RULES OF PLAY
These are my standard OOC rules of play for group games. I put them in every group game I run, usually with minor variations to suit the specific setting. I like to think there is nothing draconian or unacceptable here, and I ask all players to read them. Submitting a character sheet to me implies that you have read and are in agreement with these rules.IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH SOMETHING HERE, PLEASE TELL ME!
All rules except two are negotiable!Symbiotic Sandbox or Creepy-Creature GM Control?
This is a semi-sandbox, semi-GM-directed game. What that means is that I as GM provide you the players with a setting and a scenario, and it's up to you to deal with it how you wish. You are free to explore the setting, have fun with your characters' new (and untested) abilities, and basically do as you see fit. However, from time to time I will be throwing in random events that the new "superheroines" will have to deal with. These could be anything from muggings to riots to supervillains to natural disasters. I will be deciding on what exactly will happen on-the-fly, depending upon what exactly is going on...RULES:
- The GM's word is law. This does not mean I'm not open to discussion, but if it comes to an impasse, if a decision needs to be made, or a discussion is getting out of bounds, I will render a decision that I expect to be abided by. I will do this based upon context.
- Respect other players ons and more importantly, their offs! This is NOT negotiable. Ons and offs are there for a reason. If you feel someone has broken this rule, please PM them first to talk about it. If they will not change their post, then contact me via PM and I will deal with it. Please note that persistently ignoring another players O/Os is grounds for reporting to staff!
- Try to post at least once a week. If you know you will be unable to post for a while please let us know in advance in the OOC. it is a good idea to create an Apologies/Absences (A/A) thread so everyone you are RPing with knows where you've gone. Players who fail to post for a considerable length of time will have their characters taken over by the GM and removed from play
- If you know you are going to be away for a considerable time (more than a week) please bring any story-arcs you are involved in to a conclusion, or extract your character from them. If you inform me you will be away, I will not kill off your character!
- If you find your character is sitting around doing nothing, post something to the OOC, or PM me. If you wait for someone to interact with you, you will wait a long time. Let me know and I will create an event for you.
- If you have any questions about anything in the game, ASK! The only stupid questions are "how many beans make five" and ones that aren't asked!
- The OOC-Chat thread will be for people to chat. I have no problems with you guys discussing the latest football results if you wish, (although I'd rather you didn't as I don't like football), because it means you are getting on as a group. Use that thread as you see fit, but please give priority to game related discussion.
- Please tag all IC posts using the code that will be supplied, editing the details as appropriate. This will enable other players and myself to track where everyone is.
- There is no rule 9.
- Players who drop out of the game will have their character taken over by the GM and disposed of as I see fit. If this is unacceptable to you, don't drop out of the game.
- Please try to post a minimum of 300 words per post. If you post short once in a while, that isn't going to be a problem, but doing so consistently will draw my attention and I will ask you to expand your posts. If the player you are responding to has not given you enough material to write a decent length post from, PM them and ask them to expand their post.
- God-Moding is a big no-no, but a certain amount of "moving the story on" needs to be expected. If you feel you have been god-moded, talk it over by PM, and if you cannot reach a satisfactory solution, bring it to me.
- Actions have consequences! If your post has been replied to, it has become canon. Please do not edit it without permission.
- HAVE FUN! This too is non-negotiable. If you aren't having fun, I would like to know why, so I can change whatever it is that is stopping you having fun!
Please use the character sheet below. Click the "Select" link above the code window, and press <Ctrl> + c to copy the code, then paste it into either a PM to myself or into whatever text editor you prefer to use. Fill in the blanks and PM the completed sheet to me.ALL CHARACTER SHEETS MUST BE PMED TO ME FOR APPROVAL PLEASE.
Submitting a character sheet to me implies acceptance of the rules of play and the terms herein for creating a character.
All characters submitted become the property of the game. If the player drops out, the character will be taken over by the GM and may be disposed of in any manner the GM sees fit.
I reserve the right to reject a character without giving a reason for doing so. However, I will usually attempt to give a reason and suggest ways in which the character may be made acceptable.
Possible reasons for a character being rejected include, but are not limited to:
- Incomplete or incorrectly filled out character sheets
- Modified character sheets
- Characters that do not fit the setting or scenario
- Characters that appear to be designed to disrupt the game
- Mary-Sue characters
- Characters with a name the same as or too similar to the player's ID
[floatright][img height=300 padding=5]Image URL goes here[/img][/floatright][b]Player ID: [/b]NOTESImage:
[b]Eye Colour: [/b]
[b]Hair Colour: [/b]
[b]Distinguishing features: [/b]
[b]Likes (Non sexual):[/b]
[b]Dislikes (Non sexual):[/b]
[b]Link to player O/Os: [/b]
Please use photographs rather than art-work. This is your character as she is at the start of the game. Nude or NSFW images should be placed in the "Other" section under a spoiler tag labelled "NSFW". (If you don't know how to do this please ask). I always find it helpful to select the character image before writing the sheet.Player ID:
This is your Elliquiy login ID. (Yes I know... but amazingly people have got it wrong).Name:
The name of your character.Age:
Minimum 18, maximum 21.Height:
Please use cm. Multiply inches by 2.54.Weight:
Please use kg. Divide Lb by 2.2. Click here for a useful chart.Eye Colour:
If not obvious from the image, or put "As picture"Hair Colour:
If not obvious from the image, or put "As picture"Distinguishing features:
Tattoos, scars, piercings, birthmarks, etc.Build:
If not obvious from the image, or put "As picture"Orientation:
Your character does not have to be a lesbian. This is a smut heavy all-girl game, though, so at some point she is going to have lesbian sex. Please bear this in mind?Kinks:
If any. The game is going into exotic (for obvious reasons) but whether I put it in Light, Bondage or N/C, I have not yet decided. Probably N/C just to be safe...!Offs:
Things the character
doesn't like. Note that these can be things that the player
loves.Likes (Non sexual):
Please list at least three things she enjoys with her clothes on...Dislikes (Non sexual):
Please list at least three things she dislikes regardless of clothing status...Strengths:
Please list at least three things she's good at.Weaknesses:
Please list at least four
things she is bad at, and always make it one more than her strengths. I know it is hard, but seriously, you can tell far more about a person through their weaknesses than their strengths.Personality:
At least one decent length paragraphs about how your character behaves, how she thinks, what pushes her buttons, what drives her, the sort of person she is, how she relates to others...History:
At least two, preferably three, decent length paragraphs about where she's from, her family, what she's been doing sinse leaving school, etc.Other:
Anything else you think I've forgotten - I'm only human, after all. Plus any NSFW pictures under a Soiler.Link to player O/Os:
This is mandatory. I will not accept a character unless the player has an o/o page or a filled in preferences matrix. Just saying "I'm up for anything" is not good enough. Everyone has their limits, and if someone accidentally finds one of yours, that can cause trouble.