You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 21, 2017, 11:41:27 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Magi's Magnificent Menagerie of Musings [F seeking M or F for FxM/FxF/MxM]  (Read 1097 times)

Offline MagiTopic starter

Magi's Magnificent Menagerie of Musings
Request Thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there! Welcome to my request thread, please make yourself at home and peruse the following text at your leisure. I have put this thread together in the hopes of explaining who I am, my style of writing and what I look for in perspective writing partners. Should you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer them as best I can.

Contents:
  • About Me
  • What You Can Expect From Me
  • Preferences in a Writing Partner
  • Ons and Offs
  • Cravings
  • Plots
  • Current Roleplay List
  • Archive

1. About Me - So, who is Magi?

I've been roleplaying on and off for over twelve years now,  during which time I have experimented with various platforms (e.g. forums, ims, PMs, MMOs) before finally coming upon this site via the recommendation of a previous writing partner. That being said I am by no means a 'professional' writer nor really any kind of expert when it comes to crafting stories and characters, and I very much enjoy the learning and challenges that come with working collaboratively with other writers.

While I've certainly developed my own preferences in terms of themes, genres and settings, I'm also open to discussing new and unique plot ideas or character interactions! So please don't be shy in PMing me with suggestions or ideas of your own. Equally I consider myself to be a very accepting and friendly person, and I hope that I can get to know a good number of you out there through IC and OOC communication.

2. What You Can Expect From Me
  • I am a female who is happy playing males and females, though I have a preference toward playing female characters.
  • Pairings I enjoy: MxF, MxM, FxF (not necessarily in that order).
  • I consider myself to be a literate and detailed writer. I can't promise perfect grammar/spelling, but I try to ensure that what errors I do make are kept to a minimum.
  • My post length is usually between 3-5 paragraphs, though often I can write a great deal more depending on my partner or the roleplay itself.
  • I only ever write in third person.
  • I enjoy lengthy plots rather than the 'quick and dirty' kind.
  • While I enjoy writing sexual encounters, I find that I enjoy them all the more when they are realistically placed within a broader story. Smut is great, story is better, and a combination of the two is sublime!
  • Communication is key to most things in life! If you've PMed me and you haven't received a response within a few days then please give me another poke, it's likely I've simply forgotten or have been distracted by this pesky thing called life.
  • Availability - I will do my best to reply to my active threads as frequently as possible, however sometimes my life just doesn't allow me the time I would like to write. If it has been a while since I've posted please do give me a nudge and I'll at least let you know when a reply would be likely!

3. Preferences in a Writing Partner

These are what I look for in perspective writing partners; the more boxes you tick the more keen I will be! That being said I'm always willing to discuss these preferences and make allowances were possible. If in doubt, shoot me a PM. :)

Moderate to long post length & detail!

I know. It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it! Like all of these preferences, this is not a hard and fast rule. Simply put; in order for me to be able to write something which substantially contributes to the ongoing movement of the plot and character development I require something substantial with which I can work. I have written alongside people who can say a great deal within a much smaller space and this has worked perfectly, and I have written with others who write paragraphs who don't say very much. There is certainly a balance to be struck.

That being said, my preference is for detailed posts around the 3-5 paragraph mark. In return, I shall do the same.

Any gendered writer playing any gendered character

This seems pretty self explanatory I think. Are you a female that enjoys writing male characters? Great! Maybe you're the opposite? Brilliant! I honestly don't mind, I just want to make stories together!

Communication!

This is a big one and a pretty important one too. If you have an idea in mind for a particular plot, or perhaps you want to tweak an ongoing thread a little or alter it's course? Let me know! Perhaps life has got pretty hectic and you can't post as quickly or as much as you had previously been able to? Let me know! Perhaps you just want a break from our thread or maybe roleplay in general? Let me know!

Whatever it might be, I'm a pretty easy going person, please please please get in touch. If I can do something or if something can be adjusted then I'll be more than happy to do that!

Equally, I promise to communicate as well. I'll let you know (when I can) if I'm going to be absent or if I'm losing interest in a thread, or if I have a particular idea of where things should progress in our thread(s) together. I will also let you know if something you've suggested doesn't appeal to be and I'd hope that you would do the same!

