Human (Ink Cursed)Role:
Inventor / KnightSexuality:
- Skilled Inventor: Give him a layout, a plan, some materials or even leave him to his own devices and ask him to make something, and he will. Kyler is extremely skilled at creating things, seeing what can be used in the most unique ways that make life easier for anyone.
- Sword Expertise (specifically the Cutlass): Since he was constantly taught b his father and other ship mates on his travels he has learned to make his cutlass feel like an extension of his own arm. Both skill in attack and defending he is quit the swordsman when it becomes necessary.
- Cutlass: During his rampage of revenge he remembered all that he had read as a child. The books were of medieval nature, some talking about hero's fighting certain ways and certain ways to train. It all seemed to click when he snapped, the cutlass seeming like an extension of his arm. None the less, he would work on his skills and stances daily. Since growing older and tinkering more and more, he has made a few modifications to his sword, like silver edged and small battery in the hilt which produces a shocking effect to knock out a horse, literally he's done it before.
- Grappling bracer: One of his easier and minor inventions was the grappling bracer. A single gauntlet that would fit over the wearers dominant hand giving them free range of movement as needed. Yet when the occurrences would rise, the wielder only need point their arm in the direction they wanted and squeeze said hand into a tight fist. This reaction would cause a small blade to shoot forth from the wrist leading a thin wire, rated up to 300 lbs, about 3o feet before stopping or hitting said target.
Appearance: Employment History:
- Light Orbs a.k.a Flash Bangs: Small crystalline orbs with a copper banding that exploded on contact with hard surfaces. They emit a high concussion blast that is detrimental to hearing as well as bright flash of light disorienting most. Secret side effect, it actually chars the skin of vamps to close to the blast, un able to be healed by their abilities.
He's been working with the RSH for a little over 6 years now. He fights only when he is called upon, otherwise his time is spent in his shop working on gadgets and weapons for others to better defend this world. When he isn't doing that, he can be found in the library, buried deep in books about The Ink with a bottle of whisky at his side.Personality:
When all is said and done, Kyler is honestly a nice guy who would do anything for anyone. However he does have his issues and emotional baggage. Some would classify it as bi-polar others would call him depressed. There are times when he can be nice, wanting to chat and see how your day is and was. Yet there are times, and this has become more frequent, where he is withdrawn from the world. Annoyance painting his face as he could snap and be rude. When he drinks, he can be kind of a dick, rude and crude, thinking he's a ladies man only to wake up hours later angry at himself for the fool he was.Hobbies:
Reading and researching on "The Ink" to try and find a cure for himself. Tinkering with his inventions. Drinking... A lot...Background:
Kyler wasn't born a hunter nor was he born an inventor, he was born to American immigrants. His father an Englishman from London, his mother and Irish cook who could knock your socks off with her skills in the kitchen. Kyler's father was a traveling business man, selling everything and anything. He settled down after finding the Irishwoman in the states and falling for her instantly. Not even a year later Kyler was born, scrawny and crying. The years passed as he would attend school after school never really finding a home as his father was always moving. He never really found a liking for classes only really content with reading and being alone since he never really had any friends. This would soon change as Kyler's father would land the deal of a life time. Settling down in the suburbs of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, the older man became a sales man for a famous inventor. Helping the inventor market his ideas across the world. At times Kyler would join his father, traveling from the states across the seas to many countries. Yet what he really wanted to do was stay home with the inventor, truthfully the inventors daughter. Scarlet was her name, and the young boy grew quite fond of her.
Friendship became instant and as a few more years passed they were set to be married. There wasn't ever a happier couple in the United States, an inseparable pair the two were. He would only break away from her to tutor under her fathers guidance. Because as they grew to love each other, Kyler felt the calling to invent things to better peoples lives. He started out with small nick knacks that would do tricks, or put on little light shows. Yet his work was always top notch even for his smaller devices. That was until he created the "light orb" or a device he dubbed the "flash bang". A small crystalline ball with a copper ring about it, when struck against a hard surface the materials would react and explode causing a deafening concussion blast yet more so the bright flash that burnt brighter than the sun for an instance. He was a young adult now, and both his father and father in law were proud of him. They set up a get together to meet with current military to showcase his latest invention. With a soft kiss to his pregnant wife he was off on a train heading to the capital for a few weeks.
His time in D.C. was remarkable, yet Kyler came home to desecration. His family has all been murdered, and he was charged with fleeing the crime. While in custody though he met a man who freed him and revealed to him what truly had happened. The inventor had created a device for another hunter group which had slain quit a few vampires. Seeking vengeance, a few vampires came to slaughter all they could, taking everything from Kyler. At first he was perplexed, confused as to how monsters could even be real. He had heard the stories, read them, seen the new articles, yet he never took any of them as truth. Insanity set in and he spent the next 3 years hunting down any monster he could, reeking havoc on not just them, but whole groups. Inventing items to take mass amounts out, like silver fleck grenades, balls that when broken release silver dust into the air putting werewolves into fatal asthmatic attacks. Cruelty was his world, and vengeance was his to hold. He spent years hunting the vampires that murdered all he had. Until finally the day came where found them. Scars littered his body after the fight, his cutlass gleaming in the light as he held his last flash bang in one hand. Begging for mercy the vamp, a weasel of what the rest were, bartered his life to be spared.
The vampire lay dead at his feet, Yet his anger wasn't quenched. He planned more attacks, and he would've had them seen through if the RSH hadn't stepped in. Sending in one of their best agents, she was to end the threat to the peace that they lived in. Yet when she arrived she found a man so lost in guilt it was sad. Bottles of booze lay mixed with the inventions that had given him a name in the States. Pardoning for his sins the agent got him recruited to the RSH to serve and protect with his unique creations. Yet guilt still ate at him nightly, the bottle was his only escape. It wasn't until the Great Nikola Tesla had refereed to the essence of everything, that a gleam of hope popped into his head.
Guilt stricken he hunted the Ink down, finding an area where the manifestation was thought to be. Pooled up like puddles from the rain, the oily black substance lay through the grass of an open field. Laying articles of clothing and hair of his wife down he began the incantation of what he though was a spell to bring the living back from the dead. Yet, as an odd smoke filled the clearing and the skies began to darken, he was sadly mistaken. Wisps of darkness lashed out at him, grasping and pulling him towards the center of the field, a demonic laughter thanking him for freedom. The darkness began to eat at him, his hair greying and his body feeling frail. His skin began to bruise as dark blotches began to appear all across him. He was surly dead, if it wasn't for his flash bang. Yanking free with all his might he slammed the glass orb down, light flashing about him and a deafness soon came. He lay in the grass holding his head from the pain of light and sound, yet he could feel his heart wasn't hurting anymore and when the world came back into view he could see the darkness was dissipating. He was soaked from the ink, as he lay in one of the puddles curious as to what had just happened.
Weeks passed with nothingness, silence in his head and all around. Until one night while he slept he dreamt of the shadow that held him hostage. The same demonic voice, calling to him, screaming at him that it will claim him and his world. When he woke he found the bruises and blotches of darkness on his chest and arms had returned. Fear swept through him, he knew the RSH would find out, he knew something was up with the weird smoke, was it their hunting the ink also? He knew he needed to do something, to find some cure to remove the blotches. Yet the nights remained the same, dreams of terror and anguish filled him, soon his nights ended in the cup to drown all thoughts from him for him to gain proper sleep. He needed to do something, yet he wasn't sure on what.Merits:
- Relentless: He isn't a superhuman like most of the others. Yet he still has heart and still has the will to press forward. He never gives up, even if it means hurting himself, to get the job done or to save someone from something.
- Engineering Smarts: Since being an inventor he has a slight knack for figuring out puzzles or deciphering things that most might blankly stare at.
- He is only human after all: Kyler, unlike most from the RSH, is still in fact only human. The Ink Curse hasn't done much in ways prolonging his health or giving him super human strength. So when push comes to shove, if Mr. Shove is bigger than Mr. Push, Kyler will go down. So no he can't leap far, or lift boulders over his head. No he doesn't heal quickly nor can he run fast.
- Alcoholism: Due to his constant night terrors and the Shadow monster he let loose upon this world Kyler has turned to a life in the cup. Often he can be found sipping from a flask to silent the voices in his head. Or when sleeping, bottles of whisky or rum strewn about his room as if they were clothing. It has affected his abilities at time being unreliable or to far drunk to battle impending danger. As well it has been an issue brought to light by the RSH on many occasions.
- Ink Curse: His body is covered with what seems like bruises that fade from sight or grow in dark color as they seem fit. As of this moment, other than linking him to the Shadow, they haven't cause any physical discomfort, just a reminder to himself and the world what he tried and failed to do.