You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:12:43 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: American revolution (F looking for M)  (Read 213 times)

Offline BeccaTopic starter

American revolution (F looking for M)
« on: July 20, 2016, 01:50:14 PM »
I have to admit I'm quite enthralled with the musical Hamilton, and it has led me to crave a period rpg set during or after the American Revolution

I'm looking for a complicated, passionate love affair, which would continue after/if the two main characters get married.
Perhaps a man or women courting a person who is far above their own station. Perhaps against their parents wishes, perhaps even a taboo kind of relationship (different races?), or even a woman falling for a married man, or on the contrary, her being the one already married, having been pushed into the marriage by her parents, and only now realizing she can crave for more than comfort.

I'd prefer the period between 1750-1850 in either Europe or United States. From the intrigues to courts, to a country in revolution, I think there are a few different settings which could be quite interesting for a romance story. The students revolution in France, the industrial revolution in England, the revolutionary or civil war in United States.

A particularly intriguing idea to me would be a British officer's daughter falling in love with an American revolutionist. Their forbidden affair might mean death to the both of them, and he might even use her proximity to his enemies (her father might be a rather influential commander), to obtain inside information, forcing her to choose between her father and the country she is supposed to be loyal to, or the man she loves and his revolution.

If anyone is interested, do send me a PM, please don't post in this thread!

Becca
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:33:51 AM by Becca »

Offline BeccaTopic starter

Re: American revolution (F looking for M)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:58:36 PM »
I'm giving this idea another try, so bump  :D