No Godmodding

Please do not control my character, or tell me what my character is thinking or how they should act. There may be particular instances where this is unavoidable and this does not include your character physically acting on my character (e.g. your character pushing mine) - by all means act upon my character, but allow me to choose the consequences of that action (within the bounds of reality, of course).

4. Ons and Offs

I will likely write a little bit here in the future, but for now here's a link to my O/O's here on the site. These are subject to change and may be added to or adjusted as time goes on. Equally if you see something that you'd like to try but that's in my off section feel free to PM me about it, I can't make any promises but your particular idea/plot might bring me around.

5. Cravings

Some ideas that I'd really like to do something with, but that I've yet to fully develop into a defined plot! If any of these catch your fancy then feel free to PM me and we can figure something out together!

All of these could be MxF, MxM, FxF or multiples of any combination.
  • Involved plot! - Really looking for a meaty, intriguing plot with plenty of character development and twists and turns!
  • Post-apocalyptic - think Mad Max, Fallout, that sort of thing!
  • Assassin's Creed - I'd love to do something in the world of Assassin's Creed. I'm quite far behind in the actual story of the game (I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Rogue at the moment). but I think this world would be ripe for roleplay opportunities. Especially some dark plots.
  • Mass Effect-type theme - Spaaaaaaace! (Although I have yet to play Andromeda)
  • Pirates! - I haven't gotten any further than that, but something to do with pirates or raiders by sea, something along those lines.

6. Plot Ideas
(N.B. Names/characters in bold are the characters that I want to play)

The Prince and the Stable Hand - MxM or other pairings
Themes: Forbidden love, betrayal, political intrigue, darker themes

The great and mighty King Thren lies upon his deathbed, mad with fever and dreaming of being reunited with his dear, departed wife once more. The crowned prince is readying to take the throne, though his father has lingered for many moons and may yet linger for many more, while also making preparations for his upcoming nuptials.He is a strong and capable leader, groomed from childhood to assume the responsibilities of ruler-ship, fawned over by many of the fair lasses of the land and respected by many of the men.

Yet the Prince has a deep secret which he has concealed for years, fearful that should it be revealed his father and his people would cast him out, and the clergy denounce him. His passions were not for the fairer sex, but for his own - an orientation forbidden by the gods and treated as a great crime throughout his father's lands. For years he has gone to great lengths to conceal his desires, though not without the occasional lapse in abstinence, and his upcoming marriage to be the latest veil with which to hide his 'affliction'.

However, when the Prince finds himself drawn toward a young stable-hand, he finds the battle with himself wage all the fiercer. The two strike up a firm friendship, which eventually develops into something far more impassioned.

Perhaps this would not be disastrous in and of itself, but the Prince's younger brother has plans to claim the throne for himself. Cruel, cut-throat and ambitious, he will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even if it means destroying his older brother and all those closest to him in the process.

[N.B. So there is plenty of room to tweak/add stuff to this plot. I'd be looking for my writing partner to play both princes, while I would play the stable-hand and another character that is likely to be attached to the younger prince, though this can be discussed.

