You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 25, 2016, 07:38:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: RP Never Changes (Fallout, F for M)  (Read 325 times)

Offline KaylaMTopic starter

RP Never Changes (Fallout, F for M)
« on: July 27, 2016, 07:59:19 AM »

After playing Fallout 4 (and having done more then the one play-through) I've developed an interest in the Fallout universe. I'm really interested in the idea of a RP set within the universe, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

What I am looking for here is an original story featuring entirely original characters within the Fallout Universe. The idea I had would be to set it in a part of the US that has not yet been seen in a Fallout game, possibly in the ruins of a major city like Chicago or Detroit. While I don't really have a solid story idea per se, what I'm looking for is incorporating themes and elements from the Fallout universe. Things like rebuilding, exploration, discovery, science gone mad and the consequences of technology run amok.

Likewise, I'd like to incorporate elements that define the universe, in terms of setting and creatures. So lots of old buildings that have been partially destroyed and then repurposed, or settlements thrown together because itís the only safe place somebody could find or the like. Likewise, things like robots, mutants, ghouls, hostile wildlife, raiders and so forth could present obstacles or enemies. And, if course, there has to be Vaults; abandoned, occupied, full of creatures and dark secrets and whatever else.

Plus, and let's be honest here, who doesn't want to run around in a suit of power armour?

I have no solid character ideas as such; the player characters could be explorers, recently released Vault Dwellers, soldiers or whatever else. The only thing I will ask is that a potential partner's character be human; I really have no interest in Ghouls, Super Mutants or whatever else as a partner. On the other hand, having such as NPCs, background characters and adversaries is fine and very fitting with the setting.

I admit now that I've only played Fallout 4, so I do have gapes in my knowledge of the world. I'm learning as I go along, but at the same time, I'm not going to be overly fussy or pedantic. As long as things 'feel right' for the world and the setting, then that's fine with me.  Iíd also invite prospective players to check out my Ons, Offs and RP preferences to know what Iím looking for and what to expect. I respond best to PMs and rarely check the thread itself. I will advise now that I do only play by post on E.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:55:58 AM by KaylaM »

Offline KaylaMTopic starter

Re: RP Never Changes (Fallout, F for M)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 07:56:11 AM »
Update: Some small changes