts trying to get her liscense granted in lieu of the emergency. Her plight made it's way to a high ranking doctor in the US government and they saw no reason not to make use of Amilya's talents. They contacted the good doctor and told her that if she worked for them she'd be given back her liscense to practice medicine. Amilya agreed because without access to her clinic or ability to work in the emergency room she wasn't of assistance to the sick and the injured during the attacks.
She was escorted to Hawaii and instructed to what she was going to be done. At age 24 Amilya was cloned several times. Nine clones were deployed into the field, while the original was moved to a secure location where she could continue providing assistance and continuing her education to prove beneficial for any future medical necessities.
The military assigned a few nurses to the good doctor and sent her back to her home of Sydney to establish her own clinic, Amilya the Ninth, as she was lovingly/teasingly called by those military nurses that worked with her, was a hard task master when it came to treating the occasional soldiers sent to her clinic or any of the citizens that routinely came under her watch. Because of her hard work and dedication she was eventually selected for the mission into space. Though she wasn't really that thrilled to be going out into space she understood that for the greater good she would need to. She asked her nurses to tend to the clinic as best they could and asked someone to water her plants before she reported to the facility to be blasted off into space.Other Info:
Amilya is extremely ticklish on her feet and under her arms.Face Claim:
Fan Art of Overwatch's Angela Ziegler/MercyJan's Ons / Offs page