You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 05:06:38 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Windows 10 Force Upgrade  (Read 374 times)

Offline LurkingTopic starter

Windows 10 Force Upgrade
« on: June 21, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
Yesterday my computer randomly turned itself off and started to install windows 10. I never clicked on anything to say it could do this. I turned the computer off manually before it finished installing. Today I get a popup asking me to scheduled a time to complete my windows 10 installation. There's no option to say 'no I don't want to install'. I can't even close the popup.
I googled it and it sounds like it's been a problem for other people as well. I can't find anywhere that clearly tells me how to make it stop though. Anyone know how to make this thing go away?

Offline Kyrsa

Re: Windows 10 Force Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:23:10 AM »
When that happened to me a month ago I set the date for a day I wouldn't be on the computer at all. It hasn't asked me again or tried to install it.

Offline Cycle

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 01:21:47 PM »
Windows 10 was being incredibly aggressive in trying to take over my laptop so I finally downloaded and used this:  GWX Control Panel

That did it.  Win10 is dead.

Offline GypsyRose

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
This worked for me on my work desktop:

Programs & Features
Turn Windows Features On or Off
View Installed Updates

Select the KB3035583 update with a click or a tap and then press the Uninstall button found at the top of the updates list. Confirm that you want to uninstall this update and wait for the process to finish. Then, reboot your device. Now, the "Get Windows 10" app is completely removed from your system.

Offline LurkingTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 09:08:30 AM »
I ended up turning the computer off manually while the popup was left open. Since then it hasn't come up again and windows 10 hasn't tried to install itself. Fingers crossed it'll stay away now.

If it comes back up I'll be sure to try what you guys have posted. :-)