Alright, here's Aurora! Added a chunk to keep track of what they can do as a psychic person, will adjust if anything needs to be.
Non-Binary (singular they/them)Age: 18Trainer Class:
Psychic Treasure Hunter.Orientation:
- Staryu (Polaris): Polaris is Aurora’s first pokemon that they caught on the beach in Cherrygrove City. Without a face to read, it can be difficult to figure out what the pokemon is thinking or feeling. It has difficulty sitting still, so it jumps and spins constantly. When acting alone in battle, it uses Rapid Spin to hurl itself at the target.
- Natu (Watchett)♀: While on their journey to discover more of their powers, Aurora stopped by the Ruins of Alph, where the little bird popped from around a corner and they accidentally threw an empty pokeball trying to summon Polaris. The Natu was caught without a struggle. Aurora has a hard time connecting with Watchett, since she shows little emotion and has a habit of staring off into space. While her psychic power on the surface is weak, they’re starting to form a bond with her. She will walk alongside Aurora when given the chance, hopping enthusiastically when needing to move faster. She will furiously flap her wings to get enough momentum in battle.
- Litwick (Flicker)♂: The third member of their team came to join in Lavender Town, in the catacombs of pokemon remains watched by Mr Fuji. Flicker is the most emotive member of the team, much to Aurora’s relief. The little candle has a mischievous side that caused problems for mourners. He started playing pranks on the team, causing Aurora to put their foot down to get it to stop pranking them. As far as he’s concerned, strangers are fair game for pranking.
While they completely trust their pokemon team, Aurora has issues trusting their fellow humans due to their history at home. Once one has earned their trust, however, they’re the most of the most loyal comrades a person could ask for. Their powers sometimes flare up unexpectedly or when excited, this only adds to their natural clumsiness.Psychic Capabilities:
- Limited Telekinesis - Can lift objects within arm’s length of them that weigh less than five pounds. Enough to toss a pokeball, not good for much else.
- Pokemon Bonds - They are capable of forming bonds with Psychic, Dark, and Ghost pokemon to see what it sees and hears. Can’t issue commands through the link yet. Bonded with: Litwick (Flicker) 100%, Natu (Watchett) 50%
They were born to a loving couple in Cherrygrove City where they stayed until seventeen. They started developing their psychic powers around ten, though they have no clear memory exactly of such a moment. Their father was uncomfortable with a child psychic in the house, though still did the best he could as a father to his kid. The father’s irritation grew when they got Polaris, as the pokemon was always out of its ball and hyper. One day, their dad got upset with Staryu hopping around the house and demanded that Aurora put it back in the ball. They tried but it kept dodging the ball’s beam, making him angrier. He tried grabbing the pokemon to hold it still, when it retaliated with Rapid Spin. He was simply knocked down, but that was the last straw. After Aurora finally managed to confine the pokemon, they were told to get rid of it. Refusing, they simply left to get stronger as a psychic trainer.
A few days before the accident, they were fishing on the beach in town, as they always did to relax, also playing with their first pokeball they bought, hoping to put it to good use soon. However, that night there came a strong tug. They pulled back as hard as possible and out popped a Rapid Spinning Staryu which nearly hit them in the head. As they dodged the starfish pokemon, the ball was levitated into the air by Aurora’s powers, launching itself. It hit the Staryu, catching it. They were so surprised and proud.
After being evicted, and notifying their mother of the journey, they first headed for the Ruins of Alph. They were looking to find something to expand their power, give better understanding of it, or maybe a nifty trinket no one had found yet. Surprise seemed to be a common theme for catching pokemon, as a Natu popped out from around a ruin corner, catching the rookie off guard. In the slight panic of dealing with a new pokemon so suddenly, they accidentally threw an empty ball instead of summoning Polaris, catching her with far less resistance. While Wathett is always staring at something at random, she seemed to favor the north, to Ecruteak.
They decided to head that way, to appease the Natu, finding there was sometimes where they could feel closer to the little bird, but not the starfish. Thinking little of it at the time, they decided to test themself against Morty, though to a spectacular failure. Morty recognized the budding bond between them and Watchett, and recommended visiting Mr Fuji in Lavender Town as someone to consult about the bond between pokemon and trainer.
After making the transit to the Kanto region and working their way to Lavender Town, they found the man in question and heard about continuing problems that grieving trainers were encountering while visiting their beloved pokemon in the catacombs. Working alongside Mr Fuji, Aurora volunteered to help investigate, discovering a wild Litwick was pranking the mourners. In a true pokemon battle, the Litwick was defeated by Polaris and captured successfully. Flicker hadn’t given up its mischievous ways, though Aurora eventually got it to calm down a bit as they headed back to Johto for an update for mom.
However, on the way, they heard a radio message about Tokai getting its own league open. They never heard of such a place before, and with it opening up to other regions, there might be a chance to learn and grow! They got home and discussed the prospect with mom, who then took them to the pokemart to get them additional supplies for the journey, though not too much, as dad was still upset with them, despite the weeks of absence. With a motherly smile, she saw her little one heading off to a new world to either of them.
They headed to Vermillion City in Kanto for their boat to leave. The rest? Well, going to have to see, huh?Bag Contents:
Sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 6 Potions, 3 Revives, Pokemon food, a canister for water, some dried meats and fruits, a change of clothes, and a 20ft coil of rope.Ons/Offs: Mr L’s Yays, Nays, and Mays!