I'm looking for the prince/stable hand relationships to be one of equals, at least within the sexual relationship - so not looking for a top/bottom relationship, but a more mutual, co-creating relationship there. I am also looking for this to get fairly dark - plots, murder, betrayal, imprisonment, maybe torture (if a situation arises where it's necessary).  There is plenty we can do with this plot and I'm looking forward to hashing it out with whoever might find it interesting!]

~~~~~

Invasion - FxM or MxM
Themes: An invasion/attack - by aliens or foreign invaders. Prisoner of war, enslavement, labor camps, spoils of war, etc, etc.
Setting: Can vary from ages of the past to modern day to future/sci-fi.
Who I'd like you to play: The leader/a higher up within the invading armour
Who I want to play: The lookout/captive
Synopsis: So this can go in just about any direction, it does come from a thread I had with someone at some point (perhaps not even on this site) where an alien race has invaded earth and only small settlements are left to hold out. However, the invaders don't need to be aliens, nor does the setting need to be modern day. There is a lot of flexibility here to set it anywhere and take the plot wherever we please!

Intro Post

The village had grown steadily since the Fall, survivors stumbling blindly through the ash, driven on by the desperate hope that there were others like them out there somewhere. As their numbers swelled so too did the number of structures within and around the small settlement. Make-shift walls and fortifications were constructed from scrap pieces of metal, wood and anything else that came to hand. Four small outlooks marked the corners of the tightly packed buildings, constantly manned by poor unfortunate souls shivering in the cold, watching for the slightest sign of danger or another wretch lost in the wilderness.

With each lost and traumatised wanderer to stumble upon the village, they learnt further of their plight – tales of devastation across the world and other similar settlements utterly eliminated or emptied by bands of raiders armed with weapons that no human had seen before. A general sense of dread hung heavy over those that struggled to survive in a gradually dying world and prepared themselves for when they had to face these other-worldly combatants.

Several weeks after the devastation of the world’s capitals, a small convoy of military personnel arrived with scavenged weapons and armour, and a grim determination to survive. These men and women organised the rag-tag band of survivors; helping to construct defences, organise patrols and equip those capable with what limited weaponry they had. Amongst their number was a small brown haired girl, with sad blue eyes and a pale freckled face who kept mostly to herself and yet seemed to perpetually summon the wrath of a number of the soldiers whom she had travelled with.

On this particularly frigid night the girl sat huddled in one of the small outlooks, grateful for the minimal shelter that it provided from the biting cold and driving clouds of ash. Huddled in a coat too big for her young frame, she raised her gloved fingers toward her mouth and blew warm air into her cupped hands. She had pulled watch duty for what had to have been the fifth time that week, no doubt an excuse to keep her out from under everybody’s feet and from reminding them of the failure that had brought them to this point.

She sniffed, tucking her hands into her armpits before turning her attention back to the wastes beyond the wall, squinting as the clouds of ash obscured much of the landscape around them. A numbness had begun to seep into her toes and fingertips, gradually spreading up and into the rest of her body as hopped on the spot, a futile attempt to try and kindle even the tiniest spark of warmth within her.

Something caught her eye, a flash of electric blue in the distance only there for a second before vanishing behind the falling ash. She barely dared breath, lifting a hand to grasp the whistle that hung around her neck. Had it been a trick, an illusion conjured by her weary mind. There was nothing for a moment and then the hum, a sound that sent icy dread through her.

“They’re coming…” The words were whispered, barely audible as her breath rose in mist before her face. “They’re coming! They’re coming!” She screamed the words, panic seizing her as she set the whistle to her lips and blew several long, sharp screeches as she scrambled toward the ladder. Numb hands clutched at the rungs, trying to find some purchase, yet in her hurry she missed her footing and landed heavily upon the ground with a grunt.

The village was alive with activity, soldiers taking up position with weapons primed and ready. Those who did not have guns armed themselves as best they could with knives and axes and anything else that came to hand.

They were coming…

~~~~~

Jail-House Bitch - M X M]
Themes: Non-con/dub-con, power struggles, humiliation, violence, dark themes, etc
Setting: Historical, present day or future - prison can be set in any time you can think of!
Who I'd like you to play: The cellmate
Who I want to play: Alex
Synopsis: Looking for this to be a dark plot. This prison is full of the worst of the worst, and as such is likely be a violent and cruel place. Where this goes is open for myself and my prospective partner to hash out between us. Perhaps the prisoners start a riot, or perhaps they attempt to escape, perhaps they are successful! Plenty of options available.

He was an attractive young man, not pretty in a manner that some would deem feminine nor handsome in the sense of a muscular jock. Alexander was streamlined; from the angular jaw to the lean, toned body that served him well as an athlete. Neither popular nor an outcast, his schooling had been a quiet affair with the young man proving to be as promising in his studies as he was on the track. He was a good kid with a bright future, that was until it all fell apart.

