My point of view is this: I am very grateful to have a job, but beyond that, a good paying job in comparison to what I do.
I've worked many, many jobs during the course of my life, and I've given up good jobs in the arrogance of my youth. However, it wasn't until I worked in the service industry in a pizza restaurant for almost a decade that I realized just how grateful I was for the job I have now. I work for a very well known delivery/freight company, and I drive a forklift, loading and unloading freight. 95% of my shift is spent on a forklift, and the other 5% is restacking freight, securing freight, and locating paperwork for supervisors. I make a great hourly wage, I have incredible benefits, a pension and 401k plan, as well as vacation and personal time, and paid holidays. I wish I had landed this job ten years ago!
I'm very grateful for my job. I'm very grateful to have this job. It allows me to provide for my family, pay my bills, but also the extra money to live comfortably...smoking fine cigars, eating healthy, caring for my pets, owning a motorcycle, etc. Working almost ten years in a pizza restaurant left me living paycheck to paycheck, and that was difficult to do, even with my ex-wife working full time, as well.
Yeah, my job is third shift, and, being on a loading dock, it's extremely cold in the winter and hotter than hell in the summer...but I've done so much worse for so much less. I think a big part of what's wrong with today's twenty-somethings is that they have this sense of entitlement, that the world owes them a good paying, easy job. They don't have the mindset that you have to work your way up in order to land that good job. They don't understand that you start at a job that you don't necessarily like, and find another one when you have the skills and ability for something better. Colleges and trade schools are a great way to advance your skill set so you're not working at a pizza restaurant for ten years.
As for your argument about capitalism, I wholeheartedly disagree. I am paid what I'm worth. I'm paid damn well for what I do. And the recent outcry of support for a socialist economy is ridiculous, considering that no socialist economy has ever seen success. Capitalism has made America an economic powerhouse, and given the opportunity for every single citizen to do and become whatever they please, within the confines of the law, of course. You don't like your job? Go to school. Learn a trade. Yeah, you'll be swimming in student loan debt, but ask yourself this: is it easier to pay my bills when I make a decent wage, or when I make minimum wage? Your choice.