You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 08:33:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Tumblr and the new Audio Ads: Does anyone know how to block them?  (Read 328 times)

Online King SerperiorTopic starter

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • I am a Warlock on par with Magnus Bane!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Just as the title says:  Does anyone know how to block these new audio ads on Tumblr?  The ads are able to get past adblock and it's annoying to have to set each tab that has Tumblr on to mute.   >:(

If anyone knows of anything or if other Tumblr users have found a solution, I'd like to know.

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Tumblr and the new Audio Ads: Does anyone know how to block them?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 05:48:19 AM »
If you use Chrome I got This Disable HTML5-autoplay thing from the Chrome Web Store and it stopped the annoying audio from plaguing my precious tumblr time. 

Keep in mind I'm not a computermancer and the magic of why and how such things work is beyond me, but it DID work *shrugs*

(It is also worth noting that you have to change the option to "Disable nothing" when you WANT to listen to things, like say on youtube, but it's easy to do)

If others have better solutions I'd be super thrilled to try them.  I hate these new audio ad things :-(
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:05:59 AM by RampantDesires »

Offline Dim Hon

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The Aforementioned Darkness
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
Re: Tumblr and the new Audio Ads: Does anyone know how to block them?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 06:18:13 PM »
If you have ad blocker you can right click the tab and mute the whole tab - not perfect though.