His crimes? Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder. In truth it had been nothing of the sort, Alex simply didn't have it in him to murder anyone - the knife had been close to hand, his mother was in danger and he had struck! Not that that had mattered to the police officers that arrested and charged him, nor the judge that sent him down.

His sentence? Five years; though the teenage wondered if he would ever taste freedom again. He had heard stories, rumours of the place that he had been sent to - people didn't leave those prison walls once they had entered, at least no alive anyway.

The bus journey was a long and uncomfortable one, the barely cushioned seats providing little shielding from the uneven road that caused the dusty vehicle to lurk and sway from side to side. All the windows had been thrown open to combat the stifling heat but only succeeded in allowing the dust thrown up by the wheels to rain down on the wretched souls sat within.

Cuffs encircled wrists and ankles, the two linked by a short chain that made movement awkward and slow, and if this was not sufficient to keep the new inmates docile two officers sat at the front of the bus with loaded rifles. A set of orange scrubs, a pair of briefs, white socks and thin canvas sneakers were the only possessions to Alexander's name - the vivid fabric hanging
rather loose about his slim athletic frame. Chocolate coloured strands fell in front of his eyes, the unruly hair left to do as it wished, while hazel eyes stared forlornly out at the barely visible desert beyond the dust-caked window.

~~~~~

Careless Whispers - FxM or MxM
Themes: Scheming, blackmail, assassination, treason, murder, criminality, light-NC depending on which direction we take. Though I have a preference for this to be dark/grim/violent, etc.
Setting: Medieval/fantasy (my preferences), modern, future/sci-fi
Who I'd like you to play: The main conspirator & the 'target'
Who I want to play: The person who stumbles onto the plot
Synopsis: A street urchin stumbles upon a plot to assassinate the current royal family (or a noble household, head of government etc), and as a result is dragged into the whole sordid affair - either through being forced to participate in it, or by attempting to reveal it to the authorities. Plenty of room here for lots of twists and turns and intrigue, I'll hopefully have an intro post up shortly!

7. Current Roleplays

A Cat May Look at a King with Maeve
Politics and Bedchambers with Roses of May
Jail-House Bitch with Metraxa
For Love or Duty with greenknight

8. Archive

<None>

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:06:08 PM by Magi »

Re: Magi's Magnificent Menagerie of Musings [F seeking M or F]
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 08:18:57 PM »
Plot Ideas Currently In Use

"For Love or Duty" ~ TAKEN ~ [F/F X M]

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
One by one they had fallen before the mighty armies of Bernicia; vast cities reduced to rubble, proud people brought to their knees and subjugated by whip and chain. The ground beneath the ever marching feet of King Talor's legions churned the blood soaked earth to mud as it crept ominously toward the next conquest. Yet this next Kingdom would not be so easy to claim; it's great walled cities, treacherous landscape and skilled warriors would pose a challenge to even Bernicia's mighty war machine and would likely lead to years of protracted sieges and heavy losses on both sides.

King Talor was not to be dissuaded however - lands and wealth can be claimed by means other than war - and, with the threat of war looming, proposed an arrangement that would unite the two Kingdoms in marriage and bring about a tenuous peace. Blessed with many children, the war-mongering ruler offered forth his eldest daughter - Princess Eleanor - to be wed and arrangements were promptly made.

We join this tale some weeks after the fated marriage. Princess Eleanor has moved into her new home, bringing with her a vast retinue of handmaidens, ladies' in waiting, cooks, stable hands, knights and slaves, claiming a great deal of space in which to house both herself and her staff. The Princess is a beauty indeed, elegant and regal, but cold and bitterly resentful of her role in life, unthinking and uncaring for any that she deems not worthy of her attention or affection. This cool disregard is regularly directed toward her new husband, only deigning to share his bed to fulfil her duty of producing an heir and making very little effort to associate with him otherwise.

Shunned by his wife or perhaps equally as disinterested in the marriage, YC finds himself trapped by duty and a need to maintain diplomatic relations for fear that his home and Kingdom would be plunged into war. As the days, weeks and months pass he finds that both he and his wife are living separate lives, seeing each other only briefly to fulfil their marital duties. With each feeble apology his wife sends for her absence, he notices that more often than not the same girl is tasked with passing on her Mistress' excuses, a foreign and interesting soul who catches his attention.

Adine is but a slave, marked by a thin metal collar and a brand seared into the skin upon the back of her left shoulder, and she serves her Mistress with fearful obedience. She holds an exotic air about her; olive skin, ink black hair and warm caramel coloured eyes, exuding a timid warmth that markedly contrasts with her Mistress' unfeeling demeanour. Perhaps YC is only seeking companionship, or perhaps he has darker motives, when he instructs the girl to remain after delivering Eleanor's apologies.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Jail-House Bitch" ~ TAKEN ~ [F X F or M X M]

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The shuttle decreased its speed, the humming of the engines becoming more pronounced as it neared its assigned docking station. Within, the new inmates sat in shackles, casting wary glances at their fellow felons or staring morosely at the metallic flooring of the three quarters full transport vehicle. A slight, fair-haired young woman craned her neck as the administration block of the female wing came into view, peering through a narrow, reinforced window at the first glimpses of what was to be her new home.

Of course there was little to see, what with the vast majority of the facility buried deep beneath the surface of the moon itself, but even this lone, visible representation of the prison made Ali's stomach lurch wildly within her. Harkin Penal Correctional Facility, its reputation proceeded it, known as the roughest and most infamous prison in the system and beyond, a hive of absolute scum and villainy. I'm going to die here... Panic rose up to choke her, her heart hammering wildly within her chest as the shuttle slowed and coupled with the docking station with a shuddering thud.

She didn't belong amidst her fellow convicts. Most were well muscled, tattooed, scarred, or had a combination of all three, with hard stares and cold exteriors. Ali's eyes were full of fear and startling blue, her blonde hair gathered back behind her head in a hasty pony tail, complexion fair and clear. She was short and slim, with no visible signs of sporting any old wounds or inked patterns.

"On your feet!" The command issued by a red, square faced brute was followed swiftly by the heavy clang of his night stick against the nearest solid object, urging the orange-clad occupants to lurch to their feet and shuffle their way off the shuttle. Ali was one of the last to exit the transport, allowed only a brief moment's hesitation before a heavy hand fell upon her shoulder and drove her onward and into the docking area. Oh god... A muffled conversation was taking place nearby, their chaperone handing over the necessary documentation to the guards that had been awaiting them.

The cold metal that encircled her wrists suddenly felt heavy, the activity around her growing distant and fuzzy as the heavy doors that lead into the prison-proper drew open slowly. She wanted to scream, to run back to the shuttle and beg them to take her away from here, but her legs continued to carry her onward, through the foot thick metal doorway and into the prison's receiving area.

Access to the prison below was granted by a multitude of large industrial elevators, the entrances to which now lined the left-hand wall of the room in which they stood. The group was split in two, divided equally between two waiting elevators that would transport them down into the bowels of the moon. Another hallway, another set of heavy doors, armed guards and cold looks. Shepherded into the centre of the room, their cuffs were removed in swift succession before prison officials withdrew back through the door which they had just come, sealing it shut behind them.

Several minutes passed, before the doors on the opposite side of the room drew back to reveal the interior of the prison - their new home.

(N.B. Looking for someone to play Ali's room-mate, someone meaner and tougher than her, which will likely lead to a master/slave type relationship, non-con or dubious-con. Looking for this to be a dark plot. Harkin is a place filled with the worst of the worst, and as such is likely be a violent and cruel place. Where this goes is open for myself and my prospective partner to hash out between us. Perhaps the prisoners start a riot, or perhaps they attempt to escape, perhaps they are successful! Plenty of options available.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:08:27 PM by Magi »

Re: Magi's Magnificent Menagerie of Musings [F seeking M or F]
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:28:30 PM »
Added a plot - "Jail-House Bitch"
Updated current threads

Updated availability
Tweaked cravings slightly
Added a plot - The Prince and the Stable Hand

Tweaked cravings slightly.
Added a plot - Careless Whispers (Example intro in the process of being written).

Added "Jail-House Bitch" (MxM only) back onto my plot list