Magi's Magnificent Menagerie of Musings
(N.B. This post is very much still a work in progress and will be added to as time allows)
Hello there! Welcome to my request thread, please make yourself at home and peruse the following text at your leisure. I have put this thread together in the hopes of explaining who I am, my style of writing and what I look for in perspective writing partners. Should you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer them as best I can.Contents:
- About Me
- What You Can Expect From Me
- Preferences in a Writing Partner
- Ons and Offs
- Current Roleplay List
1. About Me - So, who is Magi?
I've been roleplaying on and off for over twelve years now, during which time I have experimented with various platforms (e.g. forums, ims, PMs, MMOs) before finally coming upon this site via the recommendation of a previous writing partner. That being said I am by no means a 'professional' writer nor really any kind of expert when it comes to crafting stories and characters, and I very much enjoy the learning and challenges that come with working collaboratively with other writers.
While I've certainly developed my own preferences in terms of themes, genres and settings, I'm also open to discussing new and unique plot ideas or character interactions! So please don't be shy in PMing me with suggestions or ideas of your own. Equally I consider myself to be a very accepting and friendly person, and I hope that I can get to know a good number of you out there through IC and OOC communication.
2. What You Can Expect From Me
- I am a female who is happy playing males and females, though I have a preference toward playing female characters.
- Pairings I enjoy: MxF, MxM, FxF (not necessarily in that order).
- I consider myself to be a literate and detailed writer. I can't promise perfect grammar/spelling, but I try to ensure that what errors I do make are kept to a minimum.
- My post length is usually between 3-5 paragraphs, though often I can write a great deal more depending on my partner or the roleplay itself.
- I only ever write in third person.
- I enjoy lengthy plots rather than the 'quick and dirty' kind.
- While I enjoy writing sexual encounters, I find that I enjoy them all the more when they are realistically placed within a broader story. Smut is great, story is better, and a combination of the two is sublime!
- I tend toward more submissive characters, but I have been known to play more dominant ones when a suitable mood/plot strikes.
- Communication is key to most things in life! If you've PMed me and you haven't received a response within a few days then please give me another poke, it's likely I've simply forgotten or have been distracted by this pesky thing called life.
3. Preferences in a Writing Partner
These are what I look for in perspective writing partners; the more boxes you tick the more keen I will be! That being said I'm always willing to discuss these preferences and make allowances were possible. If in doubt, shoot me a PM. :)Moderate to long post length & detail!
I know. It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it! Like all of these preferences, this is not a hard and fast rule. Simply put; in order for me to be able to write something which substantially contributes to the ongoing movement of the plot and character development I require something substantial with which I can work. I have written alongside people who can say a great deal within a much smaller space and this has worked perfectly, and I have written with others who write paragraphs who don't say very much. There is certainly a balance to be struck.
That being said, my preference is for detailed posts around the 3-5 paragraph mark. In return, I shall do the same.Any gendered writer playing any gendered character
This seems pretty self explanatory I think. Are you a female that enjoys writing male characters? Great! Maybe you're the opposite? Brilliant! I honestly don't mind, I just want to make stories together!Communication!
This is a big one and a pretty important one too. If you have an idea in mind for a particular plot, or perhaps you want to tweak an ongoing thread a little or alter it's course? Let me know! Perhaps life has got pretty hectic and you can't post as quickly or as much as you had previously been able to? Let me know! Perhaps you just want a break from our thread or maybe roleplay in general? Let me know!No Godmodding
Whatever it might be, I'm a pretty easy going person, please please please get in touch. If I can do something or if something can be adjusted then I'll be more than happy to do that!
Equally, I promise to communicate as well. I'll let you know (when I can) if I'm going to be absent or if I'm losing interest in a thread, or if I have a particular idea of where things should progress in our thread(s) together. I will also let you know if something you've suggested doesn't appeal to be and I'd hope that you would do the same!
Please do not control my character, or tell me what my character is thinking or how they should act. There may be particular instances where this is unavoidable and this does not include your character physically acting on my character (e.g. your character pushing mine) - by all means act upon my character, but allow me to choose the consequences of that action (within the bounds of reality, of course).
4. Ons and Offs
I will likely write a little bit here in the future, but for now here's a link to my O/O's
here on the site. These are subject to change and may be added to or adjusted as time goes on. Equally if you see something that you'd like to try but that's in my off section feel free to PM me about it, I can't make any promises but your particular idea/plot might bring me around.
Some ideas that I'd really like to do something with, but that I've yet to fully develop into a defined plot! If any of these catch your fancy then feel free to PM me and we can figure something out together!
All of these could be MxF, MxM, FxF or multiples of any combination.
- Post-apocalyptic - think Mad Max, Fallout, that sort of thing!
- Assassin's Creed - I'd love to do something in the world of Assassin's Creed. I'm quite far behind in the actual story of the game (I've just completed Assassin's Creed 3). but I think this world would be ripe for roleplay opportunities. Especially some dark plots.
- Mass Effect-type theme - Spaaaaaaace!
6. Plot Ideas
(N.B. Names/characters in bold are the characters that I want to play)
More to come.
7. Current RoleplaysA Cat May Look at a King
with MaevePolitics and Bedchambers
with Roses of May Jail-House Bitch
with MetraxaFor Love or